What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    Aiden: Hey, let's not start throwing jabs at each other again or we'll be here all day. *He whispers to Dani* Maybe suggest someone else for her to fight? That way you get to be the one dictating it, and she doesn't get to do whatever mentally unhealthy bulls*** she's planning on doing.

Dani *whispering*: That's exactly why she's after Mila - she doesn't want a fight: she wants to hurt her.

M Mila: So, what's it gonna be?

Dani: We're thinking it over.
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Research facility

Reddington: how long can we stay down here?

Hammond: given the situation and the resources here we have the ability to stay down here for years if needed. Even longer if it is required.

Jarya: do we have a way out or a way to contact the outside world?

Hammond: to escape? Maybe. Contact depends on if we can break through the Terrans jamming.

Reddington: well me and echo here can break that jamming. Devin and tzenteri should get started on whatever way off this place you have in store and Firefly should take someone to watch the entrance on the off chance the Terrans break through to this level.

They all nod as they go off to start their own tasks.

Meanwhile

Malek is in his quarters on the comm.

Malek: listen I know you don't have a reason to get involved in this right now. But I'm asking you to. I'll make sure you paid whatever you want

Q'ua: that still isn't a reason for me to risk me or my team to help you especially when you already have starfleet on the way.

Malek: I know but we both know starfleet isn't ready for a fight like this yet. It's going to take them some time to find their bearings and by the time they do it could be to late for. Please.

Q'ua: you are lucky I still love you.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Aiden: *He whispers* That other girl that was with you. The er, Ylon? What about her. She seemed friends with Mila from the little I saw of her. Think maybe this one would accept her instead of Mila as a fight?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    Aiden: *He whispers* That other girl that was with you. The er, Ylon? What about her. She seemed friends with Mila from the little I saw of her. Think maybe this one would accept her instead of Mila as a fight?

Dani *whispering*: Johanna. Maybe? It doesn't feel fair to ask her to do that...

M Tara *whispering*: You could order her.

Dani *whispering*: We don't order people to do things like that here. It's barbaric.

*M Tara looks at her a little darkly.*

M Tara *whispering*: Well, take it from a 'barbarian', you're going to need--

Dani: I didn't mean it like that, dammit!

*Whispering again.*

We don't... Court violence like the Empire does. Asking Jo to fight for our benefit feels... exploitative, and not in an acceptable 'military necessity' way.
  • Options
    ryan218 wrote: »

Dani *whispering*: Johanna. Maybe? It doesn't feel fair to ask her to do that...

Dani *whispering*: We don't order people to do things like that here. It's barbaric.

*Whispering again.*

We don't... Court violence like the Empire does. Asking Jo to fight for our benefit feels... exploitative, and not in an acceptable 'military necessity' way.

Aiden: *whispering* If you explained she would be doing it to help Mila out, would she agree? I know as her commander there would be pressure, but if she genuinely would are you really exploiting her?
  • Options
    ONI/Terran facility

gaz: this is the latest update sir. The facility is almost under our full control and they have started looking for the files you requested. But starfleet is on approach.

Tywin: that is unexpected. I didn't think they would have the spine to move and attack in a spot that isn't under their direct control. Very well according to this they are 5 hours away. I'll have 8 more ships there within 2 hours. Tywin out.

Halsey: the federation is up to something. They never respond this quickly to something outside of their own borders.

Tywin: clever.

Halsey looks at him questioningly

Tywin: this can only mean one thing. Whoever is in command of that federation attack fleet did not clear it with command first. They are acting on a hunch that they would be supported.

He looks over the star chart again.

Tywin: good I'm glad to see some officers here have the balls to think for themselves. That should make this whole affair a much more interesting thing to be a part of.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options

*Whispering again.*

Aiden: *whispering* If you explained she would be doing it to help Mila out, would she agree? I know as her commander there would be pressure, but if she genuinely would are you really exploiting her?

*Dani sighs, thinking about it for a moment. She considers that she might be trying to protect Johanna the same way she sometimes tries to protect Mila - that is, until Mila notices and calls her out on it. Maybe she's even trying to protect Mila by proxy with Jo.

She closes her eyes and her expression visibly hardens slightly. She turns back to M Mila.*

Dani: I won't give you Mila, but I can ask Ensign Strauss instead. Would you accept that?

M Mila: Hm, would I accept hurting Mila's girlfriend over Mila herself? Y'know, that might actually be better.

*Dani suppresses the urge to scowl with disgust.*

Dani: But on my terms. You tell us how to contact your 'mother'. Once we have contact with her, then we keep up our end, not before.

M Mila: What, don't you trust me?

Dani: I'm not going to dignify that with a response.
  • Options

*Whispering again.*

*Dani sighs, thinking about it for a moment. She considers that she might be trying to protect Johanna the same way she sometimes tries to protect Mila - that is, until Mila notices and calls her out on it. Maybe she's even trying to protect Mila by proxy with Jo.

She closes her eyes and her expression visibly hardens slightly. She turns back to M Mila.*

Dani: I won't give you Mila, but I can ask Ensign Strauss instead. Would you accept that?

M Mila: Hm, would I accept hurting Mila's girlfriend over Mila herself? Y'know, that might actually be better.

Dani: But on my terms. You tell us how to contact your 'mother'. Once we have contact with her, then we keep up our end, not before.

Aiden: *Speaking to M Mila* You know you can trust Dani to follow through.
  • Options

*Whispering again.*

Aiden: *Speaking to M Mila* You know you can trust Dani to follow through.

M Mila: Okay, I'll take it.

Dani: Good. So...

M Mila: Hold up. Go check she's actually on board with this first. I'm not going to give up my side just for you to drop the ball on a technicality.

*Dani glares at her lightly for a moment before tapping her combadge.*

Dani: Captain Allen to Ensign Strauss.

*Meanwhile, Mila and Johanna have walked Cassi back to her Quarters and are sitting with her.*

Cassi: Thanks... For coming after me.

Mila: Don't mention it. *Smirks*. To anyone. It's bad enough that Jo thinks I actually like you.

Cassi: Brat.
  • Options
    Kiba: alright run it through again. We have 1 hour left to get this right.

His teams nod as they begin the simulation over again. Ayet'Sev walks into the holodeck as Kiba walks towards him.

Kiba: admiral what can I do for you.

Ayet'Sev: I figured I'd come see how things where going down here.

Kiba: they will be ready.

Ayet'Sev: good cause our mission has gotten harder. The Terrans have received reinforcements in space. This isn't going to be as easy to get you and your team down on the ground as we thought.

Kiba: what if we deployed via shuttles.

Ayet'Sev: that could be almost as dangerous as trying to get an opening to beam you down.

Kiba: not with the pilots we have available. Besides we could then land outside the facility to fight our way in instead of beaming in and having to fight through it.

Ayet'Sev: if you think you can pull it off then you have a go.
  • Options
    Johanna: And here I was thinking I was gonna need to bake a cake to celebrate you two making up. *she smiles but gets cut off by her combadge. She taps it looking a bit surprised* This is Ensign Strauss, what can I do for you Captain?
  • Options
    Research facility

Reddington is alone with Jasper in a side room.

Reddington: I know this isn't going like you expected. Trust me I do intend to keep my word and get us all out of here.

Jasper: how do you plan to do that? We are stuck here.

Reddington: it's not what you know it's who. One of two things will happen. Either my team will slip in and get us out or they will call in the calvary. I expect the later will be the case.

Meanwhile in orbit

The Terran ships are sitting there waiting for the federation task for to get there. Suddenly 3 ruptures open and ships quickly attack and destroy the Terrans in orbit. Beaming the survivors up to them before disappearing as quickly as they appeared.

Aboard one of the ships.

Reddington: well this was not what I had in mind.

They turn as a figure enters the room.

Obitio: welcome aboard. I'm sorry for the rather sudden extraction but the longer we operate unknown the better. Once we talk we will get you to your ship.

Reddington: and who exactly are you people.

Obitio steps aside as another one walks in clearly dressed as someone in command.

Tarnek: I am Admiral Tarnek of the United Coalition. The authority ONI should be operating under not as its own entity.

Jasper: your from Virgo galaxy aren't you?

Tarnek: correct. A small group in ONI has remained loyal and told us about the operation with the Terrans. We decided it was time to rein them in. But we only have one way here so we need to work on the shadows until we can know we can take and deal with them.

Reddington: well that is going to take longer now that the facility was destroyed.

Hammond: indeed the data was saved but all physical aspects of it are gone now.

Tarnek: I don't know how helpful we can be there but feel.free to see what our database has. We have science teams here that can help if needed as well.

Reddington: one question admiral. Why? Or more importantly why now.

Tarnek: because this type of activity and alliance is unsanctioned. If we had a more then one way to get here we would deal with them completely. But as is we can't yet. We only have a small number of ships here and it still takes time to travel back and forth.

Reddington: I know you need to be kept a secret but when we return we need to let the Federation and Republic know your here. They are both going to need to know a third party is here to help as well.
  • Options
    Johanna: And here I was thinking I was gonna need to bake a cake to celebrate you two making up. *she smiles but gets cut off by her combadge. She taps it looking a bit surprised* This is Ensign Strauss, what can I do for you Captain?

Dani: Could you come back to the Brig for a moment?
  • Options
    Ayet'Sev is on the bridge as the ships drop out of warp.

Ayet'Sev: where are the Terran ships? What happened here?

Ensign: I'm picking up the wreckage of the Terran vessels sir. Alot of damage to the facility as well. No life signs anywhere.

Ayet'Sev: can you figure out who did this?

Ensign: trying to get an answer now. Sir we have an incoming transmission.

Malek appears on the view screen.

Ayet'Sev: we are trying to figure out what happened.

Malek: I don't like this. No one else would have made a move this fast.

Ayet'Sev: not anyone we know at least. Why dont I send a team to the surface and you can join them and see if you can figure it out from there.

Malek nods as the channel closes.

Ayet'Sev: Colonel Kiba prep your team for transport.
  • Options
    Malek and Kiba and his team are walking through the facility that is empty now but a total wreck.

Kiba: I'm not picking up any life signs down here.

Malek: no whatever hit this place killed everyone here.

Aboard Reddingtons ships Reddington and the others appear.

Katashi: what happened to you guys everyone is worried sick.

Samito sends a message to the ground teams they had appeared.

Reddington: oh just the normal avoiding utter death and destruction. Get these people to the med bay they could use a good look over. I need to talk to the starfleet commander here after I have a good long drink.

Katashi: I'll signal him.

Reddington nods as he walks to the galley while the others are directed to the med bay.
  • Options

Johanna: Of course Captain. I'll be there shortly. *She gives Mila a sort of "Wonder what she wants look" before waving to them and starting to head back the way they came*
  • Options
    Reddington is soon in a nice state room on the ship as Ayet'Sev beams over.

Reddington: would you like a drink admiral? Saurian brandy maybe?

Ayet'Sev: no thank you. So you know what happened here?

Reddington: indeed I do. Another player is on the field. One that is willing to take control of the situation if we can buy them some more time. Don't worry they don't want a conflict with you or the Republic. They simply want to bring an outlying part of their colonies to heel.

Ayet'Sev: that's good to hear but what do they want us to do?

Reddington: that's days keep.the Terrans contained and occupied till they have enough forces here to strike at them directly.
  • Options

Johanna: Of course Captain. I'll be there shortly. *She gives Mila a sort of "Wonder what she wants look" before waving to them and starting to head back the way they came*

*When she gets to the Brig, Dani is waiting for her just out of earshot of M Mila's cell.*

Dani: How's Cassi?
  • Options
    Johanna: *she rubs the back of her neck* Cassi was doing pretty rough there. But Mila managed to calm her down and cheer her up. I think she knew exactly what needed to be done. You might want to check on her late though... I think she could use the support, um Captain.
  • Options
    Johanna: *she rubs the back of her neck* Cassi was doing pretty rough there. But Mila managed to calm her down and cheer her up. I think she knew exactly what needed to be done. You might want to check on her late though... I think she could use the support, um Captain.

*Dani nods thoughtfully.*

Dani: I will. Thank you.

I'm afraid I have a favour to ask you...
  • Options
    After having spoken to the admiral and him having returned to his ship

Reddington: well now that we have the current business taken care of time to get back to the work at hand. We need to make sure our other operations are still running smoothly.

Malek: understood. Where to first?

Reddington: vanguard station should do nicely. We have a few operations there we should check in on.
  • Options
    Vanguard Station.
    A large trade station and private station in a small pocket of unaligned space.

Reddington walks down a large corridor along with Malek and Samito.

Samito: this place is huge!

Reddington: after our meeting I'll show you the promenade. The largest one on any station.

They enter a large office where two guards stand by an inner door and an Orion sits at a desk.

Aide: may I help you?

Reddington: yes please tell your boss his boss is here to see him.

As the aide starts to tap a control the door opens.

Tar Katan: come in please

They all enter the office as the doors close.

Tar Katan: I must say I was pleased to hear you would be in the area. I was worried you wouldn't be by to pick up your supplies.

Reddington: oh don't play nice. You hoped I wouldn't show up so you could keep them

Tar Katan: well can you blame me.

Reddington: no I suppose I can't. Listen I'm going to need the access of your station for a small amount of time. I need a top of the line lab and quarters for about 10 people. The works.

Tar Katan: with the current state of the area that isn't an easy.....

Reddington: in exchange you can keep what I was going to be due from my operations here

Tar Katan: really. All of it.

Reddington: yes all of it.

Tar Katan: feel free to browse the promenade while I see to your request. I'll have your ship serviced as well.

Reddington: I knew I could count on you.

He smiles as they leave.

Samito: how much did he owe you?

Reddington: he just made 500000 bars of gold pressed latinum as well as about 1 million worth of precious stones and some miss match of drugs and counterband.

Malek: all that would have come in handy.

Reddington: oh relax. The way things are going we will make that in a few weeks from other operations.
  • Options
    Johanna: What kind of favor? Mila wasn't planning to go anywhere dangerous again... yet.
  • Options
    Johanna: What kind of favor? Mila wasn't planning to go anywhere dangerous again... yet.

*OOC: I love the fact it's just become an in-joke how Johanna 'has to babysit' Mila every time she goes somewhere to stop her doing anything stupid. (Mila: It was one time!) :D *

Dani: Give it time.

It's actually about the Prisoner. She's agreed to give us a way to contact her mother, but there's a catch...

She wants to fight you. And she wants your agreement to it before she'll give us anything.
  • Options
    The group is in the lounge area sitting.

Reddington: well we can set up shop here for the time being. It gives us a more secure location. And good defense if the terrains should come to call again.

Malek: that being the case. I want firefly to remain with you at all times and echo with the research team.

Samito: is something wrong?

Malek: this place while a good working point isn't secure as we may like. There are plenty of people in this galaxy who would love to get at Reddington or even the research team if the terrains put a bounty out.

Katashi: agreed. It's the best course since we can't all be together all the time.

Reddington: oh all right. In the mean time. I'm taking Samito and I guess firefly out to the promenade to enjoy the town. I told you I would so I will.

He gets up and smiles as Samito gets up to follow as Firefly was already standing by the door.
  • Options
    ONI facility

Typing is standing in a control room with a large hole map of the quadrant.

Gaz: sir we have almost all the ships you wanted here but unrest and rumors are starting in the empire. The marshal there is requesting a few of those ships remain.

Tywin: very well let those ships remain. We have more then enough to deal with things here.

Gaz nods as he salutes and leaves.

Tywin: tell me. That research station that we went to stop who do you think destroyed those ships?

Halsey: not republic or federation I can say that. Though I am surprised the federation sent ships to help.

She is looking at a padd with the data recovered by a prowler.

Halsey: that can't be right.

Tywin: what is it.

Halsey: the residue energy signature and scans. Those are similar to ours but more refined. The UGC doesn't have ships here. They are stuck in Virgo galaxy.

Tywin: it seems they may not be as contained as you believed. Find out. I don't want any more surprises from this reality or my original one.
  • Options

*OOC: I love the fact it's just become an in-joke how Johanna 'has to babysit' Mila every time she goes somewhere to stop her doing anything stupid. (Mila: It was one time!) :D *

It's actually about the Prisoner. She's agreed to give us a way to contact her mother, but there's a catch...

She wants to fight you. And she wants your agreement to it before she'll give us anything.

OoC: She really likes teasing about it when she gets a chance.

Johanna: Why does she want to fight me? Is it because of Mila? *She thinks for a moment and sighs* What kind of fighter is she? I get the feeling she plays dirty...
  • Options
    At a club on the promenade

Reddington gives samito a small bag of money.

Reddington: go on and have fun. On the off chance you blow all that money come find me and I'll give you some more.

He chuckles at the look of excitement samito has as he heads off. Meanwhile he and Firefly walk over to a table where they begin playing cards. As an older figure joins them. After a moment Reddington recognizes them.

Reddington: well I must admit I didn't expect t to see you here.

Denzo: no I suspect not. Like you though this location is an useful place to run operations.

Reddington: indeed it is. That being said I must ask are you working with these new terrans?

Denzo: no. Like you my organization is working to get rid of them as well.

Reddington: well there is some good news at least.

As they begin playing the game.

Denzo: but I must warn you. Yeshiva is working with the terrans and knows your here as well. She will be looking for an opportunity to eliminate you. She has wanted your operation for some time and may see this current state of unrest and her recent alliance with the terrans as her chance to strike.

Reddington: and how may I ask do you know so much about this?

Denzo: it's my job. That and she approached me asking for my aide.

Reddington gives a nod as he takes a drink. Thinking for a moment.

Reddington: where is she operating from on the station.

Denzo is silent a moment thinking.

Denzo: she operates out of Club 97 on level 3.

Reddington: well then it sounds like it's time to send a message and let her know I am still very much in control of my operation.

Denzo: don't do anything hasty. I warn you about her so you won't get into a fight if avoidable. Not so you can go start one.

Reddington: I won't go to cause a fight simply to make sure she knows to stay in her lane. Besides my friend here can handle any punk she may have that gets the wrong idea about me.
  • Options

OoC: She really likes teasing about it when she gets a chance.

Johanna: Why does she want to fight me? Is it because of Mila? *She thinks for a moment and sighs* What kind of fighter is she? I get the feeling she plays dirty...

*OOC: She has seen her fight Mila (when Mila captured her) and yes, she very much does fight dirty. *

Dani: That's my guess.

*She sighs and looks at Johanna honestly.*

I won't order you to do this. I find this entire idea, frankly, offensive. If we didn't need to contact my counterpart, I wouldn't have even considered it.

*She sighs again, guiltily.*

And... The truth is, she's only asking for you because I immediately shot her down when she demanded to fight Mila.

*OOC: Dani does have a bit of a tendency to protect Mila (obviously - she's her mother). Mila's actually given her hell for this at least twice: the very first conversation they had when Mila joined the crew was Mila making Dani agree to treat her as any other crewman. She even refuses to call Dani by anything other than her rank or 'sir' unless they're in private.

Admittedly, that's partly because when she was in Starfleet, Mila got a lot of favouritism (intentional or not) because Terry was her father - it was part of the reason she transferred to the Republic in the first place.

Dani understands this, so she feels a little guilty when she lets her maternal instincts get ahead of her - especially since in this case, it's meant offering up another member of the crew in Mila's place.

And, yeah, Mila is going to tear Dani a new one when she finds out! *
  • Options
    Reddington finds Samito playing at a table.

Reddington: well looks like your doing pretty well. Listen I have something that came up. You stay here and enjoy yourself. My friend Denzo here will be here if you need help.

Denzo nods as Reddington signals Firefly and they walk out

Firefly: this is risky.

Reddington: in my like of work risk is part of the game. Besides the two of us can handle it.

A few moments later they walk into a much larger and much more high end type casino. He quickly spots her.

Yeshiva: well it seems you made my life easier by coming to me.

Reddington: aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves my dear. You assume I've come to give in to whatever you plan to demand. It's quite the opposite. I'm here to remind you I'm the king of this hill.

He watches as most the people silently are escorted out and a small group of thugs has gathered around them.

Yeshiva: you also don't seem to have gotten the memo that I've taken that title from you now I simply can make it official.

As the ones around draw their weapons Firefly quickly draws his. Yeshiva walks to a lift

Yeshiva: try not to cause to much damage to my stuff.

She smiles as she disappears.

Firefly: well that went well.

Reddington: oh it definitely did. I got all I needed out of her.

As the thugs around them get ready to attack a shot takes out the closest one and faster then anyone would have been able to realize the battle is over.

Reddington: seems we had some help.

A man drops from a higher level wearing a jacket with fur some bdu type pants and boots He has a mastiff with him as well his rifle.

Reddington: I'm assuming Denzo sent you to watch her.

Kova: indeed. Glad I did to. Looked like you guys could use a hand.

Firefly: may I ask who you are?

Kova: the names Kova. Tracker and combat specialist for our friend Denzo and the Circle. He had me watching Yeshiva. Then you guys showed up. We shouldn't stick around long.

Reddington: quite right lets go back to your boss then talk aboard my ship so we can have a little privacy.