test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Gateway: Bugs and Technical Issue

Comments

• bornbaddbornbadd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How about fixing the Cryptic screen crashes that it seems a lot of us are having ~!! Have not been able to log since S8 launch ~! :mad:
  • primencc74656primencc74656 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bit ridiculous is putting it mildly.

Maybe not all of us are paying players, but we ALL still want to suit up again and get back to our ship bridges, to lock and load disruptors, phasers and our other hand-weapons... and get back to business.

We've been stuck sitting and waiting till now.. time to get this set right. And at this point, more than just answers I think are deserved to us. Master Keys aren't the least of what I'd think we might consider as reparations. but hey... I'm just rambling here
  • sto1208sto1208 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bit ridiculous is putting it mildly.

Maybe not all of us are paying players, but we ALL still want to suit up again and get back to our ship bridges, to lock and load disruptors, phasers and our other hand-weapons... and get back to business.

We've been stuck sitting and waiting till now.. time to get this set right. And at this point, more than just answers I think are deserved to us. Master Keys aren't the least of what I'd think we might consider as reparations. but hey... I'm just rambling here

Paying players?? Give me a reason to spend money for STO. :mad:For what should i waste my work at my job and money? For cryptic's errors? :mad:If you go to a TV store, for example, you will buy a damaged TV? For what the hell deserve cryptic our money? They offer nothing to work. I am very sure i will waste money for cryptic but only when they will have a product that deserve my money. There are 6 days since S8. I still can't play, the game continue to crash after login screen. So, money for what?
  • dono1008dono1008 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    please fix the crash at cryptic loading screen... i want to try season 8 :(
  • yavonayavona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I understand that no game is perfect and bugs are to be expected but since the release of S8 there are tons of bugs some of them werent there before like enemies suddenly seeing and fireing at you while cloaked :(. And not sure if this was ever mentioned or if it was meant to be this way but there also bugs with the Voth weapons for instance the cannons "fire effect" doesnt show so its as if your not fireing a weapon though it makes the sound just no effect which is really makes it hard to target and see where your aiming :( please fix these glitchs..
  • bornbaddbornbadd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would love some bugs .....IF I COULD EVEN LOG IN ~!! :mad:
  • kelryerkelryer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tremere12 wrote: »
    Shortly after the release of season 8 I noticed a bunch of highly irritating and detrimental bugs (in addition with some old bugs) that makes the game look kind of laughable at the moment.

I keep seeing players crash from, let's say an STF, much more than before. I often seem to join an STF where there are only 3 players present instead of the regular/avarage 5.

I think the entire stack of space-consumables disappearing after usage of only one consumable from inventory has already been reported. I almost beat Hive onslaught elite with 3 players... almost because the life-saving batteries disappeared from the inventory... and got my behind whooped one too many times to continue. Yes there are work-arounds to this problem right now, but that's not the point.

Also please remove that respawn cooldown from Hive Onslaught, it serves only to aggravate. I'm not talking about the respawn timer, but shortly after you respawn you can't hit full impulse immediately, have to wait a couple of secs first.

Also in example I recently lost a Hive ground STF as well in a very similar fashion because I kept failing to revive my teammates during a heated moment with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation... which is now even more broken after the new season patches. Now considering this problem came since the beginning, how about a christmas surprise soon: just make it simple enough to work on let's say a 2 meter circle radius anywhere near a fallen comrade and you're done.

Adding to your post, the menu bars are also broken.

For some unknown reason (probably due to half-assed coding) the 3 bars get stuck and you cannot change them. Say for example that you have set your powers and consumables on bars 1 to 3 and slipstream drive and other non essentials on bar #4. Clicking on the arrow to change one of them works well the first try but then, if you need to change them again, they get stuck and you cannot access your powers/abilities/consumables until you restart the game.

Also, if you press ctrl + 1, 2,... 0 after starting a fight on a mission or whatever the game crashes.

Also, the dilitium store bug (the one that prevented you from buying stuff from the dil store and that was supposedly fixed months ago) is back so some of us cannot buy Jem hangar pets and other stuff.

Way to go Cryptic!

You take one step forward and like five steps backward. You even necrobugged the game (yep, I just made that word up to refer to the act of resurrecting dead bugs).

Hope one day these morons coding for the game either fix those issues or die.
  • cassielynacassielyna Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Since the beginning of the gateway, I've tried to save the browser, but it never actually saves- every time I want to access the gateway, I've needed to get and input the email code.

This weekend, I tried to access gateway but, as usual, I had to get the code emailed to me. Except this time, the email didn't send until this morning.
    Cassie Lynn@Achlyssa
    Directive 010
  • confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cassielyna wrote: »
    Since the beginning of the gateway, I've tried to save the browser, but it never actually saves- every time I want to access the gateway, I've needed to get and input the email code.

This weekend, I tried to access gateway but, as usual, I had to get the code emailed to me. Except this time, the email didn't send until this morning.

You probably need to turn on cookies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'll bet that has something to do with not factoring the dilithium mine discounts into the requirements.

That would definitely explain a lot.

After the release of Season 8, this issue on the Gateway persists (Totals not being correct, thus allowing attempt at donation, even though already filled, giving the impression that the donation itself is what is broken, since the donation is not accepted).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • velvetsanityvelvetsanity Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The link to the fleet page from my character page is greyed out. It was working fine a week or so ago.

Character: Adri Prex
    Fleet: Children Of the Void

browser: firefox 25.0.1
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So what's the problem now with the Gateway?

I don't see any pictures or infos of my characters, gear, ships, Boffs.
    Fleet Button is greyed out.

You are more and more damaging the infrastructure of this game. Me and hundreds of other players are unable to enter the game since Season 8 und you are still not able to hand out any information to us about the problem.

If you are not able to provide a stable game then PWE should hire more experienced graphic Devs to fix your bugs.

I am usually not using such tone and I always defended cryptic even during the launch und maintenance period of LoR, but this is just ridiculous.
  • jfitz999jfitz999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ever since maintenance today there is a glitch where it copies frames and freezes them so i can't see where i'm going so that i can't play the game would like to have this fixed soon so i can keep playing
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am usually not using such tone and I always defended cryptic even during the launch und maintenance period of LoR, but this is just ridiculous.

Already during LoR it was just ridiculous... :P

Anyway, if it may helps, from Arc push I'm playing via Steam and I survived S8 Patches with no problem at all (just a "loading" message text bar for a few sec).

Definitively worth a try or at least a thought. ;)
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So what's the problem now with the Gateway?

I don't see any pictures or infos of my characters, gear, ships, Boffs.
    Fleet Button is greyed out.

I am experiencing this too. I am currently unable to log into the game proper due to bandwith restrictions and have been trying to manage my fleet through the Gateway. Also I need to be able to look up my BOffs names and bios for my fanfic writing.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    I am experiencing this too. I am currently unable to log into the game proper due to bandwith restrictions and have been trying to manage my fleet through the Gateway. Also I need to be able to look up my BOffs names and bios for my fanfic writing.

This makes two of us....
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • explainationexplaination Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So...For me an experienced Fleet Admiral of a large Fleet been playing for years with multiple accounts over time since this game was created. This is a great expansion but these bugs are really bad.

Inventory screen freezing causing disconnect
    Slow startup & Lagging upon entering game even to the point of disconnect
    Pixels in graphics while both walking and flying in space freeze screen or turn it white
    Unable to complete new PvE's because of disconnects
    Stacks of consumables used when you click just one
    Fleet roster unable to show Date/Time members log online
    Fleet roster only shows 10 members at a time
    Certain Foundry and Episodes cannot be completed and must be dropped
    Some members unable to even log online
    Dilithium mine discounts not being correct
    Some hotkeys are not even working right

I am sure there are many more i am not aware of...

Seriously I would just take STO offline till these, not all but most of these problems can be solved. People will understand and be glad that they will be fixed.

U.N.S.C.
    Chief of Fleet Operations
    Fleet Admiral Yur'as@explaination
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There seems to be a bit of confusion on this thread. Some people are reporting very legitimate bug reports for the launcher or gameplay here. This thread is for the STO Gateway, which can be found here: http://gateway.startrekonline.com/ It's not the actual game or launcher. (also note, when the server is down, the gateway is probably down as well)

If you have Launcher problems, you'll get more response/help from reading through and posting in this forum: PC, Network and Other Technical Issues

You can also file a bug report and read about launcher issues on the Support Home Page

I am not trying to be rude or anything, you just have a better chance of finding other threads with your problems, and maybe even some suggestions (although lots of people are experiencing login issues which are not fixed). Fingers crossed that you can find help with your issues there.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Xchange search does not work for purple items.
    Example: i search for dual beam banks mk xii as 'purple': no results.
    I search for dual beam banks mk xii (exactly the same entry) as 'any', all are returned, including the purples that were not detected with the first choice, but do actually exist.

Some very few items seems to be able to bypass this bug and actually appear. But that's 1 in dozens or so.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jfitz999 wrote: »
    ever since maintenance today there is a glitch where it copies frames and freezes them so i can't see where i'm going so that i can't play the game would like to have this fixed soon so i can keep playing
    So...For me an experienced Fleet Admiral of a large Fleet been playing for years with multiple accounts over time since this game was created. This is a great expansion but these bugs are really bad.

Inventory screen freezing causing disconnect
    Slow startup & Lagging upon entering game even to the point of disconnect
    Pixels in graphics while both walking and flying in space freeze screen or turn it white
    Unable to complete new PvE's because of disconnects
    Stacks of consumables used when you click just one
    Fleet roster unable to show Date/Time members log online
    Fleet roster only shows 10 members at a time
    Certain Foundry and Episodes cannot be completed and must be dropped
    Some members unable to even log online
    Dilithium mine discounts not being correct
    Some hotkeys are not even working right

I am sure there are many more i am not aware of...

Seriously I would just take STO offline till these, not all but most of these problems can be solved. People will understand and be glad that they will be fixed.

U.N.S.C.
    Chief of Fleet Operations
    Fleet Admiral Yur'as@explaination
    Xchange search does not work for purple items.
    Example: i search for dual beam banks mk xii as 'purple': no results.
    I search for dual beam banks mk xii (exactly the same entry) as 'any', all are returned, including the purples that were not detected with the first choice, but do actually exist.

Some very few items seems to be able to bypass this bug and actually appear. But that's 1 in dozens or so.

Guys you are in the wrong thread. In this section we report bugs about the Gateway-Homepage where you can look into your character, Boffs, ship and gear infos and your fleet progress.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fleet Holdings don't display the correct amount of contributions needed. I think this might be related to the mine discount?

For example, if a project requires 1020 Fleet Marks, it displays it as needing 1200.

Only the display is wrong - it still only accepts 1020 Fleet Marks, and when everything is complete it will show the "time until completion". It's going, but the Gateway still thinks it's not fully funded yet, so I see 1020/1200 with the Contribute button available (even though it won't accept anything).

This applies to DOffs needed, commodities needed, etc.

On Firefox 25.0.1 on two different computers in two different locations.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As far as i remember, the gateway never worked for me. The contributions i made through the gateway never reflected in-game. I thought the gateway was mrely decorative...
  • idkodeidkode Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Fleet Holdings don't display the correct amount of contributions needed. I think this might be related to the mine discount?

For example, if a project requires 1020 Fleet Marks, it displays it as needing 1200.

Yeah, I second this. It acts like you can add extra contributions too, but you can't.
  • warcwarc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To new to create a thread, so am posting here. Went to launch this morning and had like a 510kb download. After patch I keep getting error36: a file was locked that could not be opened for writing.

Any suggestions?

TY
  • gatorfan1291gatorfan1291 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have seen this problem all over the web in many different forums on all different sites.. I just downloaded the Arc Program, and I went to login to Star Trek for the first time and the "Login" button is clickable, but of course does nothing. I was a huge fan of SWTOR and wanted to try this game out, but the process has been overly ridiculous and full of issues. Why does this button never seem to work for me or my friends and how to we fix it before i rage quit.
  • velvetsanityvelvetsanity Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is the wrong thread for this, but a lot of people seem to have trouble with ARC (myself included). A workaround is to use the steam version.

That said, for me gateway's been saying that STO is offline for about a week now (though I'm still able to log in to the game and play)
  • aeonthehermitaeonthehermit Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm having problems where the gateway:

Never displays my ship correctly, whiting out the name and coloring the entire hull pink for some reason.

Never displays my captain,

And displays all of my equipment with incorrect rarity borders.

Can you look it up and fix it, I think the Gateway is a wonderful idea, but I can't use it in the current state its in.

-Aeon
    STO in a shellnut.
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst."
    -Elim Garak
  • trichotillomaniatrichotillomania Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so far:
    missing boff traits, missing detailed item information
    fleet contribution doesn't work at all
  • drug2drug2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello I just found a bug with STO gateway when i try to see my obelisk carrier in it nothing shows but an image of the ship but every other ship i have * Breen ships etc* show up please help I use Mozilla firefox web browser
  • seraphtcseraphtc Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm trying to log in to Gateway, but I'm not receiving the email verification code. My details are absolutely correct, and the account is working fine (I've just tested it using an account with a different provider).

Using Firefox 26.0 (not that I think that should matter).

EDIT: It worked. The email just took approx 20mins to arrive - in which time ofc it timed out. Logging back in with the same code seems to have worked, and the email confirming access and saving the browser arrived promptly.
This discussion has been closed.