test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 6 Foundry Maintenance Timeline

Comments

• highland1982highland1982 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you;re talking about those fleet ship modules, they're sellable and available on the exchange.

At this moment i dont have enough EC, but thanks for pointing it out that its on the exchange.:) For now, im taking a break from STO for awhile, until they get the editor online again, Thats if they get it back online. :rolleyes:
  • j4ck5p4rr0wj4ck5p4rr0w Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Okay, the first time I'd mentioned that the missions were up; I was wrong about that and I apologized.

The second time I'm drawing a blank, I'll admit, so if you could let me know what I said, I'd appreciate it.

You claimed the community authored tab had gone away and then come back, which was completely false.
  • toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You claimed the community authored tab had gone away and then come back, which was completely false.

Thank you for explaining the second thing. I thought it had disappeared and I was mistaken. I'm sorry.
    2rbz410.jpg
  • captain4mericacaptain4merica Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thank you for explaining the second thing. I thought it had disappeared and I was mistaken. I'm sorry.

Instead of being sorry, just dont post any more wrong information.
    edited July 2012
    Instead of being sorry, just dont post any more wrong information.

Don't worry; after what happened before, I won't. I'll leave the posting of the updates to the devs. :)
    2rbz410.jpg
  • trekkerreecetrekkerreece Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    this i believe is to post errors and bugs about the foundry prtoject that were presented before season six...

one error was it was hard to make charecters wonder and walk arround, also when they beam out using the actions such as "federation beam in/out" it was hard to make them stay invissible for long.

furthermore to make a NPC be placed is easy but if you go into their info it says
    "alien ship-disruptor" or "alien" as their alliance so please make all of this more easy. :)

lastly instead of a grey dull and boring background i would like it to be couloured, e.g federation blue background or klingon red.

thank you! :)

P.S i would like more campeign missions. we have fed and KDF but i would like an orion or borg acount! it would be a great leap in star trek online history! and will gain more members!:)
  • trekkerreecetrekkerreece Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    it would be good to have minigames like opening a lock door with a hacking device or something and the new season 6 is out and you can see guns on holsters! thats good but the guns like phaser snipers and stuff is a bit to big. plus i was wondering a sub-phaser be put in? e.g a submachinegun idea such as sub-phaser or sub-disruptor?

and buying ships with cryptic and zen is really not cool. i understand that you need money to keep going but could you make all of those dilithium currency items just be really expenssive in energy credits?
    dilithium can be used for loads of thing else than buying ships. i thought it was fuel anyway?:confused:

like my other posts... please put another character story on! e.g-borg campeign, breen, orion, and maby historical missions that you can activate e.g take command of voyager lost in the delta quadrant or the enterprise leading jean luke pickard into battle. still im not sure wich century star trek online takes place? 24th? 25? 26!? :confused:
  • xxxseadog117xxxxxxseadog117xxx Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2012

P.S i would like more campeign missions. we have fed and KDF but i would like an orion or borg acount! it would be a great leap in star trek online history! and will gain more members!:)

Orions are in the KDF faction. Borg, well you don't have that much freedom. You'd be controlled. What I'm really hoping for is some captured Borg Ships. Maybe from a lock box or something :).
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
  • phase325phase325 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    .......still im not sure wich century star trek online takes place? 24th? 25? 26!? :confused:.....

One thing you should always believe.... in star trek online... it's always...... Thursday afternoon..
    HAMMER SQUADRON
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Who wants to place bets on the Foundry returning on Thursday? I remain hopeful it does but there have been oodles of bugs and issues with season 6. They range from trivial to major. From the tailor not working to loading screens crashing. Speaking of crashing my error reporting service even crashed after the game crashed. So I don't think they received it. I ended up rebooting.

I think the developers are doing a fine job for what they get paid. If they get paid in Zen that is another issue. Well I said this before and I will once again. I think it is time to turn the Foundry back on and get on with fixing issues and do some damage control with assuring the players the issues are being addressed and not completely ignored.

I am still a big JERK. :D
    edited August 2012
    Almost three weeks, nearly a month :eek:. I can't go on one more week without this...
    Kurland Here Kurland Here This is Kurland Kurland Kurland Here Kurland, Do you copy?

edited August 2012
    blargskull wrote: »
    Who wants to place bets on the Foundry returning on Thursday?

Sure! :) I don't have any money, so it'd have to be a gentlemen's bet, but yeah, sure.

I remember reading, last Friday (the 27th), that it was suggested by one of the devs that the editing part of the Foundry get turned back on, so maybe we'll have it back by the end of the week.
    2rbz410.jpg
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2012
    In another thread, dstahl said it will be up this week if all goes well. So fingers crossed.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • highland1982highland1982 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, i hope the editor is back up at the end of the week. im eager to get back into it. as for now im going back to Lotro for now. I'll be back when the editor is up.

Cheers :)
    edited August 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    In another thread, dstahl said it will be up this week if all goes well. So fingers crossed.

I must've missed that...though, to be fair, I've only been reading this one. :D

Very (potentially) good news! :) I'm eager to see why my mission hasn't shown up in the "Community Authored" list yet. lol
    2rbz410.jpg
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Almost three weeks, nearly a month :eek:. I can't go on one more week without this...

It has been the same last season launch and at Season 4 launch. Expect the same to happen at Season 7 launch.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
    edited August 2012

If you've got the space on your computer, you could always download Tribble and use the Foundry there. I wouldn't suggest making missions, but you could use it as a template for other missions you could do on Holodeck. :)
    2rbz410.jpg
    edited August 2012
    Maintenance tomorrow from 6-10 PDT, foundry might be up :P

• kieterokietero Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2012

not keeping my hopes up on that one.
    edited August 2012

I'll definitely hold my excitement until I officially see it's up again. :)

Though if it does go up, sadly, I can't continue my original mission until the reasons for the crashing problems are solved with the TOS interiors. lol :P But at least I can still work on the others. :cool:
    2rbz410.jpg
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'll definitely hold my excitement until I officially see it's up again. :)

Though if it does go up, sadly, I can't continue my original mission until the reasons for the crashing problems are solved with the TOS interiors. lol :P But at least I can still work on the others. :cool:

Here's to that! I can finally start my new mission. Now, how can I tie my previous mission (Return of the Maquis - in case you were interested) into it...

Oh well, one problem at a time, let's wait until we see if the editor's actually BACK UP first.
    edited August 2012
    The patch is done, but the Foundry (in an editing sense) is unfortunately still down. :(

Perhaps by Thursday it'll be back up. :)
    2rbz410.jpg
  • reaperdiereaperdie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The patch is done, but the Foundry (in an editing sense) is unfortunately still down. :(

Perhaps by Thursday it'll be back up. :)

Bran says that maintenance is over yet there is still no foundry so its not complete. Today is Thursday for one and I'm tired of them not updating us on when it will be up. I have a mission i want to complete and can't. If PW doesn't fill us in or get foundry going soon they will loose the majority of their business. Quit lying to us and give us what we want!

Updated: I want to apologize for jumping the gun on my statement, Especially to Branflakes.
  • mrichardsmrichards Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Great job on the patch. A half hour ahead of schedule to boot. Nice!..."Cryptic Defender"? Thanks for the title! I'll wear it proudly! :P
    edited August 2012
    reaperdie wrote: »
    Today is Thursday for one

Oh, yeah, my fault...I don't know why, but I thought today was Wednesday. :o
    2rbz410.jpg
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2012
    Patience. They don't necessarily need maintenance time to turn on Foundry editing, and turning it on during maintenance time may not be the best practice. They need to check things to see if their fixes function properly in the live environment before they let us go running in to change things. Plus, Woghd just posted a slew of bug reports down in the Foundry bug forum, hopefully those are covered under what's already been fixed, but maybe not and maybe Zero wanted to check them out.

I think it's fair to say that I've been as impatient as anyone to get the Foundry back. But I'd rather have it back late than broken.

They haven't lied to us on this one. Neither BranFlakes nor Zero ever gave us an exact date. Even dstahl when he posted said "if all goes well it may be up this week" That's not a promise, so it can't be broken.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited August 2012
    What I am looking for is a developer's update. I just want to know if they are doing okay.

• brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I think it's fair to say that I've been as impatient as anyone to get the Foundry back. But I'd rather have it back late than broken.

All well said, though I think most of us would've felt the same about Season 6. ;)
    Sometimes pushing code off a cliff is the way to "commit" momentum to it. :D
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've given the go-ahead to re-enable the Foundry editor! :D

NOTE:
    For projects that were seeing problems with "sunken" objects, before you start fixing things, make sure to preview your map. Most/all of these problems were already corrected and just require republishing.

We didn't want to remove all the Foundry missions again and make them all go through another republish. :)

Second note:
    It may take a short while for the editor to come back up.
  • woodyvalleywoodyvalley Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've given the go-ahead to re-enable the Foundry editor! :D

Crickey!!

Thanks Zero :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.