test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Get your Steamrunner for $10

123457»

Comments

• sillybritsillybrit Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the explanation, Branflakes. I was indeed looking in the C-Store.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    asphe wrote: »
    "\steamapps\common" will appear if you have any games installed. Steam likes to put all installed games there. If it's not there, just install STO via Steam but interrupt the download process. All the needed folders, .blob and registry mods will be done. THEN copy/move your current STO folder.

I've just tried this and Steam still insists on downloading the entire game! I think the problem might be the fact that steam is downloading the files to...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\downloading

And not directly to...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common

I've even tried pausing the download, recopying the Star Trek Online folder to steamapps/common, deleting the files in steamapps/downloading and restarting Steam. Still no luck though. Steam still insists on downloading the game.

Has anyone got any ideas?

PS: I'm not doing this for the Steamrunner offer. I'd simply like to run STO through Steam in future because I find myself using it quite a lot these days for other games I play.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've just tried this and Steam still insists on downloading the entire game! I think the problem might be the fact that steam is downloading the files to...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\downloading

And not directly to...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common

I've even tried pausing the download, recopying the Star Trek Online folder to steamapps/common, deleting the files in steamapps/downloading and restarting Steam. Still no luck though. Steam still insists on downloading the game.

Has anyone got any ideas?

PS: I'm not doing this for the Steamrunner offer. I'd simply like to run STO through Steam in future because I find myself using it quite a lot these days for other games I play.

How about copying your Star Trek Online folder (or the contents of) to the /steamapps/downloading folder? Then run "Verify Local Content" when you open Steam again and let Steam try it as a completed "download"?
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How about copying your Star Trek Online folder (or the contents of) to the /steamapps/downloading folder? Then run "Verify Local Content" when you open Steam again and let Steam try it as a completed "download"?

That was a very good suggestion and well worth a try! Unfortunately it didn't work though. Thanks for trying to help! ;)

I guess for now I'll just keep running STO without Steam until a work around can be found.

Damn Steam anyway for introducing that "Downloading" folder! It used to be so simple where everything downloaded and installed into "Common"! Why couldn't they have just left it as it was? It wasn't broke yet they insisted on fixing it anyway! Oh well! lol.