ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Count me in! Very excited and glad the KDF get their 1-50 luvin' too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, no.

Personally Romulans aren't that big a deal for me. The Mojai is a pretty ship and sure I wouldn't mind flying one but that's about it. I may check them out in time, once the dust settles and most of the inevitable bugs have been looked at.

I must admit I was never convinced a full faction would appear, so good news for the Romulan fans I suppose. I am glad that the KDF have been given full faction status as well. Very interested in the Tholian reputation system too so keeping my eye on that one.

All this content...that patch in may is going to be a monster!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Former Star Fleet Veteran looking for Romulan fleet

I know the ropes

And I'm 100% nicer in game than on the forums. :o
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    daytonamaxdaytonamax Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Count me in! Very excited and glad the KDF get their 1-50 luvin' too

I wonder how many are going to be making new KDF characters when they are adding a completely new faction at the same time though.
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Fellow Romulans!

We are the oldest existing Romulan Fleet (since Beta, community existed even prior to that).

Apply for membership on our homepage and prepare for the launch with us.

We are going to launch our warbirds with pride and will rebuild our great Imperium.

Join our cause now!
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I been waiting since the game launch for the Romulins, and looks like Cryptic has work their butts off to bring the Romulin Faction into sto faster then what many expected. So who is going to switch sides and go Green?

i will belive it when i see it. i dont think its a faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited March 2013

There's a link in another thread to the german page announcing it.

I think everyone will at least try it, its (apparently) the first real new story content we'll be getting since forever, Ambassador mission notwithstanding.
  • Options
    daytonamaxdaytonamax Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a link to it in my sig.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic is trying to kill me. I already have 11 Fed chars and 8 KDF chars...... :eek::(:D

"It's not easy being green......" *sings*
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    Cryptic is trying to kill me. I already have 11 Fed chars and 8 KDF chars......

I hear you.

Really not looking forward to working on a Romulan Starbase, DOFFing, Accolading, and all that Reputation work (Romulan, Omega, new Tholian). I'm very much not looking forward to grinding another 200 STFs for 3 new characters, I'm still far from finished on my existing 5 toons. :(

I already spend 16 hours online just for 6 toons. Making it 9 surely will put me in the hosptial from character overload. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ive got to say the game really desperately needed this. I think everyone is tired sick to death of KDF and fed grinding. Couldn't be happier right now, will have to start buying extra toon slots and getting skill point boosters in :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    hmmm, i now do have 11 KDF and 3 FED's

suppose ill keep my KDF main to do some PVP, and all other toons will be on their Contraband and Alien Artifact duty.

buying 2 new slots now, as i think we will get one Romulan slot for free.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ive got to say the game really desperately needed this. I think everyone is tired sick to death of KDF and fed grinding. Couldn't be happier right now, will have to start buying extra toon slots and getting skill point boosters in :D

Not to put a dampener on your excitement...but ultimately the Romulans will grind the same stuff everyone else does. :o
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    Fellow Romulans!

We are the oldest existing Romulan Fleet (since Beta, community existed even prior to that).

Apply for membership on our homepage and prepare for the launch with us.

We are going to launch our warbirds with pride and will rebuild our great Imperium.

Join our cause now!
    You may want to change your fleet name, according to the few elements we have now, it seems the Romulan Star Empire is reborn as the Romulan Republic.

My guess is Sela will join D'Tan to rebuild, since she may have seen wisdom during her captivity, and saw the Feds are not responsible for the supernova, on the contrary.
    Not to put a dampener on your excitement...but ultimately the Romulans will grind the same stuff everyone else does. :o
    Don't be silly. Romulan don't grind, they deceive others to work for them. Mostly klingons, they are so easy to deceive. Once you are accustomed to the smell, that's it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    You may want to change your fleet name, according to the few elements we have now, it seems the Romulan Star Empire is reborn as the Romulan Republic.

My guess is Sela will join D'Tan to rebuild, since she may have seen wisdom during her captivity, and saw the Feds are not responsible for the supernova, on the contrary.

my guess is to finally see Rator III or another homeworld, cause that way Romulans also get to have an embassy on NR.

also, D'Tan's Remans and Romulans are only a small fraction with very unconventional ideas (like reunification), which we, the regular citizens do not like..
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    my guess is to finally see Rator III or another homeworld, cause that way Romulans also get to have an embassy on NR.

also, D'Tan's Remans and Romulans are only a small fraction with very unconventional ideas (like reunification), which we, the regular citizens do not like..

I agree with this. In the Romulan arch of the Federation missions, you do aid some planets that are seeking independence from the RSE.
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Too true! But at least we'll get some new story missions. Maybe some new costumes everyone can use? Anything that isn't straight grinding. As to what happens when you get to lvl 50 though.... while I cannot speak for others I can pretty much guarantee "I" will not be grinding on a Rom alt all the things I'm grinding on my fed main. Its just NOT going to hapen. Can you imagine starting a brand new fleet starbase at this stage? Talk about demoralizing! Besides, we haven't really heard if its a third faction or if they took a page from Blizz and have lvl 50 Rommies join Starfleet or the KDF "to keep fighting for their people's freedom" or somesuch. It would even make sense if they plan future arcs to revolve around figuring out what's going on (OMG, is that plot advancement in STO??!!), and then going about stopping it.
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    :EEK:

So many green people here ... i will name my romulan "Hamster" ...
    thats a name for a warrior ehm sorry spy.
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Too true! But at least we'll get some new story missions. Maybe some new costumes everyone can use? Anything that isn't straight grinding. As to what happens when you get to lvl 50 though.... while I cannot speak for others I can pretty much guarantee "I" will not be grinding on a Rom alt all the things I'm grinding on my fed main. Its just NOT going to hapen. Can you imagine starting a brand new fleet starbase at this stage? Talk about demoralizing! Besides, we haven't really heard if its a third faction or if they took a page from Blizz and have lvl 50 Rommies join Starfleet or the KDF "to keep fighting for their people's freedom" or somesuch. It would even make sense if they plan future arcs to revolve around figuring out what's going on (OMG, is that plot advancement in STO??!!), and then going about stopping it.
    We will probably have joined STF queue. I suppose they'll find a reason why, maybe Sela saw the Iconians plot, and, reluctantly, joined forces with the Feds and KDF. Could also explain why it's not an Empire anymore, but a Republic.

Or it's a mirror universe Sela.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Don't want to grind? Take your time for your reps. I still have many chars not T5 and i'm fine with that. They'll go at their own pace. Don't want to level up another starbase? Join a mega 500 active people fleet (and be active). Who cares if it's not a fleet of friends? It's still better than joining the Fed or the KDF. :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    michalwismichalwis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Green hurts my eyes so I will not play Romulan.:rolleyes::D:P

I have a 14th and 15th slot for two new characters and a spare Borg kit, I always wanted a Romulan Sci. The other will be a mule to help my main Romulan farm doffs for colonization.

Though without Heretic I wonder what lies in store for Rommie doffing.
    defalus wrote: »
    Green hurts my eyes so I will not play Romulan.:rolleyes::D:P

I have a 14th and 15th slot for two new characters and a spare Borg kit, I always wanted a Romulan Sci. The other will be a mule to help my main Romulan farm doffs for colonization.

Though without Heretic I wonder what lies in store for Rommie doffing.

You're irish and you don't like green ? next thing I know you will be telling me you don't like guiness or whiskey ? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You're irish and you don't like green ? next thing I know you will be telling me you don't like guiness or whiskey ? :P

Romulan Ale is blue and I dont really like Feds. Romulans need better booze colourings.:P
    defalus wrote: »
    Romulan Ale is blue and I dont really like Feds. Romulans need better booze colourings.:P

There is one thing the Romulans do have .....

SUGAR :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As long as I get more dilithium mining slaves, I'll be rolling Romulan, too.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will certainly be making a Romulan character, though to be honest to myself, I probably won't be putting quite as much attention to as my Fed character.