test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    loukoc wrote: »
    Does anyone know what level I need to be to do the episode?

COLOR]
    I believe it is level 9.

Actually it's level 6. Not that it would make much change at this point since leveling is *poof*, but you can do it sooner if you want to. Cheers!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There tier 4 base is just a few hours away.

If anyone has anything to contribute to projects, please prioritise the embassy upgrade that is currently going on. also dont add the slot 5 useless projects. they award next to nothing and are just a waste of marks. we are going to have plenty pf projects to run so there will be no shortage of marks needed.

moving forward we should keep adding the starbase projects that award 1000 xp and require doffs only. this will maximise our xp points gain over the next month or so and get us to tier 4 in sci and eng, before making the big push to tier 5 shipyard.

Thanks.
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Our run of Cure from a couple weeks ago is now live!

Today begins 8-straight days of Star Trek Online videos on my youtube page in honor of STO's Third Anniversary!
    Saturday: Ferasan Shadow Force runs Cure Ground Elite
    Sunday: My traditional "new ship" video as Mr Chill has made it to RALH.
    Monday: Mr Chill tries to find Q
    Tuesday-Thursday: Mr Chill ends up in an alternate reality's alternate reality
    Friday: Mr Chill Makes it to DS9
    Saturday: Mr Chill heads to the Badlands.

Click my sig for my website!
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    Saturday: Ferasan Shadow Force runs Cure Ground Elite

For some odd reason, with my computer volume up to max I can hear myself better with Cure then I could with ISE.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    BTW: Tier 4 Base is on-line :)
    moving forward we should keep adding the starbase projects that award 1000 xp and require doffs only. this will maximise our xp points gain over the next month or so and get us to tier 4 in sci and eng, before making the big push to tier 5 shipyard.

Slot 3 should go to personal engineering requisitions a few times, we are desperately short of these! (someone changed this task several times the last days to useless engineering operational asset or the military training, the currently personal req. is the first one that "came through" for over a week)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well done all on T4 :D.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Embassy now haz feesh for kitties! Big feesh. Why does everything on FSF Planet 619[New Romulus to the Feds] have 6 eyes?
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kalecto wrote: »
    Check out this thread I just finished typing up: "REDALERT chat with dStahl"

Read it, and I saw this in there:

[10:22] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Customizeable Kits are on the docket for 2013

Then, out loud, I said 'YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

That sounds like a good addition to me.
    sirepical wrote: »

[10:22] [REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Customizeable Kits are on the docket for 2013

Then, out loud, I said 'YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Bring out the Borg ships he mentioned first then we'll talk kits :P.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There tier 4 base is just a few hours away.

If anyone has anything to contribute to projects, please prioritise the embassy upgrade that is currently going on. also dont add the slot 5 useless projects. they award next to nothing and are just a waste of marks. we are going to have plenty pf projects to run so there will be no shortage of marks needed.

Thanks.

There are people who keep using an eng slot for provisions or assets. I'm trying to revert it when i see it but i'm not always online, and this member obviously has a lot of free time on his hands to do that.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Our run of Cure from a couple weeks ago is now live!
    1. At 1:14, 1:40, 2:04, what are Ferasians? Are these some sort of strange evolution of Ferocians? :eek:

2. At 3:15, that is the Shard of Possibilities! It creates 2 quantum copies of me, both of which have guns to help shoot Borg! They have saved my life more times than I can count! :D

3. At 5:50, well, I do so dearly love my ghost cane! It is one of my favourite weapons, especially against the Borg! Plus the extra few seconds buys some much needed time for my shield and health to regenerate. It is for these reasons that you see me use the cane quite a great deal! :D

4. At 10:00, the way to know if the shield is down is to see all of the green beams shut off. In addition, I always solo transformers 3-4, so I will say "Go!" or "Down!" in the chat box. Look for that.

5. At 19:00, I only play male characters because I have no intention of lying to the world. I am male, so I play male. That simple. Come to think of it, the ONLY game in which I have ever played female was The Sith Lords, and only because the Exile was canon female.

6. At 20:00, "Darth" is not a name; it is a title given to all Dark Lords of the Sith. It comes from the Massassi word meaning "Dark." And the "Vader" means "Father," So therefore, "Dark Father." Which of course, he was a horrid father figure to say the least. So there is your history lesson from the "Walking Star Wars Encyclopaedia," as I am known around FileFront Forums. (:D)

7. In my case, I did not join CatPhone until I joined the Ferasan Shadow Force. I only discovered it because it is listed in the Fleet Information page. For a bit of background, I discovered the fleet itself because of meeting Narill on Bajor before he stopped playing STO. The next day, I created a Ferasan. A few days later, Doc M'Vore encountered me at First City, and added me to the Fleet! So there are your credits!

8. At 24:00, don't worry about Pulsewaves. A great strategy is actually to have one person with a Splitbeam hide in one of the forcefield corners, where they will crouch and snipe Armek. From there, you are outside of Armek's weapon range, so you can kill him without having to worry about being one-shot-killed, or worry about the orbital strikes. The only thing to worry about is the shield domes pushing you into range of Armek's gun, which is why you need at least 1-2 people tanking him from up close, to keep the agro on them.

9. If you have Frosted Boots, you can run from the generators to Armek withut having to worry about the tediousness.

/end wall of text
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not a big fan of that video because the optional was somehow failed. We need to do that again sometime.
    lindaleff wrote: »
    5. At 19:00, I only play male characters because I have no intention of lying to the world. I am male, so I play male. That simple. Come to think of it, the ONLY game in which I have ever played female was The Sith Lords, and only because the Exile was canon female.

And my reasoning for playing female chars is that I am SOOOO bored of playing male characters I enjoy the welcome respite.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    -gets nightmarish visions of being surrounded by six ISE tactical cubes, all firing on him-

Eh, I've faced worse.

I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    -gets nightmarish visions of being surrounded by six ISE tactical cubes, all firing on him-

Eh, I've faced worse.

Um......HSE, not ISE.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
  • loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Well customizable kits wold be nice, but I hope that they would be customizable on the FDF (Ferasan Defense Forces) as well as Starfleet.

ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Bring out the Borg ships he mentioned first then we'll talk kits :P.

Agreed Sarabi-san, I have always wanted to have a Borg diamond! (With its own bridge ofc)
    edited February 2013
    I want the one-hit-kill invisitorps! See if the Borg like their own weapons being used against them! :D
    Not a big fan of that video because the optional was somehow failed. We need to do that again sometime.
    We did run right past one of the turrets. Next time we go, we need make sure of state that we want optional this time, otherwise we are likely to run right past anything that is not important and/or slows us down. :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    edited February 2013
    I say goodbye to an old friend. Defiant-class USS Blizzard, it has been a pleasure!
    I say goodbye to an old friend. Defiant-class USS Blizzard, it has been a pleasure!

That was a very sad video. Even though it wasn't a pure Defiant-class-looking ship (but neither is mine I guess, mine is the Sao Paulo skin).
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    valenn1 wrote: »
    BTW: Tier 4 Base is on-line :)

Slot 3 should go to personal engineering requisitions a few times, we are desperately short of these! (someone changed this task several times the last days to useless engineering operational asset or the military training, the currently personal req. is the first one that "came through" for over a week)

Yeah, thats fine. if we are low on a provisioned item then by all means.
    edited February 2013
    I think we all have at least one Elite Fleet weapon now anyway.
    Why ya gotta makes a kitty cry? :rolleyes:

Not really. But I do really like your new ship. :D
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Very emotional Commadore. It's probably the song you picked for the video. I felt a bit sorry for the U.S.S. Blizzard. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited February 2013
    Well, I had been doing a music video for each of my new ships. I decided to be a little more creative this time and reflect on what she had done for me.
    I loved that video. Personally, I would have done it so that the "Defeated" and the resulting explosion was the very last time we saw the ship. Then I would go into the creation of the new ship. To each his own though. All and all, well done.
    edited February 2013
    I loved that video. Personally, I would have done it so that the "Defeated" and the resulting explosion was the very last time we saw the ship. Then I would go into the creation of the new ship. To each his own though. All and all, well done.

That was my intent with everything after the "docking" being a dream sequence. But I couldn't find a good filter to make it seem "dreamy". So I just ran it as you see it.
    I know nothing about making videos, so I cannot help there. :(
    edited February 2013
    Sentience of Elite Tac Cubes:
    They know when they're going down so they manage to tractor me when their hull is very low, just so they can take me with them. (happens to me all the time in ISE)

They stay away from Gateway when it is low in health so they don't get damaged when it explodes.

They pick off the weakest members of the group first, then they decide to attack stronger ones. (they especially like picking at technicolor Oddies, as I have observed)
    edited February 2013
    They know when they're going down so they manage to tractor me when their hull is very low, just so they can take me with them. (happens to me all the time in ISE)
    That is why I use Polarize Hull. Depending on if I have any hull heals available, I may then also use Evasive Manoeuvres. It gets me free of their beams quite effectively, and puts me in a n even better firing position! :D
    They stay away from Gateway when it is low in health so they don't get damaged when it explodes.
    I have never seen that. The Tactical Cube in ISE likes to crawl around the gate, so so closely that I am often able to use Scramble Sensors to make the gate actually shoot the Cube! It never one-hit-kills, but the damage done saves us time. :D
    They pick off the weakest members of the group first, then they decide to attack stronger ones. (they especially like picking at technicolor Oddies, as I have observed)
    I doubt this one. In my experience, one Torpedo Spread, one Isometric Charge, and everything suddenly everything starts attacking ME! *glares at Donatra* That is why I replaced Isometric Charge with Photonic Shockwave; one Shockwave launch, followed by Scramble Sensors, does massive widespread damage without causing the agro so suddenly switch to me. :rolleyes:
    edited February 2013
    That is why I use Polarize Hull. Depending on if I have any hull heals available, I may then also use Evasive Manoeuvres. It gets me free of their beams quite effectively, and puts me in a n even better firing position! :D

My Polarize Hull seems to always be on CD when I'm tractored for some reason. Will look into this.
    I have never seen that. The Tactical Cube in ISE likes to crawl around the gate, so so closely that I am often able to use Scramble Sensors to make the gate actually shoot the Cube! It never one-hit-kills, but the damage done saves us time. :D

When I do ISE the Tac Cube avoids gate for whatever reason. Perhaps people pull it away but I don't think so.

I doubt this one. In my experience, one Torpedo Spread, one Isometric Charge, and everything suddenly everything starts attacking ME! *glares at Donatra* That is why I replaced Isometric Charge with Photonic Shockwave; one Shockwave launch, followed by Scramble Sensors, does massive widespread damage without causing the agro so suddenly switch to me. :rolleyes:

Well I get many technicolor Oddies on ISE and I always see that they tend to get aggro a lot and (since they're usually nubs) go boom after a few seconds.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well I get many technicolor Oddies on ISE and I always see that they tend to get aggro a lot and (since they're usually nubs) go boom after a few seconds.

Perhaps they skilled into threat control?