test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Get your Steamrunner for $10

Comments

• kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pegasuscic wrote: »
    Call me a sucker, but for $9.99 I picked it up. You actually get two Steamrunners, a crappy low level one to match all the MK II garbage and the a refit Steamrunner with 4 fore and 3 aft weapons slots. I figured for the price, you get stuff you can sell or use on a new low-level toon. Still cheaper than $25 zen store.

Yeah, it doesn't seem that bad of a deal for 10 bucks. For 25 its much more questionable.

And why is everyone mad about having to buy something from steam? I thought everyone was a pre-beta Vet that owns every retail & digital copy of the game. So you should already be used to buying STO products from other sources.
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    So this 10 dollar ship has better shields than the 20 dollar fleet ship (2000 zen) I was saving to buy ?

Cryptic sure has a funny way of telling their customers they're important.

>>customer lost
    :mad:

Its a 25 dollar ship, and just on sale for 10. So don't be mad and grab it if you want it.
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    asphe wrote: »

PS If you follow the below. You shouldn't need to even install the Steam client.
    Well great i'll do that then.

To redeem your Starter Pack after purchase:
    Visit StarTrekOnline.com/Splash
    Create a free account. Already have one? Please log in.
    Once logged in, click the ?My Account? link at the top of the Star Trek Online homepage.
    Once in your ?My Account? portal, click the ?Redeem Key? link.
    Enter the key in the field and click ?Submit?.
    If you have not done so already, download the game at StarTrekOnline.com/Download, install and log in.
    You can claim your promotional items through the in-game C-Store, under the ?Bundles? tab.
    QWhere do I get the key from?
    I made the purchase with my credit card.
    I was emailed a comfirmation number. Is that it? it's 11 digits long.

i.e. go to http://sto.perfectworld.com/ and log in, go to My Account and Redeem your key (ignore the 'key has to be 25 chars long').[/QUOTE]
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just been spent over 2 hours trying to claim my Steamrunner and I just learned that it's only for those who play STO on Steam?

What about us who don't use Steam?

If we bought it on Steam? How can we not use it?

Not only for those on Steam... just buy the DLC... start STO downloading on Steam right click on the game in the Steam library and hit view key. Copy the steamrunner key and redeem in on your account here.
    7NGGeUP.png

• walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Right click on the game in Steam, select "view CD keys".
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
    edited November 2012
    start STO downloading on Steam right click on the game in the Steam library and hit view key. Copy the steamrunner key and redeem in on your account here.
    7NGGeUP.png

• kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    infenra wrote: »
    Just claimed it on one character, now unable to claim it on another, any suggestions?

Do we know for sure if the ship is an account unlock? or is this like the other starter pack that is one per toon?

EDIT: I take that back.

From the steam page:

Note: This pack unlocks the following items for every Federation character on an account. If you delete a Steamrunner starship, you must reclaim it from the ship store. You must be at least level 2 to open this pack.
  • blazewardogblazewardog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    infenra wrote: »
    Just claimed it on one character, now unable to claim it on another, any suggestions?

I'm having the same problem. I only bought the ship as I thought it was account unlock :/
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    Do we know for sure if the ship is an account unlock? or is this like the other starter pack that is one per toon?

The steam page says
    Note: This pack unlocks the following items for every Federation character on an account. If you delete a Steamrunner starship, you must reclaim it from the ship store. You must be at least level 2 to open this pack.
    So I would say its an account unlock
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Trying to do that now and hope it works.

/sigh Cryptic should clarify these promotions better with you needing X in order to get Y. Know what I mean?
  • psyloafpsyloaf Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope, I bought the STO Digital Deluxe for release. All you do is enter the code on your account. I don't actually use Steam for STO.
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel T6
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How silly since the armitage can wear a "steamrunner" skin lol. They just get lazier and lazier.
    :eek:
    edited November 2012
    Not only for those on Steam... just buy the DLC... start STO downloading on Steam right click on the game in the Steam library and hit view key. Copy the steamrunner key and redeem in on your account here.

How?

I don't understand the blasted thing.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vinru821 wrote: »
    How silly since the armitage can wear a "steamrunner" skin lol. They just get lazier and lazier.

no, that is NOT a Steamrunner Class it is something that looks kind of like it ... but all ugly and isn't the Ship from the Show at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    How?

I don't understand the blasted thing.

Go to the STO page in the Steam client. Click play now. It will start downloading the game. Go to the library page and pause the download, by right clicking on STO. Then right click on STO again and hit View CD Key and copy the key and redeem it on this site.
    7NGGeUP.png

• rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    too bad..... i am over budget. i spend no money at all during season 7.
    edited November 2012
    Go to the STO page in the Steam client. Click play now. It will start downloading the game. Go to the library page and pause the download, by right clicking on STO. Then right click on STO again and hit View CD Key and copy the key and redeem it on this site.

WOOOHOOOOO! GOT IT! THANK YOU!!!

If we were in person, I'd give you a massive bear hug! :D
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Worked for me, thanks to the instructions on this thread, so thanks a lot there.

It's a great looking ship. :D
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Got it. Thanx guys.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So - if we already have the Steamer from Cleveland version, we have to buy ANOTHER one, yes?
    edited November 2012
    WOOOHOOOOO! GOT IT! THANK YOU!!!

If we were in person, I'd give you a massive bear hug! :D

I take energy credits... :P No Im just kidding, glad you got it.
    7NGGeUP.png

• walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So - if we already have the Steamer from Cleveland version, we have to buy ANOTHER one, yes?

You don't have to buy anything, no. It's your choice where to spend your money.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Will this be another ship not added to the foundry?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    amosov78 wrote: »
    I always preferred this version of the design: Streamrunner-class.

Speaking of variants, does the Steamrunner come with any? Can it be mixed and matched with other ships?
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No variants and the pattern option is ship wide.
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    corgatag wrote: »
    To anyone who has it already: can you provide more details on the Resonance Cascade Modulator console?

Can it be equipped on other ships?

What's the cooldown? 3 minutes?

What's the proc exactly? 0% bleedthrough and +20% shield resistance for 30 seconds?

Didn't see a response to this yet, so I'll answer it. It's a Universal console that can be equipped on any ship in any console slot. It affects the entire team, doesn't seem to have a range limit, no bleedthrough and 20% shield resistance for 12 seconds, 3 minute cooldown.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • corgatagcorgatag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jbmaverick wrote: »
    Didn't see a response to this yet, so I'll answer it. It's a Universal console that can be equipped on any ship in any console slot. It affects the entire team, doesn't seem to have a range limit, no bleedthrough and 20% shield resistance for 12 seconds, 3 minute cooldown.

Good info. Thanks!
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been told it's a typo and it's actually "1".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well is not a Typo! Mine Defiant has more shield and she is 0.9!

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/cerritouru/Defiant.png

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/cerritouru/Steam.png

So this ship is 0.7 at least.. and I buy it beacose you said it was 1!

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Double post.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Of course the sale ends the day before i get paid.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Of course :) Anyone can purchase it after signing up with Steam.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Why do we HAVE to sign up with another company? Stuff liike this I really do not care for. I hope this will alsO be in the actual Cryptic C-Store at some point. I don't see why I should have to sign up for a service I honestly don't want to get a ship in STO I would want.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It should only be 7 digits long :) ----V

I believe it should have been in your email. Info:
    1. Visit StarTrekOnline.com/Splash
    2. Create a free account. Already have one? Please log in.
    3. Once logged in, click the 'My Account' link at the top of the Star Trek Online homepage.
    4. Once in your 'My Account' portal, click the 'Redeem Key' link.
    5. Enter the key in the field and click 'Submit'.
    6. If you have not done so already, download the game at StarTrekOnline.com/Download, install and log in.
    7. You can claim your promotional items through the in-game C-Store, under the 'Bundles' tab.
    I got mine. Worked perfectly. Thanks Brandon!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.