test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I just got TRIBBLE - what can I do about it?

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Cost of CS staff dealing with hacks < cost of RSA server implementation

if that ever changes the other way they will do it
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm pretty sure, if PWE put some weight behind it to use for all their titles, that cost would be negligible and give them a lot of good brownie points for being proactive;

there are clients for nearly all types of mobile devices;
    http://www.emc.com/security/rsa-securid/rsa-securid-software-authenticators.htm#!offerings_for_mobile_devices
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Dyce9984 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure, if PWE put some weight behind it to use for all their titles, that cost would be negligible and give them a lot of good brownie points for being proactive;
    But you should ask this question first... Why haven't these measures been implemented for on-line Bank and Financial transactions, when they have such higher stakes to lose...

(The answer is that the costs are not 'negligible'....)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    For folks who haven't seen this announcement yet....
    At Cryptic Studios, your privacy and security is important. As part of our ongoing efforts to monitor and enhance security, we recently detected evidence of an unauthorized access to one of our user databases. The unauthorized access occurred in December 2010, and evidence of this has just been uncovered due to increased security analysis.

So it looks like people affected were probably like me. I hadn't changed my password since playing the beta. I just didn't think anyone would bother stealing it, it's just a game, there's almost no profit to be had. Well whatever. I'm glad they found the problem.

Now I expect the righteous rants to merge from "don't hand out your information" and "choose a good password" to "change your password more often". :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    But you should ask this question first... Why haven't these measures been implemented for on-line Bank and Financial transactions, when they have such higher stakes to lose...

(The answer is that the costs are not 'negligible'....)

In my previous job as a sys-admin (aka an IT department) we implemented RSA tokens ourselves for our 1000 user workforce, it's not that hard, nor expensive in the grand scheme of things, but that's all besides the point,

it can and is done for corporations all over the world