test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange Not Working.

1235»

Comments

• dnaangel55dnaangel55 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    not surprised to see a "Mike" comment as hes getting pretty well known on forums as the "Forum Idiot" that speaks more so like its theory out of a book rather then true in game experience.

Anyway the Exchange is still broken..badly. items not refreshing as they should. a good 50% or so of the items searched only show up in ANY QUALITY filters and items posted to the exchange have a very good possibility of not showing up at all, which created in a sense a phantom post thats not viewable to even yourself. I had several items sell and i did not receive the EC for it. the list goes on and on, but the fact remains that this is a serious issue that seems to be getting thrown under the rug by Cryptic whos more or less, more concerned with fattening their wallets then fixing serious bugs in the game..Theres still bugs that have been floating around for 2.5 years now and thats not acceptable for anyone.
    edited July 2012
    This is a very well known bug that has been around for at least 5 or 6 months. As noted up above selecting the rarity as well as the category of an item gives you a proper search without issue..

Yea duh..but thats not the case with a good amount of the items on the exchange..esp non combat things.

Also dosent explain why posted items are NOT showing up no matter WHAT filters i set.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It needs.... Help.... Some items will post immediately, some will post after a few hours, some will post then disappear, some won't post at all.

Also, you are unable to delete "Exchange sale expired" messages. My Inbox looks ridiculous.

It was buggy before Season Six, but something didn't agree with it, and it is now practically useless....

I realize this may not be Highest on the to do list, but with Lockboxes, and now Starbases, exchanging things between players is more important than ever, if not almost necessary.

So, please show the Exchange some tender loving care.
  • clearbeardclearbeard Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Agreed wholeheartedly. Though the "exchange expired" notices go away from my inbox if I delete them once I close the window. Also, I think all/most things DO post correctly, you just can't always FIND them with a search (see #1 below).

Three big things to fix:
    1. Item searching needs to give the same, and complete, list regardless of how you search (rank, rarity, name, category, etc).

2. Search criterion or totally separate lists for items with Fed and KDF versions (mainly doffs and boffs).

3. Get rid of stacks of items entirely. Each item should run like the dilithium exchange. If there are 500 "ferasan nepata leaves" being offered for sale at 10,000 each in combination from 18 different sellers in varying quantities, there should be ONE line entry, saying qty: 500, cost: 10,000 EC, and sellers who posted first get bought from first. No more of this 32 entries of 1 each for 10,000, 3 entries of 3 each at 30,000, etc.

There's plenty else in terms of database searching that could be improved, but these three are the ones I see as totally and utterly broken.
  • xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited July 2012
    100% agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • jotofedjotofed Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ... and I would be happy if I could buy and sell things reliably. A disturbing percentage of stuff available for sale cannot be bought even though it's a basic commodity like, for example, rare tac boffs a couple of days ago. PLENTIFUL and cheap and staring me in the face by the dozens. I tried to buy dozens of separate items and a wide range of price points: purchase unsuccessful. Yes, I had room, money, etc.

And I'm posting stuff I KNOW should be selling (unless the search failure is deceiving me about pricing), I've even experimented with fire sale prices! The items hang around for days and days, I modify prices if I see they are no longer competitive, no takers. I realize this could be a function of a changing economy thanks to season 6, but I suspect it's more an example of the BOFF clickfest failure I had (it's happened to other items too). Another possibility, as mentioned already, is that the search feature has melted down into a hot mess.

The little Ferengi not-so-deeply-buried inside me is virtually catatonic at this point.
  • neok182neok182 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    the issue that i'm having is that i'm posting this for sale that are invisible and no one can see them.

I have two tholian doffs, a fleet module and two 5,000 fleet credit bonuses.

I've had my fleet members search for the items and no one can find them. So now i'm stuck unable to make any money off of my items, and their prices are dropping, basically TRIBBLE me over.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    chk231 wrote: »
    I tried selling some environmental suits, some Ferengi Outfit Boxes, couple of other things, and they didn't show up on the exchange. I can't search for them either; fleet modules aren't searchable too. I suppose we'll have to start making a list. Something is definitely buggy. Could just be lag, but I honestly have no idea. I encountered the same issues Thursday evening.

Yeeeup. It blows massively. I have been consistently screwed over in all departments. Contraband is filling up my inventory as it's invisible when I post it. I have been trying to sell the same three Aenar Boffs for the past 4 months. I have begun mailing things to myself to conserve on space, but since most of the stuff is bound, there's no way to get around that.
    edited July 2012
    Look like we have to wait till Thursday to MAYBE get a fix...sad

I bet if it was a bug with their lockboxes, server would go down for an hour to make sure there is a fix.
  • vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Season 6 is indeed a very sad example of a halfborn expansion. It is ready for test servers, but public server? Definitely not. It was launched as soon as it was halfway ready for grabbing real cash. It's no surprise that Cryptic is taking care of the lock boxes and ship modules in the 1st place. Honestly, I know no other online RPG with such a variety of major bugs existing after 2 weeks since the release day. How was it, once again... Fascinating. In a bad way tho.

Concerning the exchange problem... there is a way to make your life more comfortable even with a broken one. You don't need to set filters. All you need to do is to go directly to the classification you'd like to browse. If you'd like to buy consumables, go to "personal devices" or "ship devices", for example. When you're browsing the right category everything existing appears there. Even the posts you do not see through the global search.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    more than a week and still bugged.

Great job.
    :eek:
  • vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nope, this only works for some items, not everything. E.G. If I list a fleet module it cannot be seen, if I list Aegis sets I craft (no longer until fixed) they cannot be seen. Some things for some people sometimes. Totally FUBAR

I've just checked out the ship modules and aegis sets and I can browse them all. Take a look at the tabs I've clicked and try the same: http://s50.radikal.ru/i128/1207/11/e2548a7ac11e.jpg Just be sure you'll go to the "data samples" tab, cuz if you'll browse the "all" section, you'll see this: http://s019.radikal.ru/i635/1207/5c/126fbf91c2a5.jpg So I doubt you'll see your recent post while browsing "all".

Concerning aegis... There are really few of them and I don't know the prices for them. So you can compare yourself: http://s15.radikal.ru/i188/1207/ea/aac309349c51.jpg
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Anyone know how to search for Fleet Credit Boosters? Mostly I think it can't be searched ... but I could be wrong.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is probably the most severe problem in the game, that I've seen, and the lack of acknowledgement by the devs of the problem is quite disappointing. This is a HUGE detractor, functionality-wise. :(

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The devs have acknowledged the problem. What they haven't done, yet, is tell us if they have any clue as to when it might get fixed, or even if they understand why it's happening.
  • altlexingtonaltlexington Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Since i play mostly for free i wont complain just inform that when i post my stuff for sale on the exchange i dont see them come up in search but they still sell sometimes but no where near as much as they normally do.
    I'd like to be able to see my things on the exchange again, also I'd like it if the replicator window can be opened at the same time as the exchange window for price comparrison so one can see if things are worth selling or just replicating.

Overall though i find the fun of the game outways any little bugs that crop up.
  • ndawg81ndawg81 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i cant seem to find fleet credit bonus pool of any kind on the exchange and i have a load of them to sell off. Does anyone else have the same problem looking them up on the exchange?
  • srgtburglarsrgtburglar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I left STO and came back and now in Season 6 the exchange is yet more broken than it was in 5. Half the stuff you can't find unless you know the specific name of it and the other half simply does not appear. Are there any plans to someday fix this issue as the exchange is a very big part of STO in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Opening a lockbox is like using a public restroom when u gotta poo.
    You are just hoping nobody blew on the seat or that all the toilet paper is gone.
  • whopurrrwhopurrr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Alright this is getting freaking ridiculous. More than half of what I put up on the exchange doesn't show up and so does not sell. Stuff higher priced than what I put it at does sell.

This needs to be fixed asap. I didn't buy extra slots just to waste them on stuff that is impossible to sell on the exchange.

It's annoying me so much I might actually quit over it.

Just fix it god damn it.
  • zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The 400 item display limitation is quite annoying. I havn't experienced any thing else listed in this thread though, I have been able to buy and sell things left and right. The limitation of 400 items being displayed in a given search needs to be removed however.
    Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
    Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
    Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
  • ga1enaga1ena Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For most items, everything is maxed out in the exchange at 400 when you do a search in a specific category and not by "all".
    I might..."might" have noticed something else.
    After a certain amount and going to the end of the line in searching for that specific item by category, it ends at (40000) but there is always more listing at higher amounts that do not show up.
    If you click on the "All tab", it seems to continue with the higher amounts and quantities.
  • grafdoktorgrafdoktor Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, I would like to report a problem with the exchange.

There is the usual lag of course, but that's not the problem.

It seems that now when you buy something, the other guy get the mail from server "you sold X for X EC" but he doesn't get the energy credit.
    I'm quite sure I sold almost 3/4 m EC items these days after the patch and still I didn't get the energy credit.
    Same thing happened to a friend in my fed fleet and I've heard ppl complaining about having sold items for 2 m EC value and getting 20 k instead.

Someone is being having this issue?

I hope next time to sell for 47k and get 47m EC :D.
  • cdiederichscdiederichs Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zombie thread!! Shoot it in the head! :eek:
    edited May 2013
    Zombie thread!! Shoot it in the head! :eek:

Lol, sorry, but I can't open new threads here :D. That's why I had to do it.

No need to shoot a zombie in the head, set phasers to vaporize.
    edited May 2013
    Come on guys, no feedback on this?
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grafdoktor wrote: »
    Come on guys, no feedback on this?

idk, I've sold multiple things since the patch, and always gotten the amount I sold it for, so I can't be much help other than saying that I have not experienced what you are describing.