Install Arc
Options

EPIC Screenshot Thread is EPIC

Comments

• Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sohtoh wrote: »
    Well played, sir. And to think I told a colleague not too long ago that the addition of the Vaadwaur uniform meant that one could 'get their Star-Lord on'...
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you are referring to this, then I believe it does. So I'll see that and raise some Ace Combat tuneage, specifically:

Well, the bit of music I have came from an old version of a Stargate mod for Star Wars: Empire at War, and was literally called 'Camelot'.

The next time I watched the episode, I noted that it began when the Korolev dropped out of hyperspace, give or take a few seconds (probably take :P) and lasted until the end of the episode.

Edit: I'd say the part where the Ori ships are coming out of the supergate is fairly appropriate, given the nature of the screenshot. :)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just a test
    S4PkxV1.jpg?1
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • Options
    seargentxseargentx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zHcwSTll.jpg

Does anyone else kind of think that this ship looks like it just came out of a hyperspace window from Stargate Atlantis?
    (If there are any Stargate fans here...)
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    seargentx wrote: »
    Does anyone else kind of think that this ship looks like it just came out of a hyperspace window from Stargate Atlantis?
    (If there are any Stargate fans here...)

Not sure, I'd say stargate universe since the tholians and it have lots in common.

Both were unexpected and came out of nowhere, both storylines lead absolutely nowhere and both comepletly disappeared into oblivion as SGU got canceled and the tholians are just a "thing" that simply happened a while ago and nobody really pays any attention to anymore.:D
  • Options
    seargentxseargentx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not sure, I'd say stargate universe since the tholians and it have lots in common.

Both were unexpected and came out of nowhere, both storylines lead absolutely nowhere and both comepletly disappeared into oblivion as SGU got canceled and the tholians are just a "thing" that simply happened a while ago and nobody really pays any attention to anymore.:D

Sounds about right. Had a lot of potential though.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Both were unexpected and came out of nowhere, both storylines lead absolutely nowhere and both comepletly disappeared into oblivion as SGU got canceled and the tholians are just a "thing" that simply happened a while ago and nobody really pays any attention to anymore.
    Hah! Brilliant comparison! :cool: :P
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    seargentx wrote: »
    Sounds about right. Had a lot of potential though.

Sadly true but I think it tried waaaaaaay too hard to be some kind of politcal drama thriller thingy.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Sadly true but I think it tried waaaaaaay too hard to be some kind of politcal drama thriller thingy.

In other words, it tried to be the new BSG ported over to Stargate, right?

Anyway, I agree completely with this. Should have just extended Atlantis for a few more seasons.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mcakomx wrote: »
    That's a pretty good shot. The nebula/gas cloud in the background looks as if it were part of a huge portal and the ship just came out of it, slowly and menacing (insert fateful music) :cool:

Yep, basically THIS music is what I had in mind when I saw that image. http://youtu.be/G-blq8vV4eo?t=2m39s

On another note, my Cardassian just gave me some pretty cool poses in his new outfit. You have NO idea how long it took to get that to look like something that was NOT a Space TRIBBLE uniform...instead I got something that makes me wonder if he ran out really quick from some holo-LARPing. ;)

screenshot_2015-02-16-22-49-31_zpsbceamwno.jpg

screenshot_2015-02-17-00-11-07_zpsp1ftacw1.jpg

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Very nice Jedi robe!
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Very nice Jedi robe!

Haha, I didn't know Jedi wore blue. ;) It's funny, though...I didn't specifically set out to make it look like a Jedi outfit but almost everyone who has seen it has said that's what it looked like. I guess it must be a SWTOR thing (which I don't play) because I am not used to thinking of Jedi as wearing any armor.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    Haha, I didn't know Jedi wore blue. ;) It's funny, though...I didn't specifically set out to make it look like a Jedi outfit but almost everyone who has seen it has said that's what it looked like. I guess it must be a SWTOR thing (which I don't play) because I am not used to thinking of Jedi as wearing any armor.

Aside from the armor, it reminds me of some variants of Jedi robes from KOTOR1.

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    a lot of jedi wore armor, especially during the clone wars
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Well, you learn something new every day!

Let's just say I am a very, very casual Star Wars fan--as in, if a movie shows up in theaters I will go see it but I don't otherwise go out of my way to get into SW like I do Trek. You'll probably hate me for this but that probably makes me exactly the demographic JJ Abrams is aiming for. ;)

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    why? i LIKE nutrek - though i'd like it better if both stories weren't full of more holes than a wheel of swiss cheese
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I actually like it too even if it has plot holes. But hearing all the Star Wars fans get upset over a certain light saber...it kinda gives me an appreciation for what very casual Trek fans thought of what a lot of the more hardcore fans had to say about JJTrek. Me...I'm like, "Lightsaber broadsword? So?" ;)

But I guess that's a discussion for another thread since Gul Berat did not bring one of those for his LARP session. ;)

• Options
    sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well played, sir. And to think I told a colleague not too long ago that the addition of the Vaadwaur uniform meant that one could 'get their Star-Lord on'...

I got bored the other day. :D
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I refuse to even touch TOR, because EA. EA. Enough said.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My newest character looking over New Romulus.

screenshot_2015-02-21-01-03-47_zps0uy0nii1.jpg
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    And in other news, I just now witnessed the most despicable thing at DS9. After a very successful STF, I returned to DS9, to deposit Neural Processors into my Bank. But then this guy (Guy?) ran into the room. And my eyes instantly started burning. :mad:

5x0su8.jpg

Have fun trying to un-see that one. Can a Dev please have a look into this? :mad:

I may never un-see this, it made me laugh so hard and its burned to my brain. Plus: How did that guy? get a thong?
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it's probably a tailor hack to make him naked. But instead of naked you get that since the character model is not 100% complete.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Oh dear, it's 50 Shades of Romulan. :eek:

Need Brain Bleach NOW.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Oh dear, it's 50 Shades of Romulan. :eek:

Need Brain Bleach NOW.

The guys name is trillabit

Queue: Angry Klingons charging at you
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    Your name/account is likely to soon be banned. What the hell is wrong with you?

He has no common sense or logic, he is what a human becomes when he watches too much tv or plays to many games

• Options
    racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    He has no common sense or logic, he is what a human becomes when he watches too much tv or plays to many games

He's actually a really nice guy.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I really don't understand why you sexist jerks have to make a big deal out of a man who wishes to dress in underwear "in public". I don't run around and say "Your gameplay isn't up to my expectations, EXPECT A BAN!"
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I really don't understand why you sexist jerks have to make a big deal out of a man who wishes to dress in underwear "in public". I don't run around and say "Your gameplay isn't up to my expectations, EXPECT A BAN!"
    Oh, I couldn't care about that. It's the picture he's decided to post in the screenshot (twin towers). It's not exactly a laughing matter, and somewhat irresponsible.

Considering his post count too, he's nothing more than a seemingly obvious troll, so yeah, he deserves to be banned. :P
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    Oh, I couldn't care about that. It's the picture he's decided to post in the screenshot (twin towers). It's not exactly a laughing matter, and somewhat irresponsible.

Considering his post count too, he's nothing more than a seemingly obvious troll, so yeah, he deserves to be banned. :P

Judging by your post history, you're nothing but a hapless troll. Get out.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Judging by your post history, you're nothing but a hapless troll. Get out.

Then you and Mrs. Tovan can leave this forum and do somthing else like join the ESD troll channel (ESD chat).