test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange Not Working.

Comments

• mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    skurf wrote: »
    Also, its seems KDF and FED duty officers are indistinguishable now. The border of their portraits used to be the color of their quality on the bottom (white, green, blue, purple) and fade to either blue or red at the top to indicate which faction they are on. Now there is no fade and the border is entirely the color of their quality. How exactly are we supposed to tell them apart while searching the exchange?

Some of us couldn;t even tell them apart when we had the color bar.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also, its seems KDF and FED duty officers are indistinguishable now. The border of their portraits used to be the color of their quality on the bottom (white, green, blue, purple) and fade to either blue or red at the top to indicate which faction they are on. Now there is no fade and the border is entirely the color of their quality. How exactly are we supposed to tell them apart while searching the exchange?

In this moment, we can distinguish them only by the background :o
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    this problems is keeping my fleet from starting a project cuz we cant buy wut we need from the exchange..................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    One of the starbase doff-like missions is asking for 40 "Heavy Phaser Satellite Turrets."

When I try to buy them on the exchange:

"Unable to make this purchase. Please try again later."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Yes, it;s broken.

So is the item that you are buying. It won;t go into the contribute thingie for some reason.

For reference. please drop the keywords into the search function. Been much discussed.

edit: Didn;t you do some videos on the foundry?....
  • captpeacemakercaptpeacemaker Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I noticed that its not updating Items properly last night
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Thowchum
    Legendary Starfleet Captain
    Fleet Leader, The Abductors
    STO Forum Member since December 2010
    Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The entire Exchange has been bugged for months now.

If it isnt a complete crash on the exchange it is the following bug:
    • Items not showing up on list entirely
    • Items only showing up in list when selecting quality Even with exact names
    • Quality text doesn't match Quality option selected
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
  • sirterrysirterry Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Apparently not.
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's odd, I bought 2 duty officers off the Exchange yesterday and didn't encounter any of the posted problems. I wasn't even aware there was a problem until I saw this thread in the Dev Tracker.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Check the Dev Tracker for latest update.

Guess it depends what you are buying. Most stuff isn't selling for me even if I list it well under the price on the exchange (yes I checked the specific tab). I can't buy any Master keys no matter what way I try. Lots of other common stuff I can and can' buy. Just no logic no matter how you search/list it. Probably the usual exchange TRIBBLE where everything needs to be relisted.
  • awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you look very closely at the portraits you can see a Fed or KDF emblem behind the person. This is the only way to tell which faction the doff belongs to. Changing the border color to match rarity was a pretty stupid idea. It makes it very, very hard to tell which faction the doff belongs to now. PWE needs to add some small icon in the portrait to ID the faction.
  • awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Probably the usual exchange TRIBBLE where everything needs to be relisted.
    Newly listed items show up just fine if you search in any tab that is not the 'ALL' tab. And you can buy newly listed items. I've had no trouble selling doffs and cadres. People who know how to use the exchange are making it work.

Items listed before S6 cannot be bought, it seems. They'll have to be relisted. Since the bulk of what's on the exchange dates to before S6, this, coupled with people only trying the ALL tab, is why they're having so much trouble.

PWE does need to fix the ALL tab, though. There are many items that cannot be found by using any other tab.
  • arcadis15arcadis15 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can someone tell me why I can by no heavy phaser turret plans or the actual turret. I can buy other stuff on teh exchange, but not those. As soon as my fleet needed these for our fleet starbase mission we couldn't buy them.

Something wrong with the exchange or just me???
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's not just you.

I've found that if you try to buy things from the All tab you're less likely to have success than if you actually go to the tab the item belongs to. Example, if you're buying dual cannons, go to the ship weapons tab.
  • irobag520glirobag520gl Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    awolfe59 wrote: »
    Newly listed items show up just fine if you search in any tab that is not the 'ALL' tab. And you can buy newly listed items. I've had no trouble selling doffs and cadres. People who know how to use the exchange are making it work.

Items listed before S6 cannot be bought, it seems. They'll have to be relisted. Since the bulk of what's on the exchange dates to before S6, this, coupled with people only trying the ALL tab, is why they're having so much trouble.

PWE does need to fix the ALL tab, though. There are many items that cannot be found by using any other tab.

This worked for me. Its all in how you search
  • strykervalmontstrykervalmont Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hope you guys at Cryptic are planning on fixing the exchange soon. Not being able to buy anything and not being able to sell anything is really annoying. If your not aware of it, anything someone buys doesn't disappear on the exchange, it remains. So to find something that hasnt been bought is virtually impossible.

Thankyou,

500-day Gold member
    Napolean "Stryker" Valmont
    Battle Group MaYHeM
    www.battlegroupmayhem.bravesite.com
  • billycopbillycop Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    alright i hope someone who can help reads this.

so yesterday i loged on to STO and in order to help my fleet, i got onto the exchange to grab a bunch of turrets. i hit purchase and "sorry,please come back later" cool, i go onto fleet defenses and come back 3 hours later. "sorry,please come back later" a little mad now, i submit a ticket(no,i don't know the number) i got on again this morning, and low and behold, THE TICKET IS GONE! how am i suppose to get help when you folks don't even have a working ticket system?
    as much as i love the new upgrade to STO, all the bugs and stuff tell me it was a bit premature. :mad:
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If your not aware of it, anything someone buys doesn't disappear on the exchange, it remains. So to find something that hasnt been bought is virtually impossible.
    So that explains why I couldn't buy any Romulan ale, yet netted 20k ec from selling a Purple Saurian BOff.

I'm with the OP on this one.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
    edited July 2012
    Just to mention in addition to setting the drop downs as mentioned up above, I've had to set the department along the left as well.

Current list comes up fine for me via that method.

The old bug that we've had for ages appears to have gotten worse.
  • ceejayuk1ceejayuk1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That does not always work either. With both my characters listed the full 40 items, none of the items show up on the exchange, even when you select the correct items by hand and not just in the general search at the top.

I can understand 1 or 2 items having issues, but between both chars 80 items not being listed is taking the mick, I am now throwing things in my replicator that I should be selling just to make money, however my bank is now full of mats that I need to sell.

Its been a few days now, surely a fix should be forthcoming soon. There are now quite a few of us who now are getting to the point it is pointless playing as either our banks are full or we need items off the exchange to continue playing..
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is there any ETA for this mess being fixed? The only consistant way I can find Fleet Ship Modules on the Exchange is by selecting Data Samples and typing in "fleet". Reinforcement packs show up under reward packs, etc. Seriously! This is one annoying mess!
  • darrenh666darrenh666 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Same here.

I list items to sell in the exchange below the current cheapest price and it doesn't show up.

Nothing that I have listed is selling, so my inventory and bank are full. Therefore, I can't buy new items or collect rewards - so for me there's not much point in playing until this is resolved.

Please fix ASAP :mad:
    edited July 2012
    darrenh666 wrote: »
    I list items to sell in the exchange below the current cheapest price and it doesn't show up.

Was this with doing the noted work around as noted a couple of times above?
  • mushimushimelodymushimushimelody Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    edited out
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hello what do you mean can you tell me thank you.
    I'm so happy :D
  • clamyfishstickclamyfishstick Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    me, my son and my friends all have this bug... but it doesn't seem to be everyone since I've sold stuff since...
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    darrenh666 wrote: »
    Same here.

Nothing that I have listed is selling, so my inventory and bank are full. Therefore, I can't buy new items or collect rewards - so for me there's not much point in playing until this is resolved.

Please fix ASAP :mad:

having the exact same issue!

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've dropped some armored eva suits on the exchange and they don't show up with a search at all. Also some items will give different results for searches, like unreplicable items sometimes show up at the 60k level, sometimes at 1 mill. It's hard to price things out now. I had thought with 6 coming out people were just not buying things, but now it seems to be people just can't find my items. Which sucks because I had good momentum for getting a mk xii antiproton mag. :(