test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good-bye, old friend! Hello phaser lady!

Comments

• thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Go nuts man, go nuts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thratch1 wrote: »
    I took a break from my work to make an irresistible sketch.

http://tinyurl.com/bbhhbkm

*Just fell of my sofa lauching* :D:D
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    toiva wrote: »
    Heh, never expected this thread to go for so long. :P

I guess more people are out of the game watching the new front page than playing (myself included, I just can't find reason to log in for the last couple days, and since today, even less than before).

Anyway, go on! That picture needs to be changed!

I think the majority complaining forgot that the marketing department is aiming to attract new players who are traditionally teenage boys. This IS a business even tho F2P.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I LOL'ed so hard.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You are awesome.
    This is gold.
    Pure Gold.
  • poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Needs more Khan chest.
    jfsig02.png
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As adorable as the girl is... this new "Pretty" chap would be even better.

But can he get a manlier pistol?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    It is done.

Nice .
    Now if you make one with the two of them side by side.
    That would be awesome.
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tpalelena wrote: »
    As adorable as the girl is... this new "Pretty" chap would be even better.

But can he get a manlier pistol?

Did you ever notice how TNG+ hand phasers are quite possibly the most phallic space weapons ever?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tejanahawktejanahawk Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    would everyone be satisfied if they had Pat from the SNL skit firing a phaser? LOL
    200px-Itispat.jpg
    edited November 2012
    It does looks a bit like a bended well... toy.

How can someone use that wacky handle to fire well without hurting a wrist?
    I mean, most Trek species have human like hands.
    So it can't be said its a weapon designed for wierd alien hands.

Maybe the Vulcan girl and this new Khaaan chest guy could stand back to back, looking double fabulous and adorable! :)
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think they pulled her, the entire pic is gone from the main site as well as the forum header. Weird.
    <edit> nevermind, it's back and as glassy-eyed as ever.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited November 2012

This is wonderful!

im surprised its not your forum pic for a short time at the least :D, or in a sig :P
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    or in a sig :P

Oh, but it is.
    edited November 2012
    Its a nice signature.

Wish I had artistic skills, but I don't. So I can't colour it.

Anyway, if you want to save the picture of the girl with the cute eyes, just right click on her image, and choose "Show background picture" and save to PC.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tejanahawk wrote: »

Come to think of it, pretty much every Trek show had their gal in a catsuit or ample viewing of cleavage.

T'pol, Kira, Troi, and pretty much every female costar on TOS.

TJ

The funny thing is Troi stopped annoying me right after Captain Jellico ordered her to wear a standard uniform. Before she was some whiny weak little child always on the brink of a nervous breakdown. Afterwards she even commanded the Enterprise once and took over helm control - and then she crashed it into the first planet she could find. Damn you Troi :D
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Oh, but it is.

Fabulous :D
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • tudenomtudenom Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    szim wrote: »
    The funny thing is Troi stopped annoying me right after Captain Jellico ordered her to wear a standard uniform. Before she was some whiny weak little child always on the brink of a nervous breakdown. Afterwards she even commanded the Enterprise once and took over helm control - and then she crashed it into the first planet she could find. Damn you Troi :D

Even better when she put on a Romulan uniform and was impersonating a Tal Shiar agent - she OWNED that crew!
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tudenom wrote: »
    Even better when she put on a Romulan uniform and was impersonating a Tal Shiar agent - she OWNED that crew!

Yeah that was one of my favorite TNG episodes. ;)
    edited November 2012
    She did make a very commanding Romulan presence.
  • lmrtlmrt Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seriously tough, i think the new "cover girl" is sexist and inappropriate for a Star Trek based game, and she is Vulcan people, not a freaking Elf...
    I would like to see male and female characters wearing proper uniforms.
    Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"
    edited November 2012
    Captain Kirk would dissagree.

But then again, I don't care if they paint her uniform fully zipped. But I sure hope her face remains unchanged.

The picture shows a pair of very enchanting eyes, which are sure to draw in as many players as the cleavage.
  • lmrtlmrt Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Where are those people that star those threads like "Cryptic change this ASAP or we will quit"? XD
    Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    I think the majority complaining forgot that the marketing department is aiming to attract new players who are traditionally teenage boys. This IS a business even tho F2P.

As I said several times already, I'm fine with a sexy (Vulcan) chick (althought I'm also fine with the old good phaser guy). It's just that I want a better quality picture on this game's main page.

Not this pointy-eared Emma Watson (good catch, some of you, that's why it made me think of "witches" ;) , well, that and the falling/flying pose as well :P ).

Again: Please, commission a picture worthy of Star Trek. Be it an Orion female, I don't mind. As long as it's quality drawn.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    edited November 2012
    lmrt wrote: »
    Where are those people that star those threads like "Cryptic change this ASAP or we will quit"? XD

Most likely doing something ignorant :D

I honestly don't see what's wrong with the vulcan's face.

But seriously , Star Trek series always did have an attractive female crew member.

Plus I would not complain if there was a handsome, well muscled young man with a ripped Kirk shirt.

I did not see the Harry Potter or the Twilight movies ( I will never watch/Read anything Twilight, for Dracula's sake) so I don't know what's wrong with her face. Her face seems like that of an attractive female around 25.

And Star Trek canon wise:
    -Women can be captain? Yes.
    -Women can look good? Yes.
    -Women are not restricted to early 20th century clothing styles? Yes.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Betazoid_wedding Here is the proof.

If people in canon can go around naked, do we have any moral ground against a jacket with its zipper pulled down to show some cleavage that you can see on everyday television and on the streets?

When did sexism turn from not letting women vote and work on the same positions as men into sexism being Not restricting women's clothing to a very covering style? Is that not against women's rights? I'm starting to get a logical meltdown here.

I know some people are over or hypersensitive, but seriously this is ridiculous. I just advise such people to never, ever visit a beach strand, and keep their heads down on the streets because a lot of women (and men) dress way, way more revealingly then the female vulcan on the picture.

And yes, I would not mind getting Old Phaser guy back in addition to the vulcan. Why not have both?
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    szim wrote: »
    Yeah that was one of my favorite TNG episodes. ;)

Likewise. :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Maybe it's a Human/Romulan ... plenty of reputation there.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you guys need TRIBBLE, mini skirt and blue eyed elf, sorry, Vulcan, to attract customers, that say a lot about the state of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Perhaps it could be just me, or perhaps I'm about to articulate what's bugging many of us with this artwork...

My main beef with this picture is the combination of "fourth wall violation" with that alluring look on her face. That one tidbit, alone, suddenly changes the entire connotation of the shot - now instead of being a neutral action scene (like "handsome phaser dude" was), I get this impression of "dear, we're almost done with this grueling mission that caused our separation. While I'm jumping/diving for your arms and our long-delayed reunion, let me "60's western one-shot" that problem immediately to the right of you"...

Straighten the lady up and have a slightly more stoic look on her face as she actually looks at her target and suddenly she shifts from a "sex (lust) object" to a fair, objective, female that's representing "Starfleet's finest"... Even in that low-cut open top straight out of the 60s...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]