test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tehjonel wrote: »
    there. increased fleet marks. can we please close this thread and burn it?

There's always that one guy :rolleyes:

Refer to post 2311. It's more than Fleet Marks that is the issue. But this is an attempt to address them.

However I guarentee another thread will pop up detailing the issues laid out in post 2311.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • walkincrowwalkincrow Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's good to see the rewards increasing for the fleet missions, but for players like me who have run these missions hundred's of times, it doesn't change the fact that I don't want to play these missions anymore. The former IOR system allowed me to earn rewards on my own terms while at the same time discovering new content. Simply put, I am tired of grinding the same missions over and over and over, regardless of the rewards.
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013

This thread has nothing to do with fleet marks,

Please refer yourself to post #2311

And if this thread is closed I will just press ahead with opening one dedicated to identifying the issues with the game and solutions players put forward for them. Indeed I think this is probably the best thing to do in the future anyways.

For me this increase in FM rewards in other areas is meaningless due to the destruction of small fleets by Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This thread has nothing to do with fleet marks,

You need to check your wording. This thread has plenty to do with fleet marks.
    edited February 2013
    You need to check your wording. This thread has plenty to do with fleet marks.

This thread wasn't about Fleet Marks it was about the way the Developers went about interacting with the community about the changes they made to Fleet Marks.

In addition the issue about Fleet Marks is just a symptom of a much wider disease which stems for imbalance in the game between the supply/time curve and input costs... as well as myriad other problems with this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The new patch just addresses a small amount of items addressed by us here!

One small step in the right direction, but still does not address the 3 years of broken promises, nor does it do anything to stop the direction towards "mindless" grinding on the "Farm"!

No new content, no fixing the bugs that still exist and have existed for years, no finishing the KDF faction, etc.

Now I know there will be those that sing the "company" song and think that everything is as "it should be", but really... do you really think that with this overwhelming outcry of dissatisfaction from us, the customers, that this is enough of a response?

Maybe the devs and the "overlords" need to re-read what Dan posted so long ago...

Originally Posted by dastahl
    "If you can't have fun, then what is the point?"

Is there anything in the new "fixes" that really bring FUN back and reduce the grinding?

PWE/Cryptic Where are you? Why do you NOT listen to your Customers?

PWE/Cryptic Stop the FARM, Bring back the FUN!

Zeus
    edited February 2013
    This thread wasn't about Fleet Marks it was about the way the Developers went about interacting with the community about the changes they made to Fleet Marks.

In addition the issue about Fleet Marks is just a symptom of a much wider disease which stems for imbalance in the game between the supply/time curve and input costs... as well as myriad other problems with this game.

You're talking to someone who has been here since post 1 (technically post 2, but I digress). This entire mess was born of fleet marks, and the resulting insanity that ensued after Stahl's...comments.

It may have morphed and grown in the last 2500 posts, but that doesn't change the fact that fleet marks are, and were, an integral part of this thread. Pretending otherwise is incredibly shortsighted and self-serving.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Nope - this thread should have never existed in the first place - it's a result of Cryptic's shockingly poor communication and mismanagement - the Fleet Marks issue may go away but this fixes nothing of the underlying cause for this thread.

In fact, if anything, adding Fleet Marks to the Tribble build and 'informing' us in this way (i.e. not saying a damn thing and hoping we'll all go away) is contemptible behaviour from the EP of this game.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
    edited February 2013
    zeus16nbs wrote: »
    Just a small amount of items addressed by us here!

One small step in the right direction, but still does not address the 3 years of broken promises, nor does it do anything to stop the direction towards "mindless" grinding on the "Farm"!

No new content, no fixing the bugs that still exist and have existed for years, no finishing the KDF faction, etc.

Now I know there will be those that sing the "company" song and think that everything is as "it should be", but really... do you really think that with this overwhelming outcry of dissatisfaction from us, the customers, that this is enough of a response?

Maybe the devs and the "overlords" need to re-read what Dan posted so long ago...

"If you can't have fun, then what is the point?"

Is there anything in the new "fixes" that really bring FUN back and reduce the grinding?

PWE/Cryptic Where are you? Why do you NOT listen to your Customers?

PWE/Cryptic Stop the FARM, Bring back the FUN!

Zeus

This is just the beginning and really all this needed to be said back at the advent of Season 7, most of us foolishly were appeased by the return of Dilithium and lowering of time-gates, but now most have us have awoken to the fact that any piece-meal appeasement by the developers will not fix the structural problems with the game that a re driving so many of us away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You're talking to someone who has been here since post 1 (technically post 2, but I digress). This entire mess was born of fleet marks, and the resulting insanity that ensued after Stahl's...comments.

It may have morphed and grown in the last 2500 posts, but that doesn't change the fact that fleet marks are, and were, an integral part of this thread. Pretending otherwise is incredibly shortsighted and self-serving.

A tree grows from a seed. While that seed is part of the cause of the tree, you wouldn't call the tree a seed once it has grown and taken root.
    I need a beer.

• linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As I mentioned in a thread that was closed:
    The team is working many hours a week and addressing feedback and building our biggest update ever. If you can't have fun, then what is the point?

rofl... You have over 2,000 posts within this thread that are saying "Star Trek: Online" is no longer fun. As a result of Cryptic: creating endless grinding, nerfing rewards, nerfing content, not making enough resources available, ignoring the kdf faction, abandoning featured episodes, ignoring PvP, not showing empathy or effort to help small fleets, not reducing resource requirements, creating too many currencies, changing the rules every other day, and publicly reducing the consumer to a mathematical problem, you guys took the fun out of "Star Trek: Online".

While many of us are buying endless zen, you damaged "Star Trek: Online" with endless grinding.

Your team should be fired.

I invested over $200 into "Star Trek: Online" (zen purchases), for I liked what I saw and experienced in Season Five. ...and, I believed in the potential of this game. Even though many 'promises' never came true, I still invested money into your game. Why? I bought into the idea that "Star Trek: Online's" better days are ahead. Was I wrong?

You want players to do your dirty work. Look at the foundry spotlight and PvP boot camp. Instead of trying to solve these issues in house, you hid behind other players to save face. People are investing into "Star Trek: Online" because they believe in you, and you let groups of loyal "Star Trek" fans down.
    But if this bothers you then just ignore it.
    ...and, that is exaclty what you did to 'paying zen' and 'paying subscribers'. You ignored them.

Giving everyone a sale on zen will not solve these issues.

Cryptic told us the future of "Star Trek: Online", players invested, and then the developers delivered something entirely different.

Cryptic needs to take some personal responsibility.
    Other words, the issues before us are much more complicated.

All of the problems with "Star Trek: Online" piled up, and then everything exploded across the forums.
    edited February 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    Other words, the issues before us are much more complicated.

But no less resolvable. Much more difficult yes, but still fixable.
    I need a beer.

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Then start a new more organized thread , this one is a hot mess.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't forget that these are TRIBBLE notes, they may or may not match what goes to Holodeck. I expect that they will be a little more QA on this b4 it hits public, I'll be watching the tribble forum with my fingers crossed that this retrofitted patch works and doesn't leave any new issues in its wake.
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
    edited February 2013

No this thread was about how Cryptic handled their communication to players about the changes to Fleet Marks, the parent of this thread that got closed was about the initial player reaction to Fleet Marks being removed.

It is neither self-serving or shortsighted, but the truth, that is why it was was started by Stahl. Also it serves me no purpose marginalize fleet mark complaints as I see them as part of the problem so why would I bother to do so?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

and which thread *isn't* a hot mess when it gets past 5 posts?
    This one serves the purpose just fine imo.
    I need a beer.

edited February 2013
    But no less resolvable. Much more difficult yes, but still fixable.
    I agree. Cryptic can easily fix these issues.

Its just a matter of, 'will they?'

*shrugs*

We will have to wait and see.
    edited February 2013
    No this thread was about how Cryptic handled their communication to players about the changes to Fleet Marks, the parent of this thread that got closed was about the initial player reaction to Fleet Marks being removed.

Did you actually bother to read anything posted in the first 100 pages?
    Also it serves me no purpose marginalize fleet mark complaints as I see them as part of the problem so why would I bother to do so?

Because you can't seem to admit that you made a statement that is 100% factually wrong?

A tree grows from a seed. While that seed is part of the cause of the tree, you wouldn't call the tree a seed once it has grown and taken root.

True enough, but a flower doesn't stop being a flower once it's not longer in bloom. The fleet holding system, exemplified by Fleet Marks and the issues attached to them, is still a problem. It's still an issue. It's still a focus of this thread. People just can't come in and rant anymore about there being zero means to gain a respectable stack of FMs in a not excruciating period of time.

Painful yes, excruciating no.
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yeah, you guys are full of it. this was totally about fleet marks. in the end, everyone was venting about their dissatisfaction at the way cryptic handled things. but let's be clear, this all started because of the fleet marks. if it wasn't, no one would be cheering them on in the latest tribble notes.

"refer to post 2311." give me a break. this is just like every other thread that's past 3 pages: *****, nag, moan. i'm not going to wade through this cesspool of misplaced outrage from a community of gamers who don't know how good of a situation they have here on sto compared to any other good mmo.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    and which thread *isn't* a hot mess when it gets past 5 posts?
    This one serves the purpose just fine imo.

anyone who wants to spread the word of the problems in this game and uses this thread is not going to get their message when everything is all over the place and unorganized.

Who starts a protest and is going to spread the word when you have to go around searching through that mess when a new thread can be organized with everything laid out in the front of the page.

but hey I'm not starting a "revolution".

just my two EC
    GwaoHAD.png
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yeah, you guys are full of it. this was totally about fleet marks. in the end, everyone was venting about their dissatisfaction at the way cryptic handled things. but let's be clear, this all started because of the fleet marks. if it wasn't, no one would be cheering them on in the latest tribble notes.

"refer to post 2311." give me a break. i'm not going to wade through this cesspool of misplaced outrage from a community of gamers who don't know how good of a situation they have here on sto compared to any other good mmo.

So you are quick to pass judgement but won't even read one post. And we are supposed to give a darn about whatever you have to say if you can't even be bothered to read one simple post?

And exactly how good do we have it here? I wasn't aware forking over money for new shinnies with no new content to use them on and the same bugs that have been around for years constitutes a good arangement.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
    edited February 2013
    Did you actually bother to read anything posted in the first 100 pages?

Because you can't seem to admit that you made a statement that is 100% factually wrong?

True enough, but a flower doesn't stop being a flower once it's not longer in bloom. The fleet holding system, exemplified by Fleet Marks and the issues attached to them, is still a problem. It's still an issue. It's still a focus of this thread. People just can't come in and rant anymore about there being zero means to gain a respectable stack of FMs in a not excruciating period of time.

Painful yes, excruciating no.

So if my statement is 100% factually wrong then you are saying that my point that the thread was started by the developers to address their lack of communication about FM changes aaand the resultant posts about that poor communication in this thread in the 1st 100 pages is 100% not true, when clearly that is not the case.

If you were to say 60% wrong or 30% wrong so something your point would actually have some validity.

But getting into an argument over something as trivial as this when there are far greater issues we can be constructively discussing is a waste of type and bits.

Actually someone already did the maths on that and a 25 man fleet playing casually would take 2 years to advance their fleet to fruition (not including any new fleet content) So yes it's excruciating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Well the thing is...

The thread was started not by a player or a forum Troll, but by the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER of STO, now in my book that makes this thread his.

As he has decided to let it run, maybe that's what we should do?

Maybe, just maybe PWE/CRYPTIC/Devs etc. are actually using this as a way of measuring the mood to not just the original VDM patch, but also to any further changes.

I figured it was more a heated mass than a hot mess, ah semantics...
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
    edited February 2013

*SNIPPY SNIPPY*

True enough, but a flower doesn't stop being a flower once it's not longer in bloom. The fleet holding system, exemplified by Fleet Marks and the issues attached to them, is still a problem. It's still an issue. It's still a focus of this thread.

You have read this thread from page 100 onwards then I trust? Because people on here began to realise that the whole "fleet marks" debacle was just a symptom of the rot. While it is a part of the problem there is a greater issue at stake here. The fact that many players here feel disrespected and downright offended at the treatment we have had.
    Add to that the unprofessional and down right insulting posts from the powers that be regarding this issue and you have a very nasty situation. This is simply not healthy for the game or the reputation of the company.
    I need a beer.

edited February 2013
    I am not cheering them on.

Link: See My Post Here

Even though they up ticked the fleet marks, the tribble update is a very-very-very tiny step towards what needs to be done.

You need to read the several posts in this thread. It goes way beyond fleet marks.
    edited February 2013

"refer to post 2311." give me a break. this is just like every other thread that's past 3 pages: *****, nag, moan. i'm not going to wade through this cesspool of misplaced outrage from a community of gamers who don't know how good of a situation they have here on sto compared to any other good mmo.

*sniff* I smell a troll.
    Better not feed it anymore.

Opinions are all well and good, but when the post put forward as 'opinion' is more of a rant with an aggressive tone, one has to wonder whether said post is truly meant as a constructive past of the discussion. In this case, I think not.

My assertion stands.
    I need a beer.

edited February 2013

This post is why Cryptic feel perfectly fine with taking their paying customers for a ride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • ofallonofallon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Phyrexianhero, Great post. Very good report on Fleet Marks and I would like to add the Analytical Truth. The system was fine because it was not exploited by many but rather the few. If Cryptic continues to ignore Multi-Box'ing and the ability to earn 4x's the rewards at once by a single player, then this will be a broken system continually nerfe'd or band-aided.

What worked -) We as a Fleet created a UGC designed to work on New Romulus cohesively with the ground map. In this UGC, one or a group needs to scan, search, repair or return 3 items on five of the eight outdoor areas while doing the dailies on New Romulus. We did not continuously run this mission every thirty minutes, rather once a day on all our toons as a "FLEET" then went on to other content. The name of it is "~New Romulus Assistance~ and quite frankly IOR's need to go back to 20 hr cool down. For now it is to grind dilithium as a reason to play UGC's not story content.

What is the current exploit now under current conditions - If a variant version of the aforementioned mission was created three different ways, You CAN load all four missions at once and get *Four* times the reward. This the current exploit in UGC development for Dilithuim. When you can earn more Dilithuim the longer you play a UGC then the exploits will be found. This is an example of just one of the exploits available.

Possible Solution: The Holodeck in SB's is a holding place for an upgrade obviously. Let it be the Gate-Way to missions that reward Fleet Marks. 1) Wherein, a *Fleet Member can access a variant of regular missions that reward Fleet Marks instead of the normal reward table, or 2) Allow Fleets to create their own for this purpose and playable thru the Holodeck. If not in a Fleet then only way to stockpile FM's is thru the Public Que of missions currently rewarding FM's.

In closing, I ask this simple question, " Do we as a Fleet need to recruit players based on their ability to grind Fleet Marks for 2.5 hours a day 3 days a week and to hell with the fellowship and friendships that come from the community the *Fleet is ?" My answer is no. Nothing in the SB's or Holdings is a Game Breaker and is not a requirement to participate in when playing STO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    So if my statement is 100% factually wrong then you are saying that my point that the thread was started by the developers to address their lack of communication about FM changes aaand the resultant posts about that poor communication in this thread in the 1st 100 pages is 100% not true, when clearly that is not the case.

Read what you wrote:
    This thread has nothing to do with fleet marks

Now tell me what in that statement is correct.
    Actually someone already did the maths on that and a 25 man fleet playing casually would take 2 years to advance their fleet to fruition (not including any new fleet content) So yes it's excruciating.

Again, you seem to have a problem reading what people are putting up.

Here's what I wrote:
    People just can't come in and rant anymore about there being zero means to gain a respectable stack of FMs in a not excruciating period of time.

Nowhere did I say that the fleet holding system isn't completely fubared for small and average sized fleets. The only statement that I made was that with the changes currently on Tribble, players will be able to get more fleet marks faster than they could with IOR. The downside is that they have to do it on incredibly dated, boring and repetitive missions.

Therefore: painful, not excruciating.
    edited February 2013
    Read what you wrote:

Therefore: painful, not excruciating.

I assume that you assume that all players are made equal and that they all have equal ability and equal time to invest into the game?

page 250 btw. Post #2500 is on it's way I think.

As soon as I say that, it goes dead. Sods law! xD
    I need a beer.

This discussion has been closed.