test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

disconnected from server after patch (Resolved)

Comments

• Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can a moderator address this guy's offensive foul language. I've made one post, merely about disconnection issues - !?

look if u dont like braveheart thats fine no needs to cry like a little girl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    burt777burt777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Are you guys tring to comit arakiri or what? Server keep disconnect me!!!!!!!!

nandospc wrote: »
    just login 3 times and 3 times disconnected, not just me but all of my fleetmates and friends on sto...

wtf? :confused:
  • Options
    jengamanjengaman Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    huh what foul language

You said ***** when quoting Willy Wallace, and ***** you for doing so. ****

• Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Someone is not gonna get a turkey for thanksgiving... :P

I had the occasional disconnect after the patch, but now I can hardly get into the game, before it disconnects again. It seems that the problem is increasing as the hours fly by.
    Can i assume there will be an emergency patch-patch before next scheduled maintenance?
    I cannot have a starship full of duty officers relaxing. Can you imagine the mess they will create, when they have off-time to go havoc with the replicators? the engineers are quite adept at modifying the blueprints for the various beverages.

Instead of a full scale war against the universe, I am now being held up in my quarters petting my tribble. this is outrageous :D
    /Floozy
  • Options
    michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've restarted my computer, I've restarted my router, which was advice from tech support, kept getting d/ced, good thing i've got my cigarettes to keep me calm

Yeah, this has been one helluva time for me to quite smokin' and drinkin', I can tell ya! :)
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • Options
    rmackiermackie Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is good they are close to a fix...I hope it fixes it, but i guess i fall back is a good old server kick, i mean restart
    Commanding Officer USS Intrepid

Commanding Officer USS Frontenac

Commanding Officer Enterprise NX-01
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    jengaman wrote: »
    You said ***** when quoting Willy Wallace, and ***** you for doing so. ****

i didnt realise pressing shift and number 8 alot of times was bad language i thought it was little stars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You can also go to school and learn stuff like "spelling"! :D

(Sorry, so sorry... couldn't help myself there!)

*slaps myself on face* :P

Maybe the keys on your keyboard have a foul smell... I usually hit my keyboard with some lysol from time to time :)
  • Options
    kytho74656kytho74656 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The server disconnects have increased. I wasn't doing anything, ingame, yet...but wanted to at least point out that something is causing this to increase.

Thanks.
  • Options
    dbb00kw0rmdbb00kw0rm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm getting DCed in bunches. I'll have 5 minutes where i DC as soon as I log in, and then 5 minutes where I don't DC at all, and then it DCs a bunch again.

Haelyn - level 50 Federation Tactical Officer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I stream near-daily at http://www.twitch.tv/grapplerbot#
  • Options
    kelmorbranonkelmorbranon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Clearly, this is the result of failed negotiations over the new contract between Cryptic Studios & Q.
    "If your conscience is bothering you, you should sooth it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the ENTIRE Alpha Quadrant. And all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal, & the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I call that a bargain." - Elim Garak
  • Options
    monsterofbloodmonsterofblood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm a KDF and I've disconnected 8 times
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am also getting continuously disconnected.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Clearly, this is the result of failed negotiations over the new contract between Cryptic Studios & Q.

Never negotiate with an omnipotent entity when entertainment is on the line.

http://i.imgur.com/0ag6U.jpg
  • Options
    kadix1kadix1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the same problems.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I tried over like 50 times to get my main toon to the fleet starbase but disconnects before I ever get there...

I feel sorry for any Cryptic people reading these posts... its probally like being in a small confined space with no air left.
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I get disconnected soon as i log in.

Friend gets disconnected soon as he clicks the reputation tab or just after.

Now we cant play at all!
  • Options
    jdalton1jdalton1 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yh, im having problems myself, ive been disconnected 3 times within the space of 2 minutes, i want to play Star Trek Online not Star Trek Offline :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ROW ROW row your boat gently down the stream
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's been like 5 pages!! Where the fix man!!

At this rate I might have to ring my sister and listen to her telling me for hours how brilliant the Twilight saga is. Do you want that on your conscience??
  • Options
    summerrenobaumsummerrenobaum Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Anyone working today or did you all leave after hitting the patch button and running out the door for Thanksgiving?

For how much money I have pumped into this game in the past month, patch issues with the "shared" or whatever you call it are a bit uncalled for, you have a test server don't you? USE IT!! You shouldn't have done a patch this close to the holidays anyway, your only pissing off a lot of people atm. As a matter of fact, Why can't you move the patches to like 3:30am in the EST? Why for the love of god do you have them at 9am EST? For people who have money that play STO on their days off it's annoying! Sorry to say this but it seems like a bunch of kids, not reasonable adults are running this server. Get your act together before I go play,.. eww,.. WoW.

While I am at it,.. I got a few other complaints you will prolly ignore, but since I can't play the freaking game and shoot some borg, I will vent my frustrations on you!

Things that bug me,...

Just outside the transporter room on ESD there are little grey squares in the textures. there little blotches all over the wall like your censoring something, it's been there all last season, seriously fix it it looks like pixel bird TRIBBLE!

Also, LCARS Textures on the ships and Star Base interiors! Please for the love of god, honer the memory of Gene Roddenberry and take more effort in to actually putting the textures in the LCARS correct. I think it's a little embarrassing that a muli-million dollar company cannot take a little more effort in ensuring the quality of model building. It's like you don't know how to UV-MAP or at least fake it enough to make it look decent. You just post the Textures up randomly. I personally have built ships for Second Life that look better then most of your ship interiors. I don't mean that as insult, more like fact.

Joystick, why do you have not programed a proper joystick controls yet? You fly space ships! I think that constitutes joystick play. I had to half rig my keybinds with external programs to get this work.

Holdings, why don't you have an option to let the entire fleet see what is coming down the pipe line VS only the people who manage holdings see it? I had to let people in my fleet all the way down to Officer have "Manage Holdings" option turned on just to let them see it, now I run the risk of another "Bartender" Project coming up!

BARTENDER! Why on gods green earth do you need that much Booze for a bartender that doesn't do hardly anything?

Seems like you all are working hard creating Romulan worlds etc, which is great, but your over looking some very basic simple game play issues. Do you not have paid beta testers? Might want to look into that..

I do love the game, I am just frustrated with the amount of money I am pumping in to not be able to play it atm.
  • Options
    rgrgeomrgrgeom Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    absolutely unusable! very angered cryptic. i demand some form of compensation considering im a lifetime subscriber and i cant even play the game i have payed for.
    Long Live The Empire!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ROW ROW row your boat gently down the stream

Daughter says twinkle twinkle little star... OH NO IT GONE!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    revalah wrote: »
    It's been like 4 pages!! Where the fix man!!

At this rate I might have to ring my sister and listen to her telling me for hours how brilliant the Twilight saga is. Do you want that on your conscience??

LOL omg i lol'd so hard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    revalah wrote: »
    It's been like 5 pages!! Where the fix man!!

Oddly enough, still a better love story than Twilight.
  • Options
    vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zykurai wrote: »
    Ok so this has worked for me and a few other people (so far), so I'm re-posting it in here so that others may try it.

If you don't know how to do this, when you open up your client, there's a button in the upper right corner that says "options". Click it, and a box will open with a bunch of different things you can enable/disable via checkboxes.

Click on the checkbox for "force verify" and hit OK.

Then log into the client and it should verify the game (it will say patching). Once that's done, hit "engage" and see if you can stay on for more then 10 minutes. If you can, that's a good sign.

Best of luck.

This works. Pat on the back. Thnx:)

Edit:Spoken too soon. But it worked for 10 minutes. :P
  • Options
    kytho74656kytho74656 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They have these small issues from time to time after updates, I am positive they are checking into it.

You can give her everything you have, sometimes, she will give it back to you. Just watch out for the exploding console in front of you, and hope you are a regular bridge officer and not the ensign bring the drinks. :)
  • Options
    maerdynmaerdyn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    no DC since ... hm, when STO started?
    CO LT, STO LT, played NWN and NWN2 before and another DnD games
This discussion has been closed.