test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Top 10 fleets

jessica1860jessica1860 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Earth Spacedock
Could someone with expert knowledge of Star Trek online list the top 10 fleets to join according to star base tiers and behaviors thank u
Post edited by jessica1860 on

Comments

• Options
    ubermattenubermatten Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That is a very subjective question you are asking. No one can fully give you an answer for that as they would have to be a part of every single fleet, and then give you feedback on it depending on what they like (again, this is the subjective part).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Could someone with expert knowledge of Star Trek online list the top 10 fleets to join according to star base tiers and behaviors thank u

i will share with you what i have fleets that are tier 5

Task Force Spectre

Jupiter Force

Federstion Deep Space Operations

Inner Circle

1St Aquarius Division

Then you want behavior that is difficult. PLease explain what you want to know?
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's a number of ways you can look at it:
    • Size. The mega-fleets with over 400 members (alphabetical): 44th Fleet, Access Denied, Ausmonauts, Battle Group M.A.C.O., Borg Syndicate, Federation Deepspace Operations, Fubar Inc, Guardians of Equestria, Inner Circle, LaFamilia, Orion.Empire., Pride of the Federation, Proteus, REDdit Alert, Section 08, Section 31, Shadow Force, TRIBBLE., SSOG, Starfleet M.A.C.O., Task Force Spectre, UFP
    • Total XP for Starbase (top 10 fleets are all level 16-18): Pride of the Federation, Task Force Spectre, Jupiter Force, 44th Fleet, Access Denied, REDdit Alert, Section 31, Battle Group M.A.C.O., Federation Deepspace Operations, Inner Circle
    • Tier 5 structures (in order of completion)
      • Tier 5 Starbase - Task Force Spectre, Jupiter Force, Access Denied, Federation Deepspace Operations, 44th Fleet
      • Tier 5 Shipyard - 1st Aquarius Division, Access Denied, Federation Deepspace Operations, 44th Fleet, Inner Circle
      • Tier 5 Fabricator - Task Force Spectre, Jupiter Force
      • Tier 5 Communcations Array - none at present
      • Tier 5 Transwarp Conduit - none at present

Disclaimer: This list is only from what I've seen reported on forums and in-game and may not be totally inclusive.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well thats easy, Federation Emergency Services.

We have the best ground PvP crew and the best space PvP crew.

/thread
  • Options
    thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    polie05 wrote: »

/thread

Yup.

/thread
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    polie05 wrote: »

/thread

"Evil Mirror Fes" ftw

79 winsn against the federation of fools.

o/
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ausmonauts are the largest Oceanic Fleet!

www.ausmonauts.com

Currently over 480 members and we are dropping alts to make room for new members.

Fleet Level 16 with 18,000xp

Starbase - T4
    -Military = T4
    -Engineering = T4
    -Science = T4
    ... We will have T5 shipyard & Starbase before the May Romulan update

Embassy - T2
    -Diplomacy = T3
    -Recruitment = T3
    .. Upgrade to T3 Embassy running.
  • Options
    th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Subspace Radio and House of Subspace Radio is always welcoming new fleeties, we a currently focusing on getting our embassies to t3 before we focus back on the starbases but we are nearly there on both fleets and do plan to expand to the romulan side come may 21. Give me a ping ingame (@xTH3xR34P3Rx) or any of the people in our fleets for an invite anytime.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • Options
    altp87altp87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is very subjective but one thing you have to know, most fleets will not just let you join, contribute nothing and take anything you want from them.

You will be expected to contribute BEFORE being allowed to buy from the stores. Smaller fleets generally require less contribution as they have more requesition.

Say what you want from the starbase/fleet (be honest if you just want to contribute the bare minimum) and then you'll get offers =)
  • Options
    contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    • Size. The mega-fleets with over 400 members (alphabetical): 44th Fleet, Access Denied, Ausmonauts, Battle Group M.A.C.O., Borg Syndicate, Federation Deepspace Operations, Fubar Inc, Guardians of Equestria, Inner Circle, LaFamilia, Orion.Empire., Pride of the Federation, Proteus, REDdit Alert, Section 08, Section 31, Shadow Force, TRIBBLE., SSOG, Starfleet M.A.C.O., Task Force Spectre, UFP
    • Total XP for Starbase (all are level 16-18): Pride of the Federation, Task Force Spectre, Jupiter Force, 44th Fleet, Access Denied, REDdit Alert, Section 31, Battle Group M.A.C.O., Federation Deepspace Operations, Inner Circle
      • Tier 5 Starbase - Task Force Spectre, Jupiter Force, Access Denied, Federation Deepspace Operations
      • Tier 5 Shipyard - 1st Aquarius Division, Access Denied, Federation Deepspace Operations, 44th Fleet, Inner Circle

Disclaimer: This list is only from what I've seen reported on forums and in-game and may not be totally inclusive.

You can add 1st Aquarius to the list of fleets with a tier 5 starbase. We finish it April 4th. :V
  • Options
    axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Shadow Force -

Embassy = T3
    Diplomacy = T3
    Recruitment T3

Starbase = T4
    Military = T4 (10k off T5)
    Engineering = T4
    Science = T4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    You can add 1st Aquarius to the list of fleets with a tier 5 starbase. We finish it April 4th. :V

Sorry for the lack of clarity as the list was only for people who have it finished already, not just paid off. Many more fleets will have it in the not too distant future, including virtually every one I mentioned in that post :)
  • Options
    saltypineapplesaltypineapple Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Add the 44th to the list of completed tier 5 starbase's. Click on the sig for verification.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
    Come Visit the 44th Fleet
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    • Total XP for Starbase (all are level 16-18): Pride of the Federation, Task Force Spectre, Jupiter Force, 44th Fleet, Access Denied, REDdit Alert, Section 31, Battle Group M.A.C.O., Federation Deepspace Operations, Inner Circle
      • Tier 5 Starbase - Task Force Spectre, Jupiter Force, Access Denied, Federation Deepspace Operations

How accurate is this list phyrexianhero? thank you for posting it
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Size. The mega-fleets with over 400 members (alphabetical): 44th Fleet, Access Denied, Ausmonauts, Battle Group M.A.C.O., Borg Syndicate, Federation Deepspace Operations, Fubar Inc, Guardians of Equestria, Inner Circle, LaFamilia, Orion.Empire., Pride of the Federation, Proteus, REDdit Alert, Section 08, Section 31, Shadow Force, TRIBBLE., SSOG, Starfleet M.A.C.O., Task Force Spectre, UFP

Total XP for Starbase (all are level 16-18): Pride of the Federation, Task Force Spectre, Jupiter Force, 44th Fleet, Access Denied, REDdit Alert, Section 31, Battle Group M.A.C.O., Federation Deepspace Operations, Inner Circle, TRIBBLE

Tier 5 structures (in order of completion)
    o Tier 5 Starbase - Task Force Spectre, Jupiter Force, Access Denied, Federation Deepspace Operations
    o Tier 5 Shipyard - 1st Aquarius Division, Access Denied, Federation Deepspace Operations, 44th Fleet, Inner Circle
    o Tier 5 Fabricator - Task Force Spectre, Jupiter Force
    o Tier 5 Communcations Array - none at present

Disclaimer: This list is only from what I've seen reported on forums and in-game and may not be totally inclusive
    Following phyrexianhero set up
    Updated by duramaster TRIBBLE added to fleet xp
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    hydrodura wrote: »
    How accurate is this list phyrexianhero? thank you for posting it

That's kind of like asking what percent of species do we know exist -- you don't truly know the total. I would imagine it's quite accurate, but there are some fleets I don't know much about -- mostly ones that are non-English-based or those that don't post on forums. The devs could easily provide a list or ranking structure, but I think they'd rather focus their energy on the May update (rightfully so).

Edit: See cerritourug's post below for example.

The XP list was only for the top ten fleets, which corresponds to having on average about 175-180 thousand XP in the three starbase tracks.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Spanish Division, with only 250 actives captains (an average of 40 or 50 players) has started the Tier 5 Shipyard construction thanks to the hard job of the staff and members.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Inner Circle will have the Tier 5 Starbase upgrade project completed by tomorrow.

Time to party! ;)
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• Options
    silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited March 2013
    shadow force now on mil tier 5 :) (lvl 17)
    and we also have shadow empire on kdf thats near t5
    i run both fleets personally, who else here can say that, non ithink.

both total over 800 members (not even counting all the ppl that came and left), and we made shadow force reserve for all fed alt toons. (we could b the largest fleet in sto, with all combined, but im not sure on that)

shadow force now over a yr old and stil growing, making friends on a daily basis.
    we see our fed and kdf fleets as one big family.
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Always nice to see my fleet battle group MACO listed for high numbers and fleet xp. We are taking it slow with tier 5, everyone wants to rush, enjoy it, untill more content is released there is NO rush. Doing it in a way to prevent having to force people to spend dilithium.

And phyrexianhero very nice un-biased list. Maco has a great pvp space and ground team, but we stay out of the queues due to alot of the idiot fleets that say they are the best, yet can only prey on PUG's :(. Any group that constantly says we have the best, are usually right they have some great players, but need to learn to be more modest because others may not view them as good. Ive run maco since launch, and its always nice to see other old fleets have lasted as long :)

Every game you have people saying they are the best, they have the best peeps and so on, really it comes to your play style and finding which group you fit in with. Truthfully its better to play with friends than just jump into some group you do not know.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    shadow force now on mil tier 5 :) (lvl 17)
    and we also have shadow empire on kdf thats near t5
    i run both fleets personally, who else here can say that, non ithink.

both total over 800 members (not even counting all the ppl that came and left), and we made shadow force reserve for all fed alt toons. (we could b the largest fleet in sto, with all combined, but im not sure on that)

shadow force now over a yr old and stil growing, making friends on a daily basis.
    we see our fed and kdf fleets as one big family.

Congratulations on hitting Tier 5 shipyard. There are actual several fleets that have Fed and KDF sides run by same person -- Section 31 and Klingon Intelligence are both run by me, and have a combined member total today at 909 (for a list of top ten combined Fed/KDF fleets, see below).

While we're a few days behind you on the shipyard, we're making very fast progress on Fed side and should have the last upgrade paid off in June :) On KDF we only have the T3 embassy upgrade left and have completed Tier 4 starbase, shipyard, fabricator, array, and transwarp.

Current Top Ten Combined Fed / KDF fleets by Starbase XP
    1. Pride of the Federation / Pride of the Empire
    2. REDdit Alert / The House of Snoo
    3. Section 31 / Klingon Intelligence
    4. Jupiter Force / House of Jupiter
    5. Task Force Spectre / The House of Spectre
    6. Fubar Inc / Crimson Fubar Inc
    7. Starfleet M.A.C.O. / KDF Honor Guard
    8. UFP / House of Kular
    9. Shadow Force / Shadow Empire
    10. Vice Squad / House of Tlhap-Jen

• Options
    mic1001mic1001 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    • Total XP for Starbase (top 10 fleets are all level 16-18): Pride of the Federation, Task Force Spectre, Jupiter Force, 44th Fleet, Access Denied, REDdit Alert, Section 31, Battle Group M.A.C.O., Federation Deepspace Operations, Inner Circle
      • Tier 5 Starbase - Task Force Spectre, Jupiter Force, Access Denied, Federation Deepspace Operations, 44th Fleet
      • Tier 5 Transwarp Conduit - none at present

I'm in a Shadow Force

made this vid way back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNDF0u6Lk-U

illustrates my current fleet, with leadership and size of the fleet. Right now fleet is tier 4 fleet with XP 18000, 3 weeks before finishing tier 5 eng.

Not sure for other fleets but had chat with Access denied where my m8 formerly a member of the Shadow Fleet currently is, he is happy in Access Denied and he gave me bit of insight, they're level 5 fleet with 18000XP just completed tier 5 2 weeks ago working on tier 5 Science right now and about month away finishing that. they have 470 members about the same size as Shadow Force.

Also I've got a friend in UFP and they're about the same as us Shadow Fleet, closely in a tight race with us, I was almost recruited by UFP, but fleet i left at the time made me cautious of joining fleets (really bad experience) and declined joining any fleets for a while.

Another friend is in Jupiter Force and they seem to be ahead of everyone else, but they have loads of issues internally, he didn't say much other than fleet cohesion isn't greatest.

I guess all large fleet suffer from that, including one I am in currently.

life i guess.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As a Pride Of The Federation/Empire founder, thanks for listing us! :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    vyconis81vyconis81 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been part of one of the top tier fleets. While it's great having been apart of it, I do like the atmosphere of some of the smaller fleets as well. No fleet will be perfect. But do feel out what you like in a fleet. It's always fun to run into a fleetmate, whether they are current or former, in STFs or other events and catch up with them. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    dan512 wrote: »
    Always nice to see my fleet battle group MACO listed for high numbers and fleet xp. We are taking it slow with tier 5, everyone wants to rush, enjoy it, untill more content is released there is NO rush. Doing it in a way to prevent having to force people to spend dilithium.

And phyrexianhero very nice un-biased list. Maco has a great pvp space and ground team, but we stay out of the queues due to alot of the idiot fleets that say they are the best, yet can only prey on PUG's :(. Any group that constantly says we have the best, are usually right they have some great players, but need to learn to be more modest because others may not view them as good. Ive run maco since launch, and its always nice to see other old fleets have lasted as long :)

Every game you have people saying they are the best, they have the best peeps and so on, really it comes to your play style and finding which group you fit in with. Truthfully its better to play with friends than just jump into some group you do not know.

So true, I am in shadow force, but have friends across few fleets, i like to play with all them. I avoid pvp cause lagg is just killing me, literally, I get such a bad lagg in pvp missions that its pointless playing it, especially if a Klingon carrier shows up or 2-3,than game is defo unplayable. Cryptic should really look at this issue or just prevent large fed and klingon carriers joining in, not sure why we get lag but we do.

Also in STF if we have more than 1 carrier on our team, things can really go laggggish...

On a side note Alex in your fleet (friend of mine) say hi to him and I like doing stf missions with hm, didn't see him lately.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Congratulations on hitting Tier 5 shipyard. There are actual several fleets that have Fed and KDF sides run by same person -- Section 31 and Klingon Intelligence are both run by me, and have a combined member total today at 909 (for a list of top ten combined Fed/KDF fleets, see below).

While we're a few days behind you on the shipyard, we're making very fast progress on Fed side and should have the last upgrade paid off in June :) On KDF we only have the T3 embassy upgrade left and have completed Tier 4 starbase, shipyard, fabricator, array, and transwarp.

Current Top Ten Combined Fed / KDF fleets by Starbase XP
    1. Pride of the Federation / Pride of the Empire
    2. REDdit Alert / The House of Snoo
    3. Section 31 / Klingon Intelligence
    4. Jupiter Force / House of Jupiter
    5. Task Force Spectre / The House of Spectre
    6. Fubar Inc / Crimson Fubar Inc
    7. Starfleet M.A.C.O. / KDF Honor Guard
    8. UFP / House of Kular
    9. Shadow Force / Shadow Empire
    10. Vice Squad / House of Tlhap-Jen

Access denied is high up, they've completed tier 5, 3-4 weeks ago should be on a final stretch for Science tier 5. Played a few missions with them, not bad fleet, like their leadership structure, where they have no clear leader more of a team, with players who contributed a great deal to the fleet given most senior positions in the fleet if they continue to be active and help out.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    that list is totally inaccurate, nor is it a race.

and our fleet also have rank based on activlty and helping out, and im not leading the fleet for a while, i let my fleet admirals run things now that we have tier5.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    that list is totally inaccurate, nor is it a race.

and our fleet also have rank based on activlty and helping out, and im not leading the fleet for a while, i let my fleet admirals run things now that we have tier5.

If it is inaccurate, instead of complainting, help. We are doing the list to congratulate fleets who have gotton to this point .This is no easy task. So less of the negativate and more on positive productive help
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    how could i help in that?
    those are not my fleets, i cant show u how active they are...

im sayin that its inaccurate, cause i never send u a picture of my fleets.
    and u cant tell what fleets are more active in chat or howmany deleted players there are in the rostor.
    or how many play on fed or kdf.
    and how old a fleet is, and when they started making a starbase, these should all be factored in IMO

the calculations for the list doesnt seem correct, u could have a maxed out starbase and 1000 ppl, but howmany of them helped out and got a fair share of the fc or are online daily.

dont get me wrong my klingon side is honored to be here, but my fed side want things to be fair.
    sorry if the english grammar is a bit off, im dutch :)

ps

we also have Shadow Force reserve (for all the alts) and we have fed and kdf fleets on tribble..