Install Arc
Options

Enterprise Season 5 Netflix Campaign

2»

Comments

• Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If they did a Kickstarter for it, I would donate. I would love to see more ENT on Netflix!
  • Options
    pwsucks2362pwsucks2362 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree they could easily use kickstarter to build the sets and pay for some cgi.

It should be set after Terran Prime. The crew spends some time on earth while the ship is repaired after the Verteron array on Mars damaged the ship.

The time on earth, Vulcan, denobula could explain any tans the cast members may have.

After repairs are done they could do some exploration and start the events leading to the Romulan War.

Trip and T'Pol could have a complicated relationship, they could bring the reporter that was dating Travis as a war correspondent and have a relationship between the two during the war.

And finally epic battles with Enterprise and Columbia fighting the Romulans.
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If not a whole season we should get a "made for tv" movie It could be a Ds9 or TNG project too.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, either way, we NEED some -real- Star Trek. So, while I'm not too fond of the ways Enterprise bent/broke previously established canon...

Where do I sign? :D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure how Enterprise supposedly destroyed established cannon, but whatever. I thought it was an imaginative and fun adventure series. The fact that it was so close to our own modern time period as opposed to the 24th century was one of the things I loved about it.

If they're going to do this, they need to hurry it up before the actors get too old.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,390 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warpedcore wrote: »
    I'm not sure how Enterprise supposedly destroyed established cannon, but whatever.
    Well, the most blatant one I can think of is that they located Qo'noS about five days away from Earth at warp 5. If the Klingon Empire were that close, we'd be a colony world by now.

There are others that struck me at the time, but I can't be bothered to go recall them just now.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Well, the most blatant one I can think of is that they located Qo'noS about five days away from Earth at warp 5. If the Klingon Empire were that close, we'd be a colony world by now.

There are others that struck me at the time, but I can't be bothered to go recall them just now.

There's that, and there's the fact that while Kirk was constantly implied to be the most important captain in the history of the Federation, they suddenly went and made somebody even MORE important, flying a ship which predates the first (first starship called Enterprise, anyway) U.S.S. Enterprise, but is still called Enterprise.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »
    There's that, and there's the fact that while Kirk was constantly implied to be the most important captain in the history of the Federation, they suddenly went and made somebody even MORE important, flying a ship which predates the first (first starship called Enterprise, anyway) U.S.S. Enterprise, but is still called Enterprise.

The most, or one of the most?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can see the 5 Days from Qo'nos as a writing gaff. That's just me though. As for Archer being more important than Kirk... well, that's like saying Washington was more important than Nimitz. Nimitz was one of two men directly responsible for Allied victory in World War 2, but Washington won the Revolutionary War. Who is more important?

As for the Enterprise, the NX was pre-Federation, so technically yeah, the 1701 is the first Federation starship to bear the name. I think a lot of people probably took comments in books and comics as cannon, and when Enterprise hit the air, there was minor conflicts abound. The same thing happened to Karen Travvis and Star Wars. She created this elaborate and intricate Mandalorian culture, which Lucas threw right out the window with The Clone Wars. TCW is cannon, books and comics aren't.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,105 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obviously Archer is more important... without him.. there would be no kirk.... and just a fyi... archer has a beagle... end of that arguement.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually, that one can be explained away with a throwaway line from the DS9 episode "Trials and Tribble-ations". When the two guys from Temporal Investigations are interviewing Sisko, and he talks about seeing the Enterprise ahead, one of them asks him, "Which one? There were five starships named Enterprise."

His partner interrupts, "Six."
    thay8472 wrote:
    and just a fyi... archer has a beagle... end of that arguement.
    Well, Archer had a beagle. Then a young engineer named Montgomery Scott wanted to prove a point about using a transporter from one planet to another... :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually, that one can be explained away with a throwaway line from the DS9 episode "Trials and Tribble-ations". When the two guys from Temporal Investigations are interviewing Sisko, and he talks about seeing the Enterprise ahead, one of them asks him, "Which one? There were five starships named Enterprise."

His partner interrupts, "Six."

Well, Archer had a beagle. Then a young engineer named Montgomery Scott wanted to prove a point about using a transporter from one planet to another... :)

I do believe that was referring to the Enterprise-E.

Add the NX-01 to all the pre-Enterprise (by filming, not by chronology) Enterprises, and you get SEVEN.

• Options
    edited May 2013

Was he? ;)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I haven't watched much TOS but IIRC The Romulans were not known even by the Vulcans i might have that backwards though. The worst crime was the self indulgent Ferengi episode but things could get lost in the shuffle after 200 years. That and Tellarites have different hands.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I haven't watched much TOS but IIRC The Romulans were not known even by the Vulcans i might have that backwards though.
    I'll have to go watch the episode later, but as I recall, Spock was as surprised as anyone when they finally got a visual of the Romulan bridge. I know for sure none of the humans aboard knew anything about it; in fact, the navigator reacted rather poorly, immediately accusing Spock of being untrustworthy. (He was reprimanded by Kirk, repeatedly.)
    dalalorn wrote:
    I don't think the E had been commissioned yet; if I'm not mistaken, that episode took place before the Big D crashed.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't think the E had been commissioned yet; if I'm not mistaken, that episode took place before the Big D crashed.

The D crashed in 2371. Both "Trials and Tribblations" and the space battle in "First Contact" took place in 2373. So the DTI agents probably were referring to the E.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this campaign does work I hope they get rid of that AWFUL theme music :<
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

what this? xD
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    coryb77coryb77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

But it's been a long road getting from...season 4 to 5. It's been a long time but it's time is finally near.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'll have to go watch the episode later, but as I recall, Spock was as surprised as anyone when they finally got a visual of the Romulan bridge. I know for sure none of the humans aboard knew anything about it; in fact, the navigator reacted rather poorly, immediately accusing Spock of being untrustworthy. (He was reprimanded by Kirk, repeatedly.)

As psycoticvulcan pointed out, Trials and Tribbleations took place after Generations.

Way of the Warrior references the destruction of the Ent-D, and we know that at the time First Contact took place, the Enterprise E had been in space for a year.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I actually like the Enterprise theme music. It perfectly reflects the spirit of Star Trek.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I actually like the Enterprise theme music. It perfectly reflects the spirit of Star Trek.

I hate any music with lyrics. And sometimes even "has no lyrics" isn't enough to save it. :P

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I hate any music with lyrics. And sometimes even "has no lyrics" isn't enough to save it. :P

Same here, actually. The song in question is the only exception for me. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a shame the chance of this working is so infinitesimally low. I really did enjoy Enterprise, for what it was, and any sort of new Star Trek show going on would be reason to celebrate.

Hey the facebook campaign worked for people who Wanted a new Star Wars Battlefront game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]