test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Want to see what the devs are working on? Take a look!

Comments

• Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Anyone happen to know where this so called image can be found?
    I'm kinda lost about the conversation... :(
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wow. I found more than I bargained for. Not just the thing that shall not be named, but an apparent KDF version of it, plus some clearly unfinished images of another thing people have been wanting.
  • Options
    sl1ckm1stersl1ckm1ster Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Wow. I found more than I bargained for. Not just the thing that shall not be named, but an apparent KDF version of it, plus some clearly unfinished images of another thing people have been wanting.

Please PM me the link.
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Anyone happen to know where this so called image can be found?
    I'm kinda lost about the conversation... :(

Go replay "Second Star to the Right..." mate, and keep your eyes peeled for something that perhaps seems like it's in the right place, at the wrong time, if you catch my drift.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Please PM me the link.

I will do no such thing.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    I will do no such thing.

In that case, thanks for "no such thing" :P
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    koppenflak wrote: »
    Go replay "Second Star to the Right..." mate, and keep your eyes peeled for something that perhaps seems like it's in the right place, at the wrong time, if you catch my drift.

Just go look in the foundry. You will find one thing that a lot of people have been looking for, and something else that will cause a riot. :mad:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Just go look in the foundry. You will find one thing that a lot of people have been looking for, and something else that will cause a riot. :mad:

What has been seen cannot be unseen :D
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    koppenflak wrote: »

Got it thnx!!
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    What has been seen cannot be unseen :D

No, No it cannot. :(
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I saw 'That-Which-Cannot-Be-Mentioned' around noon time today...

Was not that impressed.

And How silly is this convo...

One can never get the cat back in the bag...

Especially since the 'Thing' was seen & is IN-Game...

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ha that was fun :D
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is dumb... what has been seen can not be unseen.
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Right now, I'm looking at Anticipated Ship #2, and somehow got the settings to where I can see the details of the hull. Even though it's incomplete, it looks like a good shape. And it's the proper length (placed next to a Sovereign).

So when we will get the other canonical ships in? And if we will ever have room for them? :P
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    stormshade wrote: »
    It's me. And you are mentioning something in every post I've removed which we don't want on the forums.

Also, discussing moderation actions on the forums can result in warnings, or infractions. So please, instead of continuing to post the material we keep removing, stop posting it.

Thanks,

Stormshade

then maybe qa and the devs should do a better job rather than taking out your anger on the players go take it out on qa and the devs !

The time ships are everywhere in game, in fleet acitons where its the feds, in various kdf missions. You expect people to not post an image ? get a grip man or release a patch but stop whining :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I cant wait to read the patch notes...

"Removed mysterious ship from several missions because our QA is horrible and it never should have gotten out so lets blame the players who post on our forums."

That what it should say but all it will say is:

"Removed mysterious ship from several missions."

Cryptic, you need to stop angering your players by doing dumb things. As far as I know posting pictures from stuff seen on the live server is not against the rules....
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    samseabornsamseaborn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I hear rumours that there's a new class of Starship in development, The Bacon class U.S.S. Bacon? Can I get confirmation or at least a bacon sammich?
  • Options
    aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I hope I can get my hands on one, and go back to before crafting was ruined by the dilithium requirements, craft some stuff for my alts with all the materials I took the time to gather, then come back. :D

Inb4censorship
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    then maybe qa and the devs should do a better job rather than taking out your anger on the players go take it out on qa and the devs !

The time ships are everywhere in game, in fleet acitons where its the feds, in various kdf missions. You expect people to not post an image ? get a grip man or release a patch but stop whining :mad:

Important thing to remember is Stormshade is just doing his job and just ends up being the victim being stuck in the middle between PWE and Customers. I've been there its the not so fun part of a job like that.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    I saw 'That-Which-Cannot-Be-Mentioned' around noon time today...

Was not that impressed.

And How silly is this convo...

One can never get the cat back in the bag...

Especially since the 'Thing' was seen & is IN-Game...

:rolleyes:

That's how it goes I guess... :(
    Right now, I'm looking at Anticipated Ship #2, and somehow got the settings to where I can see the details of the hull. Even though it's incomplete, it looks like a good shape. And it's the proper length (placed next to a Sovereign).

So when we will get the other canonical ships in? And if we will ever have room for them? :P

I guess that's the only good news.... -le sigh-

Mother****ing timeships.....
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    That's how it goes I guess... :(

I guess that's the only good news.... -le sigh-

Mother****ing timeships.....

I wouldn't worry about their time-sensing, time-travelling capabilities. If they could sense and travel through time, why would they willing time-travel to their own demise, repeately? And how on earth could run-of-the-mill KDF/Starfleet vessels from 400 years in the past defeat them so easily?

Frankly, my opinion = ship skin; nothing else makes sense, or is anything to worry about...yet.
  • Options
    yuzralyuzral Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited August 2012
    True enough and I'll agree that Stormshade likely doesn't deserve the flak for the way this has been handled - unless of course (s)he made the decisions, in which case yes it is fully deserved.

That said, the way in which this has been handled strikes me as...less than optimal, even allowing for the fact that the decisions on how to handle this were probably snap decisions made by the 'Officer of the Watch' on duty. As I see it, there were three approaches once Cryptic realised that [REDACTED] had leaked onto the live servers.

1) Ignore the problem, hope nobody noticed and palm it off onto the day shift. Of course the odds of people not noticing a new ship type flying around are pretty much nil and the day shift's reaction isn't too hard to imagine: :eek:=>:mad:

2) Attempt to suppress the leak. Remove all direct reference to [REDACTED] on the boards and ask the major fansites to do the same on their boards. Shut down the Kahless Expanse (which is where most of the appearances of [REDACTED] are happening) and pass over to the day shift for an emergency patch to fix the problem. The problem with this is that not only is it doomed to fail (especially once the footage got onto YouTube *cough*) but breaking out the black marker on the boards stinks of indulging in censorship in a futile attempt to cover a fairly trivial mistake and save an unknown developers' blushes...at the price of irritating the community.

3) What I would have done: Stick a front page post up to the effect of "We're aware that [REDACTED] escaped the development server and made it onto Holodeck with the recent patch. This was unintentional and they will be removed shortly. In the meantime, enjoy the sneak peek...and please remember that [REDACTED] are in a very early development stage when you do so."

Then put something like this on the front page once the leak is plugged:

FEDERATION NEWS NETWORK
    UTOPIA PLANETIA SHIPYARDS, SOL SYSTEM; FIRST CITY, QO'ONOS; PALAIS DE LA CONCORDE, EARTH.

STARDATE 90251.75

Representatives of both the Federation and the Klingon Empire refused to be drawn on reports that have emerged over the last 24 hours of unknown ships sighted in the company of Starfleet Cruisers. The unknown ship type, described by witnesses as being 'roughly triangular', 'sleek' and 'like nothing I've ever seen before' were sighted in the Kahless Expanse by civilian trading vessels and reports have reached FNN of these ships exchanging fire with Klingon warships. The sheer number of reports and their consistency, including amateur sensor footage, led FNN to ask the Starfleet Advanced Starship Design Bureau if this was a prototype light cruiser and, if so, what the radical departure from traditional starship design implied for the fleet of 2420.

Perhaps predictably, the reply from the ASDB was curt: "The ASDB does not confirm or deny any rumours surrounding its work.". Similarly the line taken by the KDF was equally blunt - and largely echoed by ordinary warriors on the streets of First City: "Let those [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] build fancy new ships!" said one bekk (to the loud agreement of his squadmates) "They'll still be crewed by [UNTRANSLATABLE] and still go straight to [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] Gre'thor when we spit on them!". While the High Command's response was considerably politer, the tone and sentiment were much the same.

Regardless, the evidence that a new type of starship in under development seems incontrovertible and it remains to be seen what will happen when the ASDB finally decides to unveil it to the quadrant. It also remains to be seen what consequences there will be for security at the Utopia Planetia Fleet Yards, given that this is their second security breach in 24 hours. Images purporting to be of [REDACTED BY ORDER OF STARFLEET INTELLIGENCE] and the resemblance to the Sovereign and Odyssey classes is quite noticeable, in contrast to the radical lines of the 'Ghost of the Expanse'.

Is the 'Ghost' merely a major change in the ASDB's design philosophy - a Defiant for the 25th Century? Or is Starfleet fielding stealth cruisers despite the lessons of the Incursion? Time will tell...
    Blatant self-promotion: Producer of the Delta Rising Tribble Timewarp, Foundry Frolics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Yuzral
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    yuzral wrote: »
    True enough and I'll agree that Stormshade likely doesn't deserve the flak for the way this has been handled - unless of course (s)he made the decisions, in which case yes it is fully deserved.

That said, the way in which this has been handled strikes me as...less than optimal, even allowing for the fact that the decisions on how to handle this were probably snap decisions made by the 'Officer of the Watch' on duty. As I see it, there were three approaches once Cryptic realised that [REDACTED] had leaked onto the live servers.

1) Ignore the problem, hope nobody noticed and palm it off onto the day shift. Of course the odds of people not noticing a new ship type flying around are pretty much nil and the day shift's reaction isn't too hard to imagine: :eek:=>:mad:

2) Attempt to suppress the leak. Remove all direct reference to [REDACTED] on the boards and ask the major fansites to do the same on their boards. Shut down the Kahless Expanse (which is where most of the appearances of [REDACTED] are happening) and pass over to the day shift for an emergency patch to fix the problem. The problem with this is that not only is it doomed to fail (especially once the footage got onto YouTube *cough*) but breaking out the black marker on the boards stinks of indulging in censorship in a futile attempt to cover a fairly trivial mistake and save an unknown developers' blushes...at the price of irritating the community.

3) What I would have done: Stick a front page post up to the effect of "We're aware that [REDACTED] escaped the development server and made it onto Holodeck with the recent patch. This was unintentional and they will be removed shortly. In the meantime, enjoy the sneak peek...and please remember that [REDACTED] are in a very early development stage when you do so."

Then put something like this on the front page once the leak is plugged:

FEDERATION NEWS NETWORK
    UTOPIA PLANETIA SHIPYARDS, SOL SYSTEM; FIRST CITY, QO'ONOS; PALAIS DE LA CONCORDE, EARTH.

STARDATE 90251.75

Representatives of both the Federation and the Klingon Empire refused to be drawn on reports that have emerged over the last 24 hours of unknown ships sighted in the company of Starfleet Cruisers. The unknown ship type, described by witnesses as being 'roughly triangular', 'sleek' and 'like nothing I've ever seen before' were sighted in the Kahless Expanse by civilian trading vessels and reports have reached FNN of these ships exchanging fire with Klingon warships. The sheer number of reports and their consistency, including amateur sensor footage, led FNN to ask the Starfleet Advanced Starship Design Bureau if this was a prototype light cruiser and, if so, what the radical departure from traditional starship design implied for the fleet of 2420.

Perhaps predictably, the reply from the ASDB was curt: "The ASDB does not confirm or deny any rumours surrounding its work.". Similarly the line taken by the KDF was equally blunt - and largely echoed by ordinary warriors on the streets of First City: "Let those [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] build fancy new ships!" said one bekk (to the loud agreement of his squadmates) "They'll still be crewed by [UNTRANSLATABLE] and still go straight to [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] Gre'thor when we spit on them!". While the High Command's response was considerably politer, the tone and sentiment were much the same.

Regardless, the evidence that a new type of starship in under development seems incontrovertible and it remains to be seen what will happen when the ASDB finally decides to unveil it to the quadrant. It also remains to be seen what consequences there will be for security at the Utopia Planetia Fleet Yards, given that this is their second security breach in 24 hours. Images purporting to be of [REDACTED BY ORDER OF STARFLEET INTELLIGENCE] and the resemblance to the Sovereign and Odyssey classes is quite noticeable, in contrast to the radical lines of the 'Ghost of the Expanse'.

Is the 'Ghost' merely a major change in the ASDB's design philosophy - a Defiant for the 25th Century? Or is Starfleet fielding stealth cruisers despite the lessons of the Incursion? Time will tell...

Hire this man. His solution is far more elegant than the moderator wet-team which is currently at work...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Maybe the leak was intended. If it's censored, a rumor becomes far more interesting to tell to everyone and creates more desire about the hidden stuff. :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Maybe the leak was intended. If it's censored, a rumor becomes far more interesting to tell to everyone and creates more desire about the hidden stuff. :)

After several people get a verbal lashing it will be played off like oh we meant for that to happen so its working as intended... It's great when you fall down 300 flights of stairs and fall on your face and get up and say... I fell?
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    so much trouble because a ship that doesnt even look like federation..

what about finally developing a ship from star trek again? like the hyrogen, maquis, kazon,...
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I quite understand their reaction - they didn't get this twitchy when that uber-Romulan D'deridex slipped through the net.

As for [REDACTED] - the answer to a question that no-one asked. :mad:

Uber Romulan D'deridex?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    tebsu wrote: »
    so much trouble because a ship that doesnt even look like federation..

what about finally developing a ship from star trek again? like the hyrogen, maquis, kazon,...

Well it is Star Trek and Federation I would refer to the Series of Voyager... Saying anything other than that might annoy some powers to be plus some others have already spelled it out of what and where the ship comes from :)
  • Options
    ashman7286ashman7286 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There's video's on youtube showing it. I have screenshots and no doubt players have posted on their own fleets website about it. I can't see them deleting all that. Well done for trying Cryptic but the secrets out. Oh also we know there's an early version of the Vesta leaked too.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    ashman7286 wrote: »
    Oh also we know there's an early version of the Vesta leaked too.

Elaborate! Preferablly in PM format if its going to get deleted.
    7NGGeUP.png