test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 4, 2013

Comments

• mightionnymightionny Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.

[*]The EPS Manifold Efficiency trait has been updated.
    • It no longer triggers multiple times on dual batteries and on the Red Matter Capacitor.
    • It now provides 20 power to each system not provided by the triggering battery, up from 10.

Well, I can say that this was "fixed", in typical fashion. :D Now when I trigger my Red Matter Capacitor I get zero bonus except for the +5 from the battery exocomp DOFF.

Short version: Now the RMC gets ZERO bonus from EPS Manifold Efficiency.

EDIT: The four regular batteries seem to be working properly with it.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there going to be an official tailor feedback thread? The official trait feedback thread was created after there were already two long player-created threads. Perhaps, the official tailor thread should be created earlier.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Is there going to be an official tailor feedback thread? The official trait feedback thread was created after there were already two long player-created threads. Perhaps, the official tailor thread should be created earlier.

I don't see why. My understanding is it is only a cosmetic change on the Tailor. No actual game mechanics were changed so why should there be a topic about it.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One thing I noticed is looking at the KDF there were 6 missions that feds get from DS9 that had about 20 mins of dialogue changing done to them. I'll admit the combat is more fluid and looks better than it did before but I don't see how 6 missions is going to make up for 20 levels unless all of the KDF stuff hasn't been added in yet?
    edited April 2013
    One thing I noticed is looking at the KDF there were 6 missions that feds get from DS9 that had about 20 mins of dialogue changing done to them. I'll admit the combat is more fluid and looks better than it did before but I don't see how 6 missions is going to make up for 20 levels unless all of the KDF stuff hasn't been added in yet?

My understanding is that all the KDF stuff hasn't been added yet. We SHOULD (should being the key word here) get some KDF exclusive missions whenever they unlock them, but no new KDF missions (agnostic or otherwise) have been officially released.
    edited April 2013
    My understanding is that all the KDF stuff hasn't been added yet. We SHOULD (should being the key word here) get some KDF exclusive missions whenever they unlock them, but no new KDF missions (agnostic or otherwise) have been officially released.

That might be the case but when I played my KDF toons on tribble it was showing 6 missions from the Gorn guy in the first dominion FE thats in the great hall Stasss or something he gives you the mission Kurland gives feds.

I am guessing it must be a lot more missions that just hasn't been added yet or it wouldn't align with what they have been telling us.
    edited April 2013
    That might be the case but when I played my KDF toons on tribble it was showing 6 missions from the Gorn guy in the first dominion FE thats in the great hall Stasss or something he gives you the mission Kurland gives feds.

I am guessing it must be a lot more missions that just hasn't been added yet or it wouldn't align with what they have been telling us.

Yeah, I know what you are saying. What I am saying is, technically we aren't even suppose to know about those missions. So what we ultimately get is still up in the air.

By my understanding, From Dan Stahl's posts, is all 3 factions (FED, KDF, and ROM) will have unique missions and storylines up to roughly level 40. At which point, starting with the Romulan FEs, they will all diverge into the same stories/missions.

So my guess is we have a lot more unique missions coming, cause the current unique KDF missions don't even cover 10 levels really, let alone 40.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    "Who made that man a Transporter Operator?"

"I did sir. He's my cousin."

"Who is he?"

"He's a PetaQ, sir."

"I know that. What's his name?"

"That is his name, sir. PetaQ. Commander PetaQ."

"And his cousin?"

"He's a PetaQ too sir. Warrior First Class Phillip PetaQ."

"How many PetaQs do we get on this shipyard anyhow?"

<All of the Klingons in the Shipyard stand up>

"YO!"

"I knew it. I'm surrounded by PetaQs!"

Best ever.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm still having issues with the chat window popping open whenever it feels like it. It pops open when I go to warp, when a contact comes up, just about whenever anything says anything that would pop up in chat.

Try this one.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9049161&postcount=1
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I know what you are saying. What I am saying is, technically we aren't even suppose to know about those missions. So what we ultimately get is still up in the air.

By my understanding, From Dan Stahl's posts, is all 3 factions (FED, KDF, and ROM) will have unique missions and storylines up to roughly level 40. At which point, starting with the Romulan FEs, they will all diverge into the same stories/missions.

So my guess is we have a lot more unique missions coming, cause the current unique KDF missions don't even cover 10 levels really, let alone 40.

Yeah that is what I was thinking too except for the part what we don't know yet. Although I was very surprised that they would model something that all factions would basically be on par with each other like that.

If the stuff we haven't seen yet if that fleshes out majority of the canon items like klingons and all their melee weapons/ritual weapons and the romulans would be iffy if their melee weapon would be in the game since it was only talked about in the series but was not actually shown until Nero's romulans pulled them out in that reboot movie.

Although I did test out Rapier mission as it was suggested. It was like playing a completely different game than it is on holodeck. I saw why someones mind could be blown LOL :D
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't see why. My understanding is it is only a cosmetic change on the Tailor. No actual game mechanics were changed so why should there be a topic about it.

Certain cosmetic changes affect usability. For example, on smaller resolutions, the face and hair previews are too large and obscure view of the character. It also seems that certain features were removed. Basic body options were broken for a long time; now, it seems they've removed the feature entirely.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    edited April 2013
    Certain cosmetic changes affect usability. For example, on smaller resolutions, the face and hair previews are too large and obscure view of the character. It also seems that certain features were removed. Basic body options were broken for a long time; now, it seems they've removed the feature entirely.

I think most of the gripe first would be over the KHG costumes that are broken but you have to turn in omega marks + dilithium to get. Then if you have a romulan male boff its irrate but at the same time comical that the only thing you can see on them is their pants, eye balls, and ears (something tells me someone did that on purpose).
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013

"Who is he?"

"He's a PetaQ, sir."

"And his cousin?"

"YO!"

Oh that brought back old memories :)

The patch notes seem fine, but I got a big question.

My copied characters have full Romulan and Omega reputation, but on Tribble their reputations are reset to 0.

Is this a bug, or intended?

Also, for a better testing, optional reputation missions which unlock the tiers would be good for testing.

Add these missions on Tribble only in addition to the holodeck ones:
    -Submit 10 energy credits, get 5000 reputation. A mission without cooldown that finishes in 5 seconds.

This would let us test the reputation unlocks without the huge grind they need, and provide feedback in time.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • sechserpackungsechserpackung Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.

General:
    • The transporter operator in the shipyard has been executed for incompetence.

Qapla!
    A truly grandious victory of the Klingon empire has been achieved on this day! Songs shall be sung about it in the great halls and children will have a new "execute the transporter operator" game to play when they grow up on the tales of their parents.

With this most honourless enemy finally culled the greatest threat yet to our glorious empire has been defeated. This battle was hard and long fought against seemingly insurmountable odds. Yet Klingon stuborness has prevailed again to bring us this glorious victory. Truly nothing can withstand the might of the Klingon Empire!

:D
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "The transporter operator in the shipyard has been executed for incompetence."

OMG my joke made it into the patchnotes :D WINN!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »

My copied characters have full Romulan and Omega reputation, but on Tribble their reputations are reset to 0.

Also, for a better testing, optional reputation missions which unlock the tiers would be good for testing.

-Submit 10 energy credits, get 5000 reputation. A mission without cooldown that finishes in 5 seconds.

This would let us test the reputation unlocks without the huge grind they need, and provide feedback in time.

My reps were reset to zero, however all the tier traits that I had locked in are still active and locked in. So although I can't buy anything in the rep store or set items I did not lose any of the powers or perks from that I had unlocked from Rep.

Kind of odd really.
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013

[*]Players using Windows XP should no longer experience any problems interacting with the UI.
    • If a player has applied the previous workaround, it's safe to remove it.

Windows XP support ftw! :)

[*]Klingon characters can once again warp out of Qo'noS.
    • The transporter operator in the shipyard has been executed for incompetence.

batlh Daqawlu'taH PetaQ :P
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • luke3424luke3424 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    when i disable the workaround, i still cant interact with the hud. guess im stuck with the work around for a bit longer:(
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited April 2013

"Who is he?"

"He's a PetaQ, sir."

"And his cousin?"

"YO!"

Bah, what was the original... I can't remember it at all. :o

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there any reason why one can't change traits when creating a character on tribble? I wanted to check that out, but unfortunately I can find how to change them.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • admiralblackbaradmiralblackbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    • It is no longer possible to choose anything other than Uniform during character creation.
    • The other options were non-functional and caused creating a new character to fail.

Check here:http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8988361&postcount=1
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there any reason why one can't change traits when creating a character on tribble? I wanted to check that out, but unfortunately I can find how to change them.

IIRC each race gets set of starting traits and then gains more as they level starting at level 10,
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I'm not sure if it's intentional, but what you ask is already there. Go to the Omega store on Deep Space Nine. Talk to the officer out front. You will find your answers there.
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Bah, what was the original... I can't remember it at all. :o
    Spaceballs my brother. Replace PetaQ, with A**hole.
    bluedarky wrote: »
    IIRC each race gets set of starting traits and then gains more as they level starting at level 10,

So that's how it works, that's pretty awesome.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »

You misunderstood my post - I knew it was Spaceballs, but I didn't know what the original name was. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited April 2013
    More trait slots are unlocked at each rank. So you start with your racial trait, and get eight more slots as you gain ranks. Each career track, tactical science or engineering, gets four unique traits only available to that career, and then the other four can be chosen from the default pool.

It is all about choice and your preference and customization. You can choose all four career traits or not.
  • jshignjshign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mostly I just want to try out the new Romulan and Klingon content. I wish they'd release those soon :)
    Klingons: Today, is a good day to die.
    Federation: Today, no one needs to die.
    Romulans: Today is a good day for somebody else to die.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's intentional, but what you ask is already there. Go to the Omega store on Deep Space Nine. Talk to the officer out front. You will find your answers there.

So that's how it works, that's pretty awesome.

There seem to be consoles there with powers...but I don't want consoles. I got consoles that go in those slots.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited April 2013
    There seem to be consoles there with powers...but I don't want consoles. I got consoles that go in those slots.

Not really the purpose of this round of testing. The passives and reputation system was tested before the season 7 launch. If you are wanting to test others, the only real viable solution is to use the testing items that have been provided for that express purpose.

On the topic of traits, ussultimatum posted this which puts it pretty concisely.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [*]The transporter operator in the shipyard has been executed for incompetence.
    Qapla !

[*]Added Transwarp to Tau Dewa Sector Block as reward from completing New Romulus Reputation Tier 1.
    This is awesome !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey Zero, if you can, run this little bug by the systems team (or whoever can deal with this very minor bug) :)

On Deferi's Invasion Zone, if you're holding a Fractal Remodulator in one of your device slots, all the quest givers have that 'I need a Frequency Remodulator' option... despite the fact that the Fractal one IS a remodulator :D

Kinda silly
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.