test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Zayne is walking through the streets of the city as he grabs a few items before heading back toward the room he is staying at before going back to his ship.

Zayne: any news for me today?

Woman: nope everything is quite for you today. Enjoy it.

Zayne: don’t worry I plan to.

He heads to his room checking his padd when he gets there to check the status of his ship.

Zayne: ah good they will be done with updates and repairs tomorrow and cargo should be loaded tonight. Well nothing to do now but relax and enjoy a short break.

He takes out a bottle of ale and walks over to the replicator getting some food as he then sits down and turns on the news feed.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    Johanna: Cassi, I'm sure she's trying to get inside your head. *she puts a hand on her shoulder* Listen, how about I help you look into whatever she was talking about? I get the feeling its going to drive you crazy if you don't find out more.

What kind of images did she make you sort of remember?

Tsuki: *she gives Karen a look* Oh am I now? Want me to show you I'm not up, up close? *she cartoonists waves a fist at Karen while giggling*

Cassi: She... I was on a medical slab, surrounded by people in black masks - doctors, I think. One of them tried to sedate me: I grabbed a laser scalpel and slit his throat. Another came towards me. I grabbed her head and smashed her skull open on the slab. The other two didn't even get that far: I snapped their necks on my way out.

*She describes it in non-emotional terms, disturbing even to herself. She closes her eyes for a moment as she pushes the memories back down.*

She described it almost exactly as I remember it.

*Tora Ziyal. Karen gets in Tsuki's face, smirking as she puts a hand on her hip.*

Karen *taunting*: Bring it!
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,276 Arc User
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Johanna: Cassi, I'm sure she's trying to get inside your head. *she puts a hand on her shoulder* Listen, how about I help you look into whatever she was talking about? I get the feeling its going to drive you crazy if you don't find out more.

Tsuki: *she gives Karen a look* Oh am I now? Want me to show you I'm not up, up close? *she cartoonists waves a fist at Karen while giggling*

Cassi: She... I was on a medical slab, surrounded by people in black masks - doctors, I think. One of them tried to sedate me: I grabbed a laser scalpel and slit his throat. Another came towards me. I grabbed her head and smashed her skull open on the slab. The other two didn't even get that far: I snapped their necks on my way out.

*She describes it in non-emotional terms, disturbing even to herself. She closes her eyes for a moment as she pushes the memories back down.*

*Tora Ziyal. Karen gets in Tsuki's face, smirking as she puts a hand on her hip.*

Johanna: Hmmm... *she looks thoughtful, pulling Cassi into a hug and rubbing her back* Do you think this is what happened after that cave in?

Tsuki: Alright, if you're asking for it. *She sticks her tongue out* Lets go. *She leads the way over to the ring*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.

Johanna: Hmmm... *she looks thoughtful, pulling Cassi into a hug and rubbing her back* Do you think this is what happened after that cave in?

Tsuki: Alright, if you're asking for it. *She sticks her tongue out* Lets go. *She leads the way over to the ring*

*Cassi nods.

Tora Ziyal. Karen follows, stepping into the ring and smirking as she gets into a stance.*
    Conus IV current location of UNSC Highcomm, Fleetcomm, and UIG.

Harper is looking over the current deployment of UNSC assets over the area and current hot zones with the insurrection.

Harper: I want battle group Villa redeployed to sector 5 and battle group echo sent to sector 7.

Tech: aye sir.

Harper: do we have any news from any intel inside the lithos expanse?

Silent Winter ( fleetcomm super AI): no admiral we have yet to hear back from any ONI prowler that has entered that area. Current status is unknown. I could deploy a probe and see if it picks up anything.

Harper: no let’s give them more time. If they are running dark it will be a while before they make contact.

He turns looking at the screen again.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."

*Cassi nods.

Tora Ziyal. Karen follows, stepping into the ring and smirking as she gets into a stance.*

Johanna: Do you want to keep this between us? Or can I ask for some help? I feel like I've heard something similar to what you described somewhere before... but I don't know where... *She starts to think, something drawing her thoughts towards Mila's other family, Tara and them have had a lot of history with the Archangels and things like them, she decides that they would be one of the best to talk to.*

*Tsuki takes moment before readying her stance, then rushes Karen, trying to keep her on her toes with fast but weak hits.*
    Halsey walks into the mess hall of the facility grabbing a tray of food and another mug. She sits down at a table in the corner reading a padd as she slowly eats paying little attention to what she is even eating. She pauses as a group of the children are brought in after training and given food and water and sit down in the opposite end of the mess. She gets up walking towards the group.

Halsey: and how goes training today for our young cadets?

Trainer: very well ma’am. They have all done exceptionally well today. So we are treating them to a early break and some down time.

Halsey: very good I’m glad to hear it.

She smiles as she gets ready to turn away.

Child: ma’am

Halsey turns

Halsey: yes

Child: we had a question. We know we are training to help protect people and stop the bad guys but why are we here.

Halsey kneels down next to the young girl looking at the entire group as she speaks.

Halsey: you all where chosen because you are special. You are the best of us and the pinnacle of evolution. You will be trained as well as we can train you then given augmentations or changes to your body to make you even faster and stronger. Then you will receive the finale tools I can give you to protect our way of life. You will be the greatest we can make you. Then the duty will fall on you to achieve that greatness.

Child: I still don’t fully understand.

Halsey smiles as she stands up

Halsey: you will in time. For now you best enjoy your treat and enjoy the rest of the day to relax like your instructors have said. We will talk more about it soon.

The child nods going back to her food as the others seem happy with her answer for now as well. Halsey watch’s them all for a minute before leaving the mess.

*Cassi nods.

Johanna: Do you want to keep this between us? Or can I ask for some help? I feel like I've heard something similar to what you described somewhere before... but I don't know where... *She starts to think, something drawing her thoughts towards Mila's other family, Tara and them have had a lot of history with the Archangels and things like them, she decides that they would be one of the best to talk to.*

*Tsuki takes moment before readying her stance, then rushes Karen, trying to keep her on her toes with fast but weak hits.*

Cassi: Honestly? For now I'd rather keep this between us.

*Tora Ziyal. Karen blocks the hits before trying to catch Tsuki's arm and toss her against the ropes.*
    The Ardent Prayer a modified and heavily specialized freighter.

Zayne walks into the engine room where he hears a bang and then a slew of curses.

Zayne: I need to know that those engines are going to work before we leave orbit please.

Kaz: yeah yeah don’t get your shorts in a bunch. I’ll have them ready to go in about an hour. What’s so important about this run anyway? And why not use slipstream instead of slipspace you knn no one I don’t like these slipspace engines.

Zayne: because our cargo is a load of tiborioum crystal and ONI will be paying 4.5 million credits if we deliver on time. Besides you know as well as I do that slipspace is safer in unsc space right now. It’s harder to track a vessel in slipspace then one at warp or anything similar.

Kaz: yeah yeah. Alright I’ll have the engines ready to go soon.

Zayne: alright if you need anything specific let me know.

As zayne leaves he can hear the young romulan mumble under his breath

Kaz: if you need anything let me know yeah like that would happen.

Zayne makes his way to the bridge making his way up there only one person is there

Talian: so you decide to join us again

She smiles teasingly at him

Zayne: are we ready to go once Kaz gives us a green light?

Talian: yes I’ve re armed our security droids so we will be ready if they try anything.

Zayne: good I’d rather be prepared then caught by surprise.
    Johanna: Alright, I can do that. I have some ideas on where to start looking into things. I don't think this is the first time people on your family have potentially been caught or involved with shady organizations in some way.

*Tsuki is caught off guard but she tries to hold on and use the momentum to slam Karen into the ropes alongside her.*
    Osman walks into her small apartment turning on the news feed as she sets some items down before grabbing a padd and starting to scroll through.

Osman: any new updates?

Atlas: none yet. Zaynes freighter still hasn’t left yet. Most recent news is the UNSC army stopped an attempted attack on Tryco colony.

Osman: a pretty quiet day then. Well I can’t complain about that to much I suppose.
    Johanna: Alright, I can do that. I have some ideas on where to start looking into things. I don't think this is the first time people on your family have potentially been caught or involved with shady organizations in some way.

*Tsuki is caught off guard but she tries to hold on and use the momentum to slam Karen into the ropes alongside her.*

Cassi: Thanks.

*Tora Ziyal. She succeeds, Karen trying to twist around and grapple with Tsuki to press her against the ropes.*
    Osman walks through the lower levels of the city entering a large cantina full or people either drinking gambling or enjoying the shows and music. She makes her way to a separate area where a guard stops here.

Guard: what do you think your doing?

Osman: I have an appointment with your boss.

Guard: yeah you and every other……

Before he can finish his wrist terminal lights up as he looks at it.

Guard: fine your clear to go.

Osman let’s a small grin cross her face as she enters. This area has a large window looking into the main bar while it has its own bar area and games and entertainment. She walks over to a figure sitting down at a table watching it all.

Osman: so you said you had something for me.

Walon Vau: indeed I do. First sit have a drink.

Osman takes a seat at the table as a woman brings her a drink.

Osman: so

Walon: down to business I see as always. Very well. What do you know of the recent underground happenings here in the republic capital

Osman: well I know enough that drug problems are rising and that makes me think someone has or is trying to move on your turf.

Walon: indeed they are. Which is where it comes to our mutual beneficial agreement I want to propose. My men are spread thin trying to deal with this new gang or syndicate. The local authorities are out of their league in dealing with it as well.

Osman: so you want me to look into it?

Walon: you help me deal with them I’ll help you find the info you have been looking for in unsc space.

Osman: well word travels around doesn’t it.

Walon: well you aren’t really very subtle about what you’ve been doing. We can both help each other out here. You get your info I can bring order again to the underworld element here in republic space.

Osman takes a drink as she thinks.

Osman: let me think about it. I’ll do some digging see if it’s something I can help with or not.

Walon: by all means. Just know the longer it takes us to deal with this the more people are at risk of their drugs and murder as well. I’d like to deal with this before the entire underworld is turned into a war zone.

Osman: don’t worry I’ll let you know in a few days tops.

Walon: well then that works for me.

He takes a drink as he sits back

Walon: feel free to enjoy the shows or play a game at the tables.

Osman: I appreciate your hospitality
    Johanna: *When they part ways, she starts thinking, trying to figure out how she's going to look into this. Information on what the Tara's went through would be helpful but... she's pretty sure it wouldn't be publicly available. Asking them would mean she might wind up revealing what Cassi went through and she doesn't want that...*

*Karen is able to get her tight against the ropes, Tsuki not having much opportunity to wiggle free from the pressure as she grunts*
    Johanna: *When they part ways, she starts thinking, trying to figure out how she's going to look into this. Information on what the Tara's went through would be helpful but... she's pretty sure it wouldn't be publicly available. Asking them would mean she might wind up revealing what Cassi went through and she doesn't want that...*

*Karen is able to get her tight against the ropes, Tsuki not having much opportunity to wiggle free from the pressure as she grunts*

Karen: This all you got?
    Tsuki: You think it is? You gotta work on youd awareness! *she moves to try and trip Karen, forcing her to the ground*
    Tsuki: You think it is? You gotta work on youd awareness! *she moves to try and trip Karen, forcing her to the ground*

*She succeeds, Karen trying to lock a close guard.*
    As he sits watching the scene below

Guard: sir he is here to see you now.

Walon: send him in.

A moment later a older man walks in dressed extremely well as he sits across from Walon

Davik: so has she agreed to deal with it?

Walon: not yet but I’m confident she will. 10 people where killed today in a shoot out in the lower levels. That should help push her along. I want her to deal with it before the authorities come in blasting everything and making a mess.

Davik: we both know how that would hurt business as well. We need stability. This new syndicate is a danger.

Walon: on that my friend we are agreed.

He takes a drink from a servant as Davik does the same.

Walon: my sources say they are operating from inside federation space most likely. Hence why we are having a harder time locating them.

Davik: agreed. I’ve spoken with my contact in ONI and they aren’t in UNSC space yet. At least not in my area. But with the rebels there they could be getting support from them.

Walon: well what is for sure is they are a risk. One that needs to be dealt with soon.

A side door opens as Orion walks in taking his helmet off as he approaches.

Walon: ah I trust you have some info for me?

Orion: the ones killed in the shoot out where all civilians. None of them had any gang or syndicate connects. I checked them all before local security got there.

Walon: odd. I need order brought back to my streets. If the local security can’t handle I’ll send you and my enforces out there in mass if I have to.

Davik: we both know that would be seen as an act of war by this other syndicate.

Walon: as far as I’m concerned they have already declared war.

The three turn as a ruckus can be heard down below in the main hall area as they go to look a large explosion goes off ripping through the building. It takes a few moments but Orion comes to first putting his helmet back on as he looks around finding Walon and Davik under some rubble. As a few guards rush he jumps into action.

Orion: get them out of here and to his estate. Send a call to gather all his troops as well.

Guard: yes sir!

As Orion sweeps the area rifle in hand he notices someone by rhe main door that leaves as soon as he spots them. Orion jumps down to the main floor rushing out to chase them.
    *Karen gets the guard up but Tsuki just tries to lift her up with the guard and slam her down.*
    *Karen gets the guard up but Tsuki just tries to lift her up with the guard and slam her down.*

*Karen grunts as she lands, trying to keep Tsuki wrapped up, but Tsuki is starting to get free. Karen tries to throw a few jabs into Tsuki's side.*

*Karen grunts as she lands, trying to keep Tsuki wrapped up, but Tsuki is starting to get free. Karen tries to throw a few jabs into Tsuki's side.*

*Tsuki takes the opportunity to headbut Karen, hoping to break her guard as she takes the jabs*

*Tsuki takes the opportunity to headbut Karen, hoping to break her guard as she takes the jabs*

*She succeeds.*
    *Tsuki uses the opportunity to back off, taking on a looser stance*

Tsuki: You know, we could spice things up a little. *She waits for Karen to get up, watching closely*
    *Tsuki uses the opportunity to back off, taking on a looser stance*

Tsuki: You know, we could spice things up a little. *She waits for Karen to get up, watching closely*

*Karen does so, putting up her guard.*

Karen: I'm listening.
    Osman soon arrives on the scene of the explosion as it's been mostly cleared up as local security is delaying with it. She turns as Orion walks up to her nodding toward a vacant ally.

Osman: what happened?

Orion: whoever this new cartel or syndicate is decided they needed to try to make a statement it seems.

Osman: how bad was it?

Orion: 35 killed over 100 wounded. This isn't going to be able to stay out of the news.

Osman: where is Vau?

Orion: I have him safe at his estate. It's on lock down so they would need a small fleet of republic ships to break into it.

Osman: I had atlas start looking to try to find out who was behind this. Do think that pushed them to attack?

Orion: I don't know. I chased after one of them. An Orion but he killed himself when I cornered him.

Osman: ok. I'll reach out to my contacts that I still have at RNI. See what we can find out.

Orion: I'd like you to head to Vaus estate and work from them. I'd feel safer not having to worry about your safety and his.

Osman gives him a slight smile as she pats her side.

Osman: don't worry I'm always prepared. Besides I can work better being mobile.

Orion: fine just be careful.
    Tsuki: Want to make a bet?

*she raises an eyebrow* Something like... avoid something specific, or try and pull something off a bit crazy.

*she gets closer with her guard up but doesn't make any attacks*

*she raises an eyebrow* Something like... avoid something specific, or try and pull something off a bit crazy.

*Karen smirks and does the same, sidestepping to start circling Tsuki.*

Karen: You're on, sister.

Tsuki: Alright, then... *She takes a moment to think* I bet you, that you can't get me into an armbar before I win. *She smirks, circling as well* If I win before you can do that, then you have to do something for me. If you manage it you can make me do something.

OoC: Sorry for being so slow, 2022 has been very busy for me so far.

Tsuki: Alright, then... *She takes a moment to think* I bet you, that you can't get me into an armbar before I win. *She smirks, circling as well* If I win before you can do that, then you have to do something for me. If you manage it you can make me do something.

OoC: Sorry for being so slow, 2022 has been very busy for me so far.

*Karen smiles.*

Karen: Deal.

*She quickly lunges forward and tries to lock up with Tsuki.*
    Osman walks down a damp dark alley

Osman: I hope you don't mind meeting like this but it's best to keep a low profile right now.

Rotek: believe me my dear I understand perfectly what you are talking about. I was relieved to get your message and gathered as much data as I could. Local republic security it seems is unsure right now how to handle the incidents.

Osman: any idea on where they are based out of.

Rotek: I believe if my sources I spoke to are correct they are operating in the lower district in the south part of the capital. That is what they suspected at least.

Osman: do you believe them? Is there any chance I could question them as well?

Rotek: oh I believe him. As for talking to him well let's just say that would be very difficult right now.

Osman: you killed him didn't you.

Rotek: it was either that or keep him locked up somewhere and honestly he wasn't a very loaded source of information.

Osman: ok looks like I start there then. Thank you.

Rotek: not quite so fast my dear. I'm going with you.

He raises a hand before she can speak

Rotek: you my dear are great at intelligence but I have the underworld connections and the ability to lie that you simply don't. Besides I'm less likely to be recognized then you.

Osman: yes because there are so many cardassians in the capital.

Rotek gives her a smile as he extends an arm out as she sighs and starts walking with him following closely besides.

Rotek: besides they blew up my favorite casino and one of the only ones that had my favorite type of kanar