test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What if Cryptic used an entire season for just KDF?

1235»

Comments

• admiralgillisadmiralgillis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    While I feel for my Klingon brothers who got screwed with an unfinished faction in the beginning, I cannot agree to give an entire season to just the Klingons.

First of all, every featured episode series and extra PVE area that they've come out with for the seasons has been for both actions, so it's not as if these seasons are just being put out for the Federation right now.

Second of all, the vast majority of the population is Fed. Even if the Klingon side were to be brought on par, I believe Fed would still be the majority.

Finally, this would be a bad idea because of how slowly and unreliably they bring out content in the first damned place. I'm sure we all remember the entire friggin' year we paid for this game and didn't get a single sliver of content because they were gearing up for F2P. They take 6 months to develop 2 hours of content, and leave us sitting around with our thumbs up our bums the rest of the time. If we lost an entire season to Klingon content, that would be yet another year without a single sliver of content.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    what type of content we talking here /QUOTE]

It would be like darren0kitlor said. Just convert all the really good KDF foundry missions. Once we have that tech, we could continually do that for both sides. It would be awesome.

I would also like to see STF/Fleet Action-like PvP missions. Those would be full of win!
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Without reading the whole post, or any of it for that matter, my opinion is that a full season should be dedicated to the KDF....... I have a KDF character that I don't play much but I would if I had more to do. You should be able to start the game as a KDF character and be in the tutorial.....

Failing that, 2 half seasons, half of the next season fleshing out content for the later levels of the KDF and half adding some PvP maps/modes, then half of the season after adding content for the early levels of the KDF and tutorial and half for more PvP updates.

The PvP updates would be something for both sides to chew on while the KDF get some much needed love.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tdon7 wrote: »
    Oh I have some. :)

One of the things I would like to see as far as early missions is the Player establishing a minor house in the Klingon Empire (Or being adopted in to one if a non-Klingon), an Introduction to Klingon Politics (Relations between the KDF and Gorn Hegemony and others), A story-based Primer on the Klingon sense of Honor and how it pertains to the current galactic climate, and more on the Undine infiltrations and how the KDF is dealing with it.

All of these possibilities for mission arcs could well be level agnostic.
    Ooo.... that is a good idea! I like it!

Me too! I've been thinking about the storyline potentials for a long time.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Me too! I've been thinking about the storyline potentials for a long time.

It could even be integrated into the fleet system!

I don't know how, but it could be cool. :P
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Here's mine off the top of my head:

2 mission chains. One focusing on J'mpok and Worf's issues, one focusing on what happened to the half-Klingon/Half-Romulans and dealing with their role in both the Klingon and Romulan state of affairs as they side with Obisek.

Melee combat revamp/retuning, with Bat'leths getting love and mek'leths being added.

Melee Invasion zone, spotlighting a Gorn Rebellion. (The Gorn have activated phased weapon inhibitors to give themselves an edge.) (Coinciding with a Gorn lockbox that includes Gorndog consumable pets, Gorndog pups, TOS Gorn uniform for Lobi in standard form and with a "sexy cavewoman" two piece variant.)

Later in the season, a Vulcanoid Rebellion emphasizing Lirpas, about a world of Vulcan/Romulan cousins who Orions have experimented on with a pheromone weapon, sending them into permanent, constant, unquenchable Ponn Farr. (Reuse of the Amok Time theme.)

Ground and space Fek'Ihri fleet missions on the PvE queue that award fleet marks.

New Loresinger DOff commendation category with CXP also added to the lore dailies, with thematic DOffs both as KDF Klingons and Starfleet Klingons, with a slew of Klingon-themed titles and perks and a really awesome ultra-rare Bat'leth for completing it.

Perks added to several commendation categories for both Fed and KDF.

Revamped Undine STFs with EDC awards that add new MACO/Honor Guard/Omega Force variants. Also, streamlined and revamped STF store interface.

Klingon-Cardassian Alliance uniform pack. A slight redress of the Bajoran uniform (look at Mirror Odo's look: different fabric type and the color mask adjusted for piping on the shoulder pieces), Intendant's Uniform, Cardassian Uniform with KCA badge (unremovable)-- all available for BOTH factions as a special dropdown uniform type with KCA badge for normal uniforms as well... maybe with a Mirror Bajoran Disruptor weapon for around 1500 ZEN.

I'd also look at releasing a KCA B'rel Bird of Prey (for Klingons) and a Bajoran Assault Vessel (for Feds) which feature Spiral Wave Quad Cannons (and as an added perk, this can be equipped on a Galor) (The lockboxes would feature spiral wave weapons for ground and space, much like the phased tetryon weapons in the current one.)

Just to make the character art team go nuts, I'd look at making the Klingon-Romulan Hybrid series reward a Klingon-Romulan hybrid costume. (On TNG, the hybrids didn't wear either but I think a combo themed uniform would rock.)

Just want to reiterate the idea of something like this. All available to Feds and KDF equally but with a definite Klingon flavor.
  • sechserpackungsechserpackung Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    While I feel for my Klingon brothers who got screwed with an unfinished faction in the beginning, I cannot agree to give an entire season to just the Klingons.

First of all, every featured episode series and extra PVE area that they've come out with for the seasons has been for both actions, so it's not as if these seasons are just being put out for the Federation right now.

Second of all, the vast majority of the population is Fed. Even if the Klingon side were to be brought on par, I believe Fed would still be the majority.

Finally, this would be a bad idea because of how slowly and unreliably they bring out content in the first damned place. I'm sure we all remember the entire friggin' year we paid for this game and didn't get a single sliver of content because they were gearing up for F2P. They take 6 months to develop 2 hours of content, and leave us sitting around with our thumbs up our bums the rest of the time. If we lost an entire season to Klingon content, that would be yet another year without a single sliver of content.

Bull**** Detector On.
    A Season is (roughly) 6 months, content is in the eye of the beholder and Starbases can certainly be viewed as content. Or the new Missions. Or the new ships. Or the new equipment. Or the new instance of Nukara. If non of that is viewed as content, well, not my problem :P.
    Bull**** Detector Off.

On the other hand I would agree that concentrating an entire season only on the Klingon side would hardly be possible. On the other hand a 25/75 (Fed or general/Klingon) split might be doable for throwing out some more stuff to be gobbled up by the masses while actually working on completing the Klingon Faction. This means I am not asking for the same ammount of models, uniforms or even ships in the C-Store. Simply that the Klingon Faction can be started at lvl 1 without having to play Feds first, with a good tutorial.

I would realy like more missions against the Federation and maybe some escalation of the war instead of all the boring peace talk ideas running around ^.^
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    criminius wrote: »
    This thread is roach bait. That said, roach already had some. Stop giving roach hope, he's close to the dark side I can feel it.

Tbh, I would rather see PvP content which was meant for the kdf in the first place.

If I was already slipped into the Dark Side, the moon would have long since slammed into Cryptic in California. As it is the best I seem to be able to muster is a single crazed pigeon dying in the parking lot from natural causes.
    Its my fault though, as I've been on a strict regiment of antibiotics of late.

the Idea of KDF overtoned PvP content sounds cool though. Possibly a PvP map like Ker'rat where the feds are attempting to blockade a World we wish to conquer?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The KDF needs a healthy composition of both PVE and PVP.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Its always had my support.
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If an entire season was used just for KDF, then people would complain about the fact that it was just for the KDF and had no Federation updates.

Face it, MMO gamers are, as a whole, fickle and are capable of finding things to complain about.

Take Game X. Game X has no PvP. Gamers complain that there is no PvP. The developers give Game X PvP. Gamers then complain about balancing issues, OP classes, hackers, etc. Developers balance classes and get rid of hackers. Gamers then complain about new problems with balance and that PvP "isn't fun anymore". And the pattern goes on and on.

It is a good idea sure, but people will complain nonetheless. I support the inclusion of more KDF. I probably wouldn't even mind if a season was used to update the KDF only. It would solve the "lack of KDF content" issue, but it will not solve the "complaining players" issue.
  • tdon7tdon7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tharkan wrote: »
    If an entire season was used just for KDF, then people would complain about the fact that it was just for the KDF and had no Federation updates.

Face it, MMO gamers are, as a whole, fickle and are capable of finding things to complain about.

Take Game X. Game X has no PvP. Gamers complain that there is no PvP. The developers give Game X PvP. Gamers then complain about balancing issues, OP classes, hackers, etc. Developers balance classes and get rid of hackers. Gamers then complain about new problems with balance and that PvP "isn't fun anymore". And the pattern goes on and on.

It is a good idea sure, but people will complain nonetheless. I support the inclusion of more KDF. I probably wouldn't even mind if a season was used to update the KDF only. It would solve the "lack of KDF content" issue, but it will not solve the "complaining players" issue.

Players complain all the time about everything. When their complaints are without merit (This isn't giving the KDF more content than the Feds, this is bringing the two to be more even) then let them complain.
    A half faction is no faction at all.
  • bladeofkahlessbladeofkahless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd love to see a whole "season" be just for KDF.
    If that were to happen, I'd hope to see more progress towards full leveling PvE content (Lt-LG). With the change to KDF starting at 20 (or is it 30?), that may be asking too much... but it's a whole season, so a guy can dream.

- Maybe a couple refits/variants.
    - An actual Klingon science ship (more tac oriented, like the Recon, but perhaps slightly more so). The Gorn ships are nice, don't get me wrong. I just want more options ;)
    (and a fleet retrofit)
    - Attack Targs :D
    - A new playable race unique to KDF. (I don't have any ideas here. Maybe Chalnoth?)

- At least a featured episode with all the excitement and lore as the Fek'lhri Return arc.

:D

It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Get the two factions up to par with each other.

Then a good precedent and example has been set to build upon a new faction.

How do you talk about introducing the likes of the Romulans if the development history of STO shows half-a**ed development outside the Federation? The major factions of Star Trek deserve more than "monster play."
    XzRTofz.gif
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i wholeheartedly agree that season 7 should be dedicated solely to the klingon empire, for far too long we have been brushed aside with excuses or the golden carrot has been dangled in front of our noses only to never be able to take a bite of it. as a player with many feds and only 3 klingon players it is dis-heartening to see the faction left to rot by excuses from devs that its not worth their time or effort in bringing them up to par with the fed side, sure i love my feds but boy does the klingon side truly need some loving sent forth from the them, but alas we will more than likely only see trickles of interest from the devs for this as we can all truly say most of the cryptic devs have been allocated to getting Neverwinter up and running. so resources and interest is mainly flagged there rather than the game that we truly love and will continue to play..