test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Name Your Romulan!

kiyokaitankiyokaitan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
What will be your first Romulan character's name, gender, profession, even your first ship name?

My first toon will be a Romulan tactical male, Javok, on his ship, the Sardis. :cool:

-How about you??
Captain Kaitain
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I already have a name picked out, but I am waiting until the LoR release to avoid any... unpleasantness. ;)

My biggest problem is giving my ship a name since there are quite a number of canonical and semi-canonical Romulan ship names to be found in the Memory Alpha and Memory Beta wikis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I already have a name picked out, but I am waiting until the LoR release to avoid any... unpleasantness. ;)

My biggest problem is giving my ship a name since there are quite a number of canonical and semi-canonical Romulan ship names to be found in the Memory Alpha and Memory Beta wikis.

this +1

not sharing any cool names in public here hahah.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,479 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    [Personnel File not found]
    [REDACTED]
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not sure yet, although apparently my Vulcan character has a Romulan name....thought that was interesting (T'Lis vs T'Liss light warbird) Interesting considering I have been Roleplaying as a Romulan plant.
  • jimmyjames81196jimmyjames81196 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    S'Talon and my ships name being D'Arrak
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Probably something refugee or farmer oriented.

Like old macdonald or uncle tom.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Green Blooded PetaQ', captain of the Conniving Backstabber!
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    http://www.behindthename.com/random/

You may pick "classical roman" to stick to canon. Adding "ancient germanic" is also a valid option, names are more interesting. :P
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm calling So'hot....oh yes he did :P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not sure about the toon's name, frankly I could care less for romulans. :P I'm pretty sure though I'll be flying both the (RRS?) Chairo and Chilvas. :cool:
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I'm calling So'hot....oh yes he did :P

Wow, then my Romulan Too'hot, must be a relative ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think I'll name mine Fippy Gaspasser. That will be just about as authentic Star Trek Romulan Empire as the Romulan fraction being added to STO is.
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Khaiell i-Mhiessan tr'Lhaihtrha, Commander of the Tribune.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm going with Ro'M Ulan. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a list of Romulan words I'm considering for ship names; but I'm not sharing. :P

Not sure what I'm going to call my character. I'd hoped to be able to roughly translate 'Springer' into Romulan or Vulcan; but I can't find any words that would work. 'Spring', 'jump', 'pounce', 'leap'... they just don't seem to have come up in conversation with Vulcans or Romulans for some reason. Shocking, I know. :D
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    B'Ran, male Science officer, of the R.R.W. F'lakes.

He'll be forming an alliance with the KDF.

Cheers,

Brandon }}}:-]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmm... I'll probably go with a Sci named G'In Joe. Hehe...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • keepcalmkeepcalm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'll just be porting my Alien over, now that her race actually exists. So, Arrhae ir'Menae of the R.R.W Nei'rrh.
    "The halfling way of battle is simple: You jump on their face and keep stabbing until the screaming stops."
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is a tough one. My other toons are named CrustyMac, CrustyChick, CrustyDoc, Krusti of B'org.

I'm thinking.....
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    B'Ran, male Science officer, of the R.R.W. F'lakes.

He'll be forming an alliance with the KDF.

Cheers,

Brandon }}}:-]

Great Choice :D
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,439 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    This is a tough one. My other toons are named CrustyMac, CrustyChick, CrustyDoc, Krusti of B'org.

I'm thinking.....
    Kruhsty t'Oon? :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • felixhexfelixhex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm creating Nero, or at least a relative. Something to tie my RP psyche to the story cryptic is trying to tell. I don't know the name or ship yet. But I see my Romulan being a mad scientist.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    T'savra Valdran, Romulan, (Tac?) R.R.W. Vorta Vor (KDF)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just out of spite for all the people lusting after the Romulan cover girl, I may create a male Romulan named S'tud..... :eek::P:D
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am going to be naming mine a certain way, but I am keeping a lid on it for now. Although, one good thing about this game is that you can have multiples of the same name in the game.

Suffice it to say that he'll be a tactical Romulan who'll be allying with the Federation (since he's sort of a Reunificationist).
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If anyone is finding names hard for Rom ships you can find some good ones playing an old Star Trek Game "Star Trek Armada 1 & 2"
    its were ive got mine from

VA Chivers - U.S.S Horatio Caine NCC-92966-A (Fleet Prometheus Class MVAM)
    4058756.jpg
  • auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    felixhex wrote: »
    I'm creating Nero, or at least a relative. Something to tie my RP psyche to the story cryptic is trying to tell. I don't know the name or ship yet. But I see my Romulan being a mad scientist.

Captain Oren commanding the Adaran, maybe? :)
    qjunior wrote: »
    Just out of spite for all the people lusting after the Romulan cover girl, I may create a male Romulan named S'tud.....

ROFL, good one!
    chivs116 wrote: »
    If anyone is finding names hard for Rom ships you can find some good ones playing an old Star Trek Game "Star Trek Armada 1 & 2"
    its were ive got mine from

Thanks for the tip! :) As a side note, I have already reserved Chairo and Chilvas from Bridge Commander lol.

Anyway, I've been thinking on the subject a little bit. Since I named most of my klingon ships after disgusting foods :D, I'll probably name my romulan boffs after things I hate with a passion, like my 10th grade Physics teacher or raisins. :)
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    F'rog
    R.R.W ibbit
  • fluffydoormanfluffydoorman Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Romulan Male tactical officer - K'orash Al'truvian

Ship Name - Poena

You didn't mention a backstory, but what the heck :

He was a Romulan soldier with a bright future ahead of him when he was caught in a spatial anomoly during a routine shuttle trip. His shuttle crash landed on a backwater planet, the injuries he suffered causing amnesia. Locals found him and helped heal him, giving him a chance to restart his life. He joined them in their local profession raising domesticated Tribbles. And that's where he's at when we finally get Romulans and game begins.