test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anymore sceenshots available?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Other than the 3 screen shots that dstahl released, are there anymore available? (Or are Beta testers not allowed to release any :()
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Beta testers can't release screenshots due to NDA.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Anders118 wrote: »
    Beta testers can't release screenshots due to NDA.

Thanks for the info. I suspected that was the case.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i wish theyd lift the darn NDA already. VERY Little infomation on the foundry really has been given to us other then three screenshots and bits and peaces of what it can do. Its more frustrating to me to at least not know really what the foundry can do rather then waiting around for it. Because if i had a better understand of what it can do i can plan some missions ideas while we wait... SIghs.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    evenios wrote: »
    i wish theyd lift the darn NDA already. VERY Little infomation on the foundry really has been given to us other then three screenshots and bits and peaces of what it can do. Its more frustrating to me to at least not know really what the foundry can do rather then waiting around for it. Because if i had a better understand of what it can do i can plan some missions ideas while we wait... SIghs.

That is the nature of things in Closed Beta. If you want to see it this instant, do the following.

1: Build a time machine.

2: Go back in time to the launch of the game.

3: Logon to Tribble and submit every known bug ever submitted.

4: Go into the future after submitting every bug report ever filed, and walla! There is your closed beta invite!
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Yeah I agree. To be honest I am having difficulty getting very excited about it at the moment. I have mixed feelings that I am sure will go away when I have a play. Seeing that the release is so close around the corner, I would have expected the Marketing Guys to release a sneak peak already? C'mon Cryptic a couple of more screen shots would go a long way in reasuring players :p.

Edit ... Got to remind myself its going from Closed Beta to Tribble, not release :(
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    that is my point i have mixed feelings too. I saw their previous attempt the Mission editor for City of heroes. It is not what i had hoped. Its basically fill in the blanks quasi-random mission creator. You can change the appearance of some things and all but you cant edit where they are placed . its limited and not what i was expecting for a mission editor and defiantly not something that would work for Star Trek Online

Also given the fact that they announced some featured only to say some of them will be delayed like interior creation (in fact the current faq has no information about interior maps if you can use premade ones and place objects and npcs)

We seem to have more hype about how great it is going to be rather then nuts and bolts information about it.

which just makes the constant delays more and more frustrating because it seems it will be the only real chance we will get more information about it by simply trying it out for ourselves.

I dont mind the wait if they exists much information about something but just not knowing that much at all and it keep getting delayed is frustrating.

I want to be excited for it as it does seem like it will be pretty cool but... untill we see it in action...

i just think at least by this point if open beta is very close they should have posted some more info and at least some videos on it, maybe keep the NDA but in some cases in other games.. allow certain people to post information about it.. like a approved tutorial video or approved walk through video or something.

I sent a note about that to the Stoked guys so maybe they will be able to bring it up to them (seeing as they got to interview them on the show!) :-)

we shall see!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I saw their previous attempt the Mission editor for City of heroes.

im going to be honest and stopped reading at that point. cryptic had sold coh before the mission creator was created. They had nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    that is my point i have mixed feelings too. I saw their previous attempt the Mission editor for City of heroes. It is not what i had hoped. Its basically fill in the blanks quasi-random mission creator. You can change the appearance of some things and all but you cant edit where they are placed . its limited and not what i was expecting for a mission editor and defiantly not something that would work for Star Trek Online.

I agree 100% with you. The Mission Architect system which Paragon Studios created for CoX would not work well for STO. Which is why we've created The Foundry (Beta) for Star Trek Online.

These are two totally different tool sets which have been created by two totally different teams, at two totally different companies.

While there are no more screen shots available at this time, I want to assure you that this will be a full fledged suite of mission authoring tools. You'll be able to create your own maps, or edit ours. You can choose where to place objects, and encounters. You can write your own dialogue; madlibs are not required or included.

We've got whole ton of information to drop for you all as soon as The Foundry goes to Tribble; and while I understand the wait is frustrating, I think you'll enjoy our initial offering once it makes its way to you on our test server.

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    hey thanks for the update i appreciate that :-) my first Dev reply! i feel a bit better now :-).

ah now i see.. the whole toolset for City of Heroes was NOT made by Cryptic as by the time it came out Cryptic had already sold the game. :-) we'll that is good to know.

I actually re-actived my account in COH to get a better look at the mission tools heh. But yeah i think it will help me appreciate the foundry better then!

Its good to hear you will have more creative control. And even if the first release does not have a ton of options being able to HAND place npcs and objects alone would be cause enough to be happy! plus the dialog editor looks like it is pretty easy to use too :-).

Its just somewhat confusing as City of Heroes was originally created by cryptic so many might confuse that toolset for being made by Cryptic :-p.

We'll i feel a bit better then as my fears were that in the end it would end up being just a qausi random fill in the blanks type of thing and it would have made me a sad panda :-)

Looking foward to it then! :-D

just wish wed had more purdy pictures! oh wel maybe they are just saving it all for open beta :-p
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    StormShade, you mentioned that we would be able to edit your missions ("You'll be able to create your own maps, or edit ours.") Does that mean that some of the missions already existing in the game are available for us to open and tinker with to use as examples of how to use The Foundtry (Beta) for Star Trek Online? If so, that'd be freaking awesome.

P.S. I've noticed you guys always referring to it as "The Foundtry (Beta) for Star Trek Online". This reminds me a lot of "The image was enhanced using Adobe® Photoshop® software.";) How long 'til we have to start referring to it as such too? :p
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    FizixMan wrote: »
    StormShade, you mentioned that we would be able to edit your missions ("You'll be able to create your own maps, or edit ours.").

He said Maps, not missions.
    FizixMan wrote: »
    P.S. I've noticed you guys always referring to it as "The Foundtry (Beta) for Star Trek Online". This reminds me a lot of "The image was enhanced using Adobe® Photoshop® software.";) How long 'til we have to start referring to it as such too? :p

That page reminds me of the page on the LEGO site telling it its "LEGO" not "legos"
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ahh woops. Reading comprehension FTW. Thanks Tuskin.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    I agree 100% with you. The Mission Architect system which Paragon Studios created for CoX would not work well for STO. Which is why we've created The Foundry (Beta) for Star Trek Online.

These are two totally different tool sets which have been created by two totally different teams, at two totally different companies.

While there are no more screen shots available at this time, I want to assure you that this will be a full fledged suite of mission authoring tools. You'll be able to create your own maps, or edit ours. You can choose where to place objects, and encounters. You can write your own dialogue; madlibs are not required or included.

We've got whole ton of information to drop for you all as soon as The Foundry goes to Tribble; and while I understand the wait is frustrating, I think you'll enjoy our initial offering once it makes its way to you on our test server.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Well you guys have had it in closed beta on another server with community folks testing it for over a month now... why not just open THAT server up to people while you get tribble fixed up...since that server is obviously working...
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Powerhelm wrote: »
    Well you guys have had it in closed beta on another server with community folks testing it for over a month now... why not just open THAT server up to people while you get tribble fixed up...since that server is obviously working...

That server has ALOT more unreleased material than just Foundry I can assure you.