test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just had a novel idea that many of you will hate and none of us can do it but I'll say it anyway.

I have been running in circles around Starbase 39-Sierra for the past hour or so (while blabbing in CatPhone) when I noticed that the space outside was green. Now I think it has always been that way but I noticed it for the first time.

So the idea that came to me was that it was some kind of promotional event for May. Wouldn't it be fun (though unrealistic) if the space outside all major areas with windows turned green as May approaches?
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    loukoc wrote: »
    I just had a novel idea that many of you will hate and none of us can do it but I'll say it anyway.

I have been running in circles around Starbase 39-Sierra for the past hour or so (while blabbing in CatPhone) when I noticed that the space outside was green. Now I think it has always been that way but I noticed it for the first time.

So the idea that came to me was that it was some kind of promotional event for May. Wouldn't it be fun (though unrealistic) if the space outside all major areas with windows turned green as May approaches?

What you did there.. I see it...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    What you did there.. I see it...

Why don't I see it? :eek:
    edited March 2013
    Why don't I see it? :eek:

Asking for green=reference to,
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Interesting idea.

That, I think, would be a great effect.
    Welcome to our new shadowcat Va'ren :D.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *pontificates an hour-long welcome speech*
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »

You must be a politician in your spare time, all they do is talk. :P
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    You must be a politician in your spare time, all they do is talk. :P

with a side of TRIBBLE the little person over in their spare time
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited March 2013

*fires disruptor*

No one gave you that authority.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."

Also, have you guys noticed that some NPCs (allies or enemies) in missions seem to be burned? I have seen it a lot. And it was a lot of fun when Lieutenant Simien seemed burned.

Yeah, actually I have noticed that several times these past few days. Some NPCs have the corpse skin from the 'Dead Jim' accolade. :P

I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with Tholians! ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I saw a real player with the Dead Jim look totally covering him, thought at the time it must have been a holoprojector.
    sirepical wrote: »
    I saw a real player with the Dead Jim look totally covering him, thought at the time it must have been a holoprojector.

Saw a girl with it on New Romulus as well.
    Just make sure you don't get it as a cat. M'vore might think yer a grilled snack!
    edited March 2013
    Actually, New Romulus does seem to be popular for that. Every time I go there, my Borg Scientist always transforms into that roasted corpse when he dies. :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ever tried pulling off your EV suit on Nukara? You can have your own Dead Jim look in no time!
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited March 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Ever tried pulling off your EV suit on Nukara? You can have your own Dead Jim look in no time!

If you're a Ferasan you can get it while inside the KDF camp. Just jump on top of one of the "tents" and then on the tallest of the vents and start jumping. Periodically you will take damage and eventually you will get roasted...
    edited March 2013
    I'm no expert, but according to my Tricorder readings, you're dead....:eek:
    edited March 2013
    I'm no expert, but according to my Tricorder readings, you're dead....:eek:

The Walking Dead has come to STO.
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    The Walking Dead has come to STO.

haven't they been there from the beginning? the 2409 borg certainly look like zombies
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited March 2013
    haven't they been there from the beginning? the 2409 borg certainly look like zombies

Didn't the Borg always look like zombies?

I would also like to share my success, I got every fleet action trophy on Zero. I'm NEVER touching Scout Force again, EVER! (probably SB24 too)
    edited March 2013

I would also like to share my success, I got every fleet action trophy on Zero. I'm NEVER touching Scout Force again, EVER! (probably SB24 too)

Grats!
    10chars.
    edited March 2013

compared to what they look like ingame? not really

also, SB24 isn't that bad, but yeah, scout force is a pain, mainly because stuff doesn't respawn quickly enough, plus there's all that bloom glare at the end with the carriers slowing your comp down to a crawl

#LegalizeAwoo

• tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    compared to what they look like ingame? not really

also, SB24 isn't that bad, but yeah, scout force is a pain, mainly because stuff doesn't respawn quickly enough, plus there's all that bloom glare at the end with the carriers slowing your comp down to a crawl

You do know you can turn off bloom. Right?
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
    edited March 2013
    You do know you can turn off bloom. Right?

it isn't that kind of bloom; i'm talking about the massive white blobs that show up in some maps that massively slow down your computer if you're looking at them

#LegalizeAwoo

• tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    it isn't that kind of bloom; i'm talking about the massive white blobs that show up in some maps that massively slow down your computer if you're looking at them

Oh those dang things! I hate those with such a passion.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
    edited March 2013
    Just try to stay within firing range and keep away from the nebula.
    edited March 2013
    Those lightcloads are precisely why I rarely enter Sector Incursions in Romulan Space. :mad:
    No! Look at all the duct tape and garden hoses:
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/d/db/Borg_2366.jpg

And compare it to the entire removal of the biological tissue:
    http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/Metafour/media/STO%20Beta/Borg_Female01.jpg.html
    edited March 2013

i see plenty of garden hose, but no duct tape

#LegalizeAwoo

• commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Curse these migraines.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    Curse these migraines.

Sorry to hear about that.