test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Operation Gamma...more like Operation Impossible

124»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's like doing an STF with a ship you just bought from the shipyard....

One of my first runs of Operation Gamma was done in a Delta Flyer that was wearing my Borg space set. It works great! You can barely see the shuttle though.

My advice with this fight is to either run two beam arrays and use Fire at will, or two Torps and torp spread, one of them photon, but not the craptastic one that shuttles come with.

I also use EptS, usually a PDS console, and a red matter capacitor.

And for the third wave of repair drones, ignore the fighters, manually target the drones if you have to but focus on them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • iceaxe18iceaxe18 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oops I didn't see this thread, and made my own. Anyways I did pass it in the Federation side, but its really difficult, and really frustrating. I'm currently playing KDF side, and I'm on this mission, and really TRIBBLE off with it, and I'm probably will be up all night trying to beat it. I'm on normal difficulty, and you would think that it would be easy, but nooooo. Plus if you get kinda far, and you die you have to start all over again witch makes it even more frustrating.
    edited February 2013
    what did you want help on?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is no mre different do this on the Kdf with Taron shuttle same aplies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Operation Gamma is probably the easiest mission in the whole game. Dealing with the Stations sensors are easy, just prioritize offing work bees while avoiding the fighters until all of the bees are eliminated, spending a bit of EC to get a Danube shuttle rather than using the default giveaway shuttle is a worthwhile investment, have shield batteries handy and a Boff with an ensign level hull repair and it's not a bad idea to have a leadership trait either on your captain or on the Boff you use. , there are a number of places you can go to to get the walkthrough for the various salvage missions, I have a hint sheet printed out that has the processes listed out that I pull out for when I'm doing Gamma, Trialus satellite repair or a group of other puzzle missions.When dealing with the swarms at the end move to the exit of Faraks cave and just withing firing range of the 3 swarms that spawn, they won't attack you if you stay at the limit of firing range, then shoot at only one group to aggro the groups in to you one at a time rather than being swarmed by multiple groups by flying to them. Then all that's left is to decide whether or not you want to kill Farak.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's not a difficult mission, but it is annoying.

Getting sensors, no problem if you take out work bees first before targeting fighters.

Supply haul for the ferengi, not too hard if you make a note what to do for which situation.

Swarmers can be dealt with if you go slow and target from long range.

Only redeeming quality is that you get to shoot that ferengi, although choosing to let her go will give you an accolade.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You get an accolade either way "Kind-Hearted" if you let her live, "Best Served Cold" if you kill her.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • millievanillie85millievanillie85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I realise this is an old thread, but since I got stuck on the same part of this (seemingly impossible) mission myself, experiencing a level of frustration similar to that expressed by the OP, I thought I'd put in my two cents anyway. Especially since I managed to solve the problem.

I attempted to complete the first stage of this mission for over an hour before realizing I could reset my difficulty settings of the game from "Advanced" to "Normal". It got a hell of a lot easier after that.

In fact, I dare say this mission is impossible on any other setting than Normal. There is simply no way of destroying one worker bee before another is already halfway done with its repair job (and I'm at the wheels of a top dollar Delta Flyer, which is packing).

I guess the different difficulty settings explain why some people found this mission a breeze, while others, like me, found it excruciating.
  • opinionateddroneopinionateddrone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    :eek: Operation Impossible is right!

I get Alpha, kill the worker bee and the two ships
    I get Beta, nothing happens.
    I get Gamma, kill the first worker bee and if I'm lucky, kill the second worker bee and ships.
    If I get to Delta I don't have enough time to deal enough damage to all the worker bees before one of them repairs one of the clusters and I'm back at the start again.

WHAT. THE. ****.

I've been at this for 2 hours straight. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I try with a single plasma beam array and a plasma torpedo. I try with a dual plasma beam array and a plasma torpedo. I try with two dual plasma beam arrays. I try with two plasma torpedos... everything is either Mk X or XI... and I just dont have enough ****ing god damn bull****ting time to do it. even if I sit still and kill the worker bees one at a time. Even with Heavy tetrion turrets placed at each cluster... GRRRRRRRAAAAAAHHHHHH! If its ****ing meant for team play only, then why is it available solo?!?!?!?!?!:confused::confused:
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just focus on worker bees, ignore shuttles. After you are done with them, then kill the shuttles...
    It will be easier with single beams and beam overload.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As the reason for all problems in STO are the Iconians, the solution to all problems is FAW.
    Fit two single beams, set power to weapons and activate FAW at the right time and the problem is solved. Even the fighters go down without further notice and later in the mission is comes in handy against the swarmers again.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Necrooooo….
    No issue with that part , just FAW .
    The only issues I have with these Cardassian FE episodes is the long tedious cutscenes that you have seen over 9000 times and you can't skip.
    Cryptic, if you want to reroll some Delta recruit episodes again, improve our quality of life and let us skip them … Is it that hard ?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• smokeynz13smokeynz13 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have been trying for a couple days to do this mission. I do the salvage no problem and repair the ferangi ship. Only problem I'm having at the moment is when i have to defeat the swarmers I am stuck in the cave and can't get out of it. Rubberbanding to the max
  • itpalgitpalg Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Worst

mission

ever

(the dps twitch click bee shoot'em up)
    ITPaladin.png
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    smokeynz13 wrote: »
    I have been trying for a couple days to do this mission. I do the salvage no problem and repair the ferangi ship. Only problem I'm having at the moment is when i have to defeat the swarmers I am stuck in the cave and can't get out of it. Rubberbanding to the max

Get an aceton emitter, drop it at the entrance to the cave before you talk to farek. It will kill all the swarmers for you during her warp out cutscene. You can just swap to the next map without having to fight them at all.
    edited May 2015
    Get an aceton emitter, drop it at the entrance to the cave before you talk to farek. It will kill all the swarmers for you during her warp out cutscene. You can just swap to the next map without having to fight them at all.
    or you can use the back entrance..... the goal is to leave the cave, not fight the swarmers. Granted, I have fun fighting the swarmers, but you don't NEEED to.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    or you can use the back entrance..... the goal is to leave the cave, not fight the swarmers. Granted, I have fun fighting the swarmers, but you don't NEEED to.

Afaik you have it as an objective to kill 3 swarms. Which can easily be accomplished with BFAW and the equipment you got when purchasing the runabout for 39k EC...
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Beam Fire At Will is how I've always done it. You could probably get some satisfactory results with Torpedo Spread also.
    edited May 2015
    schloopdoo wrote: »
    Beam Fire At Will is how I've always done it. You could probably get some satisfactory results with Torpedo Spread also.
    Harghs are nice due to the splash damage. If it hits it'll often take out several swarmers.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing