test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Time out and Disconnection

I'm getting this every time I go anywhere near a Star base, barring drazona. This is a little silly, now that a measly patch was applied it throws off the stability of even being able to stay in the game, being a Lifer I thought we were done with this issue after open Beta............ Come on guys, sometimes i can't even get out of the star base or sol system, qu'nos system or Ds9 system or base, without 5 or 6 long Server timeouts, some resulting in Disconnect, Also rubberbandiing during ST'fs as well as getting Disconnected. surely I can't be the only one having this issue!
Post edited by ironeagledefense on

Comments

• amity3126amity3126 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yea this is crazy i have alot of trouble ever since this patch.
  • ironeagledefenseironeagledefense Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yeah it just doesn't make any sense
  • alexandurealexandure Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You guys are not alone. I too have been having problems since the last patch. I can only assume somewhere in the lines of code someone must have removed or tweaked something and it's messing with people's connections. Some of my fleet members are not experiencing this issue where others are.

Well, here's to hoping that they release a fix soon. It's a little frustrating when you're trying participate in a STF, or Fleet Action.

Signed,

Confused:confused:
  • mokonzimokonzi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm experiencing difficulties. Where are you based in the world. It could be network issues. I'm in Scotland in the UK.
    edited September 2012
    alexandure wrote: »
    You guys are not alone. I too have been having problems since the last patch. I can only assume somewhere in the lines of code someone must have removed or tweaked something and it's messing with people's connections. Some of my fleet members are not experiencing this issue where others are.

Well, here's to hoping that they release a fix soon. It's a little frustrating when you're trying participate in a STF, or Fleet Action.

Signed,

Confused:confused:
    indeed, same here heres to at least hoping its the microsoft's Big B008s code error or at least something humorous, so when we find out later we'll all have a chuckle over how irate we were swearing and threatening our computers very lives.......mine was very close to taking a swim earlier....
    edited September 2012
    I'm in Texas USA.
  • fuzzybuddsfuzzybudds Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am having this problem as well. The lagging/disconnects start around evening time EST time.
    edited September 2012
    fuzzybudds wrote: »
    I am having this problem as well. The lagging/disconnects start around evening time EST time.
    It's been all day and any time of day or night here. sadly........can't fix one problem without creating 4 or 5 more......
    edited September 2012
    is there a way to tag pwe_Branflakes in these posts?
    edited September 2012
    It's been all day and any time of day or night here. sadly........can't fix one problem without creating 4 or 5 more......

Same for me. I noticed it properly about 24 hours ago, but it could be from the patch time onwards, I didn't get chance to play for long before yesterday.
    edited September 2012
    it started yesterday for me, and has continued, increased and intensified I'm going to try to disable the on demand patching, let it patch the WHOLE GAME, hoping that will let me speed throught the loading screens, where 45% i get DC'ed or Server not Responding....
    edited September 2012
    Just kidding , the patch just stalled out at 6.2 % but internet speed on speedtest.net is 14mbps download and 5 mpbs upload......
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I've had this problem since last Wednesday night, right before the patch, and for EVERY... SINGLE... BLOODY... DAY... afterwards. I usually get dc'd during loading, and right now I've actually been waiting to get dc'd for the past 5 minutes on a loading screen. Sometimes I can't even log in. And this only just started last Wed. Dahell happened??
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Have to add my voice to this as well. I speedtest.net'd my connection and its actually higher than usual but since Friday night I've been getting serious lag and multiple disconnects.

I've tried rebooting the router, PC, clearing memory, etc. but it still persists in varying degrees. At one point I was watching NPC ships move across sector space in "spurts".

On Saturday night it got so bad I logged off, the rubber banding was making the game unplayable.

A question, have the people that have been having the lag/DC issues loaded Raptr and run STO through it? Thats the only difference I can think of and wonder if its causing the issues?

EDIT: Oh Cool !!! I've been promoted to Lieutenant on the Forums :) lol
    server_hamster6.png
  • baronshongobaronshongo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Last Patch...bad bad bad... I get "server not responding" on just about every zone at least 3 times while loading. Sol and anything with more than a few chunks of debris totally screwed. Space battles are REALLY bad. (have been blown to hell by Vishap....really?):mad: Want to pay subscription but not till these issues are resolved.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    definitely gotten worse over the last couple weeks. Worse it the drops from server after a looooooonnnnnnggggg server timeout. Was running the tour last night, just paid for a transwarp jump to borg space and the server times out (3 minutes to go in the event), and when I finally get back on it's 2 minutes after the event has ended MINUS my jump fee.

Guess that makes us even Cryptic, crafted another AEGIS set Saturday morning during the 'time to craft' event, and the game didn't use ANY of my rare particles.

Paybacks are a &*%#%, eh ?

<insert middle-finger emoticon here>
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • vinsin4vinsin4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lets start with a odd story last week I was trading some EC from one account to another while doing the transfer one account started doing the lag dance and the other was normal nothing was wrong...

I already testing everything on my end with no faults, this lag seems to increases as stress on server increases I wonder if those with pay to play and lifetime accounts have this lag issues almost seems like free to play are being throw under the bus if lifetime are free of these lag effects

P.s. just play a stf where I lagged hard had to log in 12 times until there was no lag on 12th time of logging in there some bad servers or something
    edited September 2012
    vinsin4 wrote: »
    Lets start with a odd story last week I was trading some EC from one account to another while doing the transfer one account started doing the lag dance and the other was normal nothing was wrong...

I already testing everything on my end with no faults, this lag seems to increases as stress on server increases I wonder if those with pay to play and lifetime accounts have this lag issues almost seems like free to play are being throw under the bus if lifetime are free of these lag effects

P.s. just play a stf where I lagged hard had to log in 12 times until there was no lag on 12th time of logging in there some bad servers or something

I'm lifetime and it affects me :)
    edited September 2012
    Nope not running raptor at all. But this whole pw core thing is new.
  • steelebutterflysteelebutterfly Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Problems here, too, whenever I'm near the starbase. Not running Raptor.
  • reconalpha1reconalpha1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Same issue with me. Now I cant even log in the game with out having a Server issue

Southern California.

:mad:
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Chance that any devs/anyone who can do anything about this are reading this post? Of if they are, even caring? 0-none. If that.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Central Texas, never had a problem till the last patch...

Come on Cryptic, did your server hamsters fall off their wheels?

Man, lots of Texas folks...and lots of TWC..

CRAPTIC Y U HATE TEXANS WITH TIME WARNER
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • e5kiloe5kilo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Same problem, I have quit playing until this is fixed. I live near Dallas, Tx, I used Raptr, hated it and deleted it. While game was laging, I was runnning 20mbs with 15ms ping (http://www.speedtest.net/ server in dallas). STO looked like a slide show.
    I stopped using Steam and my CPU usage is down 15% but I still had this problem.
    I loged on tonight (9-10-2012) and have had no problems. I flew from ESP to Fleet base without any problems. Im setting here to see if problems start coming up, but so far after 20 min all is good.
    Edit: Just went to from fleet base to ESD and was disconnected after server not responding.
    I am attempting to log back in. It loaded my Char list quickly but the server has been loading sector space for about 2 min now and I am only at 60%. This used to only take 3 to 8 sec.
    I will be back in a few days to see if this is fixed in the next patch.
  • djsimonroc88djsimonroc88 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I know this is happening to me too its rediculous ... I keep getting server not responding every single minute as well. and even my internet is working fine... I really hope they fix this issue soon...
    27457d1244675809-ok-wheres-facepalm-emoticon-double-facepalm.jpg

Face palming the enemy one at a time.
  • sparda1sparda1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Having the same issue aswell, I've always had an issue with disconnects (timer warner and road runner dns servers) but I fixed that by changing my DNS servers and had no problem until today.
  • spike6942spike6942 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    me too
    time warner
    so cal
    edited September 2012
    e5kilo wrote: »
    Same problem, I have quit playing until this is fixed. I live near Dallas, Tx, I used Raptr, hated it and deleted it. While game was laging, I was runnning 20mbs with 15ms ping (http://www.speedtest.net/ server in dallas). STO looked like a slide show.
    I stopped using Steam and my CPU usage is down 15% but I still had this problem.
    I loged on tonight (9-10-2012) and have had no problems. I flew from ESP to Fleet base without any problems. Im setting here to see if problems start coming up, but so far after 20 min all is good.
    Edit: Just went to from fleet base to ESD and was disconnected after server not responding.
    I am attempting to log back in. It loaded my Char list quickly but the server has been loading sector space for about 2 min now and I am only at 60%. This used to only take 3 to 8 sec.
    I will be back in a few days to see if this is fixed in the next patch.

same here in Dallas area, this is silly, can't believe it....wait yeah i can.... surely theres a way to tag dev's in here....surely...... Tonight , 9/10 9/11 has been okay till about 20 minutes ago, when i started getting my first server notresponding of the evening and as forced to go to a starbase sysem, DS9 for gear. now I can't get in or out of it at all......... server not responding, rubber bandin back into areas i'd left minutes before.......where else should we be trolling the url of this thread so it get a little nod from someone higher up..?
    edited September 2012
    I also use time warner sadly.......but speedtest tells me i'm not having speed issues and our fleet's teamspeak 3 server is still up and I'm only alt tabbed out right now to write this, while its Server has timed or timing out........so awkward moment, FIX SERVERS GUYS GEEZE.......... maybe turn all of them ON?
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have also been experiencing connection issues since the patch on September 6. There are already multiple threads about this in the "PC & Technical Issues" subforum.

For example:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=285951
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279121

My ISP is also Time Warner, and I am located in Texas.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
This discussion has been closed.