What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 7 Dev Blog #8

Comments

• Options
    squonkmansquonkman Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    o Visuals of the Ground Set will be an entirely new variant of the existing Mk XII MACO Ground Armor

So, what's going to happen with the old visuals? Will my current MK XII set be replaced?

I like the news that my BOFFS now also can show the visuals. Will they need to actually wear the armor (like usually) or do I only have to unlock them as a costume option (like the way it's for the player atm).

Or: Will this only work on fed side since KDF BOffs currently don't have anything visible outside their basic clothing?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Why on earth would you want to play an MMO if you don't like grinding?

Maybe we have different definitions of grinding. I define grinding as content you do more than 10 times. And I absolutely don't get why anyone would want Cryptic to design content that only gets played once or twice.

I have substantial disagreement about how the S7 rollout is happening but I think it's pretty absurd for Cryptic to design content that isn't targeted at being played 40-50 times per player, at least... And honestly, I'm frustrated both at the loot tables for FEs (not pushing replay) and at players who say they want to play content once and be done with it.

Again, I may totally be misunderstanding your definition of grind but I see the word as synonymous with heavy repeatable play and I take real issue with the idea of fellow players not wanting to do that. Because when and if you don't do that, Cryptic will stop making that kind of content. As well they should.
    I have to agree. It's an MMO. It's just logical to spend more time on things people will play more often. Why do people play "City on the Edge of Never"? The item in the mission reward, or because they want to see the story. Which means most people will only play it once.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    The designers had a desire to see more people playing the Fleet Actions by making Fleet Actions the best source of Dilithium. Keep in mind that STFs will reward Dilithium AND Omega Marks - and Omega Marks can then be converted to more Dilithium after you've hit max level in Omega, so it may seem just be a short sighted argument.

You are REALLY messing up small fleets with this dilithium TRIBBLE.

It's hard enough for us to gather all the dilithium we need ... and now we have MORE dilithium sinks and less ways to get it.

Tell me, Mr. DStalh ... Do you want small fleets to roll over and die right now? ... Do you WANT smaller fleets to go begging to the larger fleets???
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Technically it's an octahedron, not a diamond. :)
    Yes and no.... Borg "Diamond" is the official name of the ship type. Thus "Borg Queen Diamond" is a proper noun. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Ok... youre weird. :P No seriously... these issues are pretty big. And they should be addressed.

And going back to your conversation with mewi, I will say that "if longterm players quitting doesn't concern Cryptic, then they don't belong in this business." and "if they can't take feedback in all forms, then they aren't appropriately conducting themselves as developers." are both true.

Developers live and die by their player base. If Cryptic does not care that players are going to quit if things keep up like this... Cryptic will die, and STO will along with them. If they cant take feedback in all forms, whether or not its critical of them or otherwise, then they are doomed. Ive seen it happen with other developers who get shuttered when their games fail.
    Yeah... but feedback made of nerdrage isn't something you can actually act on. Thus it gets tossed in the "unhelpful" bin. If you want devs to listen you have to post something more substantial than "we don't like the new stuff".
    Is there something between the lines I'm missing here, or are my own items really being taken from me and held hostage until I grind enough of the game to get them back?

Thank God I already have everything that proto-whatevers can get me, but unless someone clarifies exactly what the devs mean by this I'm gonna grind all of 'em into dil and wait for the S7 dil market to crash before cashing out. I don't mind having stuff converted into new marks or whatever in principle but I'm not going to have them taken from me to bully me into grinding the same damn missions I did to get them in the first place.
    Not the equipment items. EDCs and Borg techs get converted to something that goes in the box. any actual equipment items stay where they are.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    ba11isticsba11istics Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Uh You guys better look at your legal binding agreement before releasing 7. If monies is involved (which is ) You state its ours till Star Trek is no longer in service. Uh I dont think I like what I am seeing at this point. Id rather you let me decide if my hard work goes into a PER-TAY F.U.B.A.R.'ed Box for another dil sink hole grind fest!
  • Options
    wackywombatwackywombat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You know something just occurred to me, why is ANY Omega force currency necessary in Season 7?

I do appreciate that Cryptic is getting rid of the ridiculously complicated token exchange system, but if the set rewards are gated by reputation level and missions why not just make them require Dilithium and/or Expertise?

The only real benefit I can see is that it provides a bridge between the old EDC/Salvage/Tech currencies and the new system. Since our previous marks are getting held until T5, that points practically moot.

You could also argue that it prevents people from farming the non-elite stfs for MKXII gear, but then what's the point in the reputation system?

I'm not completely against it, but it does seem like there have been a number of needlessly redundant currencies only implemented to force farming in the last few updates. The EDC/Salvage/Tech are one example or, to a lesser extent, the fleet marks for the Starbase system.

Personally, I'm all for eliminating the redundant and streamlining, so what extra are we getting with the new currencies?
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Mr. Stahl, in the hopes you are still following this thread, in some way, let me explain how I personally view (Refined) Dilithium, because it seems it hasn't come off clearly yet around here (I think, I tried to read all posts, but might have still missed it). I would hope I'm not completely alone in those opinions.

On any given toon, the amount of Dilithium I can ever get is set. Without buying Zen and converting it, I can only ever get 8 000 Dil for each future day the game exists and I'm alive, playing the game. It clearly is a fixed, limited number I won't be able to surpass.

Whenever a dilithium price is added to something ingame, more so if that something is almost mandatory to get through, that price is substracted from the mentioned limited amount I'll ever be able to get on that toon. This limited amount gets smaller by each dilithium spending I do. It is not replaceable.
    Due to the daily refining limit, I cannot simply earn more Dilithium to make up for the Dilithium spent. Even if I spent the whole week doing nothing else than playing high dil reward missions, I just couln't get back on the level I was before the purchase.

Compare it with ECs (or dilithium ore, for that matter). If I decide to buy a nice, say, Mk XII purple tac console off the exchange, and spend a couple dozen million ECs on it, I can later on replace this loss of ECs by playing more than before. There is no limit on how much ECs (dil ore) and how fast I can get. I am therefore more inclined to spend a currency such as ECs (or dil ore, if it were possible), because this loss is not definitive. If I want to, I can make up for it with "more playing".

Imposing however small a Dilithium tax on the reputation system means that I will definitively loose all that dilithium (the 80 000 Dil or so on each one toon), not being able to replace it. And it is the same thing with the Fleet system (that requires much more of Dilithium), apparently even the Romulan reputation and most likely every other new "faction reputation" down the line.
    All those expenses (relatively small in themselves) combine for a large amount of Dilithium I effectively loose.

Ok, that's my take on it. Taking part in any of the future reputation systems effectively means cutting down my income without any way to make up for the losses.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    this may or maynot have been discussed at length already so if it has been please disreguard

im not a fan of having all that stf loot yanked from my inventory and shoved into a box that i can only open once ive complete the new rep system why not have it set up at as you complete each tier you get 1/4 of that loot back to instead of being shoehorned into you only get it at the END of the process

If it helps, the only things being yoinked are tokens (EDCs, Salvage, Requisition, etc). Those are being converted to the new marks and will be held for you until later to spend.

Drops and gear (such as M.A.C.O., OMEGA, and Klingon Honor Guard) will still be yours and not be touched.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You know something just occurred to me, why is ANY Omega force currency necessary in Season 7?

I do appreciate that Cryptic is getting rid of the ridiculously complicated token exchange system, but if the set rewards are gated by reputation level and missions why not just make them require Dilithium and/or Expertise?

The only real benefit I can see is that it provides a bridge between the old EDC/Salvage/Tech currencies and the new system. Since our previous marks are getting held until T5, that points practically moot.

You could also argue that it prevents people from farming the non-elite stfs for MKXII gear, but then what's the point in the reputation system?

I'm not completely against it, but it does seem like there have been a number of needlessly redundant currencies only implemented to force farming in the last few updates. The EDC/Salvage/Tech are one example or, to a lesser extent, the fleet marks for the Starbase system.

Personally, I'm all for eliminating the redundant and streamlining, so what extra are we getting with the new currencies?

From what I understand, the purpose of "type gated" currencies (Omega = Borg actions, Rommie and Fleet, obvious) is to steer/"appropriately reward" players for the type of content being played...

This is, IMO, a "shallow" attempt to get people to play varied types of content. As I alluded to in my earlier post, if the whole "3x 1-hour stints a week" is truly enough to handle a reputation system, I could (on a daily schedule) alternate between Omega area and the Rommie front, with the 7th day dedicated purely to my fleet...

And, if said concept really held true, then I would only have to divert at most, 1/2 of my daily dilithium earnings into the appropriate Reputation system I advanced that day. However, numbers I see right now indicate that I'd have to divert 10 days of solid 8,000 daily refinements just to clear one reputation system, then another 4-5 days worth to get the high end gear. Thusly, I now face the prospect of maxing out my refining for a solid month, unable to contribute to any other dilithium need, even the exchange, in order to get just to tier 5 Reputation and get the Mk XIIs at the end...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    partizan81partizan81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    Real money should always be more valuable than artificial currency. As a result of your dilithium exchange, the price of dilithium outweighs the price of zen (something that can be bought with real money).

Its a faulty system.

$1 = 1 zen = 158 pieces of dilithium.

I can't be bothered to read through 20 additional pages in the thread (and I assume someone corrected you at some point), but just to be clear: $1 = 100 zen = 15,800 dilithium.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes and no.... Borg "Diamond" is the official name of the ship type. Thus "Borg Queen Diamond" is a proper noun. :p

Stated where? It was never identified in canon.

We don't call the Cube a "Borg Square", nor the Sphere a "Borg Circle". This shouldn't be an exception.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    Ok, just checked with the designers and here is what they've done for Season 7

In Season 7, Fleet Actions will now become the best source of Dilithium between the two types of Events.

In addition Fleet Actions will now have better rewards in general

All of this could change before Season 7 hits, but that is what the current plan is.

(quote snipped for length)

Okay this is all pretty good and I like the way things are going but I see one major problem.

This hurts the KDF.

With Fleet actions being the new ideal source for Dilithium, the KDF are at a disadvantage. We all know that KDF has far fewer players (for various reasons), thus it's much harder to get fleet actions done as a KDF. Right now it's not an issue because with STFs being non-faction specific, a KDF player can just join with the Feds and get the same amount of Dilithium. When this goes live, the Feds can just play Fleet Actions (as is the intention) to get the best Dilithium, but the KDF will have to struggle just to get matches going. There will also (presumably) be less STFs going on for the KDF to use that as a refuge.

I saw this as a problem when Fleet Actions were first introduced because of the faction limitations. If FAs are the best source of dilithium it will leave the KDF at a disadvantage because they are faction-specific, thus cutting out a large portion of the playerbase that the KDF players have access to.

I know maybe it's canon, but these mechanics seem to hurt KDF players.
  • Options
    divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6243741#post6243741

What does that mean ?

Will I be logging on to a ship with no weapons after the patch ?

And what about the ground weapons and our boff's wearing full sets and the visuals, will they lose the stf weapons and thus visuals or will there be no post season 7 visuals on them anyway ?

Good question
  • Options
    ba11isticsba11istics Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    66 pages of Ideas and suggestions to help turn Season 7 into something worth while, beyond what we all see here at this point of 71 pages. I hope you see this as a poll of people saying what we see and have been told and whats on tribble at the moment is not making the majority happy no matter how you look at it. Im a life time member because I support this game. There is a ton of Logic here, Please take some of this into consideration before its too late, or is it to late already?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    divvydave wrote: »
    Good question

Relax. It's just the tokens and STF currencies being converted to Omega Marks, etc. Your gear, equipment, and visuals will be there but with some changes.

From the Season 7 Dev Blog #8:
    There are 42 items that will be converted including:

Encrypted Data Chips (EDCs)
    Marks of Requisition
    Recruit, Veteran, and Elite Requisitions
    Rare and Prototype Borg Salvage
    Common, Rare, and Prototype Tech

All types of these items will be immediately converted to Omega Marks and Borg Neural Processors when the owning character logs in for the first time after Season 7 releases.

Any items converted this way will go into a storage device which cannot be retrieved until the character reaches Tier 5 in the Task Force Omega Reputation System.

The storage device, called an Omega Conversion Crate, will denote how much of each item is stored for later retrieval and will remain locked until you achieve Tier 5 in the Omega Reputation System. Once unlocked, your character will be able to retrieve the Omega Marks and Borg Commodities that were converted along with a bonus amount of Dilithium Ore.

The Omega Marks (and Dilithium Ore) can then be used immediately to assist in purchasing any unlocked gear set rewards. After reviewing the data, the conversion rate for most players will allow for the purchase of a partial and in some case full set of their choosing. Or, if you?re already fully geared, an option will be available to convert surplus Omega Marks into additional Dilithium Ore.

Any existing Accolades, gear rewards and costume unlocks you have already earned by running STF content are yours to keep, even if you choose to not participate in the Reputation System.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6243741#post6243741

What does that mean ?

Will I be logging on to a ship with no weapons after the patch ?

And what about the ground weapons and our boff's wearing full sets and the visuals, will they lose the stf weapons and thus visuals or will there be no post season 7 visuals on them anyway ?

o.O

Does the blog not state that all your current gear (weapons, armors, shields, etc.) won't go away?
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    (quote snipped for length)

Okay this is all pretty good and I like the way things are going but I see one major problem.

This hurts the KDF.

With Fleet actions being the new ideal source for Dilithium, the KDF are at a disadvantage. We all know that KDF has far fewer players (for various reasons), thus it's much harder to get fleet actions done as a KDF. Right now it's not an issue because with STFs being non-faction specific, a KDF player can just join with the Feds and get the same amount of Dilithium. When this goes live, the Feds can just play Fleet Actions (as is the intention) to get the best Dilithium, but the KDF will have to struggle just to get matches going. There will also (presumably) be less STFs going on for the KDF to use that as a refuge.

I saw this as a problem when Fleet Actions were first introduced because of the faction limitations. If FAs are the best source of dilithium it will leave the KDF at a disadvantage because they are faction-specific, thus cutting out a large portion of the playerbase that the KDF players have access to.

I know maybe it's canon, but these mechanics seem to hurt KDF players.

OHHHH .... You just hit on a MAJOR problem.

KDF has always had faction specific queue problems with us having to wait and wait and wait and wait.

It's while cross faction queues were so helpful in the KDF.

This would be a definite problem.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    o.O

Does the blog not state that all your current gear (weapons, armors, shields, etc.) won't go away?

You are correct. Some of it might change in stats though, such as the Borg set which has been discussed a bit.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    stargazer918stargazer918 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Can Cryptic put this ship on the Ship and shuttle requisations person for a new ship promotion???

Why the hell does it have to be just for 1000 day vetrans!!! What about us Cryptic!!

Commander James Highland
    WASIC
    1st Fighter Command
    Commander James
    26th Fleet
    Task Force Avalon - CO USS Intrepid

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    genhauk wrote: »
    OHHHH .... You just hit on a MAJOR problem.

KDF has always had faction specific queue problems with us having to wait and wait and wait and wait.

It's while cross faction queues were so helpful in the KDF.

This would be a definite problem.

Just curious, I honestly do not know, can you cross faction a private Fleet Action match? Was going to go test this... but currently we are still down.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    destroyer4316destroyer4316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have through math and what I do in stfs confirmed that the new system will be better than the old. I usually play about 20 of each of the stfs at a time on a toon. That is to say i play 20 times a single stf (cure space normal 20 times, cure space elite 20 times, etc.). What follows is assuming that there will be a Into the Hive elite, normal and a space version elite, normal. And following my system of 20 playthroughs for each stf.

With the old system (3 normal ground, 3 normal space, 3 elite ground, 3 elite space) I would play 120 normal stfs and 120 elite stfs. The normal stfs award usually 480 dil and the elite 1100. Thererfore I would get 57600 dil for normal gameplay and 132000 dil for elite gameplay; a total of 189600 dil.

With the new system according to the devs if each normal playthrough gives 240 dil and 20 marks and elite playthrough gives 480 dil and 60 marks and if you need 50 marks for 500dil. Since there are now 8 stfs then I would do 160 normal and 160 elite. Therefore normal gives 38400 dil and 3200 omega marks and elite gives 76800 dil and 9600 omega marks. Now if 50 marks equal 500 dil then i can convert the marks 256 times equaling 128000 dil. The grand total is 243200. The total with the new system gives 53600 more dil then the previous and that is not including the dil from the fleet events.

By numbers alone the new reputation system is far superior to the old.
  • Options
    slick97477slick97477 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Your right destroyer it will yield more unrefined dilithium but at the current rate of refining at 8k a day it wont matter you will still be stuck at 60-90 days because of the refining cap..So grinding more unrefined dilithium is pointless if you cant refine more.
    If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
  • Options
    squonkmansquonkman Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Can Cryptic put this ship on the Ship and shuttle requisations person for a new ship promotion???

Why the hell does it have to be just for 1000 day vetrans!!! What about us Cryptic!!

Commander James Highland
    WASIC
    1st Fighter Command

Not that it's related to season 7 "extremely exciting" reputation system in any way but:

1) The ship IS on the Ship and Shuttle requisition list.

2) You can add a a layer of abstraction and consider that the price tag for the ship is 200$ (since it's the price to pay for the subscription that gets you the ship right now).
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok, at the moment we've got a lot of discussion about "WiP"-things. There are many people who want to continue to farm Elite-STFs for large amounts of Dilithium, we don't know what to do with all those Elite-Omega-Marks (or whatever they are called now)... So I just see a simple solution: Give us on Tier 1 of the Omega-Reputation-System the ability to trade those Elite-Omega-Marks for something about 1000 Dilithium each (not in a long assignment or project, use the store to give us the ability to trade it directly in for Dilithium Ore).
    This way we get a little higher reward for Elite-STFs (480 Dilithium + 1000 Dilithium for those "not needed Omega-Elite-Marks") and all those who are unable to do "hard missions for high rewards as a team" can compete with each other doing those old-school Fleet-Actions.

The only thing the Elite-STF-farmers would need to do is save up enough Dilithium-Ore to get to Tier 1 in the Reputation-System (2x 2x 40 hours =80 hours = 3 days and 8 hours - meaning: Save up 24 k Dilithium-Ore to refine during these 3 Days).

Now to these "we have decided to protect you from yourself"-lockboxes (the storage-devices)... You should have still the ability to turn every item stored in it into Dilithium to the old conditions. This way players who haven't transfered a character to the Tribble-Server can't complain that you hijacked their Dilithium-reserve. Even better: If a player took a break for a month and comes back after the launch of Season 7, he is still able to decide if he wants to save-up those items for the pay-day (the day he reaches Tier 5 in Omega-Reputation) or to pay out all those Dilithium.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Relax. It's just the tokens and STF currencies being converted to Omega Marks, etc. Your gear, equipment, and visuals will be there but with some changes.

From the Season 7 Dev Blog #8:

i have full maco set mk12 and all mk12 borg weapons so i assume the only change will be to my borg weapons? i realise i'll keep the sets but what EXACTLY is happening to my weapons, a change to the borg proc perhaps, any ideas anyone?
  • Options
    burchenallburchenall Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Mr. Stahl keeps saying that the reductions on dilithium coming from STFs are because you will get "tokens" (whichever their name is) that we will be able to turn into dilithium (I'm assuming that will be Dil ore and not refined Dil), but it's been said that the mission to convert those tokens into Dilithium it's going to be unlocked only when maxing out the reputation system and that this is prepared to only happen after at least 60 days, 90 days or even 2 months.

So... here's my question:
    How are we not going to be severely disatvantaged with that reduction if we are only able to get the "extra" dilithium those STFs give after 2 months or month and a half have already passed?

Edit: OK, yeah, maybe "severely" is a bit harsh :P
  • Options
    destroyer4316destroyer4316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    slick97477 wrote: »
    Your right destroyer it will yield more unrefined dilithium but at the current rate of refining at 8k a day it wont matter you will still be stuck at 60-90 days because of the refining cap..So grinding more unrefined dilithium is pointless if you cant refine more.

I have to say though that they might one day update the refine a day so why can't we be patient and wait. Look at how far the game has come from beta from alpha. You can't tell me it won't improve.
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have through math and what I do in stfs confirmed that the new system will be better than the old. I usually play about 20 of each of the stfs at a time on a toon. That is to say i play 20 times a single stf (cure space normal 20 times, cure space elite 20 times, etc.). What follows is assuming that there will be a Into the Hive elite, normal and a space version elite, normal. And following my system of 20 playthroughs for each stf.

With the old system (3 normal ground, 3 normal space, 3 elite ground, 3 elite space) I would play 120 normal stfs and 120 elite stfs. The normal stfs award usually 480 dil and the elite 1100. Thererfore I would get 57600 dil for normal gameplay and 132000 dil for elite gameplay; a total of 189600 dil.

With the new system according to the devs if each normal playthrough gives 240 dil and 20 marks and elite playthrough gives 480 dil and 60 marks and if you need 50 marks for 500dil. Since there are now 8 stfs then I would do 160 normal and 160 elite. Therefore normal gives 38400 dil and 3200 omega marks and elite gives 76800 dil and 9600 omega marks. Now if 50 marks equal 500 dil then i can convert the marks 256 times equaling 128000 dil. The grand total is 243200. The total with the new system gives 53600 more dil then the previous and that is not including the dil from the fleet events.

By numbers alone the new reputation system is far superior to the old.

Let me guess, you've failed at math in school...

1) You compare 240 STF-runs to 320 STF-runs,
    2) You missed all random Tech/Salvage-Drops that you could turn in for additional Dilithium and
    3) You missed the EDCs (120 for those normal and 240 for the Elite-STFs = 360 EDCs that you could turn in for more then 36 k Dilithium)...

To say it in other words: You compare what 3 workers could do to that what 4 workers could do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
This discussion has been closed.