Install Arc
Options

Not US costumer !

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    kodzero wrote: »
    My point exactly Jerry,Cryptic smells like a Greedy company.There for the money.

That's kind of the whole point of capitalism. make money. Don't like what the company does? don't give them your money.

That aside, i would love it if they made a European server, because i am tired of hearing the euros in game complain about anything and everything while talking down to Americans.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SpaceFork wrote:
    That's kind of the whole point of capitalism. make money. Don't like what the company does? don't give them your money.

That aside, i would love it if they made a European server, because i am tired of hearing the euros in game complain about anything and everything while talking down to Americans.

NOBODY is after capitalism nor us citizens,so,don't try to bring a very unpleasant subject up,thank you
    ALSO do not assume extra america ppl to be moRons who never have seen a coin.

Edit ; I will had that i am guilded with maybe 80% of us ppl,wich are all very nice,including the GM who did a great job with the site and vent,and things,for no money at all,unlike some others.

Re edit;' i believe it is necessary at this point ) Unlike cryptic who launched really too soon their mmo,for a full price,with barely ONE campaing,lots of bug,lots of crashes and a lot of promesses,now,if you are ok with that,well it's beyond my understanding. But,once again,not the subject.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    NOBODY is after capitalism nor us citizens,so,don't try to bring a very unpleasant subject up,thank you
    ALSO do not assume extra america ppl to be moRons who never have seen a coin.

Edit ; I will had that i am guilded with maybe 80% of us ppl,wich are all very nice,including the GM who did a great job with the site and vent,and things,for no money at all,unlike some others.

Re edit;' i believe it is necessary at this point ) Unlike cryptic who launched really too soon their mmo,for a full price,with barely ONE campaing,lots of bug,lots of crashes and a lot of promesses,now,if you are ok with that,well it's beyond my understanding. But,once again,not the subject.

Capitalism is an unpleasant subject? And I don't assume non Americans to be morons, or assume you to be a moron, but I know that you are one.

And I'm not saying that you have anti American sentiment, but rather that I encounter it fairly often on a day to day basis, and if giving Europeans their own server would mean I don't have to run into those folks I'm all for it.

Now for your last point, I knew what this game was before I bought it. I knew what I was getting, a lot of folks who are mad did not investigate the game like they should have. Additionally I rarely run into bugs that aren't affecting everyone, and the ones I do I have seen get fixed or acknowledged by the Cryptic staff. The game was pushed out early by Atari because they wanted to start making money off it. It is still a work in progress and I'm willing to work with that as the developers are actively working with the community to improve things and I cant fault them for trying.

Now if that is something you are not willing to do, or do with out an anger fit I suggest you take your money to something more to your liking.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    edit,will do the same then.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So much bad information and worse attitudes pervading this topic. :(

Cryptic office is on the WEST coast of the US.

Server cluster for STO is on the EAST coast of the US.

Every company ever created or will be created is based on greed.

We're all greedy in that we want to entertain ourselves with expensive electronic toys and electronic games.

Now that we've established the facts, what exactly is the OP's issue? ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SpaceFork wrote:

And I'm not saying that you have anti American sentiment, but rather that I encounter it fairly often on a day to day basis, and if giving Europeans their own server would mean I don't have to run into those folks I'm all for it.

Shame on you.

Please go open a thread of your own,because i'm not liking what i'm reading there.

Please note that the subject does not reflect a people affinity problem, but a practical one.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cryptic won't give a XXXX to non Us citizen.

220-260 ms latency from Europe ,thank you very much.(I guess there is money to be made there,UE servers must be expensive).And why crash only a region while you can crash the world.

Downtime when it's conveniant for Us time; thank you very much.I'll start living on the Pst clock.

English Spoken in game,sooo, no Spanish ,french ,german.(not to mention Asia),no localized servers at all.
    You just need to make it as best as you can.You need something,too bad.

Well,i need a UE server.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shame on you.

Please go open a thread of your own,because i'm not liking what i'm reading there.

Please note that the subject does not reflect a people affinity problem, but a practical one.

Shame on me? I don't want to have my play time permeated by people who hate me for my country of origin and you say shame on me?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SpaceFork wrote:
    Shame on me? I don't want to have my play time permeated by people who hate me for my country of origin and you say shame on me?

I opened this thread to express a negative feedback to ( i believe it to be ) a greedy commecial move from Cryptic heads not allowing a cluster of servers in europe where there is a sufficient player pool to do so.Wich could have bring UE player a more enjoyable experience of the game in various way.

Somehow,you take it for you.
    Look where you are at.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Merls wrote:
    That's good! In Sydney Australia here and I get 300 - 600 on ALL my games. (Excepting any games that actually let players have their own servers - like most FPS's.)

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing I'll take 200ms lag any day over ~500ms which is what I get here in Brisbane. That and dance you have to do with providers to ensure the least number of hops to where ever the servers are located (from game to game).

I'd also love for down time to fall at about mid-day or 3am rather then 8 or 9pm but that's just crazy talk. ;)

One good thing however at least the infrastructure deployment is good enough that they don't have down time every night. That's an improvement I can get excited about.

J.

PS: It could be worse, I could live in Perth - 6pm and maybe 100ms more.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm in the UK and so far I havent noted any significant lag. I get the SERVER NOT RESPONDING message when changing zones occassionally, especailly when landing on planets, but that isnt a problem. If I found lag n space battles then I might be concerned. Server stability is more of a concern. I played other MMOs and never experienced this much down time. You would think that a company with a history of MMO development would have a better understanding of first impressions. Have bad server performance in the 30day "free" period and you usually alienate all your casual players and they are the bread and butter of MMO profits.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    all i hear is European this and European that wth live with it this game anit that bad and the crash's are somin to bark about but for me as an englishman i would have to point out Europ was and still is founded and lead by england! giving you EU morons euros as money was a stupid idea cuz now you think for your selfs :mad: put the gun to your heads and pop it if you have to ***** about mmos or just stop. and for the flamers and defenders i wont reply so up yours :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cryptic won't give a XXXX to non Us citizen.

220-260 ms latency from Europe ,thank you very much.(I guess there is money to be made there,UE servers must be expensive).And why crash only a region while you can crash the world.

Downtime when it's conveniant for Us time; thank you very much.I'll start living on the Pst clock.

English Spoken in game,sooo, no Spanish ,french ,german.(not to mention Asia),no localized servers at all.
    You just need to make it as best as you can.You need something,too bad.

Well,i need a UE server.

Um, hello?

Friday night we had scheduled downtime during PST PRIME TIME in the US. Yeah, so what about that?

Oh, no. It's all a conspiracy against you UKers.
    [/sarcasm]

:cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shuje wrote:
    all i hear is European this and European that wth live with it this game anit that bad and the crash's are somin to bark about but for me as an englishman i would have to point out Europ was and still is founded and lead by england! giving you EU morons euros as money was a stupid idea cuz now you think for your selfs :mad: put the gun to your heads and pop it if you have to ***** about mmos or just stop. and for the flamers and defenders i wont reply so up yours :D

You know, for an Englishman your use of the English language is absolutely atrocious. You should be ashamed.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My point exactly Jerry,Cryptic smells like a Greedy company.There for the money.(wait and see how the respec system will work).

They did The minimum that could be done with sto.
    ANd ,I speak for myself now,I believe the star trek license would have been in better hands with an other MMo develloper,i'm not after the devs,i'm after the board.

To Rkiver,if you do not speak english,you are missing a big lot of a community,and star trek is a big and various community.Some people just don't speak english.( i barely do).

For-profit corporations exist for the purpose of making profit. Imagine that!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pasquatic wrote:
    For-profit corporations exist for the purpose of making profit. Imagine that!

What is your point? Don't ask for better,enjoy what you have?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I opened this thread to express a negative feedback to ( i believe it to be ) a greedy commecial move from Cryptic heads not allowing a cluster of servers in europe where there is a sufficient player pool to do so.Wich could have bring UE player a more enjoyable experience of the game in various way.

Somehow,you take it for you.
    Look where you are at.

No you made a thread stating that you think the reason there is poor server stability and/or lag is because you are a foreign customer. It is an entirely false statement as downtimes occur at all hours of the day including American prime times, look at today. 3 crashes. There are others from your region that say that they have no lag so it must be a problem on your side.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm saying i want a EU server.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And so do I, however the reasons you want one will not be solved by getting other servers. They will still likely be unstable and crash at prime time, and unless I am wrong about this, they will not be maintained directly by Cryptic b/c I do not believe they have overseas offices involved in maintenance or development, further complicating things.

And again, since other from your region of the world are reporting that they are not encountering lag, its your ISP or something else between the game server and you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SpaceFork wrote:
    And again, since other from your region of the world are reporting that they are not encountering lag, its your ISP or something else between the game server and you.

Are you saying this is my fault Cryptic offers poor quality servers?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's cheaper for them to host it all locally in one place.

The ratio of greed-to-customer-service is higher than most MMO companies out there. I mean sure other companies care more about making money, but they at least realize you have to keep customers happy in order to do that. Cryptic doesn't seem to notice or care.

They got away with an equally shallow and depthless game when they made City of Heroes, so figured they could cash in on the same design using the exact same engine, again, to save money, and cough out a couple more games based on that shallow, crappy design to make a quick buck. And they did. They have probably made back multiples of their original investment already just off the initial purchases, kickbacks for pre-order deals with other companies, and the poor poor misguided suckers who got lifetime subs.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Actually it is.

Every time you pay a sub-par company to produce a sub-par product with sub-par service, you encourage them to do it again and other companies to do the same thing.

Stop paying for TRIBBLE and you'll stop getting TRIBBLE. When companies genuinely believe they have to release quality products to make money, they will only release higher quality products.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I play from Norway and if I exclude the latency between my router and computer (never get routers from D-Link...specialy not the DIR-655), I have 100-200ms ping to the server and that is good considering the distance from EU to NA.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MAybe the non english speaking community is not reading the forum.

go learn english then if you dont know how to properly speak or read english in this time then there is something wrong with your education or your simple to young to play this game.

Im a Dutch 19yo and i have NO lag, yeah well a downtime at times i dont care STO isnt my life? im jsut glad their working on the bugs and such..

my ping is 15 to a 100 at max and im NOT complaining...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ouch

Thats interesting and funny!

The ping depends from the used router?

100 ms from europe to the game server?

Well here's a cut off from a tracing, made last friday (02/12/2010) before I gave up to play any more on this evening:

12 135 ms 116 ms 102 ms ae-82-82.ebr2.frankfurt1.level3.net [4.69.140.25]

13 * 147 ms 186 ms ae-42-42.ebr2.washington1.level3.net [4.69.137.54]

14 227 ms 180 ms 176 ms ae-92-92.csw4.washington1.level3.net [4.69.134.158]

15 207 ms 211 ms 176 ms ae-31-99.car1.washington3.level3.net [4.68.17.199]

16 252 ms * 195 ms xo-communic.car1.washington3.level3.net [4.71.204.26]

17 233 ms 215 ms * vb2000d1.rar3.washington-dc.us.xo.net [207.88.13.62]

18 * 275 ms 266 ms vb6.rar3.chicago-il.us.xo.net [207.88.12.33]

19 277 ms 222 ms 239 ms ae0d0.mcr2.cambridge-ma.us.xo.net [216.156.0.30]

20 268 ms 274 ms 275 ms ae1d0.mcr1.cambridge-ma.us.xo.net [216.156.1.13]

21 280 ms 221 ms 270 ms 216.55.4.18

22 286 ms 266 ms 214 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.25]

Maybe, there was a big blizzard in DC? But a ping of 100 from Europe..? lol

I think, most of my troubles could been forgotten, if servers would placed more on the east cost near the nodes to the seacables? I know, some other companies did so with ther mmo-servers.

So all in all I'm for a server-loaction with lesser distance and less hubs!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Maxloef wrote: »
    go learn english then if you dont know how to properly speak or read english in this time then there is something wrong with your education or your simple to young to play this game.

Im a Dutch 19yo and i have NO lag, yeah well a downtime at times i dont care STO isnt my life? im jsut glad their working on the bugs and such..

my ping is 15 to a 100 at max and im NOT complaining...

Learned english 20 years ago,and i've got a dictionnary to help me make sence,least you could do is see that.
    I think your point of view is aggresive at best,and is also not worth much,sorry.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Actually it is.

Every time you pay a sub-par company to produce a sub-par product with sub-par service, you encourage them to do it again and other companies to do the same thing.

Stop paying for TRIBBLE and you'll stop getting TRIBBLE. When companies genuinely believe they have to release quality products to make money, they will only release higher quality products.

You are just right.
    I did not realise the lack of services cryptic was offering.
    But, to be franc, i would have tried at least one month,because it is a star trek.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lutetia wrote: »
    Ouch

Thats interesting and funny!

The ping depends from the used router?

100 ms from europe to the game server?

Well here's a cut off from a tracing, made last friday (02/12/2010) before I gave up to play any more on this evening:

13 * 147 ms 186 ms ae-42-42.ebr2.washington1.level3.net [4.69.137.54]

14 227 ms 180 ms 176 ms ae-92-92.csw4.washington1.level3.net [4.69.134.158]

15 207 ms 211 ms 176 ms ae-31-99.car1.washington3.level3.net [4.68.17.199]

16 252 ms * 195 ms xo-communic.car1.washington3.level3.net [4.71.204.26]

17 233 ms 215 ms * vb2000d1.rar3.washington-dc.us.xo.net [207.88.13.62]

18 * 275 ms 266 ms vb6.rar3.chicago-il.us.xo.net [207.88.12.33]

19 277 ms 222 ms 239 ms ae0d0.mcr2.cambridge-ma.us.xo.net [216.156.0.30]

20 268 ms 274 ms 275 ms ae1d0.mcr1.cambridge-ma.us.xo.net [216.156.1.13]

21 280 ms 221 ms 270 ms 216.55.4.18

22 286 ms 266 ms 214 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.25]

Maybe, there was a big blizzard in DC? But a ping of 100 from Europe..? lol

I think, most of my troubles could been forgotten, if servers would placed more on the east cost near the nodes to the seacables? I know, some other companies did so with ther mmo-servers.

So all in all I'm for a server-loaction with lesser distance and less hubs!

When using WLAN, the router can have huge impact on the latency depending on how well it can handle interference from other routers. My ping to the router can be anywhere from 1ms and all the way upto 3000ms. That can be caused by interference, internal lag in the firmware, busy prossesing other connections and few other things.

Your problem is here:

that ping is 70-100ms to much specialy if you live near Frankfurt....in that case you should check our connection at home and then ask your ISP why the ping is so high to their routers/switches.

never mind. I just saw that it was step 12 of the trace route...what was the ping on the 11 other steps that you aren't listing?
  • Options
    edited February 2010

If other people aren't having the same problems as you doesn't that make it less likely it's the servers?

before blaming cryptic maybe look to your own rig (have you checked port fwding for your firewall and router?) and the route you take to connect to the servers. Maybe your ISP traffic shapes? maybe there's a fault somewhere along that route? If so contact your ISP who may be able to assist
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ellif wrote:
    If other people aren't having the same problems as you doesn't that make it less likely it's the servers?

before blaming cryptic maybe look to your own rig (have you checked port fwding for your firewall and router?) and the route you take to connect to the servers. Maybe your ISP traffic shapes? maybe there's a fault somewhere along that route? If so contact your ISP who may be able to assist

Has far as i can tell everything works fine there,
    pinging -t ,1 ms sec router
    ,19 ms London
    ,15 ms paris
    No packet lost.
    But that is not the issue,maybe you should read a little back because you're missing some points.