test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enterprise Season 5 Netflix Campaign

zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Ten Forward
something worth of note:

http://trekmovie.com/2013/04/03/scott-bakula-talks-star-trek-enterprise-reunion-possibility-fans-start-season-5-netflix-campaign/

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekEnterpriseSeason5NetflixCampaign

About

This page is to help Star Trek Enterprise live on past it's fourth season. We want to see more adventures of Captain Jonathan Archer and the valiant crew of the NX-01. Watch Enterprise on Netflix! Spread the word!

Description

When Star Trek: Enterprise was cancelled, it's ratings were still good enough to keep it on the air. Studio and network politics were instrumental in it's demise. So the voyages of the NX-01, with Captain Archer, Trip, T'Pol, and the rest of the crew ended just as the show was finally beginning to get it's legs. Nearly all of us agree that the fourth and prematurely final season of Enterprise demonstrated that this show was a late bloomer.

A new day has dawned for the way television is produced. No longer do three networks decide what you get to watch. It started with cable. A place where the audience pays for the shows they love by subscribing. Now the next huge step has taken place. The ability to stream the shows you want, when you want them, from the Internet. Today, Netflix, Hulu, Kickstarter, and Amazon are challenging the way television is funded, and the way it is decided what gets made.

Interesting things have happened in the last year. Netflix began producing original programming, bringing back popular shows that the stodgy old programming model had done away with. "Arrested Development" is back in production. "House of Cards" with Kevin Spacey is doing well. The producer of "Veronica Mars" raised 3 million dollars on Kickstarter to make a movie from a show that the network thought no one watched.

Can we get that fifth season of Enterprise which chronicles the Romulan War? See our crew back with a dazzling refit NX-01? Folk's, It ain't impossible. Throughout Star Trek's history, it's fans have moved mountains. We can do this, it's it not that difficult. Watch Enterprise on Netflix. Even if you just run an episode while working around the house, that will build numbers, and attract attention. One thing we know for certain, the apparatus that brings us the shows we love will follow the money.

JJ Abram's is making Trek movies. If we're lucky (and you enjoy his take on Gene Roddenberry's masterpiece) we get one every 2-3 years. We've learned something from this Star Trek drought... we miss that golden age of Star Trek, with it's intimate storylines. So gang, spread the word, share the FB page, and most of all, run Enterprise on Netflix. It ain't over til it's over, and we're owed three more season of Enterprise. We can't be afraid of the wind.

*done my part spreading the word*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zerobang on

Comments

• Options
    tatyanasergeitatyanasergei Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's a shame the chance of this working is so infinitesimally low. I really did enjoy Enterprise, for what it was, and any sort of new Star Trek show going on would be reason to celebrate.
    Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
    Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester
    "The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was just about to post that u beat me :( lol Long live Enterprise. Lets do our best to get her (And hopefully that NX-Refit) Back on our screens!
  • Options
    dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    Loved this show!! I want moar seasons! Too bad Trip wont be in the new season though, he was the man
    Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • Options
    tatyanasergeitatyanasergei Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Too bad Trip wont be in the new season though, he was the man

Trip was easily one of my favorite members of the cast. And dang did he die like a man.
    Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
    Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester
    "The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,370 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why would Trip not be in season 5? Even if we take "These Are the Voyages..." as canon (personally, I think it was a bad holodeck program Riker was running), it was supposed to be a jump years into the future, ten years I think. Plenty of time for more ENT.

The downside I see is that the actors haven't been kept on ice all this time - they're all visibly older than they were.

Also, I cannot in good conscience lend my report to any proposal which I cannot read without gritting my teeth. You do not need to put an apostrophe before every single terminal S!! That's to be used when the terminal S is part of a contraction (as in "that's", a contraction of "that is"), to indicate something has been taken out in contracting two (or sometimes more) words into one. It is not merely "a thing that goes in front of an S!" </rant>
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I might get Netflix just because of this. :eek:

Long live Enterprise! It may have had a rough start, but so did TNG, DS9, and VOY. All of which got the seven seasons they deserved.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well a New Season of Arrested Development is coming out May 26 on Netflix, so............ why not push for Enterprise to do the same?
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ???

ctrl+f

*types in* 's

*presses highlight*

*facepalm's* /intended hrrhrr

my thoughts on the whole thing:

-> making pro Star Trek waves is GOOD, no matter if we get this show resumed or just show enough demand that they might just start to think about the next Series a bit earlier

-> if there is a snowballs chance in hell that they would resume the show, it is worth a try

-> they brought Shatner and Crew back for TMP years after TOS was canceled, i do see no reason why this could not happen here.

-> With the Refit of the NX-01 they would get a few Bridge upgrades so it doesn't even have to look exactly the same.

-> so the Romulan War may happen a few years later... big effing deal *shrug*

... i have no facebook account so no like from me :(
    ... germany doesn't have Netflix so no views from me :(

so all i can do is spread the word... and maybe buy some BluRays when i got some money to waste...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Why would Trip not be in season 5? Even if we take "These Are the Voyages..." as canon (personally, I think it was a bad holodeck program Riker was running), it was supposed to be a jump years into the future, ten years I think. Plenty of time for more ENT.

I forgot about that little fact lol.. my bad
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Sort of off topic, but I got this a couple of weeks ago :p

http://tinyurl.com/cful8o9
  • Options
    jhawkonespnjhawkonespn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I forgot about that little fact lol.. my bad

And even though the books aren't exactly cannon, if you read the ENT relaunch books, you find out that Trip isn't actually dead. I won't go any further than that to avoid spoilers in case anyone wants to find out for themselves. The book is "The Good That Men Do" by Andy Mangels & Michael A. Martin. Highly recommend that you check it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    And even though the books aren't exactly cannon, if you read the ENT relaunch books, you find out that Trip isn't actually dead. I won't go any further than that to avoid spoilers in case anyone wants to find out for themselves. The book is "The Good That Men Do" by Andy Mangels & Michael A. Martin. Highly recommend that you check it out.

I think I'm going to be buying a book this weekend lol
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    aaaaaand purchased from amazon lol
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2013

The downside I see is that the actors haven't been kept on ice all this time - they're all visibly older than they were.

Archer: "T'Pol, we need to fight those Klingons that are boarding the Enterprise.... get my walker !"

T'Pol: "Get it yourself ! I'm experiencing the first violent onslaught of Men'Po !"

Archer: " What the hell is Men'Po ?!"

T'Pol: "Vulcan menopause !"

:D
  • Options
    edited April 2013

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkyISf_KDLI :D

In all seriousness ... the actors' ages don't really matter, as long as they can still do their acting. Sulu, for example, appeared in VOY "Flashback" while supposedly the same age he was in TUC.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkyISf_KDLI :D

In all seriousness ... the actors' ages don't really matter, as long as they can still do their acting. Sulu, for example, appeared in VOY "Flashback" while supposedly the same age he was in TUC.

+/- 10 years isn't too difficult to do with makeup on most actors. Sounds like they managed to pass off the Arrested Development cast as a year older when the new season was filmed six years after the last. A new Enterprise season could easily be set several years later to trim down the difference.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Personally, rather than an ENT relaunch I'd much rather see a brand-new series set in 2387 and depicting the Hobus Supernova and its immediate fallout in the prime universe.

Get Leonard Nimoy and Eric Bana to guest star in the big-budget pilot, which ends with the Nararda and the Jellyfish getting sucked into Spock's black hole as our new ship of heroes looks on. Then they go off from there alternately helping and fighting the Romulans and finding new friends and foes and boldly going etc.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I support this :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    Personally, rather than an ENT relaunch I'd much rather see a brand-new series set in 2387 and depicting the Hobus Supernova and its immediate fallout in the prime universe.

Get Leonard Nimoy and Eric Bana to guest star in the big-budget pilot, which ends with the Nararda and the Jellyfish getting sucked into Spock's black hole as our new ship of heroes looks on. Then they go off from there alternately helping and fighting the Romulans and finding new friends and foes and boldly going etc.

Why can't we have both? :D

(preferably not at the same time, though)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Most of the cast from Enterprise still look good, and have aged well. mmm Linda Park
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am stunned at the timing of this, as just a few days ago, as I was watching one of Netflix's original shows, House of Cards, I had this same idea. Although, I was thinking of a new ST series. They seem to be able to put forth a decent budget for production and I have no doubt if they were to do a new or even continuing ST series, it would bring at least some new subscribers.

Either way, I have no problem watching Enterprise in it's entirety... again. :) And this idea absolutely has my support.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Whilst I would fully support bringing back Enterprise, I really can't see the cast being up for it again. I can't remember his name without looking, but the actor who played the good doctor stated in an interview that he has no interest in returning if the show gets a 5th season; then again, that was some time ago, so there's always the chance he changed his mind.

The question though; would a new show be a prequel to the season #4 ending, or a continuation? If I remember rightly, that episode had the Enterprise decommissioned. Can't really have a show called 'Enterprise' when they're serving on a ship with a different name. :P

But yeah, a 5th season would have my support, but I can't realistically see it happening, not now. The dust has settled, and (as much as it pains me to say) they should probably leave it be.

What we need is a brand new show; another reboot that doesn't tie in to either Abram-verse, or Roddenberry-verse. They just need to implement such without the use of time travel, cause that always fails unless you're The Doctor.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, bring back enterprise back! Where do we sign!? Also why we don't get star trek and star wars in the UK!?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    Whilst I would fully support bringing back Enterprise, I really can't see the cast being up for it again. I can't remember his name without looking, but the actor who played the good doctor stated in an interview that he has no interest in returning if the show gets a 5th season; then again, that was some time ago, so there's always the chance he changed his mind.

The question though; would a new show be a prequel to the season #4 ending, or a continuation? If I remember rightly, that episode had the Enterprise decommissioned. Can't really have a show called 'Enterprise' when they're serving on a ship with a different name. :P

But yeah, a 5th season would have my support, but I can't realistically see it happening, not now. The dust has settled, and (as much as it pains me to say) they should probably leave it be.

What we need is a brand new show; another reboot that doesn't tie in to either Abram-verse, or Roddenberry-verse. They just need to implement such without the use of time travel, cause that always fails unless you're The Doctor.

you are forgetting the awful timetravelling :P the thing that started the demise of ENT in the first place. who is to say the enterprise was retired after 15 years of service.

its not just ent i want returned, but b5 crusade only had 13 episodes and there was DSV and firefly as well.. i also wouldnt mind seeing a spinoff of farscape either.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I want another 2 series of Angel first though.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Here's a picture of the gathered cast who came together for the new Season 2 BlueRay.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Here's a picture of the gathered cast who came together for the new Season 2 BlueRay.

If it weren't for "In a Mirror Darkly" I wouldn't have recognized Jolene Blalock. :P And when did Connor Trinneer grow a goatee?!? :eek:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    If it weren't for "In a Mirror Darkly" I wouldn't have recognized Jolene Blalock. :P And when did Connor Trinneer grow a goatee?!? :eek:
    I've seen Jolene in a number of things with long hair - such as Stargate - so that never surprised me. I can't say about Connor I haven't seen him in anything for a couple of years - I think the last thing I saw him in was NCIS in 2011.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

Eh, they could still do a series.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Eh, they could still do a series.
    Just what the kids want to see now-a-days: a bunch of 40-50 year old actors doing a high-adventure action series. :)