test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is going Green in May?

Comments

• pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will of course create a toon and give it a try, but best part of the news is for me the option to retrait my older toons.

If cryptic wants me to play more than my main char, I would wish to see changes to the c-store. Give me an option to buy bankslots expansions and all other per character options account-wide, maybe 3 times the price. But I am not going to pay hundrets of euros again to max another character, sorry.

I would like to see new stuff for the old factions too. New accolades, new dailies like " play 3 storyline mission of your choice within 60 minutes and get this or that for it". It does' nd need new maps and missions all the time.
    Or add new little missions to defera and new romulus. More ingame events by branflakes, add terradome to the quere.. You know!
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not I,
    Everything I might need from the Rommies will be on the exchange or the NR rep system. They'll have to grind like everyone else for their rep items, they have 4 ships and their plasma will still be garbage.

They've got nothing I need, except more blood on my uniform.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Romulans and their birds. And... now this. The hidden link? Next question, can you make a brew out of those? :D

---

Sure, they're the secret ingredient in Romulan Ale.:P
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    trycksh0t wrote: »
    Switch sides to play Romulan? No.

Re-rolling to play all 3 Factions from start to finish? Absolutely.

couldn't agree more.
  • chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll play Romulan of course, because it's shiny and part of STO. However, my main character will always be Klingon. :cool:

Looking forward to see how KDF levels 1-20 play out more than anything, but the Romulan BoPs are calling to me as well. :D
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If it comes with a free faction-locked toon slot like Fed & KDF... I'll make a Romulan dil grinder. Otherwise, meh.
  • hodqughhodqugh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This actually got my wife to download and install the game! She wants to play a Reman female (and says she's gonna be mad if there aren't any)!
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have to admit that I'm skeptical about this "faction." If there is lots of actual story content, I'll be happy. But, honestly, I'm waiting to see if it's really a faction and not some kind of story-lite grind that somehow counts as a "faction."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well I will be rolling a Romulan Character (or 2)

And I hope they get permission to use the music from ST: Nemesis...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbFnGsywbiU

Romulan Music is found at roughly 1:05

Oh and If they need any ideas for Romulan C-Store vessels go play Star Trek Armada 2: Fleet Operations Mod
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will be creating at least Two Romulan Captains to round out the number of Characters that I have at 10.

1st will be a Romulan Science Officer

2nd will be a Romulan Tactical Officer

I find myself wondering what unique Faction Trait that the Romulans will have.

Will all Romulan Vessels come equipped with Battle Cloaks or something?

I am happy to hear that the KDF were not left out in the cold with the upcoming update; however, I would like to see more of what the KDF will be getting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • genericolagenericola Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will be.
    I just hope it really will be a romulan faction rather than a romulan themed not-federation
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As i told my fleet, i never ever intended to play fed, just kdf until the RSE finally joined.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hodqugh wrote: »
    This actually got my wife to download and install the game! She wants to play a Reman female (and says she's gonna be mad if there aren't any)!

maternal instincts ?: http://trekweb.com/images/stories/4d0632f57c385-1.jpg

i hope for Romulan Operative and Subterfuge traits..
  • moggiecanadamoggiecanada Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have two Romulan toons (well, alien type that look like Romulans) well before Legacy was announced, but I do have two open toon slots that will be used to create one Romulan male and one Romulan female toon
  • cedricophoffcedricophoff Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Im absolutely going green in may. Ive had a slot open for a rommie engineer almost since the game started. :)
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Pretty much assured that my first rommie will be a lib borg sci, as fed one is tac and kdf is eng.

I do wonder though about ship choices as only 4 have really been seen so far. I also look forward to seeing what the zen store offerings will be. My Kumari purchase will have to go on hold for a while!

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have Tac, Eng, and Sci for both Fed and KDF.. my alt-itis demands I make three more characters for the Rommie faction..

I don't really stick exclusively to one character or faction though, so I won't really be 'going green' as much as I'll just be.. 'expanding my playstyle library'.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Definitely going green in May. Gimme that sweet sweet D'Deridex and Bird of Prey action. :cool:
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have no great desire to play as a Rom, but I will certainly make a character or two to play through any new Mission Content the Roms might have - I will, likewise, make a new Klink to play through the new Tutorial on their side.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • sk8ter888sk8ter888 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am so going GREEN!!!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!
  • cuzecozecuzecoze Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am. I've been waiting for this moment. I've played this game since release, but had taken a very long hiatus. I'm only just now returning, and there are many different things and changed/new systems in place, so I feel like a complete noob again.

I'm going to be making a Romulan as my main. Any Romulan fleets out there that accepting noob players? :D
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll be marching beneath the Raptor's wings.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Eh, I'm staying blue for now. I'll go green when everyone else is done going green.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe, since the Federation side is just a big disappointment.. but on the other hand i doubt the romulan will be better, lol.

I bet, they make the Warbird the most boring and lame ship of that faction :rolleyes:

"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I find the Romulan green offensive when the real green is Orion.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will be going green!

I can't wait.

I won't go red though...tried it - did not like it.

Will it cost anything or will it be automatically placed in the game?
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will be all ready have my fleet name had it since open beta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    hey guys i did a new sig

haha that cracked me up.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I won't play romulan. I have invested too much in my kdf. There isn't hardly any Star Trek to give the romulans much of a place in sto.
    IMHO romulans where badly written in Star Trek.
    Cardassians were written better.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll make a Romulan character -- and although I already hav e a KDF Liberated Borg Klingon engineer; I'll probably make a KDF Gorn Tactical officer IF I see they avctually added some 1-20 PvE content for the KDF faction too.

I'm still primarily a Fed player (and for a second race/faction, I actually like Romulans more than Klingons myself); but I'm also a long time MMO player and try to play all the flavors of available content in any MMO.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."