test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Want to see what the devs are working on? Take a look!

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hoipoloi wrote: »
    I know this is a bit out there, but I thought for the 1000-day veteran ship.. why not the USS Dauntless, it does after all have two variants the dauntless (FED) and the alien version that was Arturis's (KDF) ship.

One ship two skins easy as pie....?

http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/dauntlessmain.html

Well there is only one variant of Arturis's ship, it was only the interior that was changed not the exterior. But still it would be awesome to have since the slipstream technology is from that ship and apparently in some future of star trek they use that design.

Also has anyone noticed that this thread is not Stuck like the others?
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    raj011 wrote: »

I think the thread got un-stickied after the person running it got caught in RL work. Still, the devs will hopefully keep it roughly up-to-date.

Playable Dauntless class? I'm in.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

See post #291 in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I wonder why ? :S
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I wonder why ? :S
    I puzzle about it too...

Live long and prosper.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    typhoncaltyphoncal Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hoipoloi wrote: »
    I know this is a bit out there, but I thought for the 1000-day veteran ship.. why not the USS Dauntless, it does after all have two variants the dauntless (FED) and the alien version that was Arturis's (KDF) ship.

One ship two skins easy as pie....?

http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/dauntlessmain.html

I had wondered if and when we could see this ship, so many great ships that they could draw on and put into this game and dont but we know it has to do with the lawyers for the IP.
    Commander Shran - You tell Archer, that is three the pink skin owes me!
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    1000 day veteran reward requires to work for BOTH KDF and Starfleet, do you think they would TRIBBLE over the KDF even more by NOT giving then a exclusive ship?

The KDF in the past, with the Captain's Yacht, got their own design. No reason to expect this will be different.

The Vesta, I don't think so. Too many people want it for them to not want to sell that on the Z-store. The Wells, again, I don't think so. Since Veteran awards are awarded to all characters on an account, to make the Wells one would probably make the ship too common in game for CBS to sign off on it as anything other than a single-character lockbox drop.

I have no clue what it will be, but not those. Best guess I've seen is the Ambassador, and a similar era ship for KDF. Though that too would be a good seller for the Z-store, the fact that they're old ships makes them a good choice for a veteran award.

I suppose it would be too much to hope for a ship that levels with your toon. Great for leveling more alts and selling more character slots. Would also be well suited for a veteran award, but then, I don't think the game has the tech for that.

Mash those last two up together, though, and you've got something totally awesome. I always hated when I'd barely fallen in love with my current ship, when boom, congratulations on your promotion captain! Go get a new ship. Chop chop. Sometimes I managed to hang on to my old ship for ten more levels, but you can't just ever really get settled in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    how often does this thread get updated? i'm really curious about what they team is working on but there is never anything other than what is already out, which is a shame because i really enjoyed the heyday of this one were i could check in and see all the cool new things coming down the line.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As was stated above, Darren is busy and so no-longer has time to keep up with updates. That's why the thread was unstickied and allowed to die. Updates are just posted in other threads now as someone comes across them.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    shrapne11shrapne11 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Evidently not very often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]