test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange Not Working.

Comments

• mrchulito007mrchulito007 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Got to admit I have the very same problem for many days now and not only that, I saw only one of my items sold. I even placed items that have quick sell at very low prices to see what happens and still did not sell and I can't see them listed on the exchange.
  • macronggmacrongg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The exchange is broken on all my 4 chars

1 i CANT see the stuff i post
    2 NOBODY is buyinbg my stuff ( tried posting stuff for 1 ec rare items nobody bouht any )
    3 i see players posting stuff...gets sold so aparently not everyone is sharing the same broken exchange = not fair.

so that means is damn broken ...pathetic...a major feature of sto is broken beyond fixing again...lame lame and lame...FIX IT ALREADY damnit, FIX IT, its unnaceptable
  • jd23455jd23455 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am having the same problems. I haven't had a single item sell on the exchange since before the release of season 6. I am also unable to view any items I post for sale on the exchange, and since they're not selling, I'm guessing no one else can see them either. Why is fixing this NOT a priority?
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This has actually been a known issue for about 5-6 months. And yes if you haven;t been doing the workaround all that time, you've been missing out.

You have to select the rarity as well as the department (or whatever it;s called) along the left hand side as part of the search to see the most current list.

if you drop exchange into the forum search, you should see dozens of threads covering this.

As to why it hasn;t been fixed yet I can;t answer that. I will point out again though that this is a known bug and has been for months. It's just gotten worse recently. You can judge yourself about that.
    edited July 2012
    This fix used to work most of the time and still does for things like contraband

While I agree with you on needing it fixed, I disagree with the "used to work" bit.

It works fine for me and others in game. We're still buying and selling withou tissue and from the amount of stuff I'm selling, seems like the average player has it figured out by now.

But yes it does need to be fixed.

edit: The hardest problem for me and others is actually what category things go under of they don;t state so in the tooltips.
  • data1811data1811 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The exchange will not search basic items like mystery packages or fleet ship modules. It is very very broken. And i've even heard of things getting sold on the exchange and people not getting money for the things they sold. Star Trek online dev's need to prioritize this issue immediately.
    Matt Rains
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've had minor success finding things if I go to the specific category and enter the exact name of the item including the quality I'm looking for.

But that still doesn't justify the rest of the brokenness.
    <3
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah except sometimes the exchange shows the mid price of items, rather than lowest price. Sometimes it doesn't show any items at all. Other times, you have to change quality to see some of the items available... but again it seems to never show all of the items regardless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
    edited July 2012
    This is a very well known bug that has been around for at least 5 or 6 months. As noted up above selecting the rarity as well as the category of an item gives you a proper search without issue. As noted this has been the work around for many months and the suggested method of searching for most active traders. For reference mystery packages are one of the items that I trade in, have a couple thousand in my band and have sold I would guess about 200 within the last few days. (I honestly thought I was going to get stuck with them.)

I made 189m a few days ago and from chatting with other traders, buying and selling is working fine as long as you use the workaround discussed up above.

The "not getting money" concern is actually I believe coming from a single well known player sitting in ESD and bad mouthing everything and everyone he or she can think of. I;ve not seen this issue and I have yet to hear about this directly from anybody. While people have mentioned this in zone chat, it;s always been "I;ve heard..." comments without anything to back it up.

If you would like, I would suggest typing exchange into the search function and seeing the other discussion on this topic as there are at the very least 2 dozen threads on it. Sometimes searching first before posting is a good idea as all creating a duplicate toipic is spread around the discussion and creat emore work for the mods who now have to take the time to combine all these threads.

Hope that helps.
    edited July 2012
    edit: You know what? never mind. This isn;t worth my trouble.
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    edit: You know what? never mind. This isn;t worth my trouble.

What you are describing is the bug pre-season 6. Since then, the exchange has gone completely off of the deep end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I made 189m a few days ago and from chatting with other traders, buying and selling is working fine as long as you use the workaround discussed up above.

The problem with this is that the majority of the players aren't exchange jockeys and won't have the knowledge to use a workaround.

Which hasnt been as effective since S6. Unless the speculators just happened to to miss that ten bargain basement contraband I offloaded (Hooray for Klingon marauding!) the other day that sat there for twelve hours going unsold before I pulled it.

Regardless, the more people plug in a search term, find contraband (for example) for half a million, the more people arent going to know the average going price. Under pricing is great for the exchange speculators because they can take advantage of the ignorance and resell for higher. Over pricing leads to unsold items that get recycled eventually instead of keeping the economy chugging along.

So we all agree that it's broken. Many feel it's broken worse now and not without reason. Either way, fixing it will be good for everyone... Who aren't profiting off of ignorance, that is.
    <3
  • mrchulito007mrchulito007 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mattjohnsonva-
    well said, people think that just because something works for them that everyone else is wrong but they are right, .... Mikewendell get a life!!!
  • thedukeofrockthedukeofrock Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just wondering if the exchange bugs are going to be corrected anytime soon. It is getting a little aggravating to place things on the exchange only to see them become "invisible".

At least an acknowledgement that it is being worked on to correct would be nice please.

Thanks.
    :o
    ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
    by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
  • chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Exchange, the Foundry, as well as the Klingon Lore daily, etc., still needs attention. We should also be earning fleet marks via maxed out Doff mission categories. Season 6 would be a lot more impressive if so many things weren't broken. But, yet, the Devs keep rolling out more TRIBBLE to purchase rather than more fixes... Fantastic logic there. :rolleyes:
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They have to support the devs some way ;P
    edited July 2012
    Normally I would dig for them but I believe the devs mentioned in at least one thread that they were aware of the issue and in another thread, someone mentioned that they got back a response saying that they were aware it of as well.

After last night, you folks can do your own damn searching.
  • erocenerocen Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cryptic do know about the issue. I submitted a ticket after a number of people in my fleet started to mention this and the PWE support team got back to say the devs are looking into this. All we can do is remain paitent and let the devs fix it.
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It wouldn't be so bad if they at least kept us updated.

A simple "we've found the cause, now searching for a solution thats dosen't cause more bugs" On any issues, (maybe in a huge dev inly sticky somwhere), would be helpful. It would stop the feelings of "no work being done". However un-true that is.
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any update about not being able to search by all?
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The exchange is a mess, has been repeatedly through the years, and just gets worse. It's long overdue for a serious overhaul, starting with the search engine.
  • dnaangel55dnaangel55 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mattjohnsonva-
    well said, people think that just because something works for them that everyone else is wrong but they are right, .... Mikewendell get a life!!!

Exactly, im experiencing the same issues with the exchange. AS always crypitc is more worried about making money above all else. We can go weeks/months without a fix for a glaring bug. But they will make sure a new Zen store item will be released in time.

ive submitted bug reports that obviously go unread or ignored. But i bet if i was having trouble buying something from Zen store id get a response/fix in less then 20 mins.

i am on temp. Leave status till Cryptic gets around to fixing some of these glaring bugs.
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This has actually been a known issue for about 5-6 months. And yes if you haven;t been doing the workaround all that time, you've been missing out.

You have to select the rarity as well as the department (or whatever it;s called) along the left hand side as part of the search to see the most current list.

if you drop exchange into the forum search, you should see dozens of threads covering this.

As to why it hasn;t been fixed yet I can;t answer that. I will point out again though that this is a known bug and has been for months. It's just gotten worse recently. You can judge yourself about that.

I approve of this post because its the only one that sounds drug free.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just put up 20 items on the Exchange, but none of them showed up. Waited an hour, but still nothing. If they're not showing up, then nobody is buying them, and I cannot make credits. Yes, I'm searching by category and color.
  • imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My items are not showing up in the exchange and I am unable to purchase items off the exchange. This needs to be fixed now. Along with all the other bugs that were caused when you move the game to PWE servers. How do you expect us to play this game if its bugged out. I'll buy a key to fix the bugs. Were are those Keys at?
    1Wv2pWK.gif
    edited July 2012
    I've noticed you posting this response on multiple threads regarding this issue. Regardless of your point of view (even though your recommendations do not work) the star trek online economy and therefore the game is in very serious jeopardy. No recommended workarounds you have suggested work, i am not able to see the items that i have posted. Even when i do search for items such as the fleet module it only shows one page of them. I am not able to purchase duty officers and i have friends that have lost money in the exchange by not receiving energy credits from sold items. The workarounds of which you speak may have worked for a previous bug but the exchange is far more broken now since the release of the tholian boxes. I have to ask, are you even playing the game? Or are you just here to try to downplay the very serious issues that are going to be this games demise. The devs care more about releasing tholian lock boxes than fixing this issue. Its time to wake up and rally some new life in this game. And stop letting ******* with pictures of Q out of character tell me and everyone else what is acceptable for gameplay in sto.
    Matt Rains
    edited July 2012
    I've noticed you posting this response on multiple threads regarding this issue. Regardless of your point of view (even though your recommendations do not work) the star trek online economy and therefore the game is in very serious jeopardy. No recommended workarounds you have suggested work, i am not able to see the items that i have posted. Even when i do search for items such as the fleet module it only shows one page of them. I am not able to purchase duty officers and i have friends that have lost money in the exchange by not receiving energy credits from sold items. The workarounds of which you speak may have worked for a previous bug but the exchange is far more broken now since the release of the tholian boxes. I have to ask, are you even playing the game? Or are you just here to try to downplay the very serious issues that are going to be this games demise. The devs care more about releasing tholian lock boxes than fixing this issue. Its time to wake up and rally some new life in this game. And stop letting ******* with pictures of Q out of character tell me and everyone else what is acceptable for gameplay in sto.
    Matt Rains
  • totallyfarkeduptotallyfarkedup Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is a very well known bug that has been around for at least 5 or 6 months. As noted up above selecting the rarity as well as the category of an item gives you a proper search without issue. As noted this has been the work around for many months and the suggested method of searching for most active traders. For reference mystery packages are one of the items that I trade in, have a couple thousand in my band and have sold I would guess about 200 within the last few days. (I honestly thought I was going to get stuck with them.)

The "not getting money" concern is actually I believe coming from a single well known player sitting in ESD and bad mouthing everything and everyone he or she can think of. I;ve not seen this issue and I have yet to hear about this directly from anybody. While people have mentioned this in zone chat, it;s always been "I;ve heard..." comments without anything to back it up.

If you would like, I would suggest typing exchange into the search function and seeing the other discussion on this topic as there are at the very least 2 dozen threads on it. Sometimes searching first before posting is a good idea as all creating a duplicate toipic is spread around the discussion and creat emore work for the mods who now have to take the time to combine all these threads.

Hope that helps.

I dunno, I'm a fairly new player to the game, and I've observed the issues being discussed first-hand. Honestly, I don't do much on the exchange, but the few times I have, I've lost my items and never received any credits back, even using your "workaround".

I wsa preparing to go life member and play the game as I really enjoy it, but this, among other bugs that have come up most recently with the latest patches, have made the game far less enjoyable and frankly, I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

Also, and I don't mean to be rude, but, can you can the attitude? People come to post on the forums because they have genuine concern for the game, and for a community that exists here. To belittle, demean, and suggest that players' issues are somehow invalid simply because you believe the issues to be nonexistent (when people do in fact witness it first hand) only serves to prevent the bug from getting the attention it deserves, and alienates players and potential players.