test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

disconnected from server after patch (Resolved)

Comments

• sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was in Sirius Sector trying to get to SFA. Got DC'ed a few times and joked about it with my fleet. Finally reached Sol, announced it in fleet chat, clicked 'enter Sol system', and...yeah I DC'ed. LOL

That's when I decided to read the forums instead. :D
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agreed. Even tho I would understand the technical answer I just want to know the ETA on the fix. Don't waste time typing out a novel that could be better spent hammering down the bug and getting this thanksgiving started right.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • zyhark#1465 zyhark Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tehibris wrote: »
    OK, so here's something that may be useful. In my Logs directory, under GameClient, the ClientServerComm log has:

Now, although I'm a software engineer and not a network engineer, the line about bytes transferred being less than zero looks really odd!

Is any of that useful?
    This is the wrong thread for that but I'd say yes.
  • jlkad98jlkad98 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    I can roll with that.
    You may have missed my post: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6725041#post6725041

Cheers,

Brandon=/\=

wrong link to page are u bugged too!
  • jayjaxhdjayjaxhd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You know what they say everyone is an expert :)

well i found an few errors and critical errors in the debugger network settings in the update are wrong and they updated the outdated update that was already causing problems.
  • michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zykurai wrote: »
    That's true, but coming from someone who studies in IT and has 2 brothers in game dev, I can tell you that often these sort of problems are very technically and to put it simply: most people wouldn't understand much of what would be said if they did explain it. Also we (generalizing here) don't like to take time explaining and we'd rather be fixing and simply acknowledge that there's problem and say that we're working on it.

Well, I know squat about cars but at least my mechanic tells me what's wrong, what needs to be done, and how long it'll take while his gofer's are polishing his tools, or whatever they do. I know that my doctor also gives me the same info but about me, not my car. This is the same thing, really, something is broken (ill) and the mechanic/doctor/coding-type person has to make it better. We (generalizing here) are interested parties, given that we want to play the game, so we have a right to ask and not be spoken to condescendingly by someone who studies in IT?
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Update on how long the eta to fix this ?

:rolleyes:
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Looks like I won't be doing anything in STO today it won't stay connected longer than 5 seconds.
  • hakaaragornhakaaragorn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Normally someone from Crypic or PWE would at least try and blag a reason for the game being utter dog TRIBBLE tonight after 24 pages of people posting saying the server is kicking them off.

I find it rather funny that we are having this problem and BranFlakes just put up a dev post saying they are proud of the server taking the strain of new and returning players pretty well...
  • zyhark#1465 zyhark Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, I know squat about cars but at least my mechanic tells me what's wrong, what needs to be done, and how long it'll take while his gofer's are polishing his tools, or whatever they do. I know that my doctor also gives me the same info but about me, not my car. This is the same thing, really, something is broken (ill) and the mechanic/doctor/coding-type person has to make it better. We (generalizing here) are interested parties, given that we want to play the game, so we have a right to ask and not be spoken to condescendingly by someone who studies in IT?
    I wasn't trying to be condescending. I'm simply offering a possible reason why they don't bother giving you the details of what exactly is wrong based on my personal experience.
  • cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh, man! It's a good thing you were here! See, the people who's full time job it is to maintain the servers had NO IDEA that the server was having problems until you got here and told them.

And, obviously, you were the only person who could do it! There's not, like, thousands of people who're trying to play the game but can't, and already mentioned the problem on various other forms of social media. ONLY YOU COULD SAVE THE SERVERS!

You're like Captain freaking Kirk over here!
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So I got in for like 30 min,, then I am out again.
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lots of folks fell in love with STO including me; once you realize STO is your g/f or b/f or bff.... you'll realize you've courted a game that doesn't keep itself clean (Disease checks?), is very very promiscuous.... and then suddenly 'comes down with a cold' all too often when in a lengthy relationship with you; his/her partner without explaining they're seeing someone else.

This is the only reason I can think of that the game D?Cs (other than this patch) usually for some people and not for others because not of people's internet connections... but because the game has some sort of twisted soul.

My mind is at ease; now that I know the truth. Our game is sentient ! O_o it despises unpopular Season Releases!!!!

Revelation! Or... I'm just crazy.
  • tigerhandlertigerhandler Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bring the servers down and fix this mess guys!
  • thunga42thunga42 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Something is really wrong in this patch.

Out of server every 10 minutes

I'll wait for another PATCH!! :eek:

atleast you lasted 10 minutes. I cant stay in long enough to change my DOFF missions.
  • xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yup same here like clockwork every 5 minutes. it also erases all progress of the rommie marks misison..get to 76% bang DC ..log back in and back to 0%.

Gonna go see if my planetside Download has finished, while i watch a movie instead
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    Update on how long the eta to fix this ?

:rolleyes:

soon(tm) :D
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    joker13874 wrote: »
    :D...1 Bug, 2 Bug, 3 Bug, 4 Bug, 5 Bug.......1978546 Bug, 1978547 Bug, 1978548 Bug...:D

to the ∞ bug.... and beyond!
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, we certainly needed another thread about it.
    Thanks for covering that part of us.
  • bain4bain4 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • treffelltreffell Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well thats it then

sentient

makes more sense to me then a cook that doens't taste the food afor they serve it

as to cause, i know, as to solution, i know, but its not as good as sentient STO

great, just great
  • jengamanjengaman Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some people have been playing fine without DC's... yes it sucks that we aren't in that lucky group - but the devs will take the server down IF they decide that doing so would make finding the problem(s) and implementing a fix easier/faster. Or they could shake a feral cat at it, menacingly.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    to the ∞ bug.... and beyond!

Welcome to Bug Trek Online... which they claim their most precious foundry which is going to be a seperate mmo soon and they are doing a special limited time offer with the duplos company to get everyone into the raining of duplos with the foundry!

Bugs and Duplos Online!
  • devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited November 2012
    Im crashing constantly!! :mad:

kthxbye!
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • mastergenera1mastergenera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bring the servers down and fix this mess guys!
    :cool:
    needs to be done yesterday.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi Captains,

The team is on the case and is working to resolve this ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It's getting stupid, I'm not the only irate sto player here, we all have projects to finish and being constantly disconnected is costing us dilithium and energy credits.

we only have so much patience
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • thunga42thunga42 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      I would hope that the devs would post something official about what they are doing. Not all of us use twitter and they should communicate on all the social sites about this.
    • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      jengaman wrote: »
      Some people have been playing fine without DC's... yes it sucks that we aren't in that lucky group - but the devs will take the server down IF they decide that doing so would make finding the problem(s) and implementing a fix easier/faster. Or they could shake a feral cat at it, menacingly.

Wouldn't the feral cat turn on the devs first? That's scary. Anyways, I hope this gets fixed soon.
      aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    • jayjaxhdjayjaxhd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      Welcome to Bug Trek Online... which they claim their most precious foundry which is going to be a seperate mmo soon and they are doing a special limited time offer with the duplos company to get everyone into the raining of duplos with the foundry!

Bugs and Duplos Online!

you ment bug trek offline
    • sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited November 2012
      Oh, man! It's a good thing you were here! See, the people who's full time job it is to maintain the servers had NO IDEA that the server was having problems until you got here and told them.

And, obviously, you were the only person who could do it! There's not, like, thousands of people who're trying to play the game but can't, and already mentioned the problem on various other forms of social media. ONLY YOU COULD SAVE THE SERVERS!

You're like Captain freaking Kirk over here!

Wow! I understand your feelings regarding the OP but this seems a little harsh.
    This discussion has been closed.