What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constant Server disconnects

Comments

• Options
    draco0167draco0167 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Something that was suggested to me was to disable the on-demand patching from the launcher options. This started a ~6 gb patch but after that the problem still exists. Just thought I'd make sure you guys were aware so you didn't have to sit through 6 gigs of a download.
  • Options
    parisalexandria1parisalexandria1 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    venkinto wrote: »
    exact same issue here. Big red SERVER NOT RESPONDING timeouts. Its making me crazy:mad:

What is happening?
    The game is once again unplayable.
    I'm a lifetime Gold subscriber and have the same problems as any silver. Very democratic and very unplayable.

It makes me a Sad Panda...
  • Options
    draco0167draco0167 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can't even get into game long enough to send a ticket about this issue. This is so stupid I mean is this going to be like the early version of ***? I mean is PWI not testing these patches before they throw them up?

In-game tickets are for GMs and there is no option to discuss connection issues. In this case you will want to submit a ticket here: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
  • Options
    fanboy3kfanboy3k Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've never had connection or lag issues. Sure, the occasional lag spike that might make me rubber band on ESD every blue moon but other then that, great. Until the last patch. Now I'm laggy as hell, getting randomly Dc'd (assuming I make it past the log in screen) and getting these red, server disconnected messages at the top of the screen constantly which interrupt play.

I did a force verify on my files, ensured I had on demand patching disabled, verified that the launcher and client were exceptions in the firewall, tried connecting via proxy, reboot my pc, performed a hard reset on my RG, still the same issue. I don't know what "upgrades" you put in, but if you could un-upgrade it or put in a fix I would appreciate it. It seems I'm going to be unable to play until you do.

FYI: Every other online game I play still runs great. The issue is with STO and "only" STO.

Edit: I've now also tried updating my drivers and running sto as admin and still nothing has changed.
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    fanboy3k wrote: »
    I've never had connection or lag issues. Sure, the occasional lag spike that might make me rubber band on ESD every blue moon but other then that, great. Until the last patch. Now I'm laggy as hell, getting randomly Dc'd (assuming I make it past the log in screen) and getting these red, server disconnected messages at the top of the screen constantly which interrupt play.

I did a force verify on my files, ensured I had on demand patching disabled, verified that the launcher and client were exceptions in the firewall, tried connecting via proxy, reboot my pc, performed a hard reset on my RG, still the same issue. I don't know what "upgrades" you put in, but if you could un-upgrade it or put in a fix I would appreciate it. It seems I'm going to be unable to play until you do.

FYI: Every other online game I play still runs great. The issue is with STO and "only" STO.

This is exactly my situation. I've never had a problem until this last patch. The rest of my internet is running smoothly, but STO is unplayable. Literally, there is so much lag that ships just sit there frozen on screen, then all the lag catches up in a split second and I'm dead.
  • Options
    diafpwediafpwe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It sure is odd how everyone posting here so far has a join date from the last few months.

Join date is from the last few months because they changed the forums a few months ago and screwed everything up.
  • Options
    foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Notch me up as another "Server not responding" casualty.
  • Options
    venkintovenkinto Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Got booted again just now. I logged in, updated some doff assignments, checked on fleet stuff, everything seemed fine....but then I got into an STF and immediately after warping in, the rubberbanding started, red SERVER NOT RESPONDING text, and a disconnect.

This is working my last nerve. Can we PLEASE get a dev response on this issue? At the very least let us know if tech support is aware of the issue. If this keeps up much longer, im going to want a refund for all the C-store stuff I bought that is unusable now.
  • Options
    puukpuuk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have to throw my hat into this "pile," too. The latest patch hosed my connectivity to STO. Everything else internet related works fine on my PC, including GW 2 and Secret World, but STO is chalk full of "Server Not Responding" messages. I haven't seen anything posted from Cryptic, either. Not exactly encouraging. :mad:
  • Options
    venkintovenkinto Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, I did a force verify and the lag seems to be gone for now. However this is after updating drivers, unplugging everything else on the network and 12 reboots had no effect.
  • Options
    hirodantehirodante Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    venkinto wrote: »
    Well, I did a force verify and the lag seems to be gone for now. However this is after updating drivers, unplugging everything else on the network and 12 reboots had no effect.

I am clean no lag thanks :). After being able to play for 5-10 mins with lag like hell. Now been playing for 30 mins after force verify worked for me smooth game play.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    What is Force Verify and how do I do it? I'm still getting lots of lag to where any type of combat is completely unplayable.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    once you have the launcher up, near the top right corner, click options. check force verify then click ok. next, log in, at this point the launcher should appear to be patching/checking your files. this will take awhile.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I've now tried updating my drivers and running sto as admin and still nothing has changed. I'm a vet of over 500 days and never had an issue till this last patch. I'm canceling my subscription. If one day they resolve this and I can play again, I'll come back, but I'm not paying for a game I can't play. gl all

Edit: Tried setting up new rules for port 80 in adv firewall settings to allow launcher and client thru. no change. I give up, I've exhausted all options.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Unfortunately, force verify did not solve my issues. I did manage to play a PvP without any lag, but traversing from one sector to another is where the problem seems most prevalent. It's as if each sector has a different amount of lag. Some sectors will be unplayable and I'll even get disconnected from the entire game while in the sector or in the loading screen for the sector. Other sectors seem to be lag-free. And then others will have lag only sometimes.

Edit: Just tried another PvP and it lagged like crazy. Completely unplayable. I even relogged, but it didn't solve the problem.
  • Options
    garogressgarogress Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just logged in after a year or so hiatus and was having a TRIBBLE ton of fun, asking myself "Why the hell did I leave this game in the first place? Oh yeah... [SERVER NOT RESPONDING]". This was an issue back when rubberbanding was pretty prevalent (for those of you that remember). It's discouraging to see threads that date back to the middle of the year and connection is still a problem. I had a more reliable connection playing on the US server from the middle east. When I got to NY that's when the SERVER NOT RESPONDING message reared its ugly head and I threw my arms up and said "I quit". Now I'm in Hawaii and the old friend came by for a visit. I'm really kicking myself that I re-upped my sub before playing longer. I hope they address this issue. This is the last MMO I've got before I give up entirely on the genre.
  • Options
    khurgakhurga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This issue is getting progressively worse every day.

Right after the update, I could at least move around and pick up doff missions. Today, it took half an hour to just start moving.

Can only hope that this issue is being worked on, because patience is wearing thin. It shouldn't take five days to fix a game-breaking issue like this.
  • Options
    vinsin4vinsin4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    there seems to be 2/3 of servers are bad it always happen logging in or changing zones i wonder if pay to play or lifetime have these lag or if its just free to play, at this point i know its not our net its there servers
  • Options
    kerayu12kerayu12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ima lifetimer had 3 random lost connections from game server while playing a couple foundry missions
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm a veteran of over 500 days and never had issues till last patch. I've tried everything I could think of and everything anyone o n the forums could think of. Still have unplayable lag and server disconnects. On the chance someone might care and see see this....here are my test results.

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.77.43.1
    3 6 ms 7 ms 7 ms tge7-3.snantx3300-er01.texas.rr.com [24.28.133.2
    48]
    4 12 ms 23 ms 23 ms tge0-7-0-7.snantx3000-tr01.texas.rr.com [24.175.
    33.138]
    5 18 ms 15 ms 15 ms 24.175.32.176
    6 16 ms 14 ms 15 ms ae23.hstntxl3-rtr1.texas.rr.com [24.175.32.156]

7 19 ms 14 ms 15 ms ae-2-0.cr0.hou30.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.108]
    8 17 ms 15 ms 15 ms ae-0-0.pr0.dfw10.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.181]
    9 158 ms 211 ms 224 ms te9-4.ccr01.dfw03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.11.
    49]
    10 16 ms 15 ms 15 ms te0-4-0-3.ccr21.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .82.21]
    11 26 ms 25 ms 25 ms te0-3-0-2.ccr21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .5.222]
    12 38 ms 37 ms 37 ms te0-2-0-3.ccr21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .7.186]
    13 61 ms 59 ms 61 ms te0-1-0-1.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .6.21]
    14 61 ms 61 ms 64 ms te4-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.25
    4]
    15 58 ms 67 ms 70 ms 38.111.40.114
    16 58 ms 59 ms 59 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

contacting nettest server..
    Local IP: 72.178.118.70
    Ping: 57.9 msec
    Port: 80: 963 KB/sec 34 KB/sec 1019 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 959 KB/sec 34 KB/sec 1015 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 967 KB/sec 34 KB/sec 1023 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 1001 KB/sec 33 KB/sec 1059 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 927 KB/sec 32 KB/sec 980 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 967 KB/sec 34 KB/sec 1026 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 967 KB/sec 32 KB/sec 1023 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 997 KB/sec 38 KB/sec 1060 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 976 KB/sec 34 KB/sec 1034 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 1016 KB/sec 34 KB/sec 1071 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 978 KB/sec 33 KB/sec 1034 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 976 KB/sec 35 KB/sec 1034 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 946 KB/sec 33 KB/sec 1001 KB/sec 500
    Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 0 KB/sec Recv: 0 KB/sec
    hit return to exit

PROVIDER: Time WARNER
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In a thread in the "Gameplay Bugs" subforum about this issue, people have been posting their ISP and location. There may be a pattern. So far, people who have this issue have reported that their ISP is Time Warner and that they are located in either Texas or Southern California.

See here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=382861
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    baxhatrixbaxhatrix Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ever since Season 7 went live I'm unable to play the game. All I get are nonstop Server Not Responding messages, followed by disconnects.

I've turned down all my in game settings, updated my computer which is less than a year old, video driver, and even defragged just in case. Still the same constant issues. I can't play the game at all.

Hopefully a Dev or someone from Cryptic/PW frequents these forums and is aware of the issue. I tried submitting a Ticket In Game many times only to get disconnected before I could finish.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    baxhatrix wrote: »
    Ever since Season 7 went live I'm unable to play the game. All I get are nonstop Server Not Responding messages, followed by disconnects.

I've turned down all my in game settings, updated my computer which is less than a year old, video driver, and even defragged just in case. Still the same constant issues. I can't play the game at all.

Hopefully a Dev or someone from Cryptic/PW frequents these forums and is aware of the issue. I tried submitting a Ticket In Game many times only to get disconnected before I could finish.

I have noticed today a very horrid amount of repeat server not responding and then cannot connect to game server error. Not to mention a ticket going on now for 6 days unresolved of a boff issue. Yeah this apparently is a Cryptic/PWE issue and its not on my end either it was painful but all I could do today on here is doff and horrible problems with this game like this and they expect votes and TRIBBLE on other sites... I don't normally vote but i'll go vote for the game with a better connection lol.
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    why is this not getting fixed? we keep crashing and this has been going on for almost a month.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have noticed today a very horrid amount of repeat server not responding and then cannot connect to game server error. Not to mention a ticket going on now for 6 days unresolved of a boff issue. Yeah this apparently is a Cryptic/PWE issue and its not on my end either it was painful but all I could do today on here is doff and horrible problems with this game like this and they expect votes and TRIBBLE on other sites... I don't normally vote but i'll go vote for the game with a better connection lol.
    From my experience, its not a Cryptic issue at all, as the only problem I've encountered this month is being kicked out 10 seconds after starting a Fleet Action....

Have you looked at this ongoing thread in the PWE Technical Support Forum??? http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=4181

It would also be useful if you looked at the instructions for the NetTest and Trace-Route diagnostic located in this thread, and post the results in the PWE Support forum... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nettests, traceroutes, clearing and resetting your IP address, resetting your modem, reinstalling drivers, none of this will fix the "server not responding" problem. It's just pointless hoop-jumping to placate you with the illusion that you're doing something about it.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Nettests, traceroutes, clearing and resetting your IP address, resetting your modem, reinstalling drivers, none of this will fix the "server not responding" problem. It's just pointless hoop-jumping to placate you with the illusion that you're doing something about it.

They're not intended to fix anything. They're intended to give some sort of baseline for the tech team to work with.

Tech support doesn't have magic bullets that solve everything, but it helps them to know what you've done to a certain point, and they can then work from there.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    kane53kane53 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    since that latest patch its only gotten worst for me i get into an area and i get random disconnects i move to a mission area and the lagg is so bad the game randomly freezes hell i cant even do a borg red alert anymore due to the lagg
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2012
    I find this odd as well.

400-day player (paying customer), approximately 26+ days playing time. Buy way-too many Zen ;)

My internet connection is as stable as any can be, cable-based on a strong backbone based in Vancouver BC.

Seasons Five & Six - not a single disconnect other that me leaving the computer and timing out.

Since Season Seven started, I have been experiencing increasing server time-outs and disconnects. The average is 2-5x per session. The timing the of the disconnects varies, as I play at different times of the day between projects. Mid-day, PST is the worst.

Today I was disconnected 5x consecutively estimated between 1130 and 1246 hrs, PST.

In the real world I work with SaaS projects. Disconnects with our products are rare, but occur during times of unusually high connectivity. My instincts tell me that increased access (time of day, Season 7, Winter Wonderland and recent good press) is the culprit here. Systems like this are rarely used to the maximum, but there are always times when the system is overtaxed.

Good to see increased access. It's a positive sign for the growth of Star Trek Online. I't a good problem to have.

Being a paying customer, this frustrates me. Although STO is hardly mission critical software - ie my business would slow or fail without access, it is to me mission critical for my happiness. Yes, I'm addicted. Having a foot in their camp so to speak, I also understand the balance between overall performance, the downsides of priority access and the unreasonable overhead that ultimately entails.

My grammar aside, you really should do something about this.

Addendum: 1335 hrs connectivity stable again. I should really not watch Sherlock while playing Star Trek. There's a thought... reintroduce Moriarty!

Admiral Thrax
  • Options
    victorstillwatervictorstillwater Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Heyo...

So I'm trying to get into the game, but I run into this issue where it tries to retrieve the list of maps, but just disconnects every time. Not sure what to do.

I can play other MMOs, such as WoW or TSW, without much issue though.

Can anyone help?