Comments

• Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you cryptic
  • Options
    amphil28amphil28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you Cryptic! This will improve things nicely.

Thank you for listening to your players.
    Characters:
    T'Shara / Ten
    Inara / Aurora
    D'Rhai (Fed) / S'Elandrei (KDF)
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    trek21 wrote: »
    Because some of us understand that coding fixes for things can take time, therefore 'quickly' can elongate easily ;)

But all joking aside, why is having an immediate replacement for a removal that big of an issue, and why did it require 'extra emphasis NEVER should have happened in the first place' speech?

I'm curious here. But I admit, it sounds similar to a spoiled child asking why it's taking so long, when the average person would expect that amount of waiting imo

Personal attacks aside, Stahl admitted in his apology, that a "Fleet Mark replacement" should've been put in place at the same time as it's Foundry removal. So why bring up this whole "you sound like a spoiled kid" analogy?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    meurik wrote: »
    Personal attacks aside, Stahl admitted in his apology, that a "Fleet Mark replacement" should've been put in place at the same time as it's Foundry removal. So why bring up this whole "you sound like a spoiled kid" analogy?
    Eh, it was a question that I don't really need an answer to anymore.

Dstahl apologized, things are more-or-less back to normal, and that's all that needs to be said, I think
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Because some of us understand that coding fixes for things can take time, therefore 'quickly' can elongate easily ;)

But all joking aside, why is having an immediate replacement for a removal that big of an issue, and why did it require 'extra emphasis NEVER should have happened in the first place' speech?

I'm curious here. But I admit, it sounds similar to a spoiled child asking why it's taking so long, when the average person would expect that amount of waiting imo

No offense man, but I don't remember you being appointed the grand arbiter of what constitutes "that big of an issue."

If something occurs that never should have occured, than any length of time to correct the issue is going to seem too long. If you don't see what occured as a problem, why post at all on the matter and try to belittle those that do see the issue as a problem to being "similar to a spoiled child"?

And when the EP admits it was a boneheaded move that could have been easily avoided had just the slightest regard to the feedback they received before Cryptic made the change been heeded, maybe your should pause to consider that just because you don't find something to be a problem, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't actually a problem.

TL/DR version: Dan sacked up and apologized. That tells me he understands where this last week was completely unnecessary, even if you don't apparently understand it.
    Eh, it was a question that I don't really need an answer to anymore.

Yes, throw out the bait and then when called on it, play the rhetorical question card. There is a name for that when it occurs in internet forums, isn't there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good update. just wish this had been added last week and saved a lot of anger but we got there in the end.

and pvp updates woot.

Thanks cryptic and what captainrevo1 said. Will be back after the patch.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    No offense man, but I don't remember you being appointed the grand arbiter of what constitutes "that big of an issue."

If something occurs that never should have occured, than any length of time to correct the issue is going to seem too long. If you don't see what occured as a problem, why post at all on the matter and try to belittle those that do see the issue as a problem to being "similar to a spoiled child"?

And when the EP admits it was a boneheaded move that could have been easily avoided had just the slightest regard to the feedback they received before Cryptic made the change been heeded, maybe your should pause to consider that just because you don't find something to be a problem, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't actually a problem.

TL/DR version: Dan sacked up and apologized. That tells me he understands where this last week was completely unnecessary, even if you don't apparently understand it.

Yes, throw out the bait and then when called on it, play the rhetorical question card. There is a name for that when it occurs in internet forums, isn't there?
    Oh, I understand, I simply don't understand how anyone can see it as a big issue. An issue, yes, but not this big of one.

And either way, I asked a question, not asserted that my opinion was the right one :confused: Plus, I think enough's been said about it on this thread, so let's just stop there
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Oh, I understand, I simply don't understand how anyone can see it as a big issue. An issue, yes, but not this big of one.

And either way, I asked a question, not asserted that my opinion was the right one :confused: Plus, I think enough's been said about it on this thread, so let's just stop there

Continue to minimize the valid opinions of others and then end the post with "lets just stop there."

Again, the bait is thrown, followed by an attempt to halt any pushback.

What is the term I am looking for? You know, that thing they call it when someone does this in a thread... Now its going to bug me until I think of the word. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    Continue to minimize the valid opinions of others and then end the post with "lets just stop there."

Again, the bait is thrown, followed by an attempt to halt any pushback.

What is the term I am looking for? You know, that thing they call it when someone does this in a thread... Now its going to bug me until I think of the word. :rolleyes:
    Troll?

Well, if that's the word, then you're wrong. I don't do this for the fun of it; I do it because I have questions, want to express opinions, and so on.

And right now, I feel I've derailed this thread enough, which is why I said let's stop.
    Was named Trek17.

• Options
    silverrain79silverrain79 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, it was a week late, but thank you. As do my fleetmates. Now if we could just make the gameplay more dynamic... I hate the fact that I know every enemy, every map, every time. Is there not a way to make the enemies a bit smarter? Not just stronger? Hive Onslaught Elite, it's the only space STF I find even remotely challenging... But It's not, it's just overkill. As a friend of mine said... "It's six tac cubes, two unimatrixis, and the borg queen... All set to the backdrop of a timer while you try not to die." And get rid of the Houston, all that idiotic thing does is aggro everything on the map. Who thought THAT was a good idea? If there were friendly fire I'd subnuc it and let it die in the middle of all six cubes while it's FAW'ing it's little heart out.

Oh.

Now there's an idea, then we could frag afk'ers... But that really wouldn't solve the problem, they'd still get their marks, however it sure would make me feel better. I'm curious, does anyone even read the reports we submit on those jerks?

Anyway, I do appreciate you listening to us and upping the fleet marks. And please, for the love of the gods, no more ninja nerfing. Talk to us, ask us what we need... What we like.. What we dislike... Let us help you make this game awesome and avoid any future "misunderstandings". Now, let's get on that dilithium refining cap problem... Shall we? ;-)
    Delirium Tremens
    XO of Training
    Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
    Join us at www.dtfleet.com
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    meurik wrote: »
    You have a strange definition of something "quick" ...

considering how stahl said changes to fleet mark rewards for existing fleet content would be coming in the following months in his post on the subject, i personally consider a week later to be very quick
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    issvanoraissvanora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When will we see the STF gear fixed pretty please with a cherry on top :( Mainly the Be'Ves chest option for KDF females and the accolades that arnt working / updating. And other reputation problems the bug forum has several topics about the problem
  • Options
    goldendharmnygoldendharmny Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Frist they put a timer on it now they give more marks. Something Stinks.
    "Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Frist they put a timer on it now they give more marks. Something Stinks.

i'm assuming the 'it' is nukara considering the post's title...i think it's all that sulpher you're smelling :P
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not only that, in Vault: Ensnared you got those two nebula ships that likes to not count. In Colony Invasion they still havn't fixed those Diplomats. And there are a couple of KDF Fleet / Embassy dailies that still have problems.

On the Diplomats. I have found that if you come to a complete stop and let your character go into a normal standing position (not the just stopped running one) and then interact with the Diplomat it will give you credit every time. Of course you cant be shot or disturbed while its happening or you have a good chance of losing credit as well. Its REALLY touchy.

On the 3rd Diplomat just let them run around till they stop moving and are in one spot THEN do the above.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    On the Diplomats. I have found that if you come to a complete stop and let your character go into a normal standing position (not the just stopped running one) and then interact with the Diplomat it will give you credit every time. Of course you cant be shot or disturbed while its happening or you have a good chance of losing credit as well. Its REALLY touchy.

On the 3rd Diplomat just let them run around till they stop moving and are in one spot THEN do the above.

If they did proper QA and/or listened to the feedback they got from Tribble when testing that season before release, a stand-just-right-while holding-your-jaw-in-just-a-certain-manner workaround wouldn't be required.

Or, if they prioritized fixing the already in-game broken things more than pushing out more new broken things, this would have been addressed months ago.

I like that there is a workaround, and I appreciate others sharing it. I just wish that at some point after these issues are identified, they were...you know...fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]