test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Foundry/ Fleet Mark Reward Changes

Comments

• tribbleorlfltribbleorlfl Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Personally, this won't affect me at all. My fleet actually likes running the fleet alerts, blockades, etc, and I have no problem getting marks from the cxp report turn-ins. Plus, I've been burned too many times with craptastic foundry missions that I don't even bother w/ the spotlight missions or (former) officer report daily.

That being said, I understand the small fleeter's concern their main, consistent source of fm's is being eliminated. If these rewards were removed in one place, they need to be added elsewhere. Otherwise, it looks like Cryptic is manipulating its customers, and that's something I have a real problem with.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nowhere have I said that I want it to be my way, I just want the option to play it a certain way.

Now, I have no option. I pretty much have to play it their way; over long and over done for limited reward for my time investment.

The evidence showing the disent of Foundry authors has already been linked to in this thread.

Here's an analogy to help you along.

You are standing in queue for a epic concert.

You see some folks that are not interested in the queue, so they decide just to push through the crowd to the front.

A angry scuffle ensues, and the concert security decide to bar the entrance from any further admittance.

The group that pushed they way to the front, now blaming the rest of the queue, shout "If you had just let us in we wouldn't have a problem, now would we...."

Seem fair?
  • wenom4wenom4 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    this is for PWE good step to fckd up the game and they still try to do that ... this is not anymore Star Trek Online this is now Grind Trek Online ... too bad crYptic leave us to this unPWE
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You know ... I do not see the new daily foundry mission in the mission journal at all and I just ran a Foundry mission to make sure you don't get it automatically.

Nothing for regular Foundry missions?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kevaldt wrote: »
    No blind rage, ive stated my rather logical point of view already in previous posts, but poeple calling this an exploit are just dumb, it was an exploit because Cryptic made it one, all they had to do was kick the timer back to 24 hours and we would still be cool.

The fleet marks are the only reason I continued to do the foundry missions, now they have made it extremely hard to get them, since the PVE actions suck for mark output.

By your logic, the fleet actions are an exploit, something I can do every half hour to get marks... maybe they should nerf that too, oh wait, the output is such TRIBBLE that no one wants to play them.

I never mentioned the word exploit anywhere in my post. I merely stated that the reward had a detrimental effect on other sources of FM as they weren't popping as often due to people choosing to run Foundry missions over doing other PvE content for FM.

If you're going to accuse me of something, at least accuse me of the correct thing.
  • marielangmarielang Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thanks cryptic for remove fleet marks form foundry missions. afterall we didnt have enough to grind for. the Cryptic Fun Suckers Strike Agian.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    genhauk wrote: »
    You know ... I do not see the new daily foundry mission in the mission journal at all and I just ran a Foundry mission to make sure you don't get it automatically.

Nothing for regular Foundry missions?

Did the mission qualify for rewards? I ran a mission on tribble and got 1440 dilithium, rewarded when the review box popped up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wenom4wenom4 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thx to God PWE dont make houses my will fall crash or somethin worse in 2 days
  • jarheardjarheard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i hope a huge amount of people would voice their complain at this step about the fleet marks

taking them away on top of earlier taking dili options out of foundry is making a lot of fleeties wanting to drop the game but first and foremost dropping kdf base progress to almost a complete halt

we kdf players by nature are more loner in our grind...less likely to go into pug teams
    the foundry was the best source for FM ...you taking it away from what ever reasons you had is simply unacceptable

its enough that tier V projects needs almost 100 of a few doffs - a task immensly difficult to comply , but when it needs 12k fm per certain project making it impossible

plz take it back
  • solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wenom4 wrote: »
    thx to God PWE dont make houses my will fall crash or somethin worse in 2 days

It's okay, once NW is released, this game will become like CO.

NW will become their new Cash cow;)
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

You see some folks that are not interested in the queue, so they decide just to push through the crowd to the front.

A angry scuffle ensues, and the concert security decide to bar the entrance from any further admittance.

The group that pushed they way to the front, now blaming the rest of the queue, shout "If you had just let us in we wouldn't have a problem, now would we...."

Seem fair?

Extremely bad analogy. We aren't talking about people standing in line to get anything with real dollars.

This is about another way to get FM, and a reason to play Foundry.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So if I'm understanding this right, no more Fleet Marks for Foundry missions.

Well thank you very much. For nothing.

I don't run fleet events. Rather it's difficult because I always run into lag. And they're a drain.

I liked the fix they came up with for the Foundry in season seven. I was able to run GOOD missions, like story missions, that were very fun, and I was also able to earn fleet marks and dilithium to contribute to my fleet. It was win win and eased the burden of the grind, and yes it is a burden.

I had just started into the Olympus series.

This is...a deeply disappointing development.

Raging isn't going to help and I'm still going to play. But this is a kick in the jewels to people who just aren't that thrilled with enforced team play being welded to advancement.

By untying the Foundry missions from the do three a day, and converting it into something where playing a meaningful mission gave a meaningful reward I thought that they had actually solved the problem. I was at an "it ain't broke don't fix it" point. Well I guess that's what I get for thinking.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • pwemetaqpwemetaq Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    Add more fun, not more grind. There is so much I'd want to do each day I log on, but grind takes away my time.

I want to explore the quadrant and seek out new life... No, I'd better go slave away mining.

I want to discuss Star Trek or roleplay my characters... No, I'd better be doing something to benefit myself or my fleet.

I want to PvP... No, I'd better grind reputation marks so I can get competitive gear.

I want to be creative and make new characters... No, my main characters will suffer if I don't maintain their grinds.

I want my fleet to enjoy working together and try different activities... No, it isn't efficient or fun to work together anymore.

I want to do so many things, but end up needing to focus on:
    1. The Dilithium Grind - Needed for reputation gear, fleet gear, and fleet projects.
    2. The Reputation Grind - Needed to remain competitive.
    3. The Duty Officer Grind - Needed to remain competitive, and also provides a decent source of Energy Credits.
    4. The Fleet Mark Grind - Needed to advance my fleet.

As the leader of a smaller fleet, I find many members are torn between working on personal progression and fleet progression. I have watched as the number of regular contributors to fleet holdings went from almost 100% to 50% to only a select few. My fleet members have limited time to play, and end up choosing to focus their efforts on improving their own characters instead of the fleet. Want to hold a fleet social event? Good luck. Everyone is too busy grinding their Omega or Dilithium. I thought the goal of MMOs was to build a game that improves a social experience, not provide a game where advancement occurs at the expense of the social experience.

I think Fleet progress should be similar to reputation progress.
    1. No project takes longer than twenty hours, and upgrades take even less time.
    2. There should be at least two XP-only projects for each fleet holding subsection, and neither of them should require dilithium.
    3. Upgrade projects should also not require dilithium.
    4. The only projects that should require dilithium should be the projects that lead to unlocks and requisitions, just like it is with the reputation system.
    5. There needs to be ways to earn greater amounts of Fleet Marks in shorter times.

Small fleets need goals that are readily obtainable even if they're composed of mostly casual players. Individually, the reputation system does this, but as a fleet, the fleet holdings do not. Time-gate progression if you must, but do not make it harder to obtain the necessary inputs. If anything, make it easier. Changes like removing an easier source of Fleet Marks put small fleets one step closer to growing discouraged and breaking up. Folks want their T4/T5 fleet gear, and are willing to pay for it if we'd just have an easier road access. What we don't have is more time for more grind.

Yep! Couldn't have said this better!
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Seem fair?

if you're saying what I think you're saying, wouldn't a more apt analogy have the concert promoters not only condoning the queue jumpers initially, but actually roping off a path to help them forward?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Did the mission qualify for rewards? I ran a mission on tribble and got 1440 dilithium, rewarded when the review box popped up.

Tribble being the operative word. We all know how Thursday patchings go around here...

Didn't pay me and I ran the only Spotlight I saw in the list.

Also, the Borg Doffs really are borked.

One step forward, two steps back...
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    darthwoo wrote: »
    if you're saying what I think you're saying, wouldn't a more apt analogy have the concert promoters not only condoning the queue jumpers initially, but actually roping off a path to help them forward?

IMO, no. They just didn't enforce "no queue jumping", but let those who did get in first. Now they are finally getting around to doing so, and people are unhappy.

But rather than blame the owners of the venue, the bouncers, etc, they're turning to the weedy little guy at the front of the line who was feebly protesting and blaming him. Because he's clearly the one at fault, not the owners and their goon squad. (Even if he's really not, because who do you think you have a better chance of beating in a fight?)
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    darthwoo wrote: »

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost

Wait...I can't even talk about [pre-redacted]?
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »

No review box popped up. Does that mean you can't repeat em?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • drestandrestan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    Add more fun, not more grind. There is so much I'd want to do each day I log on, but grind takes away my time.

I want to explore the quadrant and seek out new life... No, I'd better go slave away mining.

I want to discuss Star Trek or roleplay my characters... No, I'd better be doing something to benefit myself or my fleet.

I want to PvP... No, I'd better grind reputation marks so I can get competitive gear.

I want to be creative and make new characters... No, my main characters will suffer if I don't maintain their grinds.

I want my fleet to enjoy working together and try different activities... No, it isn't efficient or fun to work together anymore.

I want to do so many things, but end up needing to focus on:
    1. The Dilithium Grind - Needed for reputation gear, fleet gear, and fleet projects.
    2. The Reputation Grind - Needed to remain competitive.
    3. The Duty Officer Grind - Needed to remain competitive, and also provides a decent source of Energy Credits.
    4. The Fleet Mark Grind - Needed to advance my fleet.

As the leader of a smaller fleet, I find many members are torn between working on personal progression and fleet progression. I have watched as the number of regular contributors to fleet holdings went from almost 100% to 50% to only a select few. My fleet members have limited time to play, and end up choosing to focus their efforts on improving their own characters instead of the fleet. Want to hold a fleet social event? Good luck. Everyone is too busy grinding their Omega or Dilithium. I thought the goal of MMOs was to build a game that improves a social experience, not provide a game where advancement occurs at the expense of the social experience.

I think Fleet progress should be similar to reputation progress.
    1. No project takes longer than twenty hours, and upgrades take even less time.
    2. There should be at least two XP-only projects for each fleet holding subsection, and neither of them should require dilithium.
    3. Upgrade projects should also not require dilithium.
    4. The only projects that should require dilithium should be the projects that lead to unlocks and requisitions, just like it is with the reputation system.
    5. There needs to be ways to earn greater amounts of Fleet Marks in shorter times.

Small fleets need goals that are readily obtainable even if they're composed of mostly casual players. Individually, the reputation system does this, but as a fleet, the fleet holdings do not. Time-gate progression if you must, but do not make it harder to obtain the necessary inputs. If anything, make it easier. Changes like removing an easier source of Fleet Marks put small fleets one step closer to growing discouraged and breaking up. Folks want their T4/T5 fleet gear, and are willing to pay for it if we'd just have an easier road access. What we don't have is more time for more grind.

Best post Ive read all day.
  • admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well Devs just go to ESD and see all the anger at this change, And after reading all the posts here it looks like 3 people like it, (i'm not going to call them out ) and the rest hate it. So how long until we get the IOR back with the reward it previously had? Or many would be happy to have rewards increased in other missions and the Foundry can just wither away. As it sits the Foundry will no get used anymore except for Authors playing other Authors missions and then posting about it on the Foundry forum. If they want the Foundry all to themselves fine. We just want our source of FM back.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hfmudd wrote: »
    IMO, no. They just didn't enforce "no queue jumping", but let those who did get in first. Now they are finally getting around to doing so, and people are unhappy.

But rather than blame the owners of the venue, the bouncers, etc, they're turning to the weedy little guy at the front of the line who was feebly protesting and blaming him. Because he's clearly the one at fault, not the owners and their goon squad. (Even if he's really not, because who do you think you have a better chance of beating in a fight?)

:) That's epic. I have two Foundry spotlights. I am also the leader of a small < 5 person fleet, and will suffer from this.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    I never mentioned the word exploit anywhere in my post. I merely stated that the reward had a detrimental effect on other sources of FM as they weren't popping as often due to people choosing to run Foundry missions over doing other PvE content for FM.

Other sources of fleet marks almost never popped on the KDF side even when IOR was still a daily. What are you supposed to do now? Grind Nukara and Defera?
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hfmudd wrote: »

But no one, absolutely no one was being harmed in anyway when FM were a Foundry reward. It was live and let live.

Now, KDF and small fleets might as well contact Remax (or Century 24 I guess) and put for sale sighs on their starbases. Solo players with limited time that still wanted to contribute something to their fleets are screwed as well.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • justin2384justin2384 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Resolved an issue that prevented music from playing in Foundry missions until combat was initiated.

Is this not a Mute point now (pardon the pun) Since no buddy will be playing Foundry missions anymore.
  • bluedemon67bluedemon67 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    LOL, to the genious that decided to take the foundry marks away.
    having a fast way to earn marks was the only reason i needed to purchase dilithium via zen exchange, and obviously i had to buy zen with real money first to get that dilithium
    to spend on fleet missions. LOL now i don't have to because it will take longer to earn the marks giving me enough time to milk it for dilithium, no more spending my hard earned money
    Again thx alot PWE, well played
    It's like my grandfather always said, " It's working great, now lets break it"
    until now i had always wondered why he would say such a thing. LOL
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I logged onto the game with the intention of resetting my character assignments and just ended up logging off. It all feels sort of pointless now.

I used to logon with a goal in mind and part of that goal was the fleet marks. I was so happy that I didn't have to deal with a bunch of AFKers anymore and could just run solo missions on my own and move at my own pace. Now that that's gone, I do not want to go back and subject myself to the public que or have to search for a half hour to find 4 capable people to run a single instance with.

I am not trying to be over dramatic. I am just saying how it feels and right now, I don't see any reason to be on the game. Before the change of allowing the IOR mission to be repeatable, I was starting to burn out on the public que to the point where I would just stand around in ESD chat and BS with everyone rather than sit in an STF or fleet action for an hour while me and perhaps two other people carried the group to the end.

I think we're all learning a hard lesson here.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    This will kill fleet progression in the kdf.
    During the day the fleet queues are about an hour.
    And there is only 1% kdf or whatever stats cryptic uses so it can take a kdf fleet many times longer to get to t5.

The foundry was the only way to get fm's.
    If cryptic removes a way to acquire something I would appreciate if they could replace it with something new.

My KDF fleet Beautiful Orions will do just fine without this because we actually run the Fleet mark events together as a fleet. We do the 20 man starbase defense flawlessly and thats around 100 marks per person for 20 people each time and we can get groups for this together several times a day if needed.

The idea behind having a fleet and starbase is you are supposed to grow your fleet big enough so you can also do stuff like this and not have to rely on the public queues.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    The idea behind having a fleet and starbase is you are supposed to grow your fleet big enough so you can also do stuff like this and not have to rely on the public queues.

And I thought they didn't want to kill off small fleets.
  • aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't really understand the WHY Cryptic removed the FM reward. I mean look at it from the broader perspective. As fleets progress the requirements needed to advance grow larger and larger, that much is certain. So the need for Fleet Marks is ever daunting and never ending. So the need for repeatable missions that reward fleet marks was happily received.

Upon that happening people commenced to develop grinder missions that created a loop hole, that allowed players to farm these missions within the ALLOWED time limit set forth by Cryptic itself. Standard missions even grinding missions will take time to finish, and in the nature of every game players will always find ways to finish these missions faster, be it by using specific gear, abilities or tactics. So it has always been pretty obvious that these missions are designed so they can be finished as quickly as possible. You cannot possibly expect players to spend 45min to over an hour on a single mission just so he can collect a bare minimum reward just so he needs to do it again again and again.

Maybe your not really understanding that a player that does a grinding mission in the foundry can take what, 10 min to 20 min depending on gear, boff abilities, ship etc. But an STF can be done in as little as 6 minutes and usually never goes over the 15 minute marks because of the time requirement for the optional, granted you doing it with 4 other players, but that is irrelevant. A 15 minute mission is still a 15 minute missions be it STF, Fleet Action or RED ALERT. Anything over 15 minutes let alone an hour to complete is pretty much content that players are not willing to do on a repetitive basis.

To all the foundry mission developers out there and the creators of spotlight missions, Kudos to you for creating content players can learn to love, and enjoy. But get serious if you make a story driven mission, that contains multiple parts. Did u really expect people to do your missions continuously? Does Cryptic think that people are going to 1-2 hr long missions every day, multiple times a day so that they can get a 50 FM reward? Get serious, we put up with long missions while we level cause we want to experience all the game has to offer, but at max level, when most players already have multiple characters, when the need for grinding missions is at an all time NECESSITY. Of course people are going to do those missions over anything that takes too long. People work for a living, they have families, responsibilities, hell even other games to play. There is only so much time in the day to play STO and do missions, and for damn sure no one wants to spend an hours doing a single mission to get a specific reward.

Compare STF's (ELITE), Fleet Actions, and Red Alerts. STF's, take 15-20 min to finish. and the reward for doing them is extremely well received, 100 Omega marks more or less nice quantity of DIL(900+) and the chance for a MK 12 VR item, plus BNP's. Red alerts give over 400 DIL and take just 10 min to finish, even if you had a group of lowbies and you were the only one doing large amounts of dps, you could still finish the event in time <20 min. So I really don't see what the issue is with grinding missions, simply because people designed some of them so that you had to put little to no effort in doing them. If you are so against this, why have you not penalized afk'ers in STF and other events, why implement Auto Fire for ships, why continuously keep increasing the need and prices on items for Refined Dilithium, but limit the quantity we can refine per day to a number created and assigned back when the system first started and the need was much lower. This list can go on and on sorry.

Back to this PSA lol, Any foundry developer or Cryptic member that thinks that at any point in time Spotlight mission were going to be more popular than short, quick and easy grinding missions your just kidding yourselfs. This game is a giant grinding machine, players are rushing to finish fleet projects, complete reputations, and level the embassy. So we cannot, we will not waste our time doing missions that give us crappy rewards and take much of the time we need to grind for the resources we need. You cant argue that because you spent hours making a foundry your upset cause another person pieced together a grinding missions in a fraction of the time. You cant complain that your mission isn't on the top of the list cause of all the stupid grinding missions. LOOK AT YOUR RATING, that's what tells you if your mission is good or not, missions listed at the top aren't the best ones they are the most frequented ones, period. Player created content is rated by players and it should be pretty damn clear what players want and need, and that's BAM grinding missions, because everyone knows STO atm is a grinding game plain and simple.

I still don't understand why cryptic is so afraid of people burning through reputation and fleet projects too quickly, are they afraid we are going to leave the game once we finish everything??? are they afraid people will realize their is nothing to do in STO. Guess what we already know and we have been with you for 3 years now and stuck with you when there was no content, when there was no grind, when there was little to nothing to do in end game and we are still here. Thankfully you realized some of the bad decisions you made when season 7 came out, and you saw the wisdom from the player base so you took action and modified your choices. Listen to us now again, what you just did is bad, bad for the economy of STO, bad for the players, bad for gameplay.

You want a normal solution for this, fine here it is. Put back the IOR repeatable quest just like it was before, you already hot fixed the grinding missions so that its not a AFK grind fest so the problem was solved. Now ADD in these extra dailies you are implementing as a extra way to reward players and foundry developers for their hard work. Doing RP foundry missions should be a choice not a necessity.
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Removing the Fleetmarks for Foundry-Missions was never the goal of the Foundry-Authors, we just wished to take away rewards from afk-missions - the so called Boff-grinders.

Now the Foundry-Repeatable no longer exists and the Fleetmarks won't return to the Foundry, because it's not "team-/group-based content".

The thing that makes it even worse is that there is no compensation for taking away these Fleetmarks, we are still waiting for a PvP-Daily or something similar, also the STFs could reward Fleetmarks - since those are "team-/group-based content". But giving us these Fleetmarks another way isn't the only possibility to compensate, Cryptic has still the possibility to push a few buttons to reduce the Fleetmarks-Costs for Starbase Projects to 10% of their current value or another few buttons to switch the Embassy-Projects to need Romulan-Marks - the currency those projects should cost, because Romulan-Marks indicate how much we've helped the people/Epohhs of New Romulus.

Sorry for that wall of text, but I thought it could be important for a discussion, not just whining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
This discussion has been closed.