What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship Power Guide & Calculator

Comments

• Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the stats for the Tal Shiar Adapted Borg Warp Core (someone linked one in Chat last night), and I've already added it to the "in-development" version of the Calc (ie it'll be in the next update). Until then, if you have one of these you can select "Overcharged" as your Warp Core type and select [W->A] in the Synergy Tag field for the same stats (Mark doesn't matter).

Last night I was comparing my new Holodeck Romulan (well, Reman, actually) to my Calc, and the numbers were not right. I don't know yet whether it's just a display issue, if the stats or formula somewhere are wrong, or ??? :confused: I expect it's an issue with the Singularity Core ("Base-40") stuff. I need to figure it out.

It would be helpful, too, if anyone can post their Romulan settings (especially with mid-to-high level toons that have access to Engineering skills and power-affecting traits and gear), I'd appreciate knowing your relevant stats, what you see in game for each of the modes (Attack, Defense, Speed, Balanced) and/or if you use a Custom setting, and then list what the Calc is showing you in comparison. Thanks!

shookyang wrote: »
    Per your request, I'm posting here from the other thread... I think I know what I did wrong. I selected Advanced Fleet Efficient Impulse Engines. That was what was giving me extra power. Do Advanced Fleet Efficient engines even exist? I thought it was just Elites that had the efficient bonus....
    I thought the Advanced ones were supposed to be Efficient too, but possibly not. I will double-check and update the Calc accordingly.
    tarsudo wrote: »
    In my botarsq i put khg set and the results are:

with defletor: nothing
    with engines: +3.8 weapon power setting, 3.8 shield power setting, +3.8 aux poer settign
    with shield: nothing
    with 2 pieces of khg +7 aux pwr setting

i try in a few hours in my b'rel for the second chance results
    KHG Deflector and Shields do not provide a power boost individually, so that's expected. The reason they are there is for the Calc to auto-detect if you have the 2-piece Tactical Readiness buff. There was some discussion earlier in the thread about the value of Tactical Readiness. My own testing with Mk XII set showed a +8.8 Aux Power. It's possible the buff varies by Mark.

What Mark is your KHG Set?

As for the KHG Engines, they are an Efficient-type Engine, so their buff varies inversely based on your current power setting. I'm not sure what you are revealing above, I don't know of any time they'd provide +3.8 to weapons, shields, and aux, so I'm not understanding what you're trying to say on that. Please elaborate.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    gavshawgavshaw Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lordhavelock,

Good work.

Can you check that the Aegis Graviton Deflector Array is giving its +5 shield power correctly. When moving my ship stats across from version 7.1 (I re-entered by hand, no copy-paste) I find that I am missing 5 points of power in shields.

When swapping the deflector out with a standard one, nothing changes so it looks like the Aegis GDA is not granting its 5 points. For now I just place 5 points in the temp shield power boosts field.

Thanks.
    SigPic_01_zpspudusvou.png

Yes, I fly a Dreadnought cruiser. Deal with it.
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice work with the calc, saved up a lot of tribbletesting for me. but

the power calc for romulans are incorrect.

because:

romulans dont get a -10 on all systems "afterwards", as your calc suggests, the have 40 power less to preset! this difference causes efficient to have more weight on the not full powered systems. its not a flat -10 malus on output, but a malus of -10 all systems to input rather.

i can set weapons to 100, but ill only have 60 energy left to preset. so actually the calculator needs an option to "malus" the preset energy, than to malus the actual energy. i hope you can fix that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gavshaw wrote: »
    Can you check that the Aegis Graviton Deflector Array is giving its +5 shield power correctly. When moving my ship stats across from version 7.1 (I re-entered by hand, no copy-paste) I find that I am missing 5 points of power in shields...
    Whoops, you're right. Fixed internally. It'll work in the next version. Thanks!
    davideight wrote: »
    nice work with the calc, saved up a lot of tribbletesting for me... the power calc for romulans are incorrect. because...
    Glad I could save you some Tribbletesting. I appreciate your explaination of the Romulan power. I pretty much had the grok, and your notes helped me wrap my head around it. The next step will be figure out a way to factor that into my existing formulae. Give me a couple days.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    im glad my tip helped you. to bad im not into maths at all. ill wait in eager expectation ;-)
  • Options
    shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited May 2013
    I'm back, as something is not calculating correctly.

Traits: Warp Theorist

Efficient BOFF: 1

Skill Points:
    Warp Core Efficiency: 9
    Warp Core Potential: 9
    Aux Performance: 0
    Engine Performance: 6
    Shield Performance: 9
    Weapon Performance: 9

Effective Skill:
    Warp Core Efficiency: 121.5 (calc) / 122 (in-game)

Ship: Fleet Defiant

Consoles (from your drop down): Assimilated Module

Ship equipment:
    Advanced Fleet Positron Deflector Dish
    Advanced Fleet Hyper-Impulse
    Elite Resilient Shield Array
    Overcharged Warp Core MK X [EFF] [W->A]

Power levels should be (according to calculator):
    125/90
    74/55
    54/30
    53/25

Power levels in game:
    125/90
    74/55
    54/30
    56/25

Removing my Efficient BOFF, I get the following in game:
    125/90
    74/55
    53/30
    55/25
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does the efficient trait on boffs even work anymore ? I have 4 seated efficient letheans and I got no power bonus at all.
    :confused:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Does the efficient trait on boffs even work anymore ? I have 4 seated efficient letheans and I got no power bonus at all.
    :confused:
    Yes. If I remove the one Efficient BOFF that I have, it reduces my Aux power by 1.

After I got the new warp core and I remove the Efficient BOFF, I lose 1 to Aux and Engines.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    A new version of the Calc will be released in the next day or three. I've got a lot of new info, just got to work it in. It'll include corrections/updates for Warp Cores (both MAM and Singularity type, including a fix for Shookyang's example in post 67 above on the former, and proper allocation of power for the latter thanks to Davideight), stats for the Tal Shiar Adapted Core, and a few other fixes.

ETA: Real life has reared it's ugly head. I haven't had a chance to update the Calc. Sorry.

• Options
    noooooooooo14noooooooooo14 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just thought i'd thank you for the power spreadsheet. It's really useful, although if you did get it into an app, that would be even cooler.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I just thought i'd thank you for the power spreadsheet. It's really useful, although if you did get it into an app, that would be even cooler.
    You're welcome. I'd love to make it into an app, but I don't know the first thing about that. Perhaps some day I'll learn those skills.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Greetings Captains!

I'm happy to announce the release of PowerCalc vLoR.2.00. This version should now properly display Romulan power, among many other fixes (see below). I've also updated the Primer in the OP to reflect LoR features. Use the link in the OP to download the latest version.

Release Notes:
    - Corrected the "Efficient" formula for M/AM Warp Cores to match in-game results.
    - Fixed the calculations/display for Romulan ship power (maxing at 160 possible power).
    - Added stats for Tal Shiar Adapted Borg Warp Core.
    * As far as it's power effects, it's an Overcharged core with a [A->W] tag.
    - Fixed Aegis Deflector which wasn't showing it's Shield Power boost.
    - Removed Efficient from Advanced Fleet Engines (they don't actually have Efficient).
    - Fixed a Calculation that was erroneously showing a power buff when "n/a" was selected.
    - Updated forumae for Breen and Jem'Hadar Engines to make more efficient.
    - Rework serveral formulae on the Calculation page to make them more efficient.
    - Addeds ship stats for Haakona (Assault Command Mode) and Haakona (Guardian Command Mode) under the Romulan ship list.
    - Modified various lists to removed invalid options based on other choices.
    - Various formatting and layout changes.
    - Added stats for Nukura Particle Converter Console and Impulse Engines.
    * Note: These stats are from non-confirmed sources, so have not been verified.

I would really appreciate your feedback.

Enjoy!

• Options
    noooooooooo14noooooooooo14 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You're welcome. I'd love to make it into an app, but I don't know the first thing about that. Perhaps some day I'll learn those skills.

You could just ask someone to make it into an app (for iTunes or Computer) for you. Then we'd get an App, and you'd get the opportunity to learn how to make it into an app, plus, if you made it into an iTunes app, some money out of it.

EDIT: And about your previous post, #73, Which stats are from an unconfirmed source? And I still love the calculator, btw.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ...EDIT: And about your previous post, #73, Which stats are from an unconfirmed source? And I still love the calculator, btw.
    The stats for the Nukura Particle Converter Console and Impulse Engines are unconfirmed. I got them from a photo I found via a Google Image Search, and that pic may have been from Pre-LoR Tribble. Further, I usually prefer to be able to get my hands on something and try it out myself. Hence though I feel they are probably right, they are unconfirmed at this time. :)

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Greetings Captains!

I'm happy to announce the release of PowerCalc vLoR.2.00.
    You sure the link to version 2.0 is correct?

The zip file has version 0.0 still, and when I tried to input my power levels, it was still off.
  • Options
    knightmwknightmw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shookyang wrote: »
    You sure the link to version 2.0 is correct?

The zip file has version 0.0 still, and when I tried to input my power levels, it was still off.

First of all many thanks lordhavelock for your hard work :)

I have the same problem: in the latest .zip there is still the 0.00 release, dated 05/22/13

best regards.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure what happened, but I just recreated the zip and uploaded it. Please re-try downloading and let me know how it goes.

• Options
    knightmwknightmw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure what happened, but I just recreated the zip and uploaded it. Please re-try downloading and let me know how it goes.

Many thanks, it's ok now :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    knightmw wrote: »
    Many thanks, it's ok now :)
    Fantastic!

Let me know how the new version works for you.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    New Version now available!

Release Notes:

STOPowerCalc.xls vLOR.2.08 (LoR):
    - Added Fleet Mine Warp Cores (Power stats are the same regardless if Advance or Elite).
    - Adjusted various formulae to account for new Fleet Warp Core mechanics.
    - Added Fleet Axion and Fermion Deflector (no power stats, added as placeholders).
    - Modified Basic Warp Core List to show either Matter/Antimatter or Singularity.
    - Minor layout adjustments.

• Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thanks for all the efforts you have done.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    notapwefan wrote: »
    thanks for all the efforts you have done.
    You're welcome!

New Version now available.

Release Notes:

STOPowerCalc.xls v8.2.10 (LoR):
    - Since LoR is being considered Season 8 by the Devs, and they've said the next Season will be 9, I've changed the Calc version back to being all numeric (replaced LoR with 8).
    - Added stats for two new Special (Cross-faction) ships:
    * Risian Corvette
    * Suliban Cell Ship.

Enjoy!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    New Version now available!

Release Notes:

STOPowerCalc.xls v8.2.20 (LoR):
    - Added stats for Romulan Small Craft and new Dreadnought Warbirds:
    * Kestrel Runabout, Scorpion Fighter, Tiercel Shuttle, Falchion Dreadnought Warbird, Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird, Tulwar Dreadnought Warbird.
    - Modified Power formulae to account for the Tiercel's odd power configuration.
    * Even though it uses a Singularity Warp Core, it has base-50 power (not base-40).
    - Renamed "Shuttles/Fights" ship heading to "Small Craft" as listed in-game.
    - Fixed a bug that prevented the Tal Shiar Adapted Borg Warp Core from being displayed.
    - Removed an unneeded table from the Calculations page.

Your feedback is appreciated.

:)

• Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    even though countless others have said it, I wanted to say it as well, thank you ship calculator and the work you put into it. I use it every time to get the most power out of my skill points without wasting them. Thank you :D

ps just realized by your sig, weve met in game before, even invited you to my tuffli a few times lmao
  • Options
    jadensecurajadensecura Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yay! New Versions! I really need to check this thread more. Anyway, now I can start planning power for my Romulan's Corvette. Thanks again, it's really very hard to overstate how valuable this tool is.

By the way, any thoughts of bringing back the shields page? I realize we don't have solid data for this (so helpful how they added a regen stat to the UI and left it hopelessly bugged) but a good guess is still helpful. I am trying to set it up on my own, but I'm not sure how to do the regen formula, it seems complicated.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    even though countless others have said it, I wanted to say it as well, thank you ship calculator and the work you put into it. I use it every time to get the most power out of my skill points without wasting them. Thank you :D

ps just realized by your sig, weve met in game before, even invited you to my tuffli a few times lmao
    It's kind of you to say, and I welcome all the "countless" gratitudes. :D

It's likely we have met in-game if you're awesome enough to host a Tuffli ship interior. I do take advantage of the "Call Tuffli Service" from time-to-time. So thank YOU!
    Yay! New Versions! I really need to check this thread more. Anyway, now I can start planning power for my Romulan's Corvette. Thanks again, it's really very hard to overstate how valuable this tool is...
    Happy to be of service!
    ...By the way, any thoughts of bringing back the shields page? I realize we don't have solid data for this (so helpful how they added a regen stat to the UI and left it hopelessly bugged) but a good guess is still helpful. I am trying to set it up on my own, but I'm not sure how to do the regen formula, it seems complicated.
    Except when you WANT things! Sheesh! :P Well... Someone wants the Shield Page back, eh? Hmm... I'll see what I can do, but no promises. Honestly, I always hated that page. For one, it's not very solid info. Two, it chaps my hide that I put in a Shield Regen Stat request years ago in an Ask Cryptic. Dstahl acknowledges it. They add it to the game years later, then weeks later with no notice/reason/acknowledgement they then remove it. Then they officially add it back, and it's there now, but completely borked and doesn't work (unless, apparently, you're using a Regenerative Shield. Maybe.).

sigh

I've got issues. LOL

:cool:

• Options
    jadensecurajadensecura Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly, I always hated that page. For one, it's not very solid info. Two, it chaps my hide that I put in a Shield Regen Stat request years ago in an Ask Cryptic. Dstahl acknowledges it. They add it to the game years later, then weeks later with no notice/reason/acknowledgement they then remove it. Then they officially add it back, and it's there now, but completely borked and doesn't work (unless, apparently, you're using a Regenerative Shield. Maybe.).

sigh

I've got issues. LOL

:cool:

Yeah, I totally get that. My attitude tends to be that the more information that's probably correct you have, the better, but I can certainly see the argument for just using what you're absolutely sure of. And with the LoR changes it might not even be doable (regen used to stop at 25 power, but now it's just slow at 25 power, and stops at some unknown level, at least according to the patch notes). Come to think of it, the formula for the old stats is pretty simple, I figured it out last night, but with the new ones it's not so simple (might even need to be defined piecewise or something awful like that). And with no way to check anything....

*sigh* Well, that's STO for you. Thanks for taking a look, and thanks for keeping the calc updated.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    hello.

klingon honour guard setbonus auxilliary is listed as

in fact is 7.5 (m k x in this case, donno if it scales with mk)

good work, keep it up!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    davideight wrote: »
    klingon honour guard setbonus auxilliary is listed as 8.8

in fact is 7.5 (m k x in this case, donno if it scales with mk)...
    I've got the Mk XII and the set bonus is +8.8 Auxiliary. I've heard/seen different amounts posted, but could never get consensus on the value. It must scale with Mark.

So let's see, Tactical Readiness:

Mk X = 7.5
    Mk XI = ???
    Mk XII = 8.8

Anyone have the KHG Mk XI set?

Even once I get the info, that's going to be a pain to implement, but I'll see what I can do.

>contemplative frown<

• Options
    edited July 2013
    ah okay, so then pls add different marks, cause i skilled for mk xii then though i use mk x, i dont use the mk xii gear often cause it has to value for me but beeing much more expensive ;-) i now have wrong numbers and was elaborating where the mistake lies.

i can only onfirm mk x has 7.5. dont use mk xi either. or make it manually adjustable. (cause now i cant pre sense what will happen if i respecc to the mk x value ^^