Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kuntel wrote: »
    Xi: Put her in a headlock, kick her feet out and fall with her, roll on top, then push and wrap your hands around the neck. Anything I missed perhaps?

*He leans against the ring.*

Tara A: The fact that me and her are even in a wrestling match? I can try, but she'll probably counter it before I get far...
  • Options
    kuntelkuntel Member Posts: 16,484 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Tara A: The fact that me and her are even in a wrestling match? I can try, but she'll probably counter it before I get far...

*He shakes his head.*

Xi: Can you offer a counter? I want to know how you'd get out if the positions were reversed.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    *He shakes his head.*

Xi: Can you offer a counter? I want to know how you'd get out if the positions were reversed.

Tara A: I'd slam her against the corner and slip out of the headlock before she had a chance to do the leg sweep.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Tara A: I'd slam her against the corner and slip out of the headlock before she had a chance to do the leg sweep.

Xi: Okay, now back to the original problem. How do you counter a tackle, other than a sweep?

*He chuckles.*

Xi: This is a genuine question. I don't wrestle, so...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Xi: Okay, now back to the original problem. How do you counter a tackle, other than a sweep?

*He chuckles.*

Xi: This is a genuine question. I don't wrestle, so...

Tara A: Hey, I'm a novice at this. When I get tackled, I usually just try to force my opponent down myself.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Tara A: Hey, I'm a novice at this. When I get tackled, I usually just try to force my opponent down myself.
    Xi: I would try to go limp, then on then try to get out on the ground. Though, I wouldn't have thrown a right hook....

*He chuckles.*

Xi: Anyway, that timer might go off soon soo... how about you, opponet girl, what do you think?
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    *Matt recognises it from historical files.*

Matt: O'Neill Cylinders...

Vornak: Indeed, but I think we all know the flaws in having a habitat specifically built to house sapient life.

Matt: Recycled, filtered air, for one. Planetary life has an element that station life doesn't - chaotic nature; air and water pollutants, changing weather patterns, seismic activity - these are things which have helped strengthen all forms of corporeal life.

Terry: Flaws yes.. but things to work out, as it not meant to be a permanent solution. But they are liveable..
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Terry: Flaws yes.. but things to work out, as it not meant to be a permanent solution. But they are liveable..

Matt: What about the materials to build them? It's easier to build small settlements on planets than it is to build a space station on this scale - even using a centrifugal method of gravity simulation.

Vornak: But it is a possibility. These will be to us what they were to your Great Britain after your Second World War. 'Prefabricated Houses' I believe you called them?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Xi: I would try to go limp, then on then try to get out on the ground. Though, I wouldn't have thrown a right hook....

*He chuckles.*

Xi: Anyway, that timer might go off soon soo... how about you, opponet girl, what do you think?

OOC: Considering they're coaching Tara, I don't think Clara would be listening, since that would be kinda unfair of her.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    OOC: Considering they're coaching Tara, I don't think Clara would be listening, since that would be kinda unfair of her.

OOC: Yes, well, let's jist say Xi picked up his voice with that question. And he was trained that you always gain a lesson from the enemy, and when it comes from practice, it'sbest to ask their opinion, and give them yours, so that you both learn. That question was more habit than genuine interest.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    OOC: Yes, well, let's jist say Xi picked up his voice with that question. And he was trained that you always gain a lesson from the enemy, and when it comes from practice, it'sbest to ask their opinion, and give them yours, so that you both learn. That question was more habit than genuine interest.

OOC: Fair enough...

*Clara looks up.*

Clara: Huh? Sorry, I wasn't listening.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    OOC: Fair enough...

*Clara looks up.*

Clara: Huh? Sorry, I wasn't listening.

Xi: What do you think? How would you get out of that tackle?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Xi: What do you think? How would you get out of that tackle?

Clara: This is an actual match, you know, not a sparring session. I'm not going to give her advice...

Except that she should quit while she still can.

*She smirks at Tara A, who just gets to her feet.*

Tara A: Oh, you are so on!

*She turns back to Sasha.*

Any last minute advice?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Matt: What about the materials to build them? It's easier to build small settlements on planets than it is to build a space station on this scale - even using a centrifugal method of gravity simulation.

Vornak: But it is a possibility. These will be to us what they were to your Great Britain after your Second World War. 'Prefabricated Houses' I believe you called them?

*OOC: Nothing on the cube...*

Terry: Exactly it.. Because the worlds already harvested do not have anything in the way of nourishment... The method of restoration and I mean full restoration will take thousands of years at the minimum.. even with our interference. Unless we have a working genesis device I don't see how small settlements will ever work.

The Borders are secure but only barely. They won't stay that way forever.. I see them breaking soon especially when this conflict gets worse.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Clara: This is an actual match, you know, not a sparring session. I'm not going to give her advice...

Except that she should quit while she still can.

*She smirks at Tara A, who just gets to her feet.*

Tara A: Oh, you are so on!

*She turns back to Sasha.*

Any last minute advice?

Xi, muttering: Life is a sparring match, my girl. You must learn from everything...

*He looks at Tara.*

Xi: I got nothing, other than try your best, and that makes me sound like your damn parent, so uh, just f*** her up then.

*He walks off and starts his routine.*
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    *OOC: Nothing on the cube...*

Terry: Exactly it.. Because the worlds already harvested do not have anything in the way of nourishment... The method of restoration and I mean full restoration will take thousands of years at the minimum.. even with our interference. Unless we have a working genesis device I don't see how small settlements will ever work.

The Borders are secure but only barely. They won't stay that way forever.. I see them breaking soon especially when this conflict gets worse.

*OOC: The O'Neill Cylinders kinda took over the conversation...*

Vornak: Which makes laying out a foundation for this new Confederation even more critical.

Matt: And, by extension, ending the civil war in the Republic.

*OOC: Also, nothing on the Tara A angle?*
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    *OOC: The O'Neill Cylinders kinda took over the conversation...*

Vornak: Which makes laying out a foundation for this new Confederation even more critical.

Matt: And, by extension, ending the civil war in the Republic.

*OOC: Also, nothing on the Tara A angle?*

Terry: Only way I see that happening is going on and getting this box open.

*OOC: Xi pretty much had it covered..*
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sasha: Go on Tara you have it..
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Terry: Only way I see that happening is going on and getting this box open.

*OOC: Xi pretty much had it covered..*

Vornak: I believe I was given one of those three months ago. It's aboard the D'tan right now. I'll have it brought over.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sasha: Go on Tara you have it..

Tara A: Thanks, Sash...

*Tara A tenses up as the chime rings again to signal round two. Tara decides that since it's a freestyle match, she'd better start using some freestyle moves - start actually laying on the beatdown.

She and Clara quickly smirk at each other as they crouch a little, before rushing each other. Tara A quickly flips over Clara's back, elbowing her in the spine upon landing and delivering consistent punches as Clara tries to recover, finally catching a punch and sending her fist slamming into Tara A's jaw with a loud grunt of rage before slamming another fist into her cheek.*

Tara A *thinking*: Block...

*Tara A blocks the next punch.*

Counter...

*She then blocks a follow-up with her shoulder, using the arm to slam her forearm into Clara's face.*

Break!

*She then pushes out of the hold, letting out a grunt as she shoves Clara back so hard that Clara has to catch herself on the ropes, before they both start circling again and get their guards up, both with cut lips.*

OOC: Feel free to have either of your characters give advise or support during these little breaks. ;)*
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Vornak: I believe I was given one of those three months ago. It's aboard the D'tan right now. I'll have it brought over.

Terry: *Terry looks back at the last conversation he had with his father.. an argument..* If I understand this thing's existence they are meant for certain people..

Yours is probably for you alone...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Tara A: Thanks, Sash...

*Tara A tenses up as the chime rings again to signal round two. Tara decides that since it's a freestyle match, she'd better start using some freestyle moves - start actually laying on the beatdown.

She and Clara quickly smirk at each other as they crouch a little, before rushing each other. Tara A quickly flips over Clara's back, elbowing her in the spine upon landing and delivering consistent punches as Clara tries to recover, finally catching a punch and sending her fist slamming into Tara A's jaw with a loud grunt of rage before slamming another fist into her cheek.*

Tara A *thinking*: Block...

*Tara A blocks the next punch.*

Counter...

*She then blocks a follow-up with her shoulder, using the arm to slam her forearm into Clara's face.*

Break!

*She then pushes out of the hold, letting out a grunt as she shoves Clara back so hard that Clara has to catch herself on the ropes, before they both start circling again and get their guards up, both with cut lips.*

OOC: Feel free to have either of your characters give advise or support during these little breaks. ;)*

Sasha: Good just keep that up..
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Terry: *Terry looks back at the last conversation he had with his father.. an argument..* If I understand this thing's existence they are meant for certain people..

Yours is probably for you alone...

*Vornak nods in agreement.*

Vornak: Then... perhaps that box is meant for you... alone.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sasha: Good just keep that up..

Tara A: Think I can take you now?

*Tara A smirks back at her, before quickly evading an attack by Clara and punching her in the side before the two dash back into circling each other.*
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    *Vornak nods in agreement.*

Vornak: Then... perhaps that box is meant for you... alone.

Wax: Not likely.. James made this one for the people still here... like the seal for myself and for Ramez and Sam.. The others are for Matt... and then you and Lexi have one...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Tara A: Think I can take you now?

*Tara A smirks back at her, before quickly evading an attack by Clara and punching her in the side before the two dash back into circling each other.*

Sasha: That depends.. on if I stay the same..
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Wax: Not likely.. James made this one for the people still here... like the seal for myself and for Ramez and Sam.. The others are for Matt... and then you and Lexi have one...

Matt *confused*: Me?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Matt *confused*: Me?

Wax: Yes.. Its like he knew what would happen.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sasha: That depends.. on if I stay the same..

Tara A: We'll have to find out when we get time, won't we?

*She and Clara start sending punches into each other, blocking each other as it quickly becomes a grappling match, with both of them grunting in anger as they push against each other hard, pushing each other's forehead against the other before Clara lets out a roar and pushes Tara A up against the ropes, getting an arm behind Tara's neck and one in front of it, trying to choke her out.

Tara A grabs hold of Clara's arms, using them as support as she lifts her legs up and kicks Clara in the face, landing in a crouch as Clara is pushed to the other side of the ring, dropping to a crouch as they circle each other again, panting lightly before lunging at each other, with Tara A getting the first punch in, knocking Clara to the side.

Clara quickly gets into a roll as Tara spins around, before punching Tara down, as she also rolls out of the way, quickly hooking an arm under Clara's knee and pulling her into a top mount, with Clara quickly locking into a body scissors, before Tara A grabs her legs and pushes them forwards into Clara's chest, as Clara strains, but before it can go any further, the chime sounds to end the round, as they both retreat to their corners, sitting down.*

Well?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Wax: Yes.. Its like he knew what would happen.

Matt: What do I do?