Install Arc
Options

Top 10 fleets

Comments

• Options
    hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how could i help in that?
    those are not my fleets, i cant show u how active they are...

im sayin that its inaccurate, cause i never send u a picture of my fleets.
    and u cant tell what fleets are more active in chat or howmany deleted players there are in the rostor.
    or how many play on fed or kdf.
    and how old a fleet is, and when they started making a starbase, these should all be factored in IMO

the calculations for the list doesnt seem correct, u could have a maxed out starbase and 1000 ppl, but howmany of them helped out and got a fair share of the fc or are online daily.

dont get me wrong my klingon side is honored to be here, but my fed side want things to be fair.
    sorry if the english grammar is a bit off, im dutch :)

ps

we also have Shadow Force reserve (for all the alts) and we have fed and kdf fleets on tribble..

how we got info talking to your fleet members some have sent us pictures. having some character join fleet snap picture of starbase or report back. it would be so much easier if we work together. any fleet with tier 5 anything should be proud. send all info and pictures to duramastersto@yahoo.com
  • Options
    kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We are also a level 16 fleet..

Embassy has been completed...

Fleet starbase has reached T4 complete, with shipyard half way to T5, however looking at our SB XP it will reach Tier 5 before any of the parts are completed, how that has happened I dont know....

We have over 300+ people all good, and we are laid back friendly fleet, with 1 simple rule, help out within the fleet and have good friends...

Elite Defense Starfleet has a sister klingon fleet Elite Defense Stovokor

So what ever side you are on, you are more then welcome to join us!

check out our website www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com

We even have our very own FLEET MERCHANDISE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how could i help in that?
    those are not my fleets, i cant show u how active they are...

im sayin that its inaccurate, cause i never send u a picture of my fleets.
    and u cant tell what fleets are more active in chat or howmany deleted players there are in the rostor.
    or how many play on fed or kdf.
    and how old a fleet is, and when they started making a starbase, these should all be factored in IMO

the calculations for the list doesnt seem correct, u could have a maxed out starbase and 1000 ppl, but howmany of them helped out and got a fair share of the fc or are online daily.

dont get me wrong my klingon side is honored to be here, but my fed side want things to be fair.
    sorry if the english grammar is a bit off, im dutch :)

ps

we also have Shadow Force reserve (for all the alts) and we have fed and kdf fleets on tribble..

I will vouch the list is not inaccurate -- possibly missing a few fleets that do not advertise on the forums, but nothing in the list is factually wrong. I think the confusion is you're basing it on metrics that the list was not meant for -- the list does not talk about activity, Tribble fleets, reserve fleets, online daily, contributed X amount of FC, how many people chat per hour, or whatever additional metric you want to conceive whatsoever so do not try to criticize it for something it does not claim to do. The data I gathered doesn't even look at the embassy, just starbase XP and Tier 5 structure in progress or completed.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Considering he put up "behaviour" as a criteria, I am somewhat surprised by the shameless self-promotion ^^
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To tell the truth i was surprised My fleet BG MACO was mentioned, but after going through inactives (we were 2 away from 500) and booting anyone over 5 months inactive, i only found around 42 people. So our activity is very high, most have played within the month, longest is 4 months inactive. We do have some alts in fleet, but not many. Our fleet lvl, tier 5 military in 15 more days, and were already past half way for sci and eng. So thanks for this list, it has made people in my fleet very happy to hear and given even more pep in our step :) We have always been very laid back, our number one thing is ITS A GAME!!!! So its supposed to be fun, not like the military, not like some a hole group that puts its members down just because they dont do something right. People play to have fun, so they should enjoy their fleet and not feel like its another job. I know some groups like feeling like its a job, but not to us. We cater to everyone. The lone wolf player, the group player, the stfer, the pvper. Our only recruitment rule is 18+ but have made exceptions for family members and really mature children. Also our fleet has been around and playing together since sto was in beta, so our core group is VERY close, we feel like a family.

Didnt mean to make this sound like a recruitment add, but we have very limited space, but if people are interested message me @danfiveten in game.

maco2.png
    progression.png
    embassey.png
    maco1.png

So once again, thanks for the list, and the mention on the podcast, appreciate the work you put into it.

Dan, Battle Group M.A.C.O.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Spanish Division Fleet (Division Hispana) is at 10 days of Tier 5 Starbase, the project is up and running and waiting for it to finish!

We are the only Spanish Fleet Tier 5!

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    torinthitorinthi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Current Top Ten Combined Fed / KDF fleets by Starbase XP
    1. Pride of the Federation / Pride of the Empire
    2. REDdit Alert / The House of Snoo
    3. Section 31 / Klingon Intelligence
    4. Jupiter Force / House of Jupiter
    5. Task Force Spectre / The House of Spectre
    6. Fubar Inc / Crimson Fubar Inc
    7. Starfleet M.A.C.O. / KDF Honor Guard
    8. UFP / House of Kular
    9. Shadow Force / Shadow Empire
    10. Vice Squad / House of Tlhap-Jen

Disclaimer: This list is only from what I've seen reported on forums and in-game and may not be totally inclusive.

Just to add onto this that the UFP has 2 Federation Fleets and 1 Klingon fleet all of which are close to or passed T4, with two extra fleets for each faction (also both close too or passed T4) come the release of the Romulans.

Thanks,
    {UFP}Torinth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Congratulations to both

To provide a consistent location for updates, I have made a page with the updated information. Feel free to send me a private message or leave a comment on talk page if you feel I have omitted your fleet from the list.

To remove any confusion over it: if a fleet has multiple fleets on the same faction, only the more experienced one is counted. Tier 5 lists include those completed and with the project started. The list does not claim to list the "best" fleets on a qualitative basis -- it does not track number of players, founding date, activity, contributions, behavior, websites, or anything of that sort nor do I intend to measure and list any of those things in the future.

Keep in mind over 99% of fleets aren't going to be on the page's top ten list, but if you're Tier 4 or above now you're probably well within the top 5% most advanced bases in STO.
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Our fleet might not be T5 but were getting there,

Assimilated Initiative FED (Lv16)

Starbase is T4 Across the board

Embassy is currently upgrading to T3 on diplomatic with Recruitment upgrade next then T3 Embassy Upgrade right after lol.

Then its strickly just focusing on the starbase.

We have 400+ members, alot of us are fathers with 1 or more children so we understand everyone cant play for hours on end but somehow we all pull together and get our starbase projects done.

http://www.assimilatedinitiative.com/
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What is not listed is the most advanced KDF fleet: House of Beautiful Orions

We have:

T5 Starbase
    T5 Fab
    T5 Shipyard construction will start in 5-6 days(april 19th)

Fully completed Embassy

On April 19th the last leg of the Starbase - Sci will start - approx 75 days or about 3 more months for Total Starbase completion.
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    On a interesting note - the first - and perhaps only one that will ever be produced - Solo T4 starbase will be competed later this month.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

The OP hasn't been changed, but the latest list will now be here.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Ausmonauts now have a tier 5 shipyard :D
    http://i.imgur.com/beQlYyj.jpg
  • Options
    nimshaenimshae Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My advice shop around, find somehwere you are happy with and with services and functions that suit your gameplay. If at any point it saps fun from your game move on...

This comes from heavy experience sadly, I have been for the most part in a very large fleet here however where numbers, and provisions were high, behaviour was not up to standard.

it's logical really in a large fleet there are already established cliques, you can't know everyone, and eventually you are gonna come across someone you don't gel with. However they do progress a lot quicker.

Me I thought heck with progression, whats the use of all of it, if I dread coming on the game, so I joined a small starting fleet with a core of friends and people I have met through gaming.

Hopefully we will add to us as we go along just because we are fun to hnag with, BUT we don't count on it, we are happy to exist in our small slice of cyber utopia.

We won't ever be on the big stat lists, but in the end it all comes down to YOU and whats more important.

Or if you find a place you fit in well!

Sarah
    SSO Fleet Understands that this is a game, that it's sole purpose is to escape from the harsh realities of life. Thats why we promise, we offer fun, frolics without the mandatory rules and structure. Come escape with us, we dare you.....
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited April 2013
    The best fleets are the ones who don't actively recruit. They tend to be populated by the best and most insane players you'll ever meet. They don't care about things like starbases and grind fests, they just want to have fun. They tend to look out for their members a lot more as well and have no real pressure.

But then again, it's all about your definition about what makes a 'good' fleet. I personally wouldn't join many of the larger ones.
  • Options
    nimshaenimshae Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Vitzh that is a true story, and I am glad to meet another mad and insane player amongst the stars....it makes my dark little heart happy!

*hugs*
    SSO Fleet Understands that this is a game, that it's sole purpose is to escape from the harsh realities of life. Thats why we promise, we offer fun, frolics without the mandatory rules and structure. Come escape with us, we dare you.....
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited April 2013
    nimshae wrote: »
    Vitzh that is a true story, and I am glad to meet another mad and insane player amongst the stars....it makes my dark little heart happy!

*hugs*

Yay! *hugs back*

Should join us for tea and crumpets.
  • Options
    parrotking97parrotking97 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Congrats to all fleets who have made it to here! (Especially Section 31 :b) Another marvelous thing in fleets which do not recruit people, is skill. And with most valuable skill, listening! My example: 2 stf "veterans" and three first timers to ground stf, and we did it with optional. I was so moved that I was almost crying from happines. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "There is coffee in that nebula." - Kathryn Janeway
    My rihansu character: S'tarleya ch'Rihan Rahaen'fvil, commander of warbird Hnoiyika
  • Options
    rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2013

We have:

T5 Starbase
    T5 Fab
    T5 Shipyard construction will start in 5-6 days(april 19th)

Fully completed Embassy

On April 19th the last leg of the Starbase - Sci will start - approx 75 days or about 3 more months for Total Starbase completion.

give these guys credit for having some great pvp teams too. i dread seeing them in pvp, but respect their skill. i should know better than to go up against klingons as a fed. :-)
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Reporting in from the Pride Of The Federation/Empire, the most advanced dual Faction Fleet!

Our Federation fleet currently has:

T5 Starbase
    T5 Fabricator
    T5 Shipyard
    T5 Comms Array, just started and will be complete in 2 weeks. :D
    T3 Embassy

Will update with our KDF fleet tomorrow.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,486 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi to the House of Beautiful Orions fleet.

Guess what; Im a Ausmonaut :)

BOO!!!!! (scary voice)

:P
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited May 2013
    shadow force is near tier 3 on tribble server :p (we have a total of 6 fleets now, on holo and trib)
    they changed the cooldown there, u could in theory get a t5 base in a day now..

maybe we could make this a lil contest, who gets t5 first on the test server? (got nothin else to do XD )
  • Options
    hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ausmonauts Fleet now has a T5 Starbase :)

Our Holdings progression is in my footer.
  • Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good info, though I kno allot of this has had minor updates by now

-V
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I always think of the Sol Trade Consortium as one of those small, friendly, casual fleets... however, since we're level 16, with a maxed-out embassy, mine hitting tier 2 next week, and tier 4 starbase facilities all around... and over 400 names on the roster... maybe we're bigger than I think!

(Don't have the stats to hand for the KDF partner, the Orion Trade Consortium, but it's there, and active.)

We're not in anybody's top rank, but... looks like we're above average. Which is nice. :D
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    selenelangofeselenelangofe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey from the Undecisive Outlaws,

STO should (if it doesn't) have a list of ALL the fleets and their ranking compared to other fleets.
    ya gotta be jokin' kidding me....
  • Options
    silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited August 2013
    shadow force completed the starbase and the mines
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Liberty Task Force at www.libertytaskforce.com was created on April 28th, 2013 and will be officially four months old tomorrow (August 28th, 2013). While we are not Tier V yet we are a force to be reckoned with. To give you some idea of the contributing power of this fleet; we ran the Embassy Tier III upgrade and Shipyard Tier IV upgrade projects at the same time and filled them both in less than 48 hours. In that short time we have completed the following:

Currently over 320 members on in-game roster, over 180 members registered on our website. Around 15-25 people on in-game at any given time 7-12 in our TeamSpeak 3 at nearly any given time. Alliances with 6 other good STO fleets.

Starbase - T3
    -Military = T4
    -Engineering = T3
    -Science = T3
    (Just waiting on Shipyard cool down to start Engineering and Science T4 upgrades)

Embassy - T3
    -Diplomacy = T3
    -Recruitment = T3
    (We're done with Embassy)

Dilithium Mine = T2
    -Trade = T2
    -Development = T2
    (We're just 3 days from starting our T3 upgrades)

Furthermore we've completed every single Limited Time Special Project for all three areas. Our Starbase/Embassy/Dilithium Mine is decked out to the nines. For a complete listing of all our projects visit www.libertytaskforce.com/progression and have a look. We'll be posting back once we reach Tier V.

-Grayfox
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Everyone is going to measure themselves differently and different people are going to want different things from a fleet so it really is impossible to measure what fleets are best as it all depends on how you measure them.

For The United Federation of Planets.
    • 5 in-game fleets and support for each playable faction.
    • A top tier starbase.
    • An elite group dedicated to STFs and PvP.
    • More than a dozen dedicated event officers covering all major timezones.
    • Daily hosted events.
    • Regular events with other fleets.
    • Game guides for members of all experience levels.
    • We have our own website, forum, mobile app, team speak server and game servers.
    • We self publish our own Star Trek magazine featuring exclusive interviews with the Star Trek Online developers.
    • In partnership with Activision and CBS we also have a multi-game digital publishing deal allowing us to provide all members with FREE and completely legal copies of Elite Force Holomatch and RPG-X.
    • More than 10 years experience in the field of Star Trek gaming.
    • Over 700 active members representing more than 40 different nationalities.
    • In addition to Star Trek Online we also actively support the Star Trek Armada series, Star Trek Bridge Commander and the Star Trek Elite Force series.
    • We actively support roleplaying via SIMMs, Star Trek Online and RPG-X.
    • We were also voted one of the top 100 clans in the world a few years back, the only Star Trek gaming clan featured in the list I might add, again though it is subjective.
    • Annual 'real world' meet up events.
    ChristopherHalsey.png