test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Got tier 5 - REALLY ANGRY

Comments

• lancemeszaroslancemeszaros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    admgreer wrote: »
    I just hope the Omega store gets space weps. Odd that the Romulan store has Romulan Plasma Beams/Cannons ect space weps but the Omega dosen't. The Omega store should at least had XII antiproton space weps.

Fleet weapons already cover this, and are more useful than the old [Borg] weapons. They're starting toward having more non-Borg endgame content, so having fleet weapons would be better. Using a [Borg] weapon outside of Borg STFs is the same as using as blue.
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    admgreer wrote: »
    I just hope the Omega store gets space weps. Odd that the Romulan store has Romulan Plasma Beams/Cannons ect space weps but the Omega dosen't. The Omega store should at least had XII antiproton space weps.

what space weapons do you want? a MK XII, simply very rare AP, with 2 standard modifier, and a not-broken [borg], for 30k dil, as in the romulan repu? hell, i don't want that. i rather buy fleet advanced for only 10k dil/piece (and 20k FC, but everyone is full with that stuff). or better, i use my old, it-was-free, broken [Borg] modifier-ish weaponry.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This was supposed to have been addressed, no?

Jan 17th patch notes:

All Set Powers now scale with the set's Mark instead of using the player's level.
    -This will result in a slight boost to Mk XI Set Powers, and a larger boost to Mk XII Set Powers.
    -This change does not affect sets that are made up of items that do not have a level, such as the Aegis Space Set.

Supposed. Nothing has changed, the upgrade still sucks and gives no real edge over Mk XI stuff.

I liked the proto tech drops though, and i miss the old STF store. I never had to run a STF more than 30 times to get the set part i wanted. The chances toget the drop were rather high, and the main complaints came from people who weren't good at STFs because, so the didn't really enjoyed that but wanted the same stuff good players had. Because we all know poeple will say it's too hard instead of "i failed" or "i suck at it". :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • crappyforumnamecrappyforumname Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    If anyone had to do hundreds of elite STFs for one Mk XII STF set piece...

No one went went that many runs without getting a MKXII piece.

.... Said the guy who obviously interviewed every pre-season 7 STF player to corroborate his statement.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This new system is flawed as hell, better than before but seriously, 100000 dil for mk XII??? wtf, balance does not mean: costs more and more and more and more, be fair to the players, give us something worth while for the effort or cut the prices by AT LEAST 50%
  • crappyforumnamecrappyforumname Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    .... Said the guy who obviously interviewed every pre-season 7 STF player to corroborate his statement.

Said the guy(?) able to *ahem* corroborate the exaggerations that players went months or years without finding a prototype token.

Works both ways!
    Sure glad I stopped after T4 :)
    :eek:
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    manlyyams wrote: »
    omg that actually made me laugh audbily. Good job, sir.

Anyway. I have to agree. The prototype tech drops were unpredictable, and it took some people months to finally get what they wnated/needed, if not longer. The REP system gives a boost to these captains. And yeah, I know that you're upset because people are flying/walking around in MK XII gear and costumes that you mastered the game to get, but you know what, they've got more end-endgame gear coming, so you'll have other things you can walk around to show off your e-peen.

Until then let everyone have some fun however they want to. That's what playing a game is all about, right?

2 weeks.
    Thats how long it took a player with good DPS and knowledge of how to play the ESTF's to go from crafted weapons and gear to a fully equipped mk12 ship and toon, with spares.
    The old system was FAR from unpredictable.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    2 weeks.
    Thats how long it took a player with good DPS and knowledge of how to play the ESTF's to go from crafted weapons and gear to a fully equipped mk12 ship and toon, with spares.

Yup and I have a full set of dbb/dhc/turrets in every energy type and full set of space maco and omega sets all mk xii and on the ground I have many mk xii armor and guns but I never got my ground shield. now I know I can at least get it.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Being able to max out gear in a MMO in 2 weeks is dreadful and awful game breaking nonsense, so I'm all for the change to the current system which may take time but is fair.

100K dilithium is about more than a fifth of what you need (give or take what the exchange is doing today) to pick up the Odyssey or Bortas'qu bundle. Seems about right for top end gear to me.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I still don't see why the rep system was not implemented ALONGSIDE the old system. I liked the old system, that was fun, yes I played my main for 6 months of CGE and never got the Mk XII Gun but I kept trying and it remained fun, now ground STF are not efficient enough. Chances are I'll grind out my main and find something else to play, maybe I'll go back to my RTS games because hey, I'll get through the rep system and have nothing more to do...
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • tigerblade66tigerblade66 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Said the guy(?) able to *ahem* corroborate the exaggerations that players went months or years without finding a prototype token.

Works both ways!

"And Then There Was Silence"....:D
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    2 weeks.

My Fleetmate who went 600 ESTF runs (no lie - we couldn't believe it was the case but it was) - would like to know your secret.

As for myself - Two weeks you say...for six characters? Funny, in that same year on 3 characters, running ESTFs most nights, I got 2 out of 3 MkXII space set pieces (both MACO and OMEGA, but never seemed to get that third piece.

Sorry, as the old computer saying goes - Random Number Generator is random.

Congrats on being lucky.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013

It was Random and hence my main toon was not lucky enough after god knows how many runs....which was over 300 because he got U.F.P. Medal of Honor accolade before getting any MK XII drops there is no set time on the old system that you will get it...its Random I've ran so many and seen pug runs where the guy who does nothing trolls AFKers and screws around on the missions get the MK XII tech drop, and the players who carry that guy/girl get jack.

Now my main toon, and the rest of my alts have their MK XII stuff without having to get picked by the STF gods, or see the troll get his drop.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I dont understand why so many people struggle with the concept of the RNG and how unfair it is.

it does not matter what you personally experience. it matters what everybody experiences. For everyone that gets them in a week after 6 task forces there is some pour soul that is on 500 and nothing. yes they have been extremely unlucky but thats not much consolation for them.

if the drop rate was 1/50 or 1/75 it does not guarantee you a piece within 75 runs. to achieve an average of 75 there has to be people that go beyond it and as there is no cap, you can theoretically go on forever and not get it. again yes its terribly bad luck but that does not mean its not possible, and in a game of thousands someone will suffer. when judging a system you need to look beyond your own experience and consider everyone

its even more unfair that it takes someone 200-300 runs and someone gets it first go. even if you manage to get the drop you want, its still taken you hundreds of times as long to get. how is that fair?

saying you got it in 2 weeks and the system is fine is incredibly short sighted that your experience translates to everybody, but i guess the 'i'm right jack and TRIBBLE everybody else' is often the mentality of some.

Works both ways!

No it does not work both ways because they are two different statements.

You, on your own with no actual data but your own experience, have assumed that no one went that long without getting a piece, and as people tell you they have, using their own experience themselves, you basically insinuate they are liars as its just an exaggeration, because only you can be right.

if the system is so great and people can earn all this gear in a few weeks or a couple of months then why are people complaining about it? they are complaining because its not fair, they were not getting their gear, despite what you think.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kintisho wrote: »
    This new system is flawed as hell, better than before but seriously, 100000 dil for mk XII??? wtf, balance does not mean: costs more and more and more and more, be fair to the players, give us something worth while for the effort or cut the prices by AT LEAST 50%

100k dil take only 12.5 days to refine. This is rather quick to get the top endgame gear. :D

There is a problem if you want to contribute to your fleet, but the solution is obvious, get in a bigger one or play for yourself.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have just finished kitting one toon in Mk XI Maco and Romulan gear, and I will most likely take her to Tier Five for Romulan gear.

I have another toon who is outfitted with Elite Fleet Gear, and I don't intend to get him but the most casual investment in the Rep system. This toon does quite well with the Breen and Jem'Hadar sets, which are far easier to grind and in the right hands do just as well as OMEGA/MACO gear.

Then there is the toon where I've been dumping Lobi, that one is fitted out with the finest... um.. stuff.. that the Lobi store sells. This toon will get more fleet-gear after I finish fitting out the other two. This toon has three Aegis sets and a Breen set.

And lastly I have a toon who I don't intend to invest any time in for the premium stuff. Everything that toon has or will have came off the exchange or are drops from the other toons.

My Original Orion does quite well with Aegis and Mk X Honor Guard stuff, she might get some Fleet Gear once they fix the Migraine Inducing UI on the KDF side. This toon has Breen, Aegis and Jem'Hadar sets in addition to the "good stuff."

Second Orion, will mostly be drops and fleet-gear as I play her.

The argument that you need to grind the system across multiple toons is silly. WHY would you inflect that upon youself? Can't you be happy with one or two max-kit toons? As much as I enjoyed the Nukara and New Rom maps I have no desire to grind each one to completion SIX times. Nor do I want to run that many STFs. :D Frankly I am SICK of STFs as I ground the hell out of them collecting EDCs the first time.

I prefer having six unique toons each with their own unique build and gear-list. That's more fun to me than sitting here hours each day grinding the same maps over and over... just so all my toons are exactly the same.
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jjumetley wrote: »
    When I first heard about the new reputation system they were going to introduce I thought: "OK, so now it's time to take a grip on myself and obtain those sets".

You know what? I sat down, did 5 or 6 STFs a day for a month and I got all mark XII pieces of MACO, Omega and KHG space sets in a matter of a month on all six characters I had at that time.

Now don't tell me it was impossible to get does sets.
    SIX CHARACTERS!
    IN A MATTER OF A MONTH!
    TWO FULL MK XII SETS EACH!

It's clearly not a case of luck. You can say I was lucky those two times (and two times only) I got two set pieces during a day.

playing since a long time, i do not have the MKXII ground gear because lot of noobs in elite STFs. i am happy about the new system. dont need to have my gear in one day or one week but i want to have a timeframe (which i now have). no luck missions. you obviously had a lot of luck. i had to work long time to even get my first space kit.
    What ? Calaway.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=245866

Quote from Gozer: "the odds are about as good as its going to get for a while... put simply.. if you were rolling a 20 sided dice.. a roll of 17 or higher would get you tech... and..you roll that dice every time you complete a stf"

To put this quote into context, I went to play MtG at my local gaming club sunday, before each game we rolled a 20 sided die to see who chooses who goes first.

I played 10 games, my highest roll was 10.

Statistically speaking I had a roughly 1 in 2 chance of getting a roll of 11 or higher, in 10 games then I should have rolled 5 dice that landed 1-10, and 5 that landed 11-20.

I didn't, yes it's a small sample, but it illustrates the point, Random chance is Random.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    To put this quote into context, I went to play MtG at my local gaming club sunday, before each game we rolled a 20 sided die to see who chooses who goes first.

I played 10 games, my highest roll was 10.

Statistically speaking I had a roughly 1 in 2 chance of getting a roll of 11 or higher, in 10 games then I should have rolled 5 dice that landed 1-10, and 5 that landed 11-20.

I didn't, yes it's a small sample, but it illustrates the point, Random chance is Random.

What's even more hilarious is that Cryptic, after making such a massive deal out of taking the random out of loot drops, seems hell bent on putting them right back in.
    Dstahl: We plan to increase the level cap in the future so that captains will be able to obtain the Full Admiral Rank. As part of that change, we will be introducing a new tier of gear, along with new very rare and ultra-rare items that are loot only
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Before S7 I did Elite STF ground and space for fun. You get a good team and you could blow through them and maby get shiny at the end :D Now I do ISE maby once a week and only when I need more Omega marks. :S I want old system back.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • cdiederichscdiederichs Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wah, wah, wah...

Some folks don't have the time to invest in maxing out the Rep system and completing their MK XII ground and space sets (which many of us have already done on all of our toons WEEKS ago).

Same folks wish to go back to the old random drop system, telling themselves that the lottery like chances of getting MK XII sets under the old system will let them get the gear in less time and with expending less energy.
    (if it was so easy before, why didn't you max out your gear then?)

It was random loot rolls, it was not tied to DPS or skill or whatever it is you think you have in spades. It was RANDOM. If you like random lottery chances to get gear then spend your time opening lock boxes, they are here for you. The rest of us will reap the reward for our time and effort in the completely fair and measurable return on investment that is the reputation system.
  • moody83moody83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When this new reputation system got started i got 2000 marks and 10 neural processors to start with others will have more some less...

For new players or a new character this is an extreme task to grind all of those marks to finally make it to tier 5 only to see you have to play so many more just to get one mk xii item.

I just needed the maco mkxii shield to complete my set but i will not grind anymore for the omega set.

the borg console was free before the reputation system :(
    Perfectworld:
    My wallet has just put you on indefinite probation!!!!
    edited January 2013
    moody83 wrote: »
    For new players or a new character this is an extreme task to grind all of those marks to finally make it to tier 5

the borg console was free before the reputation system :(

That's the point. End game gear should be an extreme task and NOTHING approaching end game gear should be "free".
  • nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The only thing I will say is that in my opinion the issue in this game when it comes to getting through aspects that cost Dilithium (Reputation / DoFFs / Starbases etc), the problem isn't the cost (To some extent) the main issue is the refinement cap. Many things in this game could have been implemented better IMO.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im not so much complaining, well yes I am. But the point is the sets use to have honor behind them, it showed that you played enough and ground enough to get the set. Now its just another set that you can just buy. :S
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    edited January 2013
    <snip>
    inflammatory post deleted
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited January 2013

Was it really luck ?

I don't believe so,

Really? Because that flies in the face of every single comment the developers ever made about how the old system worked. But forget the fact that DStahl and Gozer repeatedly explained the concept of a RANDOM loot roll. You "believe" it was due to your hard work and great DPS. :rolleyes:
    edited January 2013
    <snip>
    inflammatory post deleted
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif