What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 4, 2013

Comments

• Options
    admiralblackbaradmiralblackbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    • It is no longer possible to choose anything other than Uniform during character creation.
    • The other options were non-functional and caused creating a new character to fail.

Check here:http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8988361&postcount=1
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there any reason why one can't change traits when creating a character on tribble? I wanted to check that out, but unfortunately I can find how to change them.

IIRC each race gets set of starting traits and then gains more as they level starting at level 10,
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Oh that brought back old memories :)

The patch notes seem fine, but I got a big question.

My copied characters have full Romulan and Omega reputation, but on Tribble their reputations are reset to 0.

Is this a bug, or intended?

Also, for a better testing, optional reputation missions which unlock the tiers would be good for testing.

Add these missions on Tribble only in addition to the holodeck ones:
    -Submit 10 energy credits, get 5000 reputation. A mission without cooldown that finishes in 5 seconds.

This would let us test the reputation unlocks without the huge grind they need, and provide feedback in time.
    I'm not sure if it's intentional, but what you ask is already there. Go to the Omega store on Deep Space Nine. Talk to the officer out front. You will find your answers there.
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Bah, what was the original... I can't remember it at all. :o
    Spaceballs my brother. Replace PetaQ, with A**hole.
    bluedarky wrote: »
    IIRC each race gets set of starting traits and then gains more as they level starting at level 10,

So that's how it works, that's pretty awesome.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »

You misunderstood my post - I knew it was Spaceballs, but I didn't know what the original name was. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    More trait slots are unlocked at each rank. So you start with your racial trait, and get eight more slots as you gain ranks. Each career track, tactical science or engineering, gets four unique traits only available to that career, and then the other four can be chosen from the default pool.

It is all about choice and your preference and customization. You can choose all four career traits or not.
  • Options
    jshignjshign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mostly I just want to try out the new Romulan and Klingon content. I wish they'd release those soon :)
    Klingons: Today, is a good day to die.
    Federation: Today, no one needs to die.
    Romulans: Today is a good day for somebody else to die.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure if it's intentional, but what you ask is already there. Go to the Omega store on Deep Space Nine. Talk to the officer out front. You will find your answers there.

So that's how it works, that's pretty awesome.

There seem to be consoles there with powers...but I don't want consoles. I got consoles that go in those slots.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    There seem to be consoles there with powers...but I don't want consoles. I got consoles that go in those slots.

Not really the purpose of this round of testing. The passives and reputation system was tested before the season 7 launch. If you are wanting to test others, the only real viable solution is to use the testing items that have been provided for that express purpose.

On the topic of traits, ussultimatum posted this which puts it pretty concisely.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [*]The transporter operator in the shipyard has been executed for incompetence.
    Qapla !

[*]Added Transwarp to Tau Dewa Sector Block as reward from completing New Romulus Reputation Tier 1.
    This is awesome !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey Zero, if you can, run this little bug by the systems team (or whoever can deal with this very minor bug) :)

On Deferi's Invasion Zone, if you're holding a Fractal Remodulator in one of your device slots, all the quest givers have that 'I need a Frequency Remodulator' option... despite the fact that the Fractal one IS a remodulator :D

Kinda silly
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    luke3424 wrote: »
    when i disable the workaround, i still cant interact with the hud. guess im stuck with the work around for a bit longer:(

Hi there! Can you get us some more information, please?

How to do this:
    • Remove the setting from your advanced command line in the launcher.
    • Re-launch the game and patch to Tribble.
    • When your client locks up, run CrypticError.exe
      • It will be located in your Cryptic Studios directory where the game is installed.
    • Select GameClient.exe from the Processes list.
    • A window will pop up, copy the Error Ticket ID from it.
    • Reply here with that ID number.

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm just saying its easier to just let us unlock the reputation instantly then getting us test power consoles for the Nukara tholian reputation.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    luke3424luke3424 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im using a wineskin wrapper which i believe imitates a windows XP, about the problem, when i have the workaround active, the "sto" mouse shows up instead of a regular one, but when its not, all i have is the regular mouse, and i cant select anything just like before.
    and since im using a wineskin, i dont have a crypticerror.exe:( the only thing i have in the folder is the actual application and a StarTrekST folder
  • Options
    radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im using a wineskin wrapper which i believe imitates a windows XP, about the problem, when i have the workaround active, the "sto" mouse shows up instead of a regular one, but when its not, all i have is the regular mouse, and i cant select anything just like before.
    and since im using a wineskin, i dont have a crypticerror.exe:( the only thing i have in the folder is the actual application and a StarTrekST folder

Wouldn't it be easier to install a partition with Windows XP than to deal with wine skin? If you're on a Mac there's even a software by code weavers that is much more refined than wine skin. It even comes with a version for pc game installations.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Using Target Subsystem abilities still puts all of my weapons on a 30 second cooldown when using a Vesta. I haven't tested it on any other ships.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »

Thank you both, I wonder if our established character who are at level 50 will be able to select them all since they are at max level.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am 99% sure I read something somewhere about existing characters getting a trait respec after LoR launches, so probably yes.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yah it was in the April 2nd tribble notes.
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.

Traits:
    • The traits system has received a massive revamp!
      • Players will no longer pick trait points at character creation.
      • Current characters will be granted a free respec token for their traits.
      • At level 10, the new trait system will unlock.

So in other words, all your characters you have currently or are created before the May 21st LoR update will receive a retrait token.
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

The change we made to input is basically unsupported (by all companies/games) for Wine.
    However, I've submitted this information to our programmers so that we can try to resolve this without a workaround.

Check upcoming patch notes for updates. :)
  • Options
    luke3424luke3424 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ok thx, im using the unnofficial mac version wrapper if that helps u more.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm just saying its easier to just let us unlock the reputation instantly then getting us test power consoles for the Nukara tholian reputation.

Ahhhhhh. In that case I agree. It would be different if you could grind it on Tribble and then immediately transfer that to Holodeck. But grinding it twice is kind of a hassle. Though all credit to those who have built characters on Tribble from scratch.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [*]Drozana has been updated.

Why drozana and not ESD? :(
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Drozana looks like someone finally cleaned in there.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »

I have to agree with this. ESD is long overdue for some major improvements. The Captain's Table needs to be revamped into a useful state and Starbase 39 most definitely needs something done with it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jcsww wrote: »
    I have to agree with this. ESD is long overdue for some major improvements. The Captain's Table needs to be revamped into a useful state and Starbase 39 most definitely needs something done with it.

I would be happy with Spacedock if I could just load into it in a timely manner, consistently.

I'd like to have a setting where the game automatically loads me into the lowest populated instance available for ground maps, as the loading time for spacedock and New Romulus is unbearable and it's always the instance with the most people.

I've spent fifteen minutes loading before and that's not the longest time.

All 39-Sierra needs is a tailor.

And all interiors need to be scaled down to reality.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oh god ESD some times i have to close the game and relaunch just to load that place

as soon as my fleet gets a Boff retrainer i will never have to set foot in there again
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »

Funny thing is.... ESD already got a face lift, it used to be a mushroom strut monstrosity! Who eve thought that'd be a good idea?
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Funny thing is.... ESD already got a face lift, it used to be a mushroom strut monstrosity! Who eve thought that'd be a good idea?

its more than a year since last ESD and the new one is not much better looking than the old one.
    And all interiors need to be scaled down to reality.

Hope you noticed the trend after f2p all maps ,weapons and interiors are well scaled .Im sure when they will have time to make a new ESD we will want to live on it :D

Also they could use the lower decks as captain quarters .your own personal room (similar to champions online ) to add trophies and stuffs you get through missions ,events ,c store ,zen store ,rep system (dili sink for apartments :rolleyes: )....without a toilet of course because that will sure ruin the atmosphere :D
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2013

that, and the ranks. Replace "commander" with Major and "Warrior first class" with "Gunner first class"
  • Options
    pfreemanpfreeman Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wouldn't it be easier to install a partition with Windows XP than to deal with wine skin? If you're on a Mac there's even a software by code weavers that is much more refined than wine skin. It even comes with a version for pc game installations.

Not all of us can. For instance, I'm allowed to play STO on my work computer on the weekends, but I can't repartition the drive, as it's the office computer. So I'm stuck with wineskin, and before you say, yes, my work computer is so much better then my current home system that playing at home is pointless.

By the way I'm in the same boat as luke3424, I can get to the 'adjust screen brightness' screen but then can't actually do anything to get past that screen.

peter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]