test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: August 2012 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• Options
    mgmirkin426mgmirkin426 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Don't you think the fleet starbase system would be better if it instead integrated with the DOFF mission system rather than just being a "farm, grind & dump" system as it is currently?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5000421

I think it would be more Star Trek-y if we sent our crew on missions or gave them duty assignments than sacrificing them to a hungry, hungry, hipp-- err, starbase....

~MG

P.S. Generally, love the game. :)
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    All my questions have been asked, so I'm just going to quote them :P
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Are there any plans to introduce true T5 ships for the KDF, or at least allow owners of lower tier KDF c-store ships to enjoy the fleet ship upgrade discount that fed T5 ship owners get ?
    Why is the Pricing on Fleet Ships the way it is? Twenty Dollars per character per ship is a very steep price. In regards to the discount, there are only 5 Federation ships that I can think of that even get the discount (Galaxy, Defiant, Intrepid, and Nebula Retrofits and the MVAE), and no KDF Fleet Ship qualifies for the discount.

Purchasing ships for multiple characters (even at a rate of 1 per character) can get expensive really fast. Why can't the pricing be a flat 500 zen per ship? You'd get alters to buy more ships (or even buy a ship at all since a lot of people have said they refuse to buy even one ship at 2000 zen), and tempt to the single character players to buy a few ships.

The balance of KDF to Fed Fleet ships seem to be off. No KDF ships apply for the C-store discount. Will something be done to address this, or will a new system of discounts which applies a varying level of discount to each level of C-store purchase be implemented?

20 dollars/2000 zen for a single character ship unlock has been rather universally received as too pricy. Is there any deliberation to reduce the number of FSM's required for fleet ships or to reduce their C-store cost in comparison to ships that cost simlar (or more) money and are account unlocks?

KDF Armor Visuals and off duty uniforms - What is keeping these from being implemented, why is it that KDF can't use the Mercenary outifts, or non-starfleet uniforms like the Bajoran Militia set?

6. Lobi crystals. 1. Why are they not account bound? They're a 'currency purchased via real money' like C-store points. So why can't they be transferred across characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What's the status of the missing Science, Tactical, and Female options from the 700-day Android vet reward?

Do we have to butcher more Queen songs in parody to get more attention to these missing features, or should we move on to Meatloaf?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can we expect to see any new STFs before the launch of Season 7?

Will we ever be seeing the silver variant of Worf's sash?

With the upcoming JJ Abrahms Trek movie next spring, can we expect to see any related content when that releases?
  • Options
    th3gre4t0ldon3th3gre4t0ldon3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why isnt the Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter in the fleet store? We all know you can lock out ship skins so CBS not allowing a T5 connie has nothing to do with it.

Also casting my support behind this question.
  • Options
    theparanoidtheparanoid Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    During season 4 test on tribble there was a brel skin that could used on KDF start ship and t5 b'rel.

When are we going to see this skin in game. I believe the advance bop from carriar use this skin.

I got all the vor'cha variants form the c-store. So why those the fleet Vor'cha cost me 4 modules? Including buy the skin that you know calling it. As it was the only skin available at the time?

Additional I have all the orion carriar yet the skin in fleet store also cost me four modules.
  • Options
    felsparfelspar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When will we get UI COLOR customization so I can finally play KDF with my IRL friends? They find the intense red UI extremely tough to view- even cause headaches.
    City of Heroes had awesome UI color customizing from day 1... what's the harm in bringing that thinking and tech to STO?

I'd second this, the red UI really does my eyes in.

The long ago mentioned Exploration revamp, has it just been quietly abandoned?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Join Date: July 2008

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Will you please nerf the bio-neural warheads, plasma torpedoes, STF gateway cutter beams and other ~1-hit kills? This is getting a tad ridiculous. :mad: Sorry, but when I toss a full-power science team II, rotate shield frequency & Miracle worker into the mix with a 4-piece Borg set and shield buffing engineering consoles and skills relating to shields AND hull at max settings in the skill tree and still get effectively one-shotted, something's not working right... These things should be survivable when you've got that much defensive stuff going on. They should hurt, yes, but not to the point of unrecoverable one-shotting. Maybe in "Elite" mode, fine. But not on normal settings for missions, STFs & such. Better tuning needed, I think?

While we're at it, the progressive cooldown timers are out of hand. Especially in combination with excessive 1-hit kills. I think pretty much everyone agrees on this. There's got to be a better solution to whatever problem caused the progressive cooldown timers. :confused:

~MG
  • Options
    starfleetfcstarfleetfc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Will there actually be a C-Store Sovereign/Assault Cruiser Refit?
  • Options
    paulcraigpaulcraig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    are they gonig to make any new ships for star fleet as tact for rank 50 and
  • Options
    warbuiltwarbuilt Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Could there be a que system for people that want 1 on 1 pvp?

Maybe people could be ranked or just earn expertise, credits, or ore.
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any hints on when we might see an update to the accolade system and what it would include?

Most of the recent new missions have been "events". Are there any new missions or events planed in the future that will let us use our ground bridge crew?
  • Options
    kexx062782kexx062782 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Orions finally received a proper dreadnought model, will the Gorn be getting a new model as well? They are still using a palette swap of the "Generic Dreadnought".
  • Options
    kimwhitleykimwhitley Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dear Dan, Will you guys please bring back the pips and combadges as soon as possible? Also I wish our bridge crew could be extended to more than what we have filled. A few fleetmates of mine would like the entire ship crew to wear the same uniforms as ours. It would also be cool to have federation members pilot Klingon ships. Some fleetmates of mine would also like to see the ALL search function fixed in The Exchange.[/B][/B][/B]
  • Options
    drkaczsdrkaczs Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I run a small fleet to make it fair can smaller fleets get a bonus to earning fleet marks?
    Say like a 10% boost. I only have 20 people in my fleet I see missons that help large fleets but what about smaller ones.
  • Options
    emperorwayne1emperorwayne1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Q: Are there plans on creating a cellphone application (iPhone, Android) to manage Duty Officer assignments/Fleet contributions?

Q: Will the respawn timer on Tholians be extended?

Q: Will there be caps on the amount someone can contribute to a fleet per project? Fleet projects tend to complete before I can contribute marks/expertise/etc, which leaves me lacking in the credits dept.

Q: Several items from the pre-order bonuses were rumoured to be releasing to C-Store a while back. Any news on that front?
    If its working in the players favour - "This isn't working as intended. We're going to remove this from the game. You're not playing as we intended."
    If its working in the games favour - "We have too much on our plate to fix this/Working as intended."
  • Options
    cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    With season 7 focousing on Story in the game are you planning to address the inconsistancies between STO's mirror universe story arc and what was established in David Mack's novel "Rise like lions" (Terok Nor was destoryed)

And, with story being a major part of season 7 will there be any new mechanics to play around with and if i may ask will we ever see a +1 sovereign in C-Store and the Galaxy pack that was on the c-store list once upon a time?
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • Options
    starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi Devs! Loving Season 6, out done yourselves honestly.

1) Will the Tac Area of Starbase get more functions/ abilities added to it? For instance, when you are about to get attacked by a rival fleet, you have like 5 mins to report to Tac area, devise a plan from data collected from Comm Array, then battle... (Too elaborate I know)

2) Poker! Give us something to do on worlds that have no use. 1 for Klingons only, one for Feds only, and 1 for both (and maybe those Romulans I hope you are planing? *Hint *Hint?)

3) What is the State of PvP?

4) The Fleet Mark Ratio for rewards on Starbase Defense doesn't seem worth it...

5) I know No Win Senario is exactly what its name is, but why put accolodes on it when no one can get past 6? Highest I've gotten, or anyone else for that matter. (It has Fleet Mark Ration problems as well)

6) Romulan Star Empire.... Cardassian.... Dominion.... any word on a new faction? Season 7 huh? I knew it!

Other than that, you guys are doing an amazing job, please keep it up!

:cool:

Edit: PLEASE add a Fleet Galaxy-X to the Fleet Shipyard! IDC about the price, just do it! This ship has so much potential but these fleet ships will make it obsolete! Don't let this happen! That ship is my Trademark! I will do almost anything for it!
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • Options
    barrington1982barrington1982 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hats! Please can we have some hats! Even if they're only available for off-duty uniforms, it would be a welcome addition, and one which I'm sure people would pay good money for. I mean, who doesn't want a nice trilby, fedora or flat-cap to go with their pin-stripe suit? Please make this old man's dream come true.

Thanks,
    Baz
  • Options
    carbongripcarbongrip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When will we be seeing Saucer Separation for the Galaxy X as talked about in the never released galaxy pack.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I would also like to see DRESS UNIFORMS from DS9 and it would be nice if creating content on the foundry would be available to ALL players, not just Gold. It would be fair.
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can we possibly get an ETA on the next series interior and, maybe, which one it will be?
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    kexx062782kexx062782 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Will Leatheans & Ferasans get C-Store Ship models?

Will Leatheans & Ferasans get C-Store Costume unlocks?

Will KDF races get additional Race-Specific Costume pieces in the near future?
  • Options
    robpivarnikrobpivarnik Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dear Dev Continuum--

1. Love the account bank, but with all the new pets, consumables, and other goodies... any chance we old-timers can get a few more rows of bank slots... as a 1701-day veteran's reward, perhaps?

2. I enjoy playing around with the character creator and tailor, and have created a 'look' for each of my captains and their bridge officers, yet in my ship interior, my crew looks the same as everyone else's. Any chance we'll eventually be able to design common uniforms for our nameless crew?

3. Speaking of customized characters, I wouldn't mind being able to send one of my bridge officers to pick up my mail or deal with the personnel officer at Starfleet Academy... or lead an away team, for that matter. Why must my captain have all the fun? Seems awfully Kirk-ish to me. Might we ever be able to choose our onscreen character, as we can currently choose a ship?

All in all, I LOVE this game. As someone who was in front of the TV on 8 September 1966, I've wanted to be part of the Trek universe for almost 46 years. This may be as close as I ever get. Please keep up the great work, and I look forward to trying my hand at the Foundry, once it's back up. Thanks you all so much for the many hours of gaming fun. :D

Peace and long life.
    Un ami est quelqu'un qui te connait bien, mais t'aime quand meme.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    And please make the holodeck available to create things
  • Options
    starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hats! Please can we have some hats! Even if they're only available for off-duty uniforms, it would be a welcome addition, and one which I'm sure people would pay good money for. I mean, who doesn't want a nice trilby, fedora or flat-cap to go with their pin-stripe suit? Please make this old man's dream come true.

Thanks,
    Baz

+1
    I'm for it all money maker
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • Options
    specter153specter153 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    will there be a romulan empire faction as of season 7 or no?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Do we REALLY have to purchase stuff from the Z-store in order to buy fleet ships from the fleet starbases? I thought the fleet system was supposed to be an ALTERNATIVE to having to buy stuff with real $$. This just feels like double-dipping... I mean, if I wanted to pay $$ for ships, I'd just buy them directly from the Z-store. But I don't, frankly. What ever happened to the promise way-back-when that you guys wanted to make most things available in the C-store available in-game through some process or another (not requiring paying through the nose). Have you totally given up on that goal? I feel like you have.

I mean I don't have a problem with the C-store for those people who just want to "cheat" their way to the good stuff without WORKING FOR IT in-game by just buying it outright. But, frankly, I'd kind of rather work for it in-game and feel some satisfaction with having "achieved" it, rather than just having "bought it." Having to "pay" for part of the stuff needed to work toward building it kind of defeats that purpose, for me. I'm not a big fan of the Pay-to-Win model.
  • Options
    grnthumbgrnthumb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Poker ETA please?
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    when wil we see the crafting update. and when will we see pvp / STF store update hit tribble
    will we see new KDF content this season
This discussion has been closed.