test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So will the KDF be "finished" by May?

betawatcherbetawatcher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
In the past they told us they would not do a Romulan faction until the KDF was finished. Now that they are implying we will be seeing a Romulan faction in May, will the KDF be finished by then?

Edit 2/11:

Captain's Log is now asking the same question:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/11/captains-log-ruminating-on-star-trek-onlines-future-story/

Maybe the developers will "grace" us with a response...
Post edited by betawatcher on

Comments

• dudeman32569dudeman32569 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You already know the answer to this, so why did you bother asking? Do you really think the KDF would get that much content in just a few months, considering just how much content they've gotten since release?
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Double XP given by KDF Missions, add option to start at lvl 1, add tutorial.

Grats, KDF is a complete faction.
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Care to taste the fork? ;)

Maybe it's a reveal of a massive invasion by Iconians and Tal'shiar that has to be repulsed by the combined efforts of the Federation and Klingon Empire?
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Let me gaze into my crystal ball...

The Romulans will be a faction, however on release, you will start at level 25 and most all the missions will be broken. All the KDF players will start laughing, but realization will set in that their missions are still broken. All the Federation players will snicker at the Romulan/KDF pain, and continue to explore the galaxy.

:) - It has been written, and so it shall be done.
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes they will and there will be "peace for our time" too!
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    drudgy wrote: »
    The Romulans will be a faction, however on release, you will start at level 25 and most all the missions will be broken. All the KDF players will start laughing, but realization will set in that their missions are still broken. All the Federation players will snicker at the Romulan/KDF pain, and continue to explore the galaxy.

^^This.

/10
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In the past they told us they would not do a Romulan faction until the KDF was finished. Now that they are implying we will be seeing a Romulan faction in May, will the KDF be finished by then?
    *insert diabolical laughter here*

Seriously? They never finished the FIRST faction. Asking about when they'll finish the second is futile.

Before anyone asks, I'm not gonna consider the Feds complete untill I have a Benzite Boff. Benzites are unique in a bad way. They are the only race you get as Chars and Doffs, but not Boffs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    Double XP given by KDF Missions, add option to start at lvl 1, add tutorial.

Grats, KDF is a complete faction.

THIS

1000 times

ill still play it and i swear ill delete all my feds
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    May of 2015 sure.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They mentioned in the massively (?) video this week that they will resolve the issue of present and future factions in the game soon.
    KDF/Romulan blah blah
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If by finished you mean they've successfully driven away all the KDF players by May then sure.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, you know what that means is that they will find a cheap solution to the issue. Something like KDF, Romulan and new factions will be allied with the federation or something like that.
    So it won't be a unique faction, it will be fed clones or something.
    But you know what, it is better than nothing.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
    edited January 2013
    I could see them doing a minifaction that lacks story missions. they have most of the resources needed for a bare-bones version of the RSE already. The main asset needed would be the RSE HQ. It doesn't need to be as expansive as what the Feds and KDF have, at least not at start.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    any minifaction aligned with FED's is not a faction, but an insult. also a loss in revenue.

whoever proposes this should feel really bad about himself :D

(looking forward to a cheap Romulan faction with HQ, fleet stuff, foundry, DOFF's, PVP and some dailies - gonna go FULL IN!)
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    drudgy wrote: »

If I may try to follow up...

The RSE & KDF players get fed up with the lack of content compared to the Fed. and decide to join forces in game and attack only Feds. in PvP togehter without fighting each other, just to TRIBBLE them off. The Feds. start whining and eventually it becomes so bad that the devs. heads are about to expolde. So they decide to make an highly OP Cardassian faction to endulge all whiners, with ships that can pewpew any KDF, Fed or RSE ship with a couple of shots, but charge it 7000 zen for joining the faction and 8500 zen for each ship.

Couldn't resist, was in a joking mood :P:D
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited January 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    any minifaction aligned with FED's is not a faction, but an insult. also a loss in revenue.

whoever proposes this should feel really bad about himself :D

(looking forward to a cheap Romulan faction with HQ, fleet stuff, foundry, DOFF's, PVP and some dailies - gonna go FULL IN!)
    As long as the players have the RSE logo on them in the UI I'll call it good. "Aligned with Feds" doesn't necessarily mean that they'd be part of the Federation, just that their faction isn't at war with the Feds.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As long as the players have the RSE logo on them in the UI I'll call it good. "Aligned with Feds" doesn't necessarily mean that they'd be part of the Federation, just that their faction isn't at war with the Feds.

That's one of the issues with these lockboxes and likely only reason we have not seen a Romulan Lockbox yet. It will be very difficult for them to add these races later, playable or not, as non-aligned factions with reputation and rewards. They've already doled out a sizable portion of their assets.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • kexx062782kexx062782 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think the "promises" of a full KDF faction before a new Romulan one are out the window.

The Management knows Romulans = $$$$, there will be a spit out minifaction based mostly on Rep grinding for Romulan ships/clothing/etc.

KDF players might get lucky with another 1-shot mission like Alpha.
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    At this point I'd just be happy with copypasta.

The last straw for me and the KDF was Fed getting a copypasta of the KDF minefield mission (to *REPLACE* an already in-place mission...) yet they couldn't be arsed to copy Starbase 24 so the KDF could have a version.

Anybody still holding on to the KDF just can't read the writing on the wall. My Orion is a little played alt now. It's a pity, I love KDF ships.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why do people want more Cryptic missions?

Most of their missions stink. The only reason to bother with them is getting a gimmick bridge officer or two.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I wouldn't read too much into that; they used to have a graphic for the factions that continued off to the right of the Klingons with Romulan and Cardassian logos. Then it went away and was never heard from again.

Until they announce exactly what they're doing in May, guesses are perilous.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Klingon faction is complete as far as I'm concerned. You start at level 20, that's 20 less levels to grind through. There's no need to add more grind.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • betawatcherbetawatcher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    I wouldn't read too much into that; they used to have a graphic for the factions that continued off to the right of the Klingons with Romulan and Cardassian logos. Then it went away and was never heard from again.

Until they announce exactly what they're doing in May, guesses are perilous.

Welcome to the internet/video game forums. And I dont see why guessing in this specific thread is any more "perilous" than guessing in other threads about other things...though I dont see you posting the same thing elsewhere. Why are you singling this one out? :confused:
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Welcome to the internet/video game forums. And I dont see why guessing in this specific thread is any more "perilous" than guessing in other threads about other things...though I dont see you posting the same thing elsewhere. Why are you singling this one out? :confused:

Now you're reading too much into "perilous".
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • captrott1captrott1 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have 4 KDF characters. Two max ranked and two that are above Brig. Gen. The Klingon side is not difficult to level with. It has a distinct flavor over the Federation side. It has a more aggressive focus with the various attack missions. Starting out as the equivalent of ensign isn't needed. I feel it is complete. IT could always use some more polish but it is a functioning faction. Just let it go.
  • betawatcherbetawatcher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Now you're reading too much into "perilous".

I'm sorry I must have misunderstood. Maybe you could please explain what you meant, and why this was the only thread involving guessing you choose to post those remarks in :)
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't care about what level you start, hell I could start at 50 and not blink.

I don't really mind being a little light on story missions. For the most part you run story missions once and then hit them up for rewards.

It doesn't bother me too much that there are less ships. There are less people playing, so less people paying. You have to stock your stores with what is selling. That is just common sense.

What doesn't fly with me is the lack of endgame symmety. Go ahead an open your PvE queue as a max level KDF... its bloody well empty compared to the Fed one, and there is no reason for it. A little copypasta would go a long way to evening things up. Simple to achive, as well. Make a list of Fed events, make a KDF copy of it, feel good that things are even at endgame.

I will say KDF gets a better choice of dailies and Doff missions, but many of the dailes only apply for PvP... Yeah... Have fun with that.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Who knows Klingons are a PVP faction but no one does PVP so they made it into a mini faction that starts at lvl 30.

You got a stronge set of basic missions then they throw the Fek lar at you which is like a bad night of bloodwine. Then they throw all the weekly missions at you with 6000exp so buy the time you do all the missions your lvl 50. You can go through the whole klink faction in a month.

I bought all the Orion ships and got to use them for 2 week before I was lvl 50.

I dont want to call the klingons a work in progress it seems like there done building more content. If you look at the story line you start to understand why the Klingon, Federation war is in a defacto state fek lar really messed things up in the Klink empire and the Klingons early in the war destroyed the mars shipyard and the Borg are here in force now so is there really a war.

Someday the Childern of Kane will put a end to this maddness over throwing the current Klingon leadership and intalling a true emporer who's first priority will be to destroy the Federation once and for all.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes, and renamed to the Romulan faction
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Someday the Childern of Kane will put a end to this maddness over throwing the current Klingon leadership and intalling a true emporer who's first priority will be to destroy the Federation once and for all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHwegwXwwHs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]