test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Network performance suddenly shot

1. As of this morning, pings are all over the map, all the way out past 3200 with lows in low 100s, and netgraph shows a raft of TRIBBLE being pushed to me in large chunks, constant barrages of stuff even when I'm just sitting in dead space. On both Fed and KDF character

2. Beaming up to ship causes immediate drop to login screen, both Fed and KDF

3. Rubberbanding like a fiend, toolbars taking 15-20 secs to load once I get to space, both Fed and KDF.

4. In-sector lagspikes and "Server not Responding" countdowns followed by disconnections out to login screen

Unplayable.

Not my network, running a rock solid 90-100ms ping to the SWGEmu gameservers in Texas, I'm in Canada. EvE is fine, and dslreports reports a solid connection. My wife's also online and gaming just fine, as usual.

Help?

PS, my Mirror advanced 'scort had a complete dark mirror finish with teal-ish lighting and now it's bounced to a puke-yellow over steel thing as well as the rest of this.
Post edited by hiplyrustic on

Comments

• jeddanisjeddanis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    SAME HERE! If I map move I run the chance of disconnecting, I have also froze in the midst of PvE events and assignments. Occasionally my ship starts stuttering around like its freezing and going every half second, and its affecting my cooldowns and boff skill (scatter doesnt run/spreads dont fire) I have checked my internet and everythings as it was before I started having these issues, its pretty unplayable at this point.
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    and almost every friend I have in STO DC's as well. Game freezes...like someone hit the pause button..and boots me to the login screen. Seriously....can nobody keep this game running?
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • matthewh01matthewh01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    other thread title - Network issue resolved - I THINK NOT

Cryptic - Please fix this - for real this time!!!
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They closed the last thread saying the issue was resolved. But most of my fleet (Mostly from Australia) have been getting DC all night, up to about 2 minutes ago, it isn't resolved at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • ozzyracerozzyracer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yep just twice in a row in less than 10 minutes.... come back in lost all but a few people in the fleet
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have had 2 disconnects from the server this morning within 30 minutes.
    Devs sort this out please. Theres been too many server problems all the time.
  • ztrl1ztrl1 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This has been happening for several hours the issue is not resolved.
    Some people buy Tier 6 ships and expect to win. Other people buy Tier 6 ships and are Tier 6 pilots.
    ~Tear
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ive had about 10 disconnects in last two days and i cant connec tnow even thogh i know the server is working
    ya after spending money one the game too....
    NOT impressed.
    edited March 2013
    I have it 7 times..and while typing this...just crashed again.

Hey branflakes..how bout you know..addressing this
  • microflopmicroflop Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Getting sick of this. Aussie here as well and pay for a subscription. I should be able to play without getting kicked off and having to put up with frequent lag.

Nearly every night for the last week I have had an unacceptable amount of lag.
  • kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If by resolved they mean still happening, then yes, it's resolved.

Bleh.
    edited March 2013
    I've seen a lot of hate in game for Atari and how they ran the game. But I can say this....I have seen more negligent handling of bugs and game breaking issues under PWE then i ever did with Atari.....that and I swear the only thing that works properly in this game 100% of the time is the Microtransactions and lockboxes.
  • bookrackersbookrackers Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ive DC'd 4 times in 10 minutes....I mean really? Come on guys you'd think 3 years out of the box we'd have this figured out already.

Now when i load the launcher it times out as well...wtf mate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yep, the server is lagging, and sometimes disconnecting completely. Something is seriously wrong.
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They havent resolved jack schitt. Game is still disconnecting every 10 mins or so and booting lots of players simultaneously. Its also messing up the launcher at times as well.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ozzyracer wrote: »
    yep just twice in a row in less than 10 minutes....
    Me too. Ran some test and my internet is fine.

:confused:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited March 2013
    I swear the only thing that works properly in this game 100% of the time is the Microtransactions and lockboxes.

LOL so very true...lord forbid that goes to TRIBBLE...might see one of those unscheduled maint times pop up on us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Still happening to me, just happened 4 minutes ago. Canada here, no problems connecting anywhere else, and nothing else disconnecting.
    it's these cheap walmart brand budget servers PWE runs..I mean...look at the other games they host....some pretty bad too. :/
  • bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is US and it hasn't changed since last post been booted out multiple times and NOW I am out of STF's thanks to the boots on an hour boot due to their issues. YOU want us to do fleet mark mission instead of the IOR you could at least keep the servers up so we could accomplish that it is logical.
    edited March 2013
    The hamsters are tired
    edited March 2013
    You win Cryptic...heres my credit card....go buy something that wasn't made in china, or anything that has Fisher Price on it and make this game run on the servers you guys should have bought.

In the years Ive been with this game this has been one constant theme with the server and the disconnects.

Where is all of that money Ive been sinking into this game going to?...oh yea right I forgot..China....not to mention you guys probably have a open tab at the booby bar with a line of credit for the pole dancers.

Seriously.....if my snark makes things happen quicker Im all for the infraction.

This game was better off in the beginning when we didn't have to grind fest and there were no darned lockboxes. At least with the bugs we knew where we stood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Hopefully the borg will assimilate cryptic. At least then they'd strive for perfection..I mean good god.
    edited March 2013
    One of the hamsters died on the wheel and currently his body is flopping about while the other hamsters attempt to keep pace......He's dead Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    me too - disconnects, 5s lags, unplayable
  • racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just saw massive disconnects while in K-7, everyone in my fleet with 2 exceptions just got booted. A few minutes later we too were disconnected. I had to exit and start the launcher again, then wait for the launcher to find the servers 5 minutes. Once back in, zone was full of complainers and apologies to other people for getting disconected. I seriously think there is a monkey messing with the servers, lol.
  • adamma1701adamma1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same, huge Lag and Disconnects.
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    this happened to me too getting kicked and then the launcher failing 2 times. i read another post that claims it was fixed from ealier this evening but seems to be worst.
    edited March 2013
    I'd rather a company that gives 2 ducks about STO had picked up Cryptic....with PWE I've seen really TRIBBLE things like..new forums that cost us all our names..and the history of how long we've supported this game. Increased prices in game. lockboxes...while i cant fault them for needing a way to make money..with the amount of money i personally dump into this game.and how much i know others do....I have always wondered why we have mickey mouse servers and month to three month old bugs yet to be squashed..I think..dev team is 5 maybe 10 people. Lockbox team is 50 people....and technical support is one guy in the back..with an unplugged computer.
    edited March 2013
    Maybe Cryptic is being attacked by Godzilla? Or there is a 6 ft cockroach holding one of the techs hostage and wont free him until we give him a bottle of malt liquor and NWA's greatest hits?

Oh I know......they left waldo in charge and in a futile attempt to score with a (gotta remain PC here) mildly obese woman with a aesthetics deficit about the face and a clubbed foot, he mistakenly turned off the magnet that keeps the etch a sketch in sync with the servers gerbil wheel...

Or waldo had to use the bathroom and locked himself in there....ya thats it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]