test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server/ Launcher Outage -- All Cryptic games affected (Engineers working to resolve)

Comments

• voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thread's getting new pages faster than I can skim and scroll to the bottom of the page.
    If only the poor little hamster ran as fast as this.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • kreger151kreger151 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theodrim wrote: »
    Launch week. Oh dear lord, launch week. You couldn't get to the top of the login queue before the servers were down again.
    zordar01 wrote: »
    The Comet Empire can't play STO. ***** just got real.

Damned Star Force...
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    damn dude...

to late he's dead Jim
  • theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey I didn't get to exactly see it live but the elementary school brought us kids into the cafeteria and showed us the tv coverage about them blowing up and dying. Ofcourse us kids were like um wtf did we just see, we thought it was cool seeing a ship explode, hell we didn't know people just died lmao

I got to skip school that day to watch it at home live on CNN, since my school didn't have the infrastructure to show it live in assembly.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jshign wrote: »
    In the plans for the 1701-D, there is a little hamster in a wheel in Engineering....

I just think they forgot to fill the coffee makers.

That was Michael Okuda's doing. There was also a duck, and other things
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • chardzzchardzz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chilly1973 wrote: »
    Gerbils and Hamsters run in their wheels powering the server :P

i thought they upgraded the gerbil and hamster to children nowadays, more power and cheaper
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only see five lights
    GwaoHAD.png
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course, they will never tell us WHY it went down, just that a crack team is "investigating"
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I only see five lights

Gotta say it.

There are... FOUR... lights!
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    afreeby wrote: »
    Of course, they will never tell us WHY it went down, just that a crack team is "investigating"

Or a team is investigating crack
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • omegaher0omegaher0 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lovely. I just played this today, so it must have happened within the last few hours. Hmmm...
    "Suffer the little ones, lest they rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    o0kami87 wrote: »
    I find it strange that the update server is down yet the server indicator on the home page says it's up, guess it wasn't a integrated ping system like I thought...
    on another note wolfpacknz, your avi = awesomeness.

Why thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where is the OFFICIAL banner notice on the STO main page announcing technical difficulties? The least Cryptic could do is to follow standard IT protocols by acknowledging the situation in the first place. Thats a pretty standard procedure guys.

It breeds ill will when you leaves your player base wondering if you?re doing anything at all or even aware of it..
  • luxandraluxandra Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    The thread's getting new pages faster than I can skim and scroll to the bottom of the page.
    If only the poor little hamster ran as fast as this.

*Does the Hamster Dance.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3G5IXn0K7A
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited May 2013
    I bet Troi finally got around to that Advanced Warp Mechanics training session and volunteered to "help out" in Engineering...
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • hedonastickhedonastick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything Is Going To Be Alright Guys
  • austg76austg76 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STO....please come back.....STO....please come back....<Huddled in the corner> Do missions.....Duty assignments due......STO..........Let me login PLEASE
    What a World...Server Crash...Respawn....borg Invades ...Respawn...
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, this explains why I just saw the image of a Scottish engineer storm past bellowing something about 'The right tool for the right job!'...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    salem1574 wrote: »
    Where is the ?OFFICIAL ? banner notice on the STO main page announcing technical difficulties? The least Cryptic could do is to follow standard IT protocols by acknowledging the situation in the first place. That?s a pretty standard procedure guys.

It breeds ill will when you leaves your player base wondering if you?re doing anything at all or even aware of it..

They think twitter/FB covers all fails
  • parisalexandria1parisalexandria1 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a race to see if we can get to 100 pages before the hamster/gerbil/rodent wheels start turning in the sto habitrail
    smart money is on the forum.....
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sooo Cold.:(
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited May 2013
    Have we set a new record for thread posting speed?
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Baconnnnnnnn
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theodrim wrote: »
    I got to skip school that day to watch it at home live on CNN, since my school didn't have the infrastructure to show it live in assembly.

Thinking about it almost 30 years later its funny that just about every kid laughed when we saw it explode and now I realize we laughed at 7 peopled dying which isn't quite as funny but that NASA joke sure made me chuckle lol
  • conras1conras1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :confused: Why can't anyone log on?! I will die without STO!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:
  • theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    salem1574 wrote: »
    Where is the ?OFFICIAL ? banner notice on the STO main page announcing technical difficulties? The least Cryptic could do is to follow standard IT protocols by acknowledging the situation in the first place. That?s a pretty standard procedure guys.

The technical difficulty banner crashed too.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Have we set a new record for thread posting speed?

Probably not, but here's one more.
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    48000 fleet marks demanded by the Starbase Gods, fleet mark bonus event, happy grinding, server dies :(
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cryptic, the place to work if you enjoy having a several thousand people mad at you at once...
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • vfr750fvfr750f Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny that the error server is still up. Wonder what it's registering.
  • gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive been doing refresh for the last 5 minutes posting is slowing down must go faster lol
This discussion has been closed.