hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dude:

Stuff

Other stuff

More stuff

Same stuff just repeated with different words

More stuff

Yes you WILL eventually have to pay for something.

You... you just listed all the things you don't have to spend money on them, explained exactly how you can avoid having to spend money on them...

And then said you have to spend money on them.

The sound you're hearing is me doing a terrible impression of the robot from Lost in Space flailing his dryer tube arms and saying, "ERROR! ERROR WILL ROBINSON! DOES NOT COMPUTE!"
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And it's not all going to get fixed today or tomorrow or next week.

it's a game. Have fun. Or do something else.

You are right. its been 3 years so it would be foolish to expect these issues to be fixed in a day or a week. :D
    Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Not employed by Cryptic or PWE. At all. They don't even get to give me assignments, or they'd have to pay me.

my mistake. sorry syber.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xalexkx wrote: »
    Agree with you, but. They want to fix bugs. ok, but not bring down the server every 2 days.
    Cant they make maintance like once 1 month or 2 times.
    Not maintance daily with no release notes

So, once they've coded a fix, and tested it, you're suggesting they sit on it for another month or 2 without loading it to fix the problem?
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    go read today's patch notes.

7 fixes after 2 weeks?

*slow golf clap*

That is roughly 2 bug fixes per 2 work days, that doesn't require a 40+ Dev Team, that requires maybe ONE or TWO Devs ... three tops.

either everyone has been on vacation (well deserved if so), or i don't know what they are working on... not fxiing stuff on Holodeck anyway. Or maybe they are holding out on us and there will be something with 50+ lines next week or so.

I don't know what they are up to and the lack of communication is disturbing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People have been constantly complaining and begging for changes in the game. You NEVER respond in the forums. I go through the DEV tracker and the only responses I see are either being smart or just "we are bringing the server down for maintenance."

Or when a person says they are quitting you say "sorry to see you go closing thread" Do you even care to say "is there anything we can do to make your STO experience better?

That is not an attitude you should put toward your fans and customers.

Before PWE took over, Cryptic devs were constantly on this forum responding to people. The DEV tracker was full of that. Now it's all closing threads, and maintenance responses.

People having been begging for changes to several things over the past few months, and even in the past few weeks, and I am not even talking about bugs.

What is going on over there? Do you care OR NOT. The minute a mod sees a thread about someone quitting it's closed. The minute a feedback comes in, nothing. YOu just let the thread go and do nothing about it. It's creating anger with me.

I mean look at the reputation feedback thread, there is a 7 page thread on how you should make the Reputation account wide, NO response. Nothing. Show us you actually still care.

This seems uninformed trolling IMO by someone who wants to be spoon-fed.

To clarify about responses:

There are times a response is made in a thread, generally a news thread with an updated piece of information. I've seen Branflakes do this a number of times, in a question post I made, myself, me, moi and can say therefore from direct personal experience therefore. I got a direct answer confirming the featured projects were coming to an end.

Given the Dev interview with the half hour give me a Rommie alien regen, would you want to submit yourself to an individual who may or may not represent majority or minority views, badgering you about an aspect of the game and refusing to accept your answer.

There is a monthly ask cryptic. There are pieces of information in the interviews, yes a lot of it is a rehash but there are sometimes new nuggets of details.

In one of the post launch LoR interviews there was an acknowledgement of the problems and that a number of issues would be resolved together not 1 at a time.

Also something your frustrated about in-game maybe part of secret dev work and there maybe times when something is done it's actually better than you might have been asking for.

If you do have a particular issue, The monthly ask cryptic is the most direct feedback generally available, given this is monthly it can be slow to be getting a response. You may need to raise a point a few times to get a more direct response.

I do agree when bugged gameplay is reported an update that this is being fixed or is pending other game changes would probably help furrowed brows.

Other than that, try working with them before ranting on the forums which in all honesty is a minor percentage of the larger playing base.
  • Options
    kianazerokianazero Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Consider this; they may no longer respond to our every little desire and complaint because they take entirely too much flak from the player fanbase when they do as thier responses are quickly taken out of context and often twisted into false-truths that are far removed from thier intentions.

That is probably true. It's the exact reason Why the Fandom Can't Have Nice Things trope exists.

People also have to realize a lot of planning and thought has to go into changes, what it'd do to the gameplay at that level, or at the endgame, and quite a bit more.

There's also times where the answer to someone's awesome idea is going to be 'No', and it may be 'no' for a myriad of reasons. If CBS is banking on making more money on JJ Trek games, and therefore see a Tier 5 Constitution a threat to profits (Why spend $60 on a JJ Trek game when I can pay $25 in STO and play it from then on for free?) then the answer is going to be no, and there's not a lot you can do about it. Someone's awesome idea may also be going against what the devs have planned, and again, the answer will be 'no'.
  • Options
    xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, once they've coded a fix, and tested it, you're suggesting they sit on it for another month or 2 without loading it to fix the problem?

of course not.
    But not maitnance every day. Once a week or something.
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People have been constantly complaining and begging for changes in the game. You NEVER respond in the forums. I go through the DEV tracker and the only responses I see are either being smart or just "we are bringing the server down for maintenance."

Or when a person says they are quitting you say "sorry to see you go closing thread" Do you even care to say "is there anything we can do to make your STO experience better?

That is not an attitude you should put toward your fans and customers.

Before PWE took over, Cryptic devs were constantly on this forum responding to people. The DEV tracker was full of that. Now it's all closing threads, and maintenance responses.

People having been begging for changes to several things over the past few months, and even in the past few weeks, and I am not even talking about bugs.

What is going on over there? Do you care OR NOT. The minute a mod sees a thread about someone quitting it's closed. The minute a feedback comes in, nothing. YOu just let the thread go and do nothing about it. It's creating anger with me.

I mean look at the reputation feedback thread, there is a 7 page thread on how you should make the Reputation account wide, NO response. Nothing. Show us you actually still care.

Though I do agree with you , I agree with alot of other posts too.

All I know is, I am grateful for the way the STO game is right now. It's by far the best game online right now that I have ever played. And that's due to the fact that STO allows you to play ALL content for Free. And indeed even allows something as great as the Exchange to exist as it does.

God Bless you all and God Bless the STO Team.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    7 fixes after 2 weeks?

*slow golf clap*

That is roughly 2 bug fixes per 2 work days, that doesn't require a 40+ Dev Team, that requires maybe ONE or TWO Devs ... three tops.

keep in mind not every dev can fix bugs even if they wanted to. No one wants Taco near the bug fixing department.

The rest of the team are probably on vacation (most likely) or working on the new fleet holding, new ships, next FE series or whatever.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xalexkx wrote: »
    of course not.
    But not maitnance every day. Once a week or something.

it normally is, however something happened with the latest patch that caused the instability that requires the higher rate of maintenance.

they would not do it unless it was needed. it will get back to once a week soon enough.
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dude:

To earn a full Omega set, Tier V is 34K dil each. That is 102K dil.

Now to earn that without paying a dime that will take: 13 days to save up.

Not to mention the month, if you work at it everyday for 30 days to get make Tier rep.

Now that's just ONE set on ONE character. Not to mention the griding it would take.

Oh yeah not forgetting wanting to buy fleet stuff too. Saving up even more. It would most likely take you probably over 6 months to fairly save up.

That's boring and insane.

Not to mention spending DIL to unlock star base Tiers, and MANY MANY other things tat cost DIL.

Oh you want a fleet ship? Now you have to save up more DIL, oh and then grind your butt off to either buy Fleet modules, not just one. BUt 4 - 5. OR of course spend 500 Zen store EACH to get ONE.

Have you even played an MMO before?

MMO's are all about time investment, you don't get to be spoon-fed unless you pay for it.

As for ''I quit'' threads, I'd like to see a dev or mod close it with my favorite line for rage quitters: ''And nothing of value was lost.''
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    gonjaagonjaa Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    7 fixes after 2 weeks?

*slow golf clap*

either everyone has been on vacation (well deserved if so), or i don't know what they are working on... not fxiing stuff on Holodeck anyway. Or maybe they are holding out on us and there will be something with 50+ lines next week or so.

I don't know what they are up to and the lack of communication is disturbing.

Wow this is such an outlandish and uneducated statement...just wow..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I personally feel that its most likely you never see dev's on here because its quite simply, too hostile of an environment. Look at how we treat each other.. One person expresses an opinion and the next so many replies are generally in the realm of name calling, insults, put down, negating and relegating that idea and person to the back of the bus.. Gods only know what we'd do to a dev should they dare come in here.. We sometimes make the worst of Klingon culture look like the most poofter-ish of snobby society.. Frankly, we make ourselves appear as if we have no class. We appear to be nothing but a bunch of over aged childish malcontents needing to give everyone else a bad time. Perhaps it is we, who doesnt really care?
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it normally is, however something happened with the latest patch that caused the instability that requires the higher rate of maintenance.

they would not do it unless it was needed. it will get back to once a week soon enough.

hopefully....
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    I personally feel that its most likely you never see dev's on here because its quite simply, too hostile of an environment. Look at how we treat each other.. One person expresses an opinion and the next so many replies are generally in the realm of name calling, insults, put down, negating and relegating that idea and person to the back of the bus.. Gods only know what we'd do to a dev should they dare come in here.. We sometimes make the worst of Klingon culture look like the most poofter-ish of snobby society.. Frankly, we make ourselves appear as if we have no class. We appear to be nothing but a bunch of over aged childish malcontents needing to give everyone else a bad time. Perhaps it is we, who doesnt really care?

I couldn't agree more. Alot of people are rude on these forums and it's quite sad when people decide to spend time making others feel sad...

and we wonder why aliens don't land on this planet openly....hmm gee I wonder.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Read the patch notes?

Aux2bat got nuked :D
  • Options
    packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    Read the patch notes?

Aux2bat got nuked :D

Aux2bat hasn't been nerfed emg power to aux has, they're different skills. Emergency power to aux granted players an extreme level of stealth detection, this is what is being changed.
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • Options
    stickman3447stickman3447 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol man its a game and i could care less how long the devs take to fix things im still here i get bored with the game i go find something else to do its that f-ing simple. besides the option of paying money(note i said OPTION)is exactly that an OPTION. next all the forums i read are so damn hostile i dont even post if i want a fight i'll walk to the bar down the street from my house...
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It isn't really downtime, bugs etc that get me with Cryptic. Things happen and I'll accept that I will experience inconveniences. I had planned a brief essay like response what does get me but I'll sum it up in one sentence.

"The frequency of bugs/downtime and the general lack of progress, good communication and handling of the game (specifically LOR as an example) is what gets me."
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gonjaa wrote: »
    Wow this is such an outlandish and uneducated statement...just wow..

What an extremely well thought out and educational response!
    Kudos!
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    :::puts on his asbestos underoos:::

"I Quit" threads are expressly forbidden within the rules of the forums, so yes, they get shut down. We aren't happy when someone leaves, but generally, their quit thread has already told us why they are leaving.

Group A wants things done way X. Group B wants things done way Y. Which way do you do things? No matter what we do, there will always be someone who wants it done differently. Threads outlining how we should alter something (say, reputation) will definitely be taken into consideration, but there is no guarantee that it will be changed. At some point, we have to make a call as to what we feel is best for the game. If we agree with a given thread, that thing will be changed. If we disagree with a given thread, it won't be. Either way, there may not be a response posted from a dev. And even if it's decided that a change is in order, that change does not come the next day for most things. There is often a fair amount of work that has to be done, or at least, it has to be fit into the schedule, which usually isn't tomorrow.

Feedback threads get responses when we feel one is necessary. No response does not mean that no one has read the feedback, or even acted upon it. If further information is needed, or a dev has something they want to (and can) say on the subject, they will.

The lack of dev participation in the forum lately is probably largely due to how focused we've been on trying to get Legacy of Romulus out the door. While it is launched, there has still been a lot of work to do, and I imagine, you'll see more dev participation in the next month or two.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    danteandersendanteandersen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    7 fixes after 2 weeks?

*slow golf clap*

Be glad you're not a Champions Online player... they haven't seen this many patch notes combined in MONTHS.

-END OF LINE
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2013

No plans at all to do that here. I've gotten this far without paying, I will go forever without paying
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The giant man eating taco is right.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited June 2013
    No plans at all to do that here. I've gotten this far without paying, I will go forever without paying

Oh absolutely, I agree with this completely. Theres always people out there willing to spend hundreds per month to buy more zen to sell for dil. I'm grateful to them because they're essentially paying for me to get all the fun toys. I appreciate them enhancing my playing experience!
  • Options
    omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    EA had some similar stats for F2P games, which indicated that those posters spend significantly more than average in the cash shop AFTER their "I quit" posts, too.

Industry contacts tell me that's true in their shops, as well.

Wow, just wow. The number of beans in your jar today is not indicative of how long they will remain there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • Options
    chooch99achooch99a Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But remember the funnest part of "I quit" threads.

The classic fun response "Can I have you stuff?" :cool:
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    And a note on "so many patches, and now bugfixes?!?!?!"

After a launch like this, the priority is to get a stable build, that isn't doing crazy things, or crashing, or whatever. (If you were paying very close attention. . . you may have noticed this.) So, you work on the things that are causing those crazy things and crashes. While there may be plenty of other bugs, we delay working on those (or in this case, are already fixing those in a later branch.), because touching anything else has the potential of introducing NEW bugs, which could further complicate the issue, cause more crashes, and make it even harder to track down the original issue.

So, many of the bugs people are bringing up have likely been addressed already, but will be coming out later, once we have the build that the game is running on currently, more stable and working well.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg