Options

Oh boy... Elite Fleet Pets

Comments

• Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    EWP sans damage component.

Fair enough...

So it won't kill people instant like just drive them completely insane.

I have to say the thought of playing rommy is sounding less and less like its going to happen on my end. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Player vs pets. Yep.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • Options
    kinetic78kinetic78 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pets in pvp is just wrong,,

I guess the pve players need all the back up they cam get as pve is just so hard :p
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You guys are so used to complain about anything, especially pets, that you don't even know how they work. :rolleyes:

An ability can be used by one pet in the wing, and the wing is on CD as soon as one pets uses the ability. The abilities are similar to players ones. So it's at most 2 EWP every 45s, and the AI isn't as smart as you are, hopefully, so you might SEE that there is a dangerous zone.

I like these pets. Great control stuff. Sci powers are so lame that any sci deserves pets.

And since Gecko's current long-term plans are to turn pvp into a MOBA game (pvevp), you should get used to it anyway. :P
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yay, we need more NPCs in combat, there is still not enough of them. I vote to give everyone their own wing of danooobes and yellowpee runabouts, no matter the ship.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    Yay, we need more NPCs in combat, there is still not enough of them. I vote to give everyone their own wing of danooobes and yellowpee runabouts, no matter the ship.

The roms are coming and we haven't seen there specs yet.... one wing each... I could see that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hate carriers and pets... pvp against a team spamming pets is very terrible... there is no fun when all you see is pets everywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    At this point I hope the spam becomes soooo bad it just shuts PvP down - oh wait that might be cryptic's secret plan!! shhh
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Honestly, I am kinda baffled how they gave the Yellowstone that Eject Tetryon Warp Plasma. I mean sure it fits the scheme that they are involved in, where they are trying to immobilize things.. But really.. a power that not only has similar stats to Eject Warp Plasma, but instead of Damage, they disable engines? So.. your GOING to get stuck in it..and Omega can't help you when your engines go off line?

I don't seem to be the only one who thinks that it's a bad Idea.. Not to mention coming from 4 of them... for a Vesta/Armitage.. or 8 from a Dread, Atrox, or Tholian..

But why not change them and swap out the ETWP for Target Subsystem: Engines 3 instead? It'll still be attempting the same thing, but with less graphics issues on their engine.. Uhg.. Mine as well also add on the stipulation that you have to own the Yellow Stone Shuttle... Why not right?

And those poor Type 10 Shuttles. I mean I seriously feel bad for them. Could have given them FAW or something..

Rapid Fire 3 BO 2 for the Elite JHAS..... Greeat... Thankfully the AI is still pretty STUPID..:rolleyes:

Elite Stalkers... Battle Cloak.... Really? Meh.. at least they didn't get much to buff them compared to the Yellowstones..

And APB 3 FAW 3 for the Mesh weavers? Kinda Cute.

All that and I now am REALLY Curious on what the KDF Side gets..

I'd suspect:

Fek'lhiri Frigate: Aceton Beam 3, Rapid fire 3, HY 2
    S'kul fighters: Raming speed 3, Rapid fire 2 or 3 maybe
    To'duj Fighters: Same as the Peregrine Fighters but with Disruptors.
    Bird of Prey: HY 3, Rapid Fire 3
    Orion Slavers: Their Theft ability might work on players too, but still only "steal" the same stuff as the lower tier..
    Marauding Force: Might just make their Boarding Party Effect work like Boarding PArty 3
    Tachyon Drones: Probobly Tachyon Beam 3.. Maybe even Vent Plasma..
    Orion Intercepters: Maybe Spread 3.. Or something to make their Engine Targeting more annoying.. Chroniton Dispersal Pattern Beta 2 or something..

Either way I'm sure fleets with the Pets will get rich off us Carrier Pilots..
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    type-10 shuttlers should get FAW and perhaps APD that they would cast on allies.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...its official... the monkeys chained to the design boards at cryptic finally escaped and have been replaced with a dartboard based selection system

..seriously, its the only explanation for this insanity
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    You guys are so used to complain about anything, especially pets, that you don't even know how they work. :rolleyes:

An ability can be used by one pet in the wing, and the wing is on CD as soon as one pets uses the ability. The abilities are similar to players ones. So it's at most 2 EWP every 45s, and the AI isn't as smart as you are, hopefully, so you might SEE that there is a dangerous zone.

I like these pets. Great control stuff. Sci powers are so lame that any sci deserves pets.

And since Gecko's current long-term plans are to turn pvp into a MOBA game (pvevp), you should get used to it anyway. :P

Have you seen these in person? Are these actually how they work?

Even so... that's OP.

2 EWP every 45 seconds is ridiculous. That's giving players 2 free LtC Eng abilities on top of the free LtC Sci ability in the form of Tractor Beam 3.

And as far as the whole wing being on CD... just pop out a new wing, and the CD is reset. Yayyy.

It's just going to clutter up the battlefield more, cause ridiculous amounts of frustration, replace player skill to the point where they're going to be more of a crutch, and cause horrendous lag. Remember how STO can't even render a lot of torps/GW/EWP as it already is?
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    praxi5 wrote: »

Even so... that's OP.

2 EWP every 45 seconds is ridiculous. That's giving players 2 free LtC Eng abilities on top of the free LtC Sci ability in the form of Tractor Beam 3.

And as far as the whole wing being on CD... just pop out a new wing, and the CD is reset. Yayyy.

It's just going to clutter up the battlefield more, cause ridiculous amounts of frustration, replace player skill to the point where they're going to be more of a crutch, and cause horrendous lag. Remember how STO can't even render a lot of torps/GW/EWP as it already is?

Well launching a new wing doesn't reset the runabouts abilities like the other pets.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If everyone is randomly held in place...wider firing arcs are better...aha! It is actully intended as a buff to cruisers! :rolleyes:
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    westx211 wrote: »
    Well launching a new wing doesn't reset the runabouts abilities like the other pets.

Proof? Everything I've seen says the opposite of what you've just said.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have mixed feelings about this. I can see those Yellowstones being extremely annoying (much like the Danubes were when they first came out); but I have been thinking that there needs to be more ways of getting around Omega (which this could, if what I'm reading is correct), so part of me kinda likes this. Mind you, it's a very small part.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    capnmanx wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings about this. I can see those Yellowstones being extremely annoying (much like the Danubes were when they first came out); but I have been thinking that there needs to be more ways of getting around Omega (which this could, if what I'm reading is correct), so part of me kinda likes this. Mind you, it's a very small part.

What about the people who don't have Omega?
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Even so... that's OP.

Respawning a wing doesn't reset the wing's abilities.

And yes I hope you turn your brain on when you see EWP on a map. It's like mines, you can avoid that and nullify the skill.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    BC + MES on one pet ? Why even lol Do these guys even pay any attention or just randomly throw TRIBBLE on these things
    I think that is very accurate, that's how they've designed every NPC up to this point.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What about the people who don't have Omega?

What about them? People who don't have Omega can get stuck in so much junk these days that I question to what extent they would even notice the difference. :P

In all seriousness though, that would be an issue with any possible counter; unless it was something like subnucleonic beam, which just makes it go away without doing anything else.
  • Options
    mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    when you see EWP
    See EWP. Good one.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

And yes I hope you turn your brain on when you see EWP on a map. It's like mines, you can avoid that and nullify the skill.

Yeah, except you can't see EWP half the time.

Heck, I USE EWP and I can't even see it most times I pop it. I just Evasive around and hope that it's catching people.

1 EWP alone can (and does) cause some lag. Can you imagine what a bunch of it is going to do?

And how are you expecting to NOT to be completely screwed for movement half the time? A single player using these can utterly dominate with movement control.
  • Options
    paradise1killerparadise1killer Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    CSV Check
    BFAW Check

Time to bring the aoes
    Nova Core
    ParadiseKiller

House of Beautiful Orions
    Zeadonouse
    ToLate
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I noticed Elite Scorpion Fighters on the OP's picture... Are those the same we get from Romulan T5 Reputation? They seem so, anyway.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I noticed Elite Scorpion Fighters on the OP's picture... Are those the same we get from Romulan T5 Reputation? They seem so, anyway.

They are indeed the Elite Scorpions from the Romulan T5 reputation, undoubtedly included for comparison with the new "new' Elite ships. I don't believe they're purchasable through the Fleet vendor, though.
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • Options
    mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Your opinions are miles off the mark on this

I run carriers all day long all 4 of my abops fire their HY torps at once

Then when respawned the new set then fire their HY Torps at once

My runabouts each take it in turn to hold a holdable enemy down constantly that's non stop no delay then a fresh set will do the same with no GCD

My advanced deltas also do the same with their tachyon beams

If you played enough PVP you would also realise that the EWP graphics are gimped and especially when close to the ship using it...your in it before the cloud even appears!
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, I guess the new Carrier Tactic for Fed side will be:

3x Flight Deck Doffs

2x Yellowstone

Spam EWTP. :rolleyes:
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    webdeath wrote: »
    So, I guess the new Carrier Tactic for Fed side will be:

3x Flight Deck Doffs

2x Yellowstone

Spam EWTP. :rolleyes:

Don't moan about feds, we haven't seen the KDF pets yet :rolleyes: