Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • mcakomxmcakomx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    harry kim has gained the power of levitation

screenshot_2015_02_08_07_46_15.jpg
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Great work as always, mcakomx. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Photoshop tinkering...

10lAIMp.png
  • ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    The shuttlebay really should be an accessible location via the ship interior:

crew2.jpg?dl=0
    After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
    wbur87.jpg
    U.S.S. Tempest
    edited February 2015
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    screenshot_2014-11-22-10-32-51
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
    edited February 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    screenshot_2014-11-22-10-32-51

Good God, how do I post a screenshot because I have some rather cool ones
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You must first host it (ImageShack?) and then post the link between [IMG][/IMG]tags.
    I have a feeling that the contest instructions could do with an extra bullet point for the uploading of images.

In short: upload your screenshot to a photo sharing website and paste a link to your uploaded image in this thread.

Some photo sharing websites offer "embed codes" which are text you can copy-paste to make your screenshot show up as an image in your post. Look for text labeled BBCode, which is the format used on this forum, it usually looks like B]IMG[/Bhttp://img.host/filename.jpgB]/IMG[/B

I was going to suggest using arcgame social for submitting screenshots but the imposed restrictions, limited ability to manage your own submissions and awkward means of getting the required URL to the image; makes it a poor option in its current state.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    screenshot_2015-02-07-15-52-32_1423413778.jpg
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
    edited February 2015
    This is part of my MACO elite series
    pb46pPiZj

edited February 2015
    My MACO elite series is only covering Kobali Prime right now, but I will have more

edited February 2015
    I cant get screenshots that I got by hitting renderscale in the chat onto imageshack, any help on getting them on this thread?

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I cant get screenshots that I got by hitting renderscale in the chat onto imageshack, any help on getting them on this thread?
    Renderscale just changes the display resolution. pushing the print screen keyboard on your keyboard will make a screenshot. You can then either paste that into an image editor(I use MSpaint but most will do) if you want a screenshot with UI, or find it in the game folder after you hit the button. there is also a /screenshot command. I'm not sure what all the parameters for it are.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited February 2015

Here is a very amateurish tutorial from me how to upload images to Imgur and how you can post them to the STO forum. Certainly there are better instructions out there on how to do that, but this is the way I do it.

0RifyEYl.jpg

Also I recommend the following link where Thomas Marrone explains the different options and possibilities to create screenshots from STO

How I learned to stop worrying and take cool screenshots in Star Trek Online
  • fringecutleryfringecutlery Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mN2vF97l.jpg

Harry is such a gentleman. :o
    mcakomx wrote: »
    Here is a very amateurish tutorial from me how to upload images to Imgur and how you can post them to the STO forum. Certainly there are better instructions out there on how to do that, but this is the way I do it.
    We could really do with something like this in the contest threads.
    edited February 2015
    This is one of my Defera pics
    eypluBwPj

• taidyrtaidyr Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    edited February 2015
    edited February 2015
    edited February 2015
    edited February 2015
    I'm not usually super into taking screenshots in space, but I think this turned out rather well:
    zHcwSTll.jpg

Fixed the link, thanks!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "does not exist"
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited February 2015
    I'm not usually super into taking screenshots in space, but I think this turned out rather well:
    zHcwSTll.jpg

Fixed the link, thanks!

That's a pretty good shot. The nebula/gas cloud in the background looks as if it were part of a huge portal and the ship just came out of it, slowly and menacing (insert fateful music) :cool:
    edited February 2015
    That's a pretty good shot. The nebula/gas cloud in the background looks as if it were part of a huge portal and the ship just came out of it, slowly and menacing (insert fateful music) :cool:
    Thanks.

It's from a starbase defense I did yesterday. The gas is from one of the intel ships moving behind a dreadnought and activated ionic turbulence as they were shooting at it.

Ionic turbulence has never struck me as being so thick as the screenshot suggests, but I'm not complaining. :D
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Does the music from the Battle of P3Y-229 count? :D (Stargate SG-1: 'Camelot')

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited February 2015
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Does the music from the Battle of P3Y-229 count? :D (Stargate SG-1: 'Camelot')

It does, without a doubt! And that reminds me that I would really like to see a proper Stargate MMO. One like Stargate Worlds which was unfortunately never completed. Perhaps we should ask Cryptic/Perfect World to do it? That would be awesome to play STO and SG1 side by side, hehe.

In the meantime, I'm going to re-watch all seasons of SG1, because of your comment :D
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In the meantime, I'm going to re-watch all seasons of SG1, because of your comment :D
    i was hoping to do that two weeks ago...but the dickwads running netflix went and pulled everything stargate related at some point, and i only own the first four seasons of sg-1
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited February 2015
    i was hoping to do that two weeks ago...but the dickwads running netflix went and pulled everything stargate related at some point, and i only own the first four seasons of sg-1

In my region only Stargate Atlantis is currently available on Netflix, which is disappointing. But on Amazon Prime all Stargate shows are available and you could sign up for the 30-day trial version of Prime and watch Stargate there?