test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7 Dev Blog #8

Comments

• vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ryan218 wrote: »
    You don't HAVE to pay for dilithium, do you?

You can earn it FOR FREE in-game.

Thank of it like that, and you'll be a lot happier... or at least, you'll be better informed that you don't have to spend real cash in this game.

Actually I do have to invest dilithium into the reputation system to unlock all my old earned gear, so yes I HAVE TO.

Not only is it gear I already have, everything that ever dropped from an stf will get locked down unless I pay dil.

Probably the most insulting part is how it's served up like we asked for it and should be greatful for all the help.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Why? Why does Cryptic hate its player base? Why do they insist on ignoring our feedback at every opportunity? Why do they insist on making things worse for all of us.

We wanted Mk XII gear to be available for large numbers of EDCs, that's all we ever wanted, that's all we ever asked for. It would have been incredibly simple to do, you only needed to add 6 new requisitions to the STF store, for perhaps 80 EDC each (to match with the ratio of the other levels). Instead, you foist this on us.

This system does nothing for all those of us who have spent months hoping to get our rare rewards. We don't get a guaranteed way to get them that takes into account our past effort. We get a long path requiring (once again) exorbitant quantities of dilithium, a resource already in short supply due to the fleet system. We're not really in any better shape with this, it's just that everyone else is hurt too. And you should realize how bad the demands for dilithium have become.

I have one friend who is close to mental breakdown from the demands of maxing out all of his toons on dilithium every day, just to satisfy the demands of his fleet. But the worst part is, he is the third ranking officer in that fleet, and does not consider it unreasonable, because that's just what it takes.

Even the rewards of the fleet system have been a disappointment. When I started hearing about the fleet system and the ability to acquire new ships and equipment through it, I was delighted. I thought that finally we would have a chance to access exciting new things without paying money for them. Then it was announced that Fleet Ship Modules would be required for all of the good ships, and large quantities of dilithium for all of the other items and the construction of the starbase itself. That's when my enthusiasm died, because the truth is, you have screwed us over at every turn.

You screwed us over with the fleet system. As people have complained about how weak science is compared to the other ship types, you have nerfed it further. As KDF players have complained about a shortage of content, you have promised to remove content for the Federation. And now, in response to complaints about how hard it can sometimes be to acquire these items, you have chosen to make it harder.

I have several times thought about purchasing a subscription or other item for this game. Each time, some new thing has come out that screwed over the player base, and I have decided that I did not want to give my money to support that. Now the only reason I am still playing is because I have friends in the game, and do not want to abandon them. That tie can only take so much before I return to my other games, like Warzone 2100, which is actually free.

Whatever Cryptic does, they're gonna p*** off some of the players. Consider that.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    Actually I do have to invest dilithium into the reputation system to unlock all my old earned gear, so yes I HAVE TO.

Not only is it gear I already have, everything that ever dropped from an stf will get locked down unless I pay dil.

Probably the most insulting part is how it's served up like we asked for it and should be greatful for all the help.

No, be fair here... any GEAR you have will remain in your inventory and be usable. it's just teh currencies that will get locked away until you are of sufficient Omega level to access it again (which is bad enough).
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • movodormovodor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The time involved to rank up the Omega Fleet Rep will require a few months of projects,<- "..."

As someone who has multiple copies of Mk XI ground and space sets, and significant reserves of related currencies..

No.

I cannot express my thoughts on this without going into getting a warning territory, so I'll just say

No. Just No.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    vestereng wrote: »

But, you earn dil in-game, you're not forced into paying physical currency for it. That's my point.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I hope this gets answered: Will the existing [Borg] weapons benefit from the new scaling proc?
  • ussdanubeussdanube Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Firstly, i'm really looking forward to season 7: New Romulus
    Secondly, I'm really looking forward to the new omega force reputation system. it's going to be a lot better than the current system.
    And finally, I really don't know where to ask this so i'll ask it here.
    Are we going to see the Romulans use D-7 class battlecruisers to replace their lost ships?
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In addition to the above changes, the existing STF vendors on DS9 will no longer be selling their wares. This impacts all of the Deflectors, Engines, Starship Shields, Personal Shields, Personal Armors, Kits, and other ?standard? loot items they offered.

Instead, the STF stores have been moved and updated to become part of the Task Force Omega Reputation System. Once you reach the proper tier and complete the store upgrade project, the stores will become available directly from the Task Force Omega Reputation UI.

But what will happen to Commander Roxy? :(
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes and my point was all the old in-comes are being replaced with expenses, such as proto salvages for ship weapons - which you have to factor in if you wanna do some math on rewards and time

And yes it is the same content unless they magically came up with a new omega visual since they posted the blog :rolleyes:

And no just because you add a +2.5 % chance to stun in the script doesn't magically make it a new set.
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    aarons9 wrote: »
    i think this whole thing is set to curb dilithium.. no longer now will we get to play stfs and get 1000s of dilihtium per run.. its just going to be the 1100 you get for finishing..

where do they say they will keep the set dilth amount you get now? I thought the dilth given was still under review?
  • josephkerrjosephkerr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    But, you earn dil in-game, you're not forced into paying physical currency for it. That's my point.

And my point, which you skipped over, is that mr Stahl's time frame is in no way realistic unless you DO pay physical currency for it.

I put it to Mr Stahl, is that all this is a way to monetise another area of the game. If reducing the time it took to get Mk XII gear and add new rewards, all they need to do is mak Mk XII gear available for a lot of EDC and add new rewards to the STF stores. I also put it to Mr Stahl that DL is NOT a time based currency, does NOT represent generic game time and he bloody well knows it.

On a similar note, we hardly need a new DL sink, yet sweet FA has been done about the EC economy...

Take the DL out of the imputs and I'll overlook the rest.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    so far i like the sound of this but does anyone know if this rep system will require dilithium and how much per tier?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You are a life timer... so you'd have to forget for like 7 days straight... it gets auto-refined for you...

The amount of marks dropped for completing an STF is not random

NEXT!

sadly it does not get auto refined i tried waiting 5 days and i could only refine 8.000 :(
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    STFs and Fleet Actions will both reward Dilithium as of Season 7.

For Fleet Actions, in addition to the gear drops there is a chance to earn:
    Gold: Purple + 2x Dilithium amount
    Silver: Purple + 1x Dilithium amount
    Bronze: Blue + 1x Dilithium amount
    All others: Green + 1x Dilithium amount

So no longer should you receive a "battery" as a Fleet Action reward - it should be at the very least a Green + 1x Dilithium amount (which I think is 480 but don't hold me to that).

I'd really really like to see Fleet Marks added to Fleet Actions... Why Not? Even if they are like 5 or 10 Fleet Marks. Adding DL and gear to them doesn't make them more relevant, I can get that stuff else where....
    edited October 2012
    nicha0 wrote: »
    I'll be cashing out all my stuff for dilithium unless some hard numbers come along, I'm not letting them TRIBBLE me out of what I earned because the average player spends everything they get and I do not, its simply not fair.

I don't stf a lot but I still have 60 proto salvage, 75 rare salvage, dozens of techs, 450 EDCs

i have 0edc 0 proto 0 salvage cus the 1st thing i do is turn it into dilitum for keys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    When we say "casual" play - we calculate that a player can earn all inputs necessary to complete the Rep system by playing three 1-hour session per week. That is very casual when compared to the greater amount of time most players actually play.

dude.... i have 11 Characters

where is that in your calculation?

by that i need 22 Months to get every one of my Chars to Tier 5? :eek:

OR 99 hours per week to do it in 2 months?

you are killing me here! how the hell am i supposed to do this?

this is how far i got in the current system
    http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/igowib0f/STFs.png

*scratches head*

that is 22 of 66 needed Proto Tech Drops or 33% DONE.

and i was playing CASUALLY (like in... when i feel like STFing some more, with huge gaps where i didn't play STFs at all)

anyway i've beaten your maps already, however you spin your new system, it's old recycled content, i've beaten it, i've b*tchslapped it in the face by soloing Armek [SCI melee Tank says hi] and i want to get the next challenge, not the next UI timer grind slapped onto old content... forcing me to play this stuff again even on the chars who even got the loot.

And what i've seen from the Hive simply wasn't good enough to scratch the itch.
    Add 6 new STF maps and twice the loot to that system it had before, and THEN you might make things interesting again.

Also, as i said before, the new approach that it doesn't matter what STF you play will only result in NO ONE playing Infected Ground (optional fails way to often) or Cure Ground (Armek + puzzle have both high potential to fail, at least if i'm not on my SCI tank ;P ), so how is that helping? Now everyone will just grind those boring space stfs. *meh*

Or are there some kind of *complete 50 ground to advance* gates in the rep system?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    so far i like the sound of this but does anyone know if this rep system will require dilithium and how much per tier?

Yes, it will require DL and depending on where you look, can take anything form 80k-200k, though I'm not settling on which of these I beleive. It doesn't matter though, its not the amount that bothers me, its that we need to use DL at all.
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You don't HAVE to pay for dilithium, do you?

You can earn it FOR FREE in-game.

Thank of it like that, and you'll be a lot happier... or at least, you'll be better informed that you don't have to spend real cash in this game.

You can stop the PWE propaganda.

The amount of refined Dilithium needed for projects,Doffs and gear with Season 7 is just ridiculous.Now matter how you twist and turn it,you are still stuck at 56000 refined ?free` Dilithium a week.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Yes, it does.

Not sure how much for the higher tiers, Tier 1 projects I have seen on Tribble require something like 300 and 900 depending on Reputation reward.
    Most likely higher tiers will double this at each stage like the fleet system does.
    So at T5 you are looking at pretty high numbers.

Maybe dstahl can confirm that?

Edit: Those numbers seem a bit high... but have to check on Tribble for teh exact ones.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited October 2012
    I have done 400+ STF's in the past 6 months and I have 1 Mk XI MACO ground set, the Borg Set, and the MACO and OMEGA space shields.

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CHANGES.

Most of them anyway.

you must suck at stfs..
    in the past 6 months i have ran up 11 characters to level 50..
    in that time EACH one has a full set of either khg/maco or omega MKXII gear, including full xii weapons.

each one has a full suit of xi ground gear (bought with edcs).. including several weapons that are in the boff slots..

more then half have at least one xii ground gear set piece. *i dont do ground on but 2 characters and they have a full suit*

i do not see these changes as being a step forward..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
    edited October 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    dude.... i have 11 Characters

where is that in your calculation?

by that i need 22 Months to get every one of my Chars to Tier 5? :eek:

OR 99 hours per week to do it in 2 months?

you are killing me here! how the hell am i supposed to do this?

this is how far i got in the current system
    http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/igowib0f/STFs.png

*scratches head*

that is 22 of 66 needed Proto Tech Drops or 33% DONE.

and i was playing CASUALLY (like in... when i feel like STFing some more, with huge gaps where i didn't play STFs at all)

anyway i've beaten your maps already, however you spin your new system, it's old recycled content, i've beaten it, i've b*tchslapped it in the face by soloing Armek [SCI melee Tank says hi] and i want to get the next challenge, not the next UI timer grind slapped onto old content... forcing me to play this stuff again even on the chars who even got the loot.

And what i've seen from the Hive simply wasn't good enough to scratch the itch.
    Add 6 new STF maps and twice the loot to that system it had before, and THEN you might make things interesting again.

Also, as i said before, the new approach that it doesn't matter what STF you play will only result in NO ONE playing Infected Ground (optional fails way to often) or Cure Ground (Armek + puzzle have both high potential to fail, at least if i'm not on my SCI tank ;P ), so how is that helping? Now everyone will just grind those boring space stfs. *meh*

Or are there some kind of *complete 50 ground to advance* gates in the rep system?

Wi-five for this too.

Also SCI tank that can solo Armek, but I do it with a shotgun :P
  • dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    josephkerr wrote: »
    No, you don't have to but that is clearly the intent, re-inforced by STahl trying to pass DL off as a time based currency when that idea was disproved way back when DL was introduced.

3 1hr sessions a week aren't going to get you everything you need to level up the "reputation" system (they're really good at calling things the opposite of what they are :P) in the time Stahl is saying it will.

We do consider Dilithium to be a time-currency. Here is why we think that.

We have always had a store in STO that previously sold items for CPoints and now sells items for Zen. The items in this store such as Ships and Costumes always required real money to buy.

Dilithium trade came about because we wanted a way for players who don't have any real money to obtain some of the Ships in the Store.

But in order for players who have money to be willing to give some up to another player there needed to be a reason, and that reason was time convenience.

Now all players can refine Dilithium Ore by playing the game. Every day you can refine some. So by playing the game and spending time in the game you earn Dilithium. Everyone can do this.

However, some players may not want to or want the convenience of not having to, so we offer the ability for player with money to trade it to another player for that player's dilithium. The Dilithium represents the time that player took to play the game that the other did not.

Some players are willing to buy Dilithium off of other players because they didn't want to take the time to earn it themselves. Plain and simple. We aren't the only game that has this system, but it serves the awesome purpose of allowing players with lots of time and no money the ability to get some money to buy ships and such.

So yes - Dilithium is a time currency.

When we calculated the Reputation system, we very clearly limited the total amount of Dilithium needed to level the system to be equal to the amount of Dilithium a player could earn if they played 1hr, 3x a week. The total amount of Dilithium needed to reach tier 5 in Omega or Romulan reputation is 82k total. When spread out over 60-90 days, this is what gives us the 1 hr, 3xs a week because we know exactly how much the average level 50 player earns in Dilithium per session and this amount is easily obtainable.

Yes the gear will still cost Marks, Borg NPs, and Dilithium on top of that as it did before, but that is why we're converting existing items to these numerics and given them to players. Or, you could just cash it all out now before Season 7 hits.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well TBH this system is really not inciting me to create or equip mor characters. Borticus stated that Mk XII purple weapons would cost 14k dilithium each. It'll take me one day of intensive farming to get ONE single poor isolated STF weapon. And I won't be able to get my cheap starter borg set after 4 STFs (with the wednesday bonus). Now every single unequiped character will be really slowly progressing and would take my whole time to build.

You've adressed one concern: sets parts. Great. I think you did a good job on that part of the game. But the whole STF vendor just disappearing is disappointing since the rest will take longer. So your right hand is taking away what the left hand just gave us.

I see no change, except that it'll take a fixed and predictible amount of time (but getting sets have never been an issue to me, and the borg set have always been enough) but over the time, a fixed duration is equivalent to a random system.

The main change to me is that stuffing will hurt my daily dilithium refining limit. How do you expect to address that? Cause I already reach the daily limit fairly easily with my duty officers on my main character, and I have no use of additional ways to earn dilithium... So basically you're inciting me to stick with that main char.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Season Seven's Dilithium & Zen Sink:
    (1) Fleetbase progression.
    (2) Embassy progression
    (3) Omega Reputation System progression.
    (4) Romulan Reputation System progression.
    (5) Fleetbase item purchases
    (6) Embassy item purchases
    (7) Omega Reputation System item purchases.
    (8) Romulan Reputation System item purchases.
    (9) C-Store Ship Purchases.
    (10) Dilithium store purchases.
  • domjotdomjot Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would really like an explanation on why the plan to withhold our Omega conversion marks until teir 5 makes sense at all.
    Even if some person got 10,000 Omega Marks and was allowed to use them for progressing the rep system, they are still held back by time requirements and dilithium inputs etc..
    All it does is rewards the player for doing the STF runs he already did, so he doesn't have to do them that much in the new system. This allows for more time to do the Romulan and embassy systems.
    edited October 2012
    thehavraha wrote: »
    Guys, if Dan says he's listening he's listening.

I'm not excited about exactly what I'm seeing either. We talk about it on this week's Podcast UGC. But usually when they say "we hear you", they do. That doesn't mean they'll chose to act on any of our input, for better or worse, but going "You're a liar you're not listening to us raawwr!" is disingenuous.

Obviously Dan is concerned about our feedback. That is about as much as we can hope for.

He's the EP, it's ultimately his job to decide the direction of the game from there.

podcast UGC/GNT show rocks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'd really really like to see Fleet Marks added to Fleet Actions... Why Not? Even if they are like 5 or 10 Fleet Marks. Adding DL and gear to them doesn't make them more relevant, I can get that stuff else where....

Fleet Marks are being added to more events and missions in Season 7, but I don't have the complete list yet.
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am still trying to figure out how much dilth will be rewarded?

Right now I know 1100 is rewarded at the end of an elite STF - but what about in season 7?
  • gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We do consider Dilithium to be a time-currency. Here is why we think that.

We have always had a store in STO that previously sold items for CPoints and now sells items for Zen. The items in this store such as Ships and Costumes always required real money to buy.

Dilithium trade came about because we wanted a way for players who don't have any real money to obtain some of the Ships in the Store.

But in order for players who have money to be willing to give some up to another player there needed to be a reason, and that reason was time convenience.

Now all players can refine Dilithium Ore by playing the game. Every day you can refine some. So by playing the game and spending time in the game you earn Dilithium. Everyone can do this.

However, some players may not want to or want the convenience of not having to, so we offer the ability for player with money to trade it to another player for that player's dilithium. The Dilithium represents the time that player took to play the game that the other did not.

Some players are willing to buy Dilithium off of other players because they didn't want to take the time to earn it themselves. Plain and simple. We aren't the only game that has this system, but it serves the awesome purpose of allowing players with lots of time and no money the ability to get some money to buy ships and such.

So yes - Dilithium is a time currency.

When we calculated the Reputation system, we very clearly limited the total amount of Dilithium needed to level the system to be equal to the amount of Dilithium a player could earn if they played 1hr, 3x a week. The total amount of Dilithium needed to reach tier 5 in Omega or Romulan reputation is 82k total. When spread out over 60-90 days, this is what gives us the 1 hr, 3xs a week because we know exactly how much the average level 50 player earns in Dilithium per session and this amount is easily obtainable.

Yes the gear will still cost Marks, Borg NPs, and Dilithium on top of that as it did before, but that is why we're converting existing items to these numerics and given them to players. Or, you could just cash it all out now before Season 7 hits.

no its not. its not a time currency i still can only refine 8.000 a day no matter how much time i put into the game.

the whole thing about takeing 60-90 days to get a full set is just bloody rediculus.

IF i want a mk XII set it should not take more than 10 hours to get 1 ITEM of the set.

not BLOODY 60 days !!!!
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    is it just me or is it getting like we spend more dilithium per day than we can refine per day ? , so why are they refusing to rase the daily cap even to 10k ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
This discussion has been closed.