test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I just got TRIBBLE - what can I do about it?

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Askray wrote: »
    Probably =X JK :)

If you submitted a ticket sunday and STILL haven't heard anything a few questions, did you submit it with a subject TRIBBLE from the ticket system (either on PWE's site or Cryptic's?).

If you did, I'd actually edit/update it with a request to see what the status is :) (This is my personal opinion).

If NOT you can always submit a ticket to customerservice@perfectworld.com too :)

you should get a response within a day or two they've been working very hard (and in some cases pretty fast) at getting things taken care of :)

Askray, I have updated the ticket twice, and i've gotten the "I've forwarded your request to our restoration team" response, however, I have still yet to see the account fixed. it's day 6.
    -
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    carmenara wrote:
    Absurd. You'd think his LTS should mean higher priority for customer support - but why are my silver accounts attended to first?

i think this fiasco is revealing something about the CS department, either they are understaffed, their tools are inefficient or unruly to work with, or probably both.

a CS team is only as good as the tools they are given, and I think the infrastructure of cryptic to pw has made it really hard for them to do their job. They probably have to manually do things, that should be automated for them.

-
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    carmenara wrote:
    Is it okay to re-submit tickets and/or email if the matter has not been responded to in a timely manner?

I have received customer support emails saying such as "We are investigating. If you deem our response to be unsatisfactory please feel free to re-submit another ticket".
    If after 5 days AGAIN, personal opinion, I'd ask for an update do what they suggest re-submit.
    Askray, I have updated the ticket twice, and i've gotten the "I've forwarded your request to our restoration team" response, however, I have still yet to see the account fixed. it's day 6.
    -
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Sure would be nice ot have one of the Community Reps to reach out to the people in this thread also that are still waiting to have their accounts restored. Is it really too much to ask for one of them to take a break from writing up patch notes and announcements once or twice a week to PM these users for their ticket numbers, follow them up, and get back to the users on what is happening? Well... I guess we'll see!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    carmenara wrote:
    Absurd. You'd think his LTS should mean higher priority for customer support - but why are my silver accounts attended to first?

not relly i have ben a lifer from when the game came out . mine was TRIBBLE on a saturday. by puting in a ticket. lestign the closest time i think it was i got breched . wich i used the recoreds form the fleet banke beeing emptyed out as a good recored odf what tiem and date. listed what acc name and the lvl.
    then buy winsday i was fixed had grat responce form pw.its pw who is restorign the acc not CP
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    JCSWW wrote: »
    Sure would be nice ot have one of the Community Reps to reach out to the people in this thread also that are still waiting to have their accounts restored. Is it really too much to ask for one of them to take a break from writing up patch notes and announcements once or twice a week to PM these users for their ticket numbers, follow them up, and get back to the users on what is happening? Well... I guess we'll see!

as stated be for the acc are beign restored by PW team . not CP
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Foxstab wrote: »

Galor has nothing to do with this.
    Your username is the global account handle that is being displayed out in the open for anyone to see.
    If it is indeed possible to brute force the login sequence at either the launcher or at the client's login screen (just make a new account and try to input a lot of purposely-wrong passwords for your username and see how long it takes until it refuses to accept any more login attempts and/or freezes the account) then there's virtually nothing to stop anyone from cracking at it until it yields the correct password.

That's one of the points I was trying to make in my post....

And your viewpoint has already been expressed in the thread. You are of the opinion that dozens of users were the victims of poor security on their home PC's.... some of us might believe that Cryptic/PWE are to some extent to blame.

Why am I feeding this Troll?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Day 7, still not fixed yet....

Can someone who's been fixed chime in and state how long it took before they got fixed? Just so I can know if I'm on the curve, or past it.

-
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    There are websites where you can buy ec and dilithium i thought they were not hackers but they are i think thats why your guys accounts were TRIBBLE by taking them from you and selling them:mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    carmenara wrote:

Can someone who's been fixed chime in and state how long it took before they got fixed? Just so I can know if I'm on the curve, or past it.

-
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    hort_wort wrote: »
    Yeah, same here. Hmmmmm. Me has idea. -changes avatar-

Oh! -giggles- Like, I logged into my character and all my stuff was gone. I was all double-yoo tee eff! So then, I submit a ticket to get it fixed, but everyone is ignoring me! I don't understand why one of you smart, strong, young men hasn't reached out to a girl like me. I mean, I feel so vulnerable after that meanie hacker had his way with my account. I work so hard as a model all day long, I'm shy so it's a real strain for me to be in front of those boys with the cameras. Then I *love* to hang out in my starship when I get home, but now I can't. :(

Please, someone help me? -twirls hair and bats tear-soaked eyelashes- :o ♥ ♥

merow? o.o
    (>n.n)> -bats playfully at your hair, thinking you're twirling it to tease- (>n.n)>
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    *resets the DACL wiped clean on STO server*

Yo, sup?
  • Options
    edited March 2012

-
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    -
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I've gotten the same messages as well... and it's been 8 days , myself

well its day 8 for myself as on the 19th.

-
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Oh! -giggles- Like, I logged into my character and all my stuff was gone. I was all double-yoo tee eff! So then, I submit a ticket to get it fixed, but everyone is ignoring me! I don't understand why one of you smart, strong, young men hasn't reached out to a girl like me. I mean, I feel so vulnerable after that meanie hacker had his way with my account. I work so hard as a model all day long, I'm shy so it's a real strain for me to be in front of those boys with the cameras. Then I *love* to hang out in my starship when I get home, but now I can't. :(

For the record, I didn't get it fixed that way :P

Just went straight to the point - submit TRIBBLE ticket, call the credit card company (just in case) and fixed on Day 2.

ps. And how the heck can someone post so cutely. Not that it's possible to gain any useful information out of cute posts! :P
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Sheer genius. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Pure genius :D
    *Devil grin*
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    There seems to be some sort of problem getting some users accounts restored. In this thread (close to the end of it), there are a number of users that have been waiting a week or longer with no response from customer service on the status of their account being restored. One in particular, @hort_wort, has followed all instructions outliked to reporting an account being TRIBBLE and had agreed to accept the risk of his account being restored. So... When are these users going to get some sort of progress, hopefully a resolution, but most importantly a response from Customer Service about the status fo restoring their accounts.

Would really be nice if a Cryptic employee could take a look at this thread, as well as this one, and follow up with these people that are being ignored.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    To try and bring a bit more attention to this matter, I have posted a thread in the Q&A area as it's pretty clear the staff couldn't give a TRIBBLE to pay attention tot he technical area of this forum. If you haven't had your account restored as of yet, please post in here in hope of something actually noticing and bieng able to do something about it.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    i dont see posting that ur account waas TRIBBLE a good idea on the forums on the first place.all that does is let anyone with malicous intent know your username and all they need to do is use their toolset and it can easily be TRIBBLE again if u r shouting out to the public u r having security issues.but yes i agree with ur statement CS should have gotten to u by now.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The accounts recently TRIBBLE were not a direct result of user systems, but rather a trojan on the STOwiki site...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I think these people just want to get back to playing. However, logging in and finding everything you once had is gone and still gone after a week of silence from Customer Service sure doesn't help. Especially when others post that it only took a day to have their accounts restored. From my understanding, it's Brandon's job to address issues the community has but some of thoese users reports and restorations aren't getting taken care of. This isn't what I would call good customer service!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    The accounts recently TRIBBLE were not a direct result of user systems, but rather a trojan on the STOwiki site...

wait what trojan?
    :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    scipher wrote:
    wait what trojan?
    :eek:

As I understand it yes...

Heres the Info I have read and as I understand it:

Appearently a flash commercial made its way onto the stowiki website that included a trojan, wich in turn carried a keylogger..

The flash has since then been removed, but the damage has been done.

Not exactly sure where I read it... i will try to find the text in question.

There:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=260629
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    JCSWW wrote: »
    There seems to be some sort of problem getting some users accounts restored. In this thread (close to the end of it), there are a number of users that have been waiting a week or longer with no response from customer service on the status of their account being restored. One in particular, @hort_wort, has followed all instructions outliked to reporting an account being TRIBBLE and had agreed to accept the risk of his account being restored. So... When are these users going to get some sort of progress, hopefully a resolution, but most importantly a response from Customer Service about the status fo restoring their accounts.

Would really be nice if a Cryptic employee could take a look at this thread, as well as this one, and follow up with these people that are being ignored.
    This thread is posted in the wrong Forums.. Developers rarely venture outside of the Support Forum... (and considering the amount of vitriol posted in the other sections, this isn't surprising)

If you want this issue to get noticed, post it in the Support Forum...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    (and considering the amount of vitriol posted in the other sections, this isn't surprising)

It only became that way after we stopped getting feedback while trying to guess at what happened. Stormy responded on page 5. In fact, things were quite civil until page 9 when people were getting impatient after no additional feedback for a few days. Even so! They just told matter of factly how they were feeling, little insult behind anything.

I'm really not seeing this "vitriol" you mention. It's people who are obviously frustrated and trying to get help. You shouldn't think so poorly of your fellow man. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    If people would get decent security software then I believe that this would never happen. I have not been TRIBBLE because I actually use a good security software (Norton 360 Version 6.0). AND IT WORKS. My computer actually increased in performance after I installed it because it had performance enhancing tools. All you need to stop hackers utilising the trojan is a good firewall which would block the incoming and outgoing connections for it.:)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Out of curiosity, do the others still waiting have PWE accounts? I don't have one, I whined straight to Cryptic support. :confused:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    *look around for the grainy, monochrome film from the 1950's, Computer Security and YOU!*

In the meantime, I'll think positive thoughts for friends here who got TRIBBLE. Account recovery can be tedious no matter the amount of CS available to implement it. I have yet to meet a company who can snap their fingers and make it happen. I've known player's of other platforms who waited anywhere from one week to three weeks.