What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 7 Update! More Changes Inbound! Posted Nov 20, 2012

Comments

• Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i wont to know when more kdf ships are coming out somthing well thought out like the vesta for my kdf sci. :(

but loot back yer!!!!!!!! ive been missing it :)
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dastahl wrote: »

Daniel Stahl
    Executive Producer
    Star Trek Online

Thanks.

Now forget about work and go enjoy the Holidays with your family and friends.

Happy Thanksgiving.

STOMP AND BE JOYIOUS OVER ALL THAT YOU HAVE TO BE THANKFUL FOR IN THIS LIMITED RIDE THROUGH THE COSMOS ON THE PLANET EARTH.

Roach
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yay

Now i can be excited to play this weekend again!
    :eek:
  • Options
    centapeedcentapeed Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Could we have more ship desighns flavors for the Klingons.
    It seems that alot of focus went into the SF ships but the KDF kinda just got wimped out.

(Note : it would be nice to have a few more choices for ship builds. Charature creation is exstreemly large but ship builds are rather - small and confined)

Also I know everyone loooves higher ships but how about some for the lower end or middle groups?

How about making new episodes that are ship "level" specific?

How about more credit type ships or giving us a choice to buy ships with credits instead of DIL's or ZEN's?
  • Options
    spectographicspectographic Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey dastahl and everyone else.

I welcome all these changes! THANKS! And very much so! I can understand the change for the foundry daily and the concerns for the dilithium market.

Especially, I am looking forward to the dicing and looting at the end of STFs!!!
    And I am curious about the new way to earn fleet marks, they have been hard to come by these days :).

However, as my title mentiones, I would like to suggest further improvements in this direction (without wanting to be a total a?%$!!!!!) for fun is the most important thing:

- do the changes to the STF loot make CURE-space attractive once more OR do the space STFs stay more or less the same so that there is no incentive of playing the harder ones? If there is none... maybe there can be one?

- is there a way to get the fly-in message for squadron loot back online so that we all can see what others choose (need/greed) to role? There is an option under fly-in notifications, however the mark does not stay when you leave the window and there is no fly-in afterwards)

- the improvement of the satrbase-advancement-projects is welcomed so far, but!!! now they are boring in a sense, that they are all the same: geting together Marks, Dilithium and thing for Energy Credits obtainable via trader... why not put SOME (meaning an amount which can be organized by a fleet relativley easy through organized action in e.g. Romulan Temple Fleet Action) commodities and consumables back into the project AND some variety into the personnel needed to put into it (meaning SOME green SOME blue, SOME purple fruits ;)) A little grind/hunt for some items would revive the EC market and make the starbase building more interesting than just buy from traders till you finger drops to the desktop.

- cosmetic idea:
    why is there still a mission for Gorn Minefield Action with no reward except for XP under the avaiable mission while there is a second daily one with a reward? Just asking... There are a few more, where it is the same. These just spam up the avaiable missions and make the overview not so much an overview ;) They just take up space, no?

- STORES
    there are new stores for the reputation system... why exactly does every player have to get to it instantly? The small room on DS9 was so cosy, wasn't it? Why not build the Omega Store there? I can understand that people want to get their things fast... but why not gather at a place... might be a little bit more of a game feeling, no? I, myself, am for a reactivation of Omega's cosy place on DS9, so that we buy our newest equipment in the company of fellow veterans and share the latest gossip or newest tactic while drinking a Raktajino.

Again, thanks for the changes, I am looking forward to them. First time in two weeks I really am eager to get online once more!

Best,
    D

EDIT: I'd like to join my comrade: Enjoy your holidays!!! Changes are good and make us have more fun, but you should have fun, too!!!! Enjoy!
    Fun is Obligatory!
  • Options
    kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Postitive changes at last...
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • Options
    captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank You dastahl.

Your reputation has just increased.:)
  • Options
    shannaraeshannarae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you dev team for listening to the players.
    The coming update(s) look really promising. :D

Cheers!
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank-you Mr. Stahl.
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    resistance9resistance9 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The first ray of hope i have seen from you guys. THANKYOU for FINALLY listening...now get off ur collective behinds and get this going even if u take the game offline for a full 24 hours to do it just do it thats much better than us waiting around til season 8 for u to fix season 7
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,845 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So is that it...the kdf will see a anniversary ship every year and nothing more? While feds get ships left and right.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Tis stuff went live on Tribble yesterday afternoon. What happened to testing time? Personally, the lack of quality control and failure to address graphical and stability issues is one of the biggest issues Cryptic completely ignores!
  • Options
    clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yep - many more points on the "pro" side of the tally! The new content is great, but the problems were getting in the way of enjoying it all to its full potential. This shows you are indeed listening to the player/customer base, and I can't say how much that impresses. Put simply: 'very much appreciated; thank you!
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dan,

Great news!

Glad to hear that these changes are going to be implemented.

VERY excited for the Winter Event and the 3rd year anniversary.

I am also very excited for the Feature Episode replays coming up. I was just thing about that the other day too... hoping that it comes by again... :)

To you and the dev team a happy Thanksgiving!
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    In January we'll be releasing an Andorian Ship on the Federation side ...

The anniversary event will also offer a new special free ship for both Fed and Kdf players much like we gave away the Odyssey during last year's event.

That's all I saw.

If your record is anything to go by, the Feds will receive another unbalanced ship ... and the KDF scraps. Under your tenure STO has never improved, unless you were a fan of the blue.
  • Options
    asaph1asaph1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The updates sound good to me.
  • Options
    hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for the detailed post and much needed changes to the game. Also, I want to thank you for taking my question (I was the andorian Sheva) last night during your Q&A session on New Romulus #2 regarding the Borg Medical Analyzer kit. It would be great if it could return as an unlock in the Omega Force rep store (its current cost on the exchange makes it prohibitively expensive to acquire for most players these days), and also the possibility of new Engineering and Tactical versions of the kit as well. Also, I hope Tachyon Harmonic gets fixed soon (my play-style as a dedicated sci officer depends heavily on it on the ground).

Oh, forgot to ask last night if you asked that enterprising artist on your team if those antennae animations are ready. I recall you (or was it Al Rivera?) mentioning that in a podcast interview recently.

Thanks again, dstahl! :)
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Keep up the good changes, Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't run beta drivers then? :confused:

I always test them when games update. Gotta love the rollback feature introduced in XP. =P
  • Options
    clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just an FYI: my HUD is still telling me I'm in my shuttle instead of my starship. I know you're working on all of these things between now and December, but since the mention of this fix is in the release notes for today, I thought I'd mention it.

Again, thanks for following up on all of these issues!
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I held off on the commenting on how I felt about the dil changes for a whole week to "suck-it-and-see". Glad I did because it didn't feel too bad to me but then I was a social butterfly when it came to my choice of action for the day (a mix of mission progression, doffing, exploration, STF, PvP and so on...). To see many of the negative changes reversed or at least altered to less negative is simply brilliant.
    Now, to my only remaining gripe... starbases for small fleets.
    I joined a fleet of 5 others and persuaded my wife to join too. We began to contribute and both got promoted to officer within a week based on contribution and general good behaviour ;)
    Trouble was our leader was then absent for over 2 months and our only remaining "active" senior officer was absent for a month after that. Good thing is that I was eventually able to take over the mantle of leader (the original founder is still leader too, if he ever comes back) and I was able to make serious headway into starbase upgrading. Unfortunately, there's only the two of us and my alt doing the work so it's tough.
    As everyone is looking for ways to improve things depending on fleet size, why not take a leaf out of D&D Online:Eberron's book? There, I was in a "small" guild which meant its members received guild XP (which goes to improvements on your guild ship) at an increased rate (almost double if I remember correctly) and we began to attract new members due to the upgrades. We were hurting for a while when we hit "medium" guild bonus and our improvements began to slow, but more active members meant more input overall. Larger guilds get no bonus as they have huge numbers of members anyway.
    Offering a simple fleet mark bonus depending on fleet size would begin to help. As would a simple scale which reduces the items/dil/data samples/personnel required.

Just a thought...

Oh and LONGCOATS for Klingons please!:D
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just cant stay for 5 minutes in the game!! It disconects me from the server!!! Anyone else having the same problem??
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crimpson7 wrote: »
    I just cant stay for 5 minutes in the game!! It disconects me from the server!!! Anyone else having the same problem??

yeah patch didnt work im sure they will bring server down once they fingure out the problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bordermonkey91bordermonkey91 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Vesta Bridge Please! 50 Bucks and i feel ripped of for only 90% of my purchase. Now i have seen Marks Blog so I know what he would like as a bridge. If you cant do this then redo the old Nova Bridge and stick the vesta as MSD.
    jzjjb9.jpg
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow... This was almost a engineering report...

I miss Engineering reports.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah patch didnt work im sure they will bring server down once they fingure out the problem

Same problem here, hopefully they'll fix it quick, half day off work...
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lianthelia wrote: »
    So is that it...the kdf will see a anniversary ship every year and nothing more? While feds get ships left and right.

Where did they state that? I may have missed it.
    Otherwise I would hope that the quote in my signature would point to the opposite for the future of teh KDF fan.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,845 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Where did they state that? I may have missed it.
    Otherwise I would hope that the quote in my signature would point to the opposite for the future of teh KDF fan.

They didn't really state it, but lets face it other than the vet and anniversary ships we haven't seen anything unique for the KDF since 2011...and 2013 is rapidly approaching.

Feds just got the Vesta and they have plans for a Andorian ship in January already.
  • Options
    redstarsweredstarswe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think the stf's have become a bit more boring since s7 hit, mainly because there was no chance drop anymore. I am glad that this is changing:) I don't run stf's for the dilithium or the marks, I do them because I enjoy the experience and team play.

I contribute to the fleet projects, but I haven't felt the need to do any embassy projects yet. If the only required marks I probably would, as it is now I don't have the time to run around collecting all of the other stuff needed such as weather control systems or whatever. I'll do another stf instead:)
    A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
  • Options
    alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well done Cryptic!

Now just reduce the required dilithium amount for DOffs recruitment/reassignment to a reasonable one, and you solved anything left.

So that I can finally enjoy the new awesome content with no more worry about the previous Farmville-like economy.

You're doing an amazing job with this game, always adding and improving, I like almost anything - besides the economy, it still needs some work.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
This discussion has been closed.